PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Gaby on Eurosport

Jenny.C.Fan
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Anyone see the interview with Gabriela Sabitini, on eurosport, they showed the first part today and their showing the 2nd part tomorrow at 4.30pm, it was excellent, and great to see and hear from Gaby again.

Joey_82
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:43 PM
:mad: missed it
:sad: :sad: :sad:

I'll be sure to catch it tomorrow.
how was she? what did she talk about? :confused:

kundalini
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:01 PM
It was interesting about all the comments regarding her retirement at 26 - I mean she's been playing professionally for over 10 years and probably been focusing on tennis for 20 so that's a long time. Not everyone is Martina Navratilova. Personally I'm not surprised Sabatini was exhausted and fed up with the sport.

Bit harsh of them to remind her of the Mary-Joe match.

She talked about her US Open title - attacking the net in the semis when she was behind then using the same strategy in the final against Steffi because she was tired.

Pleased to reach the Wimbledon final rather than disappointed she didn't win.

Joey_82
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:09 PM
It was interesting about all the comments regarding her retirement at 26 - I mean she's been playing professionally for over 10 years and probably been focusing on tennis for 20 so that's a long time. Not everyone is Martina Navratilova. Personally I'm not surprised Sabatini was exhausted and fed up with the sport.

Bit harsh of them to remind her of the Mary-Joe match.

She talked about her US Open title - attacking the net in the semis when she was behind then using the same strategy in the final against Steffi because she was tired.

Pleased to reach the Wimbledon final rather than disappointed she didn't win.

God I sure miss her. :sad:

johnoo
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Anyone see the interview with Gabriela Sabitini, on eurosport, they showed the first part today and their showing the 2nd part tomorrow at 4.30pm, it was excellent, and great to see and hear from Gaby again.

it was a very cool interview can't wait to see tomorrows,gaby seems a really interesting person what a pity she's not playing now cause we could do with someone like her around.

Mark Spruce
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:07 AM
I hope there might be a link to download the video

Joey_82
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I hope there might be a link to download the video

I hope so. :)

Kunal
Nov 8th, 2006, 09:36 AM
havent heard her in ages...forgotten what she sounds like

John.
Nov 8th, 2006, 11:13 AM
It was great to hear from her. I miss her loads.

Agree with bringing up the Mary Jo match. You could see in her eyes that it still haunts her a bit.

MLF
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:16 PM
She was looking great ( as ever ) and it was interesting to hear from her. Interesting that she thought she was a set and a break down against Fernandez at the US Open semi in 1990 - she won that match 7-5 5-7 6-3. Players obviously pay less attention to their results than us internet nerds ;)

Joey_82
Nov 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Time change thing got me all confused, anyone see it?

Joey_82
Nov 10th, 2006, 10:45 AM
No video? :sad: