PDA

View Full Version : Does the Madrid court seem Lightning fast?

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I'm watching the YEC matches and I keep thinking how doggone fast the court seems. Maria and Elena are just slamming the ball and they are lucky if it doesn't get knocked out by how hard the two are hitting.

Somebody in another thread said it's the balls bouncing higher but that doesn't seem to be what I am seeing.

Any thoughts?

Stamp Paid
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:17 PM
I think its the camera angle moreso than the courts. Are you watching it on versus too?

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I think its the camera angle moreso than the courts. Are you watching it on versus too?

Yeah I am the ball just seems to be bolting across the court to me. But perhaps you are right about the camera angles.

vogus
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
i think it's hard to judge the speed of the court bounce from television. I'm sure we can expect some comments from the players later tonight if in fact the surface is unusually fast.

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:54 PM
i think it's hard to judge the speed of the court bounce from television. I'm sure we can expect some comments from the players later tonight if in fact the surface is unusually fast.

Perhaps. Watching Justine hammer the ball against Martina still makes me think the surface is playing faster than normal indoor courts.