PDA

View Full Version : The "Annabel Croft French Open Hate" Thread.

Pages : [1] 2

!<blocparty>!
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Annabel introduced Justine Henin to the Dubai crowd this evening as Justine Henin-Hardenne.

Eurosport. :rolleyes:

I hate this woman. I can understand why UK Gold or some other channel like LivingTV hire her for some crap housing show, but tennis. Ugh. Yes she was a crap Brit Bagel Girl back in the day but her presenting skills are awful.

Thoughts?

And oh, they got rid of Maleeva (:woohoo:!) and replaced her with a lovely Belgian woman who has WON 7 WTA TOUR TITLES!!! She's easy to listen to and sounds a bit like Kimmy C but oh well, I think I like her! :D

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:58 PM
agree. Annabell Croft should go back to that celebrity wrestling thing she did :o

Wayn77
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Totally agree - she is crap! The only time Croft is any good is when Peter Fleming :worship: is on the sofa and the bitch can't get a word in edgeways.

LDF
I totally agree. Her presenting isn't flowing at all and she just doesn't seem to have a very in-depth knowledge of the game. She just says the same things over and over, everytime I see her :o

Jenny.C.Fan
I don't know, she's absolutely fucking awful though

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:02 PM
who do we want instead?

!<blocparty>!
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I totally agree. Her presenting isn't flowing at all and she just doesn't seem to have a very in-depth knowledge of the game. She just says the same things over and over, everytime I see her :o

*dead*

She cracked me up tonight before they went to a break.. "And after the break, we will be discussing Nadia's performance and Amelie in much more detail". And when they came back on she tried to hold a sensible discussion but:

a) it sounded terrible.
b) nothing flowed.
c) they repeated everything like 3 times by the end.

Pretty much the usual but it was still amusing.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM
who do we want instead?

We want Sue Barker.

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:08 PM
We want Sue Barker.

no, she is annoying. She'll still find a way to talk about Henman and Murray at the YECs

Wayn77
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:08 PM
We want Sue Barker.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: (and Virginia Wade!)

LDF
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM
no, she is annoying. She'll still find a way to talk about Henamn and Murray at the YECs

:lol:

Sue Barker is sooooo much better than Annabel Croft.

jamatthews
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:11 PM

So is herpes. :tape:

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:12 PM

well that's not too hard :p

!<blocparty>!
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:14 PM
no, she is annoying. She'll still find a way to talk about Henman and Murray at the YECs

No.

Hating on Sue is banned in this thread. We worship Sue.

LDF
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:14 PM
well that's not too hard :p

I know :lol:

I can just imagine her after the end of this Maria-Elena match:

'Sharapova is just so mentally strong'

'Sharapova is so intense'

'She has such a mental edge'

'Her mental strength is astounding'

:rolleyes:

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
No.

Hating on Sue is banned in this thread. We worship Sue.

my apologies :)

:worship: sue barker! (well I worship her for Question of Sport!) :D

Wayn77
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:19 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/images/bank/talent/sport/300_sue_barker.jpg

!<blocparty>!
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:25 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/discovering/images2/famous/sue_barker_270.jpg

Sue wins Wimbledon. Bet you didn't know about that, did you?!?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1380000/images/_1384786_croft_300.jpg

Annabel Croft during her Wimbledon first round LOSS.

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:26 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/discovering/images2/famous/sue_barker_270.jpg

Sue wins Wimbledon. Bet you didn't know about that, did you?!?!

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:56 PM

I hate this woman. I can understand why UK Gold or some other channel like LivingTV hire her for some crap housing show, but tennis. Ugh. Yes she was a crap Brit Bagel Girl back in the day but her presenting skills are awful.

Thoughts?

And oh, they got rid of Maleeva (:woohoo:!) and replaced her with a lovely Belgian woman who has WON 7 WTA TOUR TITLES!!! She's easy to listen to and sounds a bit like Kimmy C but oh well, I think I like her! :D

Maleeva did struggle with her english - but who is the Belgian girl??? Callens, Van Roost, Applemans???

Wayn77
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Applemans

!<blocparty>!
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Maleeva did struggle with her english - but who is the Belgian girl??? Callens, Van Roost, Applemans???

Apple, yes. :p I had no idea she ever existed 5 hours ago. :eek:

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Apple, yes. :p I had no idea she ever existed 5 hours ago. :eek:

you must have been too young to remember! :p :p

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:03 PM
The Lady With 7 Tour Titles Was Sabine Applemans

ctan88
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Really? I never knew so many of you guys hated her commentary ... We get her here in Australia and i really have no complaints, i actually think she is quite good - but then again Australia doesnt have very good commentators - Nicole Pratt lol!

:inlove:
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:34 AM
She is almost as bad as whatshisface...Er...Oh what is it! That guy who does GMTV sometimes, and makes me wanna kill myself.
Can't remember his name, but he is AWFUL.

cs0803
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:55 AM
She is almost as bad as whatshisface...Er...Oh what is it! That guy who does GMTV sometimes, and makes me wanna kill myself.

:lol: :lol: Is it Andrew Castle? Yeah he's not that great.....

samn
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:15 AM

Andrew "I think Andy Murray can win Grand Slams and become #1" Castle. <violent shudder>

samn
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:18 AM
:worship: sue barker! (well I worship her for Question of Sport!) :D

I can no longer watch "A Question of Sport" without cracking up because I made the mistake of letting my mum (who's visiting) decide which channel she wanted to watch, and we ended up with Matt Dawson on "Strictly Come Dancing". :lol: No wonder the other guys on AQoS gave him such a hard time about his stint on SCD.

John.
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Listening to Annabel Croft and Andrew Castle makes my ears bleed.

During RG this year they also had Arvind Palmer in the studio giving his opinions. Makes me want to barf!!!

MLF
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Annabel Croft is not particularly good at her job, but she was a top 30 player so at least has some scope of idea about what it's like to play on the WTA tour. What's more annoying is the way British Europsort and Sky have given posts to British non-entities such as Lucie Ahl, Barry Cowan, Chris Bailey etc who sit there criticising the players and talking as if they were ever more than satellite circuit players themselves.

Kimmi
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I want Sue Barker!!! Sue rocks!!! :rocker:

As for Crofty.....not impressed.
Really.
Just stop.

Andy.
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I like Annabel Croft i always found her to be plesent and not a bad commentator.

John.
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Annabel Croft is not particularly good at her job, but she was a top 30 player so at least has some scope of idea about what it's like to play on the WTA tour. What's more annoying is the way British Europsort and Sky have given posts to British non-entities such as Lucie Ahl, Barry Cowan, Chris Bailey etc who sit there criticising the players and talking as if they were ever more than satellite circuit players themselves.

I forgot about Cowan and Ahl :weirdo:

Nov 8th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Andrew "I think Andy Murray can win Grand Slams and become #1" Castle. <violent shudder>

That's the one. :scared: The one who said his picks to win the US Open were Andy Murray and Andre Agassi. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Nov 8th, 2006, 11:27 AM
There is also someone I hate, who is pretty podgy and looks slightly Asian, and does Sky Sports sometimes. :rolleyes: He has no idea what he is talking about!

John.
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:32 AM
There is also someone I hate, who is pretty podgy and looks slightly Asian, and does Sky Sports sometimes. :rolleyes: He has no idea what he is talking about!

Arvind Palmer ???:confused: Perhaps.

JonBcn
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:50 AM

You're not wrong, it does make me laugh to hear them saying things like "so-and-so [ranked 300 places higher than I ever got] simply doesn't have the consistency/stroke/ability to mount a a more effective challenge..."

The one that annoys me most lately though is Peter Fleming. Whenever they ask him a question he responds with something like "Who can say?"

And people, please refer to Sue Barker by her proper title, the Right Honourable Sir Lady Sue Barker, MBE.

Cilla
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:59 AM
:lol: @ this thread. Agreed with the comments about Annabel, she is beyond useless.

MLF
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:01 PM
And people, please refer to Sue Barker by her proper title, the Right Honourable Sir Lady Sue Barker, MBE.

With regard to Fleming, he only comes up with that answer after a five second delay of screwing up his face in an anguished manner.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:18 PM

Or perhaps Queen Sue.

Ugh, Peter Fleming also disgusts me.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:27 PM
The one that annoys me most lately though is Peter Fleming. Whenever they ask him a question he responds with something like "Who can say?"

Fleming is ok, he always gives Bailey hell and makes him look like an idiot :lol: :tape: (not thats too hard to achieve)

JonBcn
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:39 PM
It's true that at leats their on-screen 'chemistry' is entertaining:

Bailey: *asks stupid question*
Fleming: *screws up face, pauses, delivers non-commital answer with contempt*
Bailey: *laughs uncomfortably, changes subject*

rinse and repeat until next match...

jamatthews
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Who ever mentioned Andrew C**tle needs to be banned. We don't need such vile things on a message board where there could be youngsters reading. :fiery:

V-MAC
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:55 PM
yeah down with the Croft!! She used to be on Sky Sport's coverage for the US Open a few years ago but thankfully, they dropped her. Speaking of Sky Sports,that Georgina Thompson (who presents the replay night session during the US Open) or whatever her name may be is simply :drool: she has that sexy, husky voice thing going on too ;) yeah anyway back to Anabel, I remember she was the captain for the European team during the Collins Cup in Dublin :o How does she get these gigs :scratch:

Martian Martin
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that Croft is beyond horrible :lol:

Her lack of tennis knowledge is awful and although I'll probably get slated for saying so in this thread with all the Sue worshippers, she isn't that much better. However at least Sue can get away with it because the type of person and presenter she is, Croft is about as exciting as watching paint dry :p

vertigo
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I don't mind Croft. I think she has a nice voice.

I miss the comedy highlight that was MaggI in the studio.

Kunal
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:56 PM
lol...i love it when certain cause so much animosity that ppl have to vent out their frustrations like this....

the same thing used to happen with vijay amritraj...although i think he is a good commentator

!<blocparty>!
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that Croft is beyond horrible :lol:

Her lack of tennis knowledge is awful and although I'll probably get slated for saying so in this thread with all the Sue worshippers, she isn't that much better. However at least Sue can get away with it because the type of person and presenter she is, Croft is about as exciting as watching paint dry :p

Shut up. Get out.

John.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Another major irritation has got to be Mark Petchey.

Talula
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:00 PM

Thoughts?

Kraut lover

Wayn77
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Or perhaps Queen Sue.

Ugh, Peter Fleming also disgusts me.

wash yur ears out!!

Just wanna state once again that Croft is totally crap!!!!

Peter Fleming rocks, knows what the fuck he is talking about, loves the sound of his own voice - Fleming IS THE MAN

LDF
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Another major irritation has got to be Mark Petchey.

I can't stand hearing him commentate on a Murray match :o

He also brings him up in other matches for no reason, which is annoying :(

!<blocparty>!
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Kraut lover

Honey, my flag is Belgian. :kiss:

iced gem
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I hate all these people. Particularly Andrew Castle, Mark Petchey and Arvind Parmar.
I've kind of grown used to Bailey now but he is still crap.
The only one of the "amazing British players who are so able to criticise the top players" who sometimes has something decent to say is Sam Smith but shame that she is the human personification of beige.

Sue would be allright if it weren't for her constant referrals to Murray and Henman even when the topic is nothing to do with them....

Peter Fleming is allright - the best of a bad bunch.

John.
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM
I had to bump this thread.

She introduced Juju to the Dubai crowd as Justine Henin Hardenne. :tape:

Can the woman not get anything right?

LDF
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:54 PM

:o

!<blocparty>!
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:55 PM
:haha:

Oh, Annabel. Please die.

LDF
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:56 PM

Oh, Annabel. Please die.

:spit:

John.
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM

Oh, Annabel. Please die.

:haha: Painfully

jamatthews
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM
I'm glad someone bumped this thread

Yesterday:

Annabel: Tamira Paszek beat Katarina Srebotnik...that's a new name to me.

Today:

Annabel: I've been keeping an eye on this girl for some time now. :weirdo:

Next Wimbledon:

Annabel: I remember watching the girls final where she lost to Radwanska and I knew right there she'd be a huge star. :rolleyes: :help:

V-MAC
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:58 PM

:o oh anabel. BTW, she did a blog for the Eurosport website during the Aus. Open, it was just hilarious to read all the viewer comments, 99% of them were complaining about how rubbish her blog was :o :o Not to mention the embarrassing moments where she kept on predicting Serena to lose at each stage of the tournament, and when she beat Maria, it took Anabel FOREVER to write up about the final.:tape:

V-MAC
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:59 PM
I'm glad someone bumped this thread

Yesterday:

Annabel: Tamira Paszek beat Katarina Srebotnik...that's a new name to me.

Today:

Annabel: I've been keeping an eye on this girl for some time now. :weirdo:

Next Wimbledon:

Annabel: I remember watching the girls final where she lost to Radwanska and I knew right there she'd be a huge star. :rolleyes: :help:

Maybe a day is a long time for Anabel to get to know a player :o

John.
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:01 PM
:haha::haha: She is a complete and utter waste of air

Feb 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
What-what is it doing commentating? :sad: Why do I have to listen to it? If I was in a room with her, and had an axe, I swear I'd be so tempted...

Wayn77
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:07 PM
Croft is pretty much guaranteed to make me cringe when she is in the studio presenting. She was co-commentating in Antwerp all last week, first time I have heard her for a while - AND SHE WAS PRETTY GOOD. :D :eek:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40135000/jpg/_40135295_annabel270.jpg

V-MAC
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:09 PM
Croft is pretty much guaranteed to make me cringe when she is in the studio presenting. She was co-commentating in Antwerp all last week, first time I have heard her for a while - AND SHE WAS PRETTY GOOD. :D :eek:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40135000/jpg/_40135295_annabel270.jpg

pah, give me Sam Smith any day.

Feb 21st, 2007, 08:09 PM
Reminds me of a *SLIGHTLY* better looking version of Patty. :tape:

Feb 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
Jo Durie no.1 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Wayn77
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
pah, give me Sam Smith any day.

agreed .... (and Jo Durie)

John.
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.iac.es/galeria/mrk/wimb05.jpeg

Sam Smith is a good commentator. I like her

Wayn77
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:13 PM
Reminds me of a *SLIGHTLY* better looking version of Patty. :tape:

:hearts: :hearts: PATTY :hearts: :hearts:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/brunsdon/offcourt270.jpg

jamatthews
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:16 PM
If I was in a room with her, and had an axe, I swear I'd be so tempted...

New Eurosport competition! :hearts:

John.
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:16 PM
:hearts: :hearts: PATTY :hearts: :hearts:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/brunsdon/offcourt270.jpg

:eek: She looks amazing there

The Dawntreader
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:19 PM
I'm so joining this great cause:bounce:

The most horrific commentator:rolleyes: The female version of Jason ' yes i am a robot' Goodall:lol:

jamatthews
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:20 PM
I'm so joining this great cause:bounce:

The most horrific commentator:rolleyes: The female version of Jason ' yes i am a robot' Goodall:lol:

I was going to say the vile Andrew Castle...:tape: I think I've probably slagged him off once in this thread already, but he's so bad I must do it again.

John.
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:24 PM
Is Jason Goodall the one who does all the analysis on the screens?

Annabel: Before we Sharapova & Clijsters take to the court, let's go over to Jason Goodall for some analysis.

Jason: Now, if you look at were Federer is standing to recive serve here as oppose to his return position in Melbourne, you'll see where Nadal has a slight advantage

It is honestly that bad sometimes!!!

Andy.
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:30 PM
She is OK, she has done some commentating for us and I never found her to be that bad, she seems really nice.

Martian Martin
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:33 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates her :tape:

Just give anybody here a job doing what she does, at least we actually know the players.

Wayn77
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:34 PM
Even worse than Castle and Goddall is another former Brit male player, he's terrible ... what's his name?

... wear's stripy shirts ... irritating monotonous voice ... face like Gordon Brown MP (i.e. face like a smacked arse)

LDF
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:39 PM
She is OK, she has done some commentating for us and I never found her to be that bad, she seems really nice.

I'm sure she's a nice woman away from the TV, it's just that her commentating is awful and her tennis knowledge is poor. :shrug:

LDF
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:40 PM
http://www.iac.es/galeria/mrk/wimb05.jpeg

Sam Smith is a good commentator. I like her

Yeah, Sam is great - knows her stuff and adds some humour to her commentary :)

Andy.
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'm sure she's a nice woman away from the TV, it's just that her commentating is awful and her tennis knowledge is poor. :shrug:
Yeah she probably is :lol: I like Jo durie she is my Fav Eurosport commentator and Sam Smith too

jamatthews
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:42 PM
Sam Smith - The conquerer of Conchita Martinez...Patty Schnyer...erm...??? :worship: :p

IMPOSSIBLE
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:42 PM
Sam Smith and Jo Durie Rule :)

Wintermute
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:43 PM

You know, I actually agree with you. Annabel is a terrible studio presenter but I watched one or two matches at Antwerp and I thought she did OK. Haven't seen much of Dubai though so she might have ruined it all again. Sam Smith and Jo Durie are the best female commentators.

By far the worst Brit commentator is Andrew Castle. He makes me want to pour hot lead in my ears so I won't have to listen to the inane garbage he spews forth. This is the man who predicted that the winner of Wimbledon '06 would be Tim Henman. :rolleyes: :o

Even worse than Castle and Goddall is another former Brit male player, he's terrible ... what's his name?

... wear's stripy shirts ... irritating monotonous voice ... face like Gordon Brown MP (i.e. face like a smacked arse)

Barry Cowan?

The Dawntreader
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah she probably is :lol: I like Jo durie she is my Fav Eurosport commentator and Sam Smith too

Love Sam's commentary:worship:

Jo's however:rolleyes: I find it so basic:

' that ball was hit very hard'

Care to ellaborate Jo?:rolleyes: :lol:

watchdogfish
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:46 PM
I was going to say the vile Andrew Castle...:tape: I think I've probably slagged him off once in this thread already, but he's so bad I must do it again.

Oh god I know! He should stay on the GMTV sofa!! :tape:

Wayn77
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:49 PM
Barry Cowan?

That's him :mad: :fiery: :fiery: :o :fiery: :mad: :rolleyes:

Mina Vagante
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:54 PM
she is REALLY bad- she always makes mistakes.. apparently serena lost in the QF US open 06 :rolleyes: and Vaidisova didnt drop a set until the SF with serena in melbourne:rolleyes: she is SO bad

Demska
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:56 PM
Jo Durie! :woohoo:

Craigy
Feb 21st, 2007, 09:03 PM
Jo Durie! :woohoo:

Jo!!! :rocker2: She waved at me :banana: :lol:

John.
Feb 21st, 2007, 09:05 PM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: Barry Cowan & Andrew Castle

Mina Vagante
Feb 21st, 2007, 09:07 PM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: Barry Cowan & Andrew Castle

i like andrew:) i dont like mats wilander? (i dont know how to spell it) commentary but i also like jo and sam smith's

John.
Feb 21st, 2007, 09:11 PM
I detest Andrew Castle. Him and Annabel Croft have to go

Feb 21st, 2007, 09:42 PM
Oh god I know! He should stay on the GMTV sofa!! :tape:

He shouldn't even be there. Why would anybody want to wake up to Andrew Castle and Fiona bloody Phillips? :help:

Feb 21st, 2007, 09:44 PM
i like andrew:) i dont like mats wilander? (i dont know how to spell it) commentary but i also like jo and sam smith's

You don't like Willander? I think his commentary is by far the most knowledgable and inciteful. :bowdown: I think he's awesome. :yeah: Him and Jo Durie. Aaah I love them to bits.

Chris Bradnan (sp) - does he really have a wife and kids? :unsure: He takes way too big an interest into what all the women are wearing. :unsure:

Wayn77
Feb 21st, 2007, 09:50 PM
You don't like Willander? I think his commentary is by far the most knowledgable and inciteful. :bowdown: I think he's awesome. :yeah: Him and Jo Durie. Aaah I love them to bits.

Yes Mats Willander is superb, the best men's commentator imo. Special mention to Peter Fleming: love his New Yawk humour and shoot from the hip at-ti-tude.

The Queen has to be Jo Durie :worship: :hearts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/775000/images/_778611_jodurie150.jpg

Lapin
Feb 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM
Oh dear, Annabel really introduced Justine as JHH today?! :rolleyes: I can't say I'm really surprised though, she seems to make a lot of mistakes when she's commentating.... :o

Jo Durie's my favourite, love her sense of humour!! :bigclap:

(Also, enjoy watching Peter Fleming disagreeing with Chris Bailey! :lol: )

Vamos.
Feb 21st, 2007, 10:23 PM
Annabel is really embarassing to watch; her presenting makes for cringeworthy television! She never knows what she is doing, always pulls faces of anxiety when she thinks her face is not in shot. Just shots endless questions at the crappy guests she has on the sofa. I don't like the "hate"...but she is embarassing, I feel sorry for her more than anything else because she just makes a tit out of herself each time she presents a programme. Mind you, she was quite feisty on that wrestling programme...

switz
Feb 21st, 2007, 10:29 PM
she has a nice voice :)

V's a star
Feb 21st, 2007, 10:53 PM
She is really awful i remember during the 04 french in a venus match she thought Serena was Oracene in the stands LMAO!!! i dont know how u cud mistake the 2

Dave.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
My favourites are John Lloyd, Sam Smith and Chris Bailey.

The worst are David Mercer:fiery: , Andrew Castle, and that man on eurosport who says 'gorgeous, simply amazing or stunning' after every good shot:mad:

Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:05 AM
^ Chris Bradnan? :rolls: :help: :spit:

Elldee
Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
Annabel introduced Justine Henin to the Dubai crowd this evening as Justine Henin-Hardenne.

Haha, she kept saying "henin-arrrr-has great variety"... I wished I'd seen that.

I like Sam Smith and Chris Bailey. They're the least ridiculously british. One time during a Davenport/Schnyder match Chris Bradnam said something like 'the stands must be miaowing in the stands because I think Schnyder's husband must be having kittens'. It's RIDICULOUS. I also don't really like Frew because he's insanely posh and says things like 'orf' and ripped into Lindsay at the french 2005 and hoped he didn't see her back there.

Lapin
Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
.... I also don't really like Frew because he's insanely posh and says things like 'orf'....

