PDA

View Full Version : Versus Bashing Thread

hingisGOAT
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I'm watching some endless(ly boring) deuce game in the sharapova/dementieva match, and in this one game the wrong score has flashed at the bottom of the screen THREE times. they did this during the petrova/mauresmo match; jumping the gun in long games. more annoying than this is that they've lost their signal a few times in their first few hours (during the first match, they had to cut to commercial and an entire game's worth of play was missed).

i really don't care the championships are not on ESPN, but it would've been nice if the WTA sold the broadcasting rights to a network competent enough to 1) show the match without interruption, and 2) call the score correctly

No.1Hingis
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I could ask for an international network.. cause.. a lot people cant watch the tournament so..

henree
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM
So damn annoying. And I agree about having a competent network carry coverage. Versus can take a flying leap for all I care. Wta tour tennis is in the doldrums as far as tv coverage is concerned.

Piotr'ek
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM
it's not versus fault, es got the same.

Sally Struthers
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=273235

:fiery:

*roddicksinme*
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:19 PM
when is the last time you got to see 3 womens matches from the Championships live and back to back in the US?

hurricanejeanne
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:28 PM
K.
I thought we'd get different commentators for this shit.
Why'd ever get my hopes up?

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:33 PM
at first I thought it said Venus bashing thread, and I was like "OH HELL NO" :fiery: But yeah Versus sucks lol :sad:

Pureracket
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:34 PM
LOL!!!!! If I've said it once, I've said it 101020239 times, you all who were praying for the day Serena and Venus were out of tennis' top echelon have it now in America.

Well, here ya' go. . . .the Madrid YEC on PAX.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

goldenlox
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Versus is new at this. But I'm glad today was live

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Yes that was annoying :o And we couldn't see some of the challenges...

Marcell
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I was able to order versus for $4.95 for 30 days. So far I have no complaint.