:lol: Lol, when he says 'orf' really bugs me too, but I thought it was because he was South African?! (Maybe I don't know the South African accent too well.... :confused: )

awt1
Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:18 AM
I prefer Jo Dury, but all sports commentators are annoying to some degree.

Viktymise
Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:38 AM
Jo Durie and Sam Smith are my faves, they are great a commentating. Liz Smylie at Wimbledon is pretty good too, she knows her stuff when it comes to womens. The commentators i hate are the ones that clearly know little about womens tennis and are just talking shit about the match they are watching and have probably only ever seen the top 10 women play :o

Viktymise
Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
I actually feel a bit sorry for The Croft after this thread now :lol: i can only ever 1 match where she was half decent, it was the Dementieva/Krasnoroutskaya v Venus/Serena at Wimbledon 03, i thought she was ok in that one, but it was probably more that the match was brilliant and a real great tennis memory of mine more than any great commentating on her behalf :p, she was with Andrew Castle that day too :o, he was actually ok that match aswell for once

Viktymise
Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
She was coaching the European team at the collins cup in 02 and i got to see her, she actually seemed nice :p

jrm
Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, you are right - she makes every match uninteresting when she opens her mouth!

hingis-seles
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Anabel Croft is kinda hot. Whenever I've attended Dubai, I've seen her walking on the grounds and here and there, and she was kinda hot to look at.

Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
to Amelie: "You picked up your game in the 3rd set. How did you do that?"

Erm...by playing better? :help: :shrug:

A_S
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Totally agree - she is crap! The only time Croft is any good is when Peter Fleming :worship: is on the sofa and the bitch can't get a word in edgeways.

anyhow i dont think she is too bad. it seems whoever they/bbc use people manage to pick holes in them. She does the job ok as far as i am concerned.

SeanyQ
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
I can't really rememberCroft's commentating so it can't be that bad. The commentators that stand out as the worst to me are:
Wally Masur (chauvenistic piece of shit!),
Betsy Nagelsen,
Jim Courier,
John McEnroe,
Wendy Turnbull,
Liz Smylie &
worst of all - John Barrett!!

SeanyQ
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
The Lady With 7 Tour Titles Was Sabine Applemans

The most beautiful player of all time!!

Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:57 PM
I can't really rememberCroft's commentating so it can't be that bad. The commentators that stand out as the worst to me are:
Wally Masur (chauvenistic piece of shit!),
Betsy Nagelsen,
Jim Courier,
John McEnroe,
Wendy Turnbull,
Liz Smylie &
worst of all - John Barrett!!

:speakles: Barrett & McEnroe rock! :rocker2: :p

jamatthews
Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Annabel: You used challenges out there today and were pretty successful with it, what do you think about the Hawkeye system?

Jelena: Actually I challenged twice in the 1st set and was never right...

The Dawntreader
Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:36 PM
Annabel: You used challenges out there today and were pretty successful with it, what do you think about the Hawkeye system?

Annabel is so mis-informed its cringe-worthy:rolleyes:

she also assumed Dushevina's coach was her mum:o

John.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Is Henin divorced???

If not she is still a Hardenne

Yes. But she has dropped the Hardenne from her name

Mina Vagante
Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:46 PM

Chris Bradnan (sp) - does he really have a wife and kids? :unsure: He takes way too big an interest into what all the women are wearing. :unsure:

haha chris is soo funny. he kept going on about serena's handbag i love it when he says 'fabulous' soo funny . no mats commentary is boring he talks in mono tone

V-MAC
Feb 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
David Mercer is very annoying indeed. I've said this before in another thread but his voice is almost unbearable to listen to. He NEEDS to clear hias throat before he speaks :mad: Also, what age is he now? Surely he has to be well into his late 70's.
Mats Wilander is good, I enjoyed his commentry at RG a lot last year :)

Declan
Feb 22nd, 2007, 04:47 PM

Thoughts?

Two things: Calling Justine 'Henin-Hardenne' is careless, but not a crime: she's been known as that for several years now, so it was just an oversight. Secondly, Annabel Croft was NOT ' a crap Brit bagel girl back in the day' -she peaked at No.22 in the rankings, which we would find unbelievable in these barren times -she'd be a national heroine!!

John.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 04:55 PM

:o :tape: :smash:

suffer well
Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
I like Annabel....she's so....jolly hockeysticks....

Meteor Shower
Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
lol this is the funniest thread ever! I'm almost dying here from laughing!
who is this Andrew Castle? never heard of him.. I guess he is not from eurosport?

John.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Andrew Castle is a former British tennis player who did very little, which is why you have never heard of him, who now co-presents a Breakfast TV show in the UK. Occasionally he pops up during BBC's tennis coverage to give his opinions and insights of the game :tape:

Wintermute
Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:53 PM
Andrew Castle is a former British tennis player who did very little, which is why you have never heard of him, who now co-presents a Breakfast TV show in the UK. Occasionally he pops up during BBC's tennis coverage to give his opinions and insights of the game :tape:

Andrew Castle just popped up on Channel 4 News talking about equal prize money at Wimbledon. Keep him away! :o

Escape
Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Andrew Castle should stick to Breakfast TV
Keep him away from Tennis

John.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
How could we forget John Inverdale, BBC's host of "Today At Wimbledon"

I really really wish they would get rid of him.

Hios knowledge of tennis, is almost as much as my knowledge of nuclear physics

jamatthews
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:04 PM

John Inverdale...:tape:

When I think of John Inverdale I think of Rob Brydon's Anually Retentive and the "titty bar" business. :spit: :haha:

LondonSteve
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:05 PM

Thoughts?

Get a life. Go out to a party. Who gives a toss what Annabel said - it was an easy mistake calling JJ JJH!

Vamos.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:10 PM

Oh God! I forgot about him, the guy with the frog face? That programme is soooo scripted. It makes for awful viewing, the type of show you don't mind watching on mute! He is absolutely awful.

I don't know how to describe Annabel. People shouldn't hate her but the best description of her presenting is awkward. She just kind of fires questions at whoever she is talking too, often making mistakes in the process, with a big cheesy grin on her face. Take the post-match interview with Jelena Jankovic today:

Croft was asking things like...we saw you challenge a few calls today out there, which you were really successful at...do you like the Hawk Eye system? (or words to that effect)

Jelena just kind of looked at her and said "Well I kept getting them all wrong in the first set"

And then she asked something like...you are playing really good out here this week, I suppose you like this surface?

And Jankovic was like well not really no, I have had some bad matches really and my first set was bad etc etc.

Basically saying that Croft's analysis in leading up to the question is wrong.:help: :help: :help:

Vamos.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
Get a life. Go out to a party. Who gives a toss what Annabel said - it was an easy mistake calling JJ JJH!

True. I don't think she should be criticsed too much for that. But at the same time it is perfectly reasonable to discuss Annabel's commentating having sat through 2 hours + of Eurosport viewing. Is it not?

Yes it is.

"Get a life. Go out to a party" a little petty, do you not think? I know you probably think you are all high and mighty but...you know, let people discuss what they like, it is a forum, that is what they are for. Yes?

!<blocparty>!
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Holy crap, she has a WEBSITE.

http://www.annabelcroft.com/Index1.swf

Annabel Croft Juggles being an energetic mother of three whilst maintaining her profile as one of the best known Sports peronalities on television today. :unsure: A former British tennis champion she developed a successful media career initially as the glamorous face of Channel 4's Treasure Hunt and ITV's Interceptor and in recent years has used her vast experience of the tennis circuit to contribute to a number of channel's coverage of the sport. :tape::tape:

2003 sees Annabel continue her integral role in the coverage of Wimbledon for the BBC, Radio 5 Live and GMTV.

Annabel retired from professional tennis at the age of twenty-one. Her charm and entertaining playing style had made her a great favourite with the crowds, both live at tennis events and on television and these attributes transferred naturally to the world of media. :unsure:

Immediately after her retirement, Annabel was sought out as the engergetic new face of Channel 4's prime time show Treasure Hunt. The success of the show and the strength of Annabel's profile lead to her own show on ITV in 1989, "Interceptor".

Annabel developed, and continues to enjoy, long term relationships with many of the leading broadcasters' tennis output, both as an anchor, tennis reporter and as an all round sports correspondant. She is also frequent guest on lifestyle shows such as The Matthew Wright Show, THe Entertainment Show, GMTV, Out and About and This Morning.

Annabel's multi-tiered marketing profile also means that she is in constant demand from the commerical sector where she fronts campaigns, is involved in advertorials, corporate videos and presentations as well as numerous personal appearances. She has successfully completed the New York marathon and remains committed to a fitness regime that has seen her look better than ever.

OMG. I am DYING here. :spit:

I wonder if Annabel herself wrote this. :tape:

John.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
:tape::tape::tape:

That is the biggest load of tosh I have ever read. I wonder how much she paid the author

LondonSteve
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
True. I don't think she should be criticsed too much for that. But at the same time it is perfectly reasonable to discuss Annabel's commentating having sat through 2 hours + of Eurosport viewing. Is it not?

Yes it is.

"Get a life. Go out to a party" a little petty, do you not think? I know you probably think you are all high and mighty but...you know, let people discuss what they like, it is a forum, that is what they are for. Yes?

Yes! But to start a thread, and one which says HATE?! So Annabel made a mistake?! Justine has been known as Henin-Hardenne for years! It's hard to suddenly stop calling her that! I call Evonne Goolagong Goolagong, not Gooalgaong-Cawley or whatever it is!

LondonSteve
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:21 PM

Annabel Croft Juggles being an energetic mother of three whilst maintaining her profile as one of the best known Sports peronalities on television today. :unsure: A former British tennis champion she developed a successful media career initially as the glamorous face of Channel 4's Treasure Hunt and ITV's Interceptor and in recent years has used her vast experience of the tennis circuit to contribute to a number of channel's coverage of the sport. :tape::tape:

2003 sees Annabel continue her integral role in the coverage of Wimbledon for the BBC, Radio 5 Live and GMTV.

Annabel retired from professional tennis at the age of twenty-one. Her charm and entertaining playing style had made her a great favourite with the crowds, both live at tennis events and on television and these attributes transferred naturally to the world of media. :unsure:

Immediately after her retirement, Annabel was sought out as the engergetic new face of Channel 4's prime time show Treasure Hunt. The success of the show and the strength of Annabel's profile lead to her own show on ITV in 1989, "Interceptor".

Annabel developed, and continues to enjoy, long term relationships with many of the leading broadcasters' tennis output, both as an anchor, tennis reporter and as an all round sports correspondant. She is also frequent guest on lifestyle shows such as The Matthew Wright Show, THe Entertainment Show, GMTV, Out and About and This Morning.

Annabel's multi-tiered marketing profile also means that she is in constant demand from the commerical sector where she fronts campaigns, is involved in advertorials, corporate videos and presentations as well as numerous personal appearances. She has successfully completed the New York marathon and remains committed to a fitness regime that has seen her look better than ever.

Me thinks you care too much. As I said before, get a life.

John.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Yes! But to start a thread, and one which says HATE?! So Annabel made a mistake?! Justine has been known as Henin-Hardenne for years! It's hard to suddenly stop calling her that! I call Evonne Goolagong Goolagong, not Gooalgaong-Cawley or whatever it is!

Yes, it's an easy mistake to make, for any normal person. But Annabel Croft makes so many, that she is an easy target for this kind of thread.

Also, the thread was originally called the "Why The F*** Is Annabel Croft Allowed to Commentate Thread" and was started during the YEC due to her absymal presenting skills throughout that week

!<blocparty>!
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:39 PM

This thread was made last year jackass. I changed the title after the J2J 'mistake'. Every commentator makes mistakes, they're just... not Croft-Awful.

Vamos.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:50 PM
Lol "Croft-awful"...I do agree that Annabel is embarassing, cringeworthy, awkward and so on and so forth. But worthy of hatred? No, she seems like a very nice lady.

Wayn77
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Annabel Croft? She's Lov-er-ly :drool: :kiss:

http://www.interceptors-lair.com/sitegfx/annar_r.jpg

Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
:scared: :scared:
£1000 says that Annabel will say tomorrow to whoever wins either match that "it's always great to see them play".

!<blocparty>!
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
So I'm guessing Annabel's "multi-tiered marketing profile" will ensure she'll be gracing our screens for many, many years. :sad:

LondonSteve
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
This thread was made last year jackass. I changed the title after the J2J 'mistake'. Every commentator makes mistakes, they're just... not Croft-Awful.

Sorry, but given I haven't been here a year I just thought it was today! I'm still confused why anyone would resurrect a year old post, or even diss Annabel.

But if this is a 1 year old post how come it's about Justine's name after she leaves her hubby? I'm prepared to be totally thick on this - but the math don't work out!

!<blocparty>!
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:40 PM
Sorry, but given I haven't been here a year I just thought it was today! I'm still confused why anyone would resurrect a year old post, or even diss Annabel.

But if this is a 1 year old post how come it's about Justine's name after she leaves her hubby? I'm prepared to be totally thick on this - but the math don't work out!

Because I edited the first post, Steve.

Are you actually Annabel Croft? :)

Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:40 PM
It's not a year old. It's three months old.
Even if you weren't here at the time the thread started, it says on the first page when it was written.

John.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:41 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

LondonSteve
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:47 PM

No, I'm Roger Federer trying to work out the wonders/horrors of WTAWORLD!

Mirka is calling so I gotta go, for a rub down and other things.

All i say is, I once nobbed Annabel, so leave her alone. She gave it good.

LondonSteve
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
:scared: :scared:
£1000 says that Annabel will say tomorrow to whoever wins either match that "it's always great to see them play".

Just cause you is hip don't make you happening. Hip was 70s? Ya?

John.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:50 PM

At least she was good at something. Perhaps it could be a new career path for her

Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:57 PM

Wow. That came out of nowhere.

tennismaster8820
Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:42 PM
I hate Annabel Croft, OMG she is so bad!
Anyone else would be better!

Viktymise
Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:02 PM

beecharmer
Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:35 PM
Haha, she kept saying "henin-arrrr-has great variety"... I wished I'd seen that.

I like Sam Smith and Chris Bailey. They're the least ridiculously british. One time during a Davenport/Schnyder match Chris Bradnam said something like 'the stands must be miaowing in the stands because I think Schnyder's husband must be having kittens'. It's RIDICULOUS. I also don't really like Frew because he's insanely posh and says things like 'orf' and ripped into Lindsay at the french 2005 and hoped he didn't see her back there.

So if Frew is common he should be listened to? The fact is you are xenophobic because it is a natural afflectation of the Afrikaans accent. Can u imagine if u said that about a person who was black? Frew wanted people to show up in Grand Slam events who wanted to be there - Davenport did not.

Hurley
Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:55 PM

Best thread I've read in a long time...good job by all :worship:

Apoleb
Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Is she the one with the kinda whispery sexy voice? She's OK, but then after watching ESPN and American commentators in general, all commentators become OK.

zvonarevarulz
Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
At least y'all don't have to deal with ted robinson talking about Golovins mini shorts all the time lol. Or that dude who was with Mary joe at Stanford and montreal

Viktymise
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Andrew Castle is the worst IMO, i remember he said Peer is one of the best shotmakers in the game a few weeks ago :tape:

Geertvg
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
Appelmans is commenting on eurosport? Wowza, she's doing a lot of commenting lately, regular on Belgian tele, plus she's now the fed cup coach of Belgium...

Vamos.
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:56 AM
It is funny when they put the captions underneath the ex-player in the box. For Peter Fleming, who looks rather like the BFG on that sofa, it says something like "8-time Grand Slam Champion", failing to mention they were all in doubles.

For Maggie it is like "once, some many moons ago, ranked 14th in the world"

For the almighty Sabine it is "7 shitty WTA Tour titles"

Eurosport just cannot get anyone good.

The Dawntreader
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
Andrew Castle is the worst IMO, i remember he said Peer is one of the best shotmakers in the game a few weeks ago :tape:

I know he's crap:tape:

He said after Serena's winin Oz. ' Venus is probably studying somewhere'

lolas
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
A German commentator about Kerber playing Doha qualies next week:
"She just won a challenger in Canada against Wozniak in the final (it was Lisicki) same Wozniak just lost her match in Memphis against Venus Williams in two tight sets (it was Wozniacki from Denmark). So you can see that Kerber must be playing quite well at the moment"
Weird logic and getting the facts wrong - incompetence

Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:00 PM
Andrew Castle is by far the worst though.
Then Arvind Palmer or whatever his name is & Annabel Croft.

Viktymise
Feb 23rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
I know he's crap:tape:

He said after Serena's winin Oz. ' Venus is probably studying somewhere'

I know :fiery: he and Sue Barker then said "Oh i don't think she'll be back" :rolleyes:

ECB043
Feb 23rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
I like Annabel Croft. She was a good british tennis player, and she seems to have very rational and fair comments about players. I hope she continues to do the job. Thanks Annabel.

Viktymise
Feb 23rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
Andrew Castle is by far the worst though.
Then Arvind Palmer or whatever his name is & Annabel Croft.

He Knows so little about womens tennis its not even funny :o

jimbo mack
Feb 23rd, 2007, 04:10 PM
annabel's commentating is so bad that it's quite comical lol

The Dawntreader
Feb 23rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
I just hate her rhetorical questions:rolleyes:

' Great backhand wasnt it?'

Its like she needs the reassurance, and she wouldnt be wrong:o

Mina Vagante
Feb 23rd, 2007, 04:17 PM

watchdogfish
Feb 23rd, 2007, 04:33 PM

Oh lord the man just makes you want to cringe every time he says something tennis related!! He really sounds like he doesn't have a clue :tape: :help:

LDF
Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:56 PM
I just hate her rhetorical questions:rolleyes:

' Great backhand wasnt it?'

Its like she needs the reassurance, and she wouldnt be wrong:o

Oh I know!

It seems like half of her comments end with 'isn't it?' or 'wasn't it?' or 'isn't she?', etc. :o

The Dawntreader
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:01 PM
Oh I know!

It seems like half of her comments end with 'isn't it?' or 'wasn't it?' or 'isn't she?', etc. :o

And she makes things up :haha:

When Kuznetsova missed a backhand, she said something like:

'She took her foot off the shot'

WTF?:rolleyes: :lol:

Apoleb
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
:haha: This thread is hilarious. I hope Annabel doesn't visit this site.

My favorite is Frew McMillan, the former umpire.

The Dawntreader
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:04 PM

My favorite is Frew McMillian, the former umpire.

I know, she'll be a mental wreck after reading this :haha:

She wont though, more's the pity:rolleyes: :lol:

Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
She doesn't understand tennis enough to know that it has a messageboard.

Vamos.
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
How harsh! Annabel is not as bad as you are making out...she is just embarassing. She is not absolutely stupid. Just quite stupid:)

Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:27 PM
How harsh! Annabel is not as bad as you are making out...she is just embarassing. She is not absolutely stupid. Just quite stupid:)

OK then we'll be nice and call her "quite stupid" and "embarassing". :tape:

Kart
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:29 PM

My favorite is Frew McMillan, the former umpire.

Frew McMillan is a former multiple grand slam winner !

Maybe you mean David Mercer ?

Both are great though.

Anabel Croft should go back to doing the Interceptor and give up on pretending she knows anything about tennis.

That said, I prefer her to Mark Petchey / Andrew Castle / John Barrett - all of whom should be threatened with violence to stop them commentating IMHO.

I want to see Barry Cowan on eurosport :hearts:.

LDF
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Anabel Croft should go back to doing the Interceptor and give up on pretending she knows anything about tennis.

That said, I prefer her to Mark Petchey / Andrew Castle / John Barrett - all of whom should be threatened with violence to stop them commentating IMHO.

I agree - Castle is useless when it comes to the women's game (and is just an awful commentator in general), and Petchey can't resisting bringing up Murray, no matter what match it is. :tape:

Apoleb
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Frew McMillan is a former multiple grand slam winner !

Maybe you mean David Mercer ?

Both are great though.

I always confuse the two. One of them is great and the other one annoys me, but I think I'm still talking about Frew. The other one comments on a lot of stuff other than tennis, especially figure skating.

Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:41 PM
Oh yeah, I hate Judy Murray aswell.

Vamos.
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
OK then we'll be nice and call her "quite stupid" and "embarassing". :tape:

Lol...I didn't suggest I was being nice to Annabel, she is quite stupid and is most certainly embarassing and laughable. But "hate"...uh.

Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Hate's a great word. :woohoo:

Vamos.
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:08 PM
Hate's a great word. :woohoo:

Kind of loses its poignancy when it is used on such an unremarkable person as Annabel Croft though...

Viktymise
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Why can't Jo Durie, Simon Reed, Sam Smith and Chris Bradnam do all the Eurosport commentary :sad:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Feb 24th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Why can't Jo Durie, Simon Reed, Sam Smith and Chris Bradnam do all the Eurosport commentary :sad:

sam smith??? shes shit-she gives the same views on players every match which are wrong half the time. for example-pennetta is a clay courter, yes that is correct, she then goes on to say how consistent she is and how she doesnt make any errors :confused: hello?!? if she was that bloody consistent she'd be top 10 already :rolleyes:
anyways-annabel croft is indeed annoying but i dont have to hear her this year-im travelling so no eurosport, i knew there was a bonus :p

nsquare
Feb 24th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Annabel Sucks

eck
Feb 25th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I like Jo Durie :hearts: Best commentator ever.

John Barett and Fred Stolle sound equally slutty and sleazy, but I think I'll give the prize to Freddy boy.

Oh, who's the commentator that Jo was with at the Madrid/New Haven and other matches? They both rock.

I don't get the Annabel hate though. She's not the only one who said Justine Henin-Hardenne this year. The male commentator who always works for ES and partners with Jo did it at Paris and no one made a big fuss :tape:

Wayn77
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I thought Annabel was terrific all week: perceptive, tactical insight and a nice touch of girlie Machievallian humour to boot. Her and John Barratt were an excellent commentary team for the final - well done my girl! I've got the hots for Annabel. :drool:

MLF
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I always confuse the two. One of them is great and the other one annoys me, but I think I'm still talking about Frew. The other one comments on a lot of stuff other than tennis, especially figure skating.

The one who commentates on both tennis and figure skating is actually Simon Reed. Frew McMillan is the former South African player, David Mercer is the former umpire who I find is getting increasingly stuffy. It was him commentating with Annabel Croft yesterday, not John Barratt as mentioned above.

Jo Durie's my fave.

Meteor Shower
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Jo Durie is the best :D

P.S We need a "Larry Scott" hate thread. :bounce:

baleineau
Feb 25th, 2007, 12:08 PM
i usually dislike annabel, but i thought she gave a good performance for the finals and semi-finals. she came across as mature, with humour, knowledge and said just about the right amount, speaking little and often.

the worst for me is chris bradnam. he really annoys me with his roars of excited laughter, especially when teamed up with jo durie.

david mercer is experienced but i've never really taken to him.

frew macmillan is smart. i like to listen to him, but he's mainly with SKY i think.

sam smith is good.

don't like the remainder of british commentators at all, andrew castle, john lloyd.

peter fleming is okay. jo durie is okay. i like virginia wade and ann jones.

David Barker
Feb 25th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Jo Durie no.1 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Absolutely, except when she is with Chris Bradnam, the man with the terrible laugh and 6 brain cells (being generous).

I thought Croft was very poor in Dubai although compared to David Mercer she was stunningly good.

Sam Smith is light years better than Croft.

Just watched Sky Ljubicic vs Youzhny and Bill Threlfall is terrible too. No insight, just drivel.....

Best of course is John McEnroe and Ginny Wade, esp together.

jamatthews
Feb 25th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Bill Threlfall is senile. He always says Set points for Break points, and Match points for Set points. He also kept referring to Czech Republic as Czechoslovakia during Davenport/Zakoplaova...:help:

eck
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Oh my. I just realised that the ES commentator during YEC was Sam Smith, not Jo Durie. Sorry Sam. :help: ;)
I like your commentating anyways!

jenny161185
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:38 PM
annabell is the worst by a mile!

jamatthews
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Bill Threlfall is senile. He always says Set points for Break points, and Match points for Set points. He also kept referring to Czech Republic as Czechoslovakia during Davenport/Zakoplaova...:help:

I feel bad now...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6428349.stm

R.I.P.

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I feel bad now...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6428349.stm

R.I.P.

:tape:

Mar 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
:awww: :sad: R.I.P. :hug: I quite liked him. He didn't make me wanna kill myself like some others. :sad:

John.
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:26 PM
R.I.P. Bill

Viktymise
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:13 PM
:sad: poor bill

Escape
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:04 PM
R.I.P Bill :sad: :sad:

He was one of the best commentators around :sad:

LDF
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:12 PM
RIP Bill :sad: :awww:

The Pro
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Barry Cowan - amusingly chubby. Impossible to judge his comments cos I just stare at his flapping gums.

Chris Bailey - likable but insipid. Perves over Nadal's muscles.

Sam Smith - pity she's had her sense of humour removed.

Peter Fleming - cool guy. Love his little frowns when asked a retarded question.

Andrew Castle - bit more suited to GMTV.

Croft - aint that bad.

Conor
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:08 PM
We want Sue Barker.

All hail SUE!!!!! She makes Wimbledon what it is!! :lol: How she can fill the 2 and half hour rain delays i'll never know (perhaps its down to those studio interviews she has with Sharapova... the same crap every year.... 'oh Maria you cant have champagne can you *chuckles to herself* your only 17! *another chuckle* :rolleyes: Then Maria in her painfully drab voice 'yeahhhhhhh *fake laugh*'.... cringing tv I must say.... does pass the time though!:) )

missclaret
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:53 PM
glad im not the only one who thinks this. annabel croft is rubbish. why do they keep asking her back all the time? her presenting skills are terrible and it just doesnt flow. and surely she must have known that its jusine henin now and not henin hardenne, how embarrassing.

sue barker is much better, sam smith is ok too, atleast she knows her stuff.

The Pro
Mar 10th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Ol Sue shouldn't be knocked. Wimbledon will be less when one day without her.

As for her interviews with Sharapova, or Andy Murray, or anyone. She brings them all down a peg, out there they are stars, but when they're being interviewed by her they turn into the kids they are and have a giggle with Aunt Sue. Except Roddick, who turns into prey...:eek:

Mar 10th, 2007, 09:59 PM
'oh Maria you cant have champagne can you *chuckles to herself* your only 17! *another chuckle* :rolleyes: Then Maria in her painfully drab voice 'yeahhhhhhh *fake laugh*'.... cringing tv I must say.... does pass the time though!:) )

:haha: :haha: :haha:

John.
Mar 12th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Chris Bradnam :o on Eurosport.

He just compared Bagel Bartoli to Monica Seles.

Other than the fact they hit with 2 hands on both sides, I don't see it myself.:tape:

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Annabel is back. Gracing our screens for two weeks with her French Open highlight show and studio 'discussions' in between matches.

She's already made three hideous gaffes. Discuss them all here, and HATE. :fiery:

V-MAC
May 29th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Annabel is back. Gracing our screens for two weeks with her French Open highlight show and studio 'discussions' in between matches.

She's already made three hideous gaffes. Discuss them all here, and HATE. :fiery:

:lol: Will do. Oh I forgot to mention her too obvious "I am reading from the autocue" face in the other thread.

Wayn77
May 29th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Annabel's a real sweetie!

http://www.kidsdaysout.co.uk/images/Annabelpancake.jpg :hearts: :kiss: :worship:

paul_masterton
May 29th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Annabel :worship: ;)

Sammm
May 29th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I was working in Next during the Christmas sales.
Annabel enters with her children desperately searching for bargains...I mean she was ferreting around like nobody's business. She shouted at her children a lot and made them take their trousers off to try on clothes in the store because the queue for the changing rooms was too long :tape:
She seemed a bit mean and stressed out that day....

Just some general context so that we can understand Annabel better. I have seem the woman in real life.

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Oh my God. How bad is this highlight show? :shudder:

Have they been given instructions from Eurosport to repeat everything at least twice throughout the show? We see a few random clips of matches then she goes and repeats them all again five minutes later. :lol:

Why are they showing totally random games? Do we really need to be watching the entire game? Why not just go through as many matches showing the break game or match points?

If Annabel asks anyone "Why do you think x player stuggles on the clay" ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to break something. :tape::mad:

jenny161185
May 29th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Ugh she drives me insane - and Chris Bradnam, his commentating is do over the top and irritating he just wont shut up!

Annabels hilarious didnt she quit tennis at 20 cos she was terrible and now shes returned to use the sport to make a living!

Also does anyone know Barry Cowan from Sky Sports commentary!?

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2007, 10:28 PM
"Why do you think Roddick struggles on the clay Peter?"

"Why do you think Henman struggles on the clay, Greg?"

"Why do you think Blake stuggles on the clay, Peter?"

"Why do you think Maria Sharapova stuggles on the clay, Greg?"

She also managed to mix up Venus with Serena and tell us Nalbandian is already in the semi-finals. :yeah:

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I just died once again reading her bio on annabelcroft.com.

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

:help:

jdyshrky
May 29th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Oh Barry Cowan is hilarious...he can't think and talk at the same time, there is a noticeable pause.

I love Chris Bradnam, its that plonker Chris Bailey who is utterly useless, arrogant twat. I love David Mercer and Frew McMillan but think he might be dead. On bbc they have Sam Smith who is excellent but she has extreme crushes on players, like say, er, Amelie, Sam Stosur, and anyone who can volley. She gets all giddy. But she does have a sense of humour though which is great. And how can we forget the legendary Jo Durie, she is one of my favs.

Leave Annabel alone, she's clueless like but she's pretty. She reminds me of Jerry Hall when she tried presenting...

Thanx4nothin
May 29th, 2007, 10:40 PM

Shes so utterly incompetent....why is she there didn't she call richard Gasquet Kevin or something last year...:fiery:

raquel
May 29th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I love Chris Bradnam, its that plonker Chris Bailey who is utterly useless, arrogant twat. I love David Mercer and Frew McMillan but think he might be dead. Bill Threlfall has died. Frew's still alive ;)

Chris Bailey's emigrated with his family to Australia. I doubt he'll be doing any British TV again. We can hope at least! He's been replaced on Sky and I don't see him coming back for the BBC at Wimbledon.

Annabel's getting worse with even just basic things, like saying Ljubicic has had a great run in to RG during the clay court season :tape:

Zweli
May 29th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Don't like her either.

jenny161185
May 29th, 2007, 10:58 PM
:tape: :tape: :help: :tape: :help: I just died once again reading her bio on annabelcroft.com.

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

:help:

I'm drinking a pint of water here and when I read that post I spat it out laughing absolutely hilarious!!!! And she HAS to have written that herself!!! Ive been doing exams so havent been watching the RG coverage too much but will be glued tomorrow night!!!:help: :help: :tape: :help:

jdyshrky
May 29th, 2007, 11:01 PM
WHOOPS, sorry about saying Frew McMillan was dead...I can see I caused an uproar..lol

Does Annabel remind anyone of Karen from Meangirls?

Groenefelder25
May 29th, 2007, 11:07 PM
im surprised we *havent* heard comments like

"peter, isnt is a disgrace that andy murray isnt playing RG. How incredibly lazy. This surely must mean the end for him"

sammy01
May 29th, 2007, 11:09 PM
she is a cotton bud but with more fluff she is a waste of space!

May 30th, 2007, 02:57 PM
The woman on Game, Set & Mats. :hearts:
Her charisma, her pronunciation, her tennis knowledge, her chemistry with Mats...:worship: Give that woman a promotion. :bowdown:

vertigo
May 30th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I no longer have Eurosport so I'm missing all these classics....

Love the comment earlier about Sam Smith and her multiple crushes. She sure loves a bit of Amelie and Sam. Although today she rather surprised me by going all funny over Moya.

Thanx4nothin
May 30th, 2007, 10:36 PM
It's so pathetic that someone bad repped me in an annabel hate thread for simply hating on her lol pathetic!

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 10:41 PM
That women is Game, Set an Mats is awful. I don't know if she's trying to help beginners of Tennis, or if she actually doesn't know anything about tennis.

"I noticed Justine only plays with one hand and Serena plays with two on the backhand, is there an advantage"

Demska
May 30th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Best commentators = Chris Bradnam + Jo Durie.

Conor
May 30th, 2007, 11:16 PM
She is bad... VERY bad actually :lol: but a 'hate' thread? :rolleyes: The worst one ive seen last was last year when she forgot the name of the Suzanne Lenglen court :lol:

tennismaster8820
May 30th, 2007, 11:56 PM
That women is Game, Set an Mats is awful. I don't know if she's trying to help beginners of Tennis, or if she actually doesn't know anything about tennis.

"I noticed Justine only plays with one hand and Serena plays with two on the backhand, is there an advantage"

Yes, she realy doesn't know much about tennis, but we can forgive her 'cause she's lovely!;)
Mats can't stop smiling in her company!

LDF
May 31st, 2007, 08:49 AM
Wow, the woman on Game, Set and Mats managed to hit a serve at 59 km/h :eek: :worship: :tape:

RayRob
May 31st, 2007, 10:35 AM
I'm glad this thread was bumped because I'd heard all about it but not seen it.

I think I should put Eurocrap on just to see Annabel's blunder and this woman on Game, Set and Mats.

Croft annoys me a lot. I used to watch Treasure Hunt as a child and she did my head in even then....although she was better at it because she didn't really have to say much and the contestants had to do the research and the intellectual parts.

It really does my head in the way she says someones name at the end of every sentence when she talks to them...and the whole not getting her facts right. It's so annoying. Barry Cowen is about as exciting as watching paint dry and Mark Petchy is about as much use as a fart in a bottle.

What's the deal with ACE mag replacing Sam Smith's ever entertaining monthly articles with Petchy's bland crap?!

Sam Smith rules. She knows what she's talking about.

Demska
May 31st, 2007, 10:30 PM
She couldnt pronounce "Mens results" today. And did a bit on genius work by correcting the results by eurosport that said Serena won 62 64 agaisnt Milagros!

IMPOSSIBLE
May 31st, 2007, 10:41 PM
she retired at 21 :o

sammy01
May 31st, 2007, 10:47 PM
oh and am i the only one that wants to brush her friggin hair its a mess! it looks like she hasn't washed it in months!

Max565
May 31st, 2007, 11:19 PM
Is she that bad ? I don't have Eurosport so I haven't seen her that much... but she is the reporter during Wimbledon on GMTV... :help:

My favs have to be Sam Smith, she's hilarious at times and is very knowlegable. Jo Durie, I like too. But sometimes I can't tell Sam Smith's and Jo Durie's voices apart. John Barrett was great too.

sammy01
May 31st, 2007, 11:26 PM
Is she that bad ? I don't have Eurosport so I haven't seen her that much... but she is the reporter during Wimbledon on GMTV... :help:

My favs have to be Sam Smith, she's hilarious at times and is very knowlegable. Jo Durie, I like too. But sometimes I can't tell Sam Smith's and Jo Durie's voices apart. John Barrett was great too.

:lol: i'v got sam and jo mixed up before! pam shrivers great too! mats wilander is just shit i cant stand him what a twat sorry bout the language! :o

Sha_ra_po_va
Jun 1st, 2007, 12:06 AM
I think everyone's being so mean to poor anabel! personally, i love jo durie and sam smith, but i do think anabel has some good contributions and peter phlegming is sooo mean to her! rude!:mad:

Slutiana
Jun 1st, 2007, 12:29 PM
:lol: i'v got sam and jo mixed up before! pam shrivers great too! mats wilander is just shit i cant stand him what a twat sorry bout the language! :o

:lol: just the other day one was on ES nd the other on BBCi and i was like wtf how can Sam be on both at the same time with a different man on each one:help:

Demska
Jun 1st, 2007, 12:30 PM
I think everyone's being so mean to poor anabel! personally, i love jo durie and sam smith, but i do think anabel has some good contributions and peter phlegming is sooo mean to her! rude!:mad:

Fleming.

jamatthews
Jun 1st, 2007, 01:35 PM
I know people have slagged off Chris Bailey (and I probably have too) but Marcus Buckland makes me wish he was back. :eek: :help:

LDF
Jun 17th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Andrew Castle today: 'I think that the fastest women's serve was 124mph by Serena Williams.'

He really knows his stuff :o

Ugh, I just hate his commentary.

swissmr
Jun 17th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Andrew Castle today: 'I think that the fastest women's serve was 124mph by Serena Williams.'

He really knows his stuff :o

Ugh, I just hate his commentary.

I was just about to add some Andrew Castle hate to this thread :lol: He really doesn't know anything about tennis and yet he talks in this extremely smug tone :mad:

eck
Jun 17th, 2007, 02:45 PM
She's not too bad compared to Aussie commentators.
Kerryn Pratt/Wally Masur: "Francisco Gonzalez",
Fred Stolle: "This is second round action with defending champion Justine Henin vs Elena Vesnina of Russia . Vesnina is 20 years old." (It would have been right if this was first round....:o)
At the start of the tournament, it was called "Justine Henin-Hardenne", but at least they stopped towards the end...

jamatthews
Jun 17th, 2007, 02:51 PM
A bit of Andrew Castle bashing? You don't have to ask me twice. :devil:

Viktymise
Jun 17th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Andrew Castle is the worst hands down :o