View Full Version : 10K Ismaning 1R: (7) Jelena Dokic def. Danielle Harmsen

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Dokic won 6-3 4-6 6-4

Thanks to MaretBellyButton for calling for the result! :hug:
AJDE JECA!!!! KEEP GOING NOW!!!! :bounce: :woohoo: :rocker2:

Paul.
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:05 PM
she is seeded? can qualifiers be seeded?

congrats :D:yeah:

GoDominique
Congrats!

Did you call? :p

WhatTheDeuce
she is seeded? can qualifiers be seeded?
Yes they can, and she is. ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:06 PM
MaretBellyButton did. :)

powerbackhand
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:07 PM
why didnt they tell the score?

well done jelena :) excellent

King Aaron
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Well done Jelena. :unsure: :yeah: :yeah: :D

Paul.
Yes they can, and she is. ;)

cool :dance:

i dont think ive ever seen that happen before :shrug:

anyway good luck in the next round miss dokic :)

Tennace
JELENA!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :yeah: :worship:

Congrats! Good Luck in Round 2 :yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
why didnt they tell the score?
The person on the phone didnt know, they just knew Jelena won.

vutt
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Congrats!

You are to polite today! What's up? Feeling sick or something? :p

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:10 PM
She must of Struggled :unsure: :tape: .. But i guess a win is a win... Keep on doing that Jelena!

Muffin the Mule
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Well it took around an hour, so the score must be pretty good!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
When did her match start exactly? :shrug:

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
The Match started at 11 and we only got the score like 10 mins ago so it almost took 2 hrs

tigermoth6284
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
good job girl! keep it up! :)

squig2k
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:15 PM
great, keep going

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
The Match started at 11 and we only got the score like 10 mins ago so it almost took 2 hrs
:unsure: Whatever, a win's a win. She obviously lacks match practice. Hopefully the score won't be too freakish.

JackFrost
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:26 PM
The person on the phone didnt know, they just knew Jelena won.

What a lousy organisation, if even the people who works at the information don´t know whats happening there.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:27 PM
What a lousy organisation, if even the people who works at the information don´t know whats happening there.
It's a 10K, its not like they have a live scores page going in front of them. :shrug:

FERLKE
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Good win Jelena

score was 6-3 4-6 6-4

Highlandman
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Dokic 6-3,4-6,6-4:kiss: :hearts:

Very close, but win is win:angel:

FERLKE
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:30 PM
now vs Hofmanova:scared:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Good win Jelena

score was 6-3 4-6 6-4
Whoa, close one... :scared:

:inlove:
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Danielle. :( :sad: :hug:
Well done Jeca.

Highlandman
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:32 PM
It was not a good perfomance, but I'm happy that she is in the next round.

JackFrost
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:33 PM
It's a 10K, its not like they have a live scores page going in front of them. :shrug:

Nobody can give the guys at the phone a piece of paper with the results, when they are finished? :confused:

powerbackhand
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:34 PM
whats hoffmanova like? is she good? that name seems oddly familiar. At least she might take a good thing in the fact she won a 3setter which has being struggling with recently

Kim's_fan_4ever
Well done Jelena :D

jimbo mack
wow, wasn't expecting her to struggle, but the main thing is that she won

Wintermute
:clap2:

Sounds like it was a little tough. Good luck for next round. Could be tougher.

:inlove:
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I am not sure she will get past Nikki. She is a talented player.

JackFrost
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Good win Jelena

score was 6-3 4-6 6-4

Good win looks different. :rolleyes:
But, well...I´m already glad, she is fighting. :help:
Good luck next round.

Ballbasher
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Nice to see her fightin now she has a day off where she can recover :D

tigermoth6284
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
yes the day off should benefit her as she has been away from the court for so long

MistyGrey
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:48 PM
:woohoo:
Win this thing J-Do! :rocker:

FrOzon
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:50 PM

It's a 10k tournament. I know from another one which is organized by an ordinary tennis club. Members are working more than one week "for free", taking their holidays..

xXSarajevoXx
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Jelena ;)

DokicForever
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Well done Jela keep it up girl!!

Just Do It
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Who is she playing next...tell us something about that girl !!!

GOOD LUCK JELLY BABY :drive:

Highlandman
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Who is she playing next...tell us something about that girl !!!

GOOD LUCK JELLY BABY :drive:

Nikola Hofmanova. She is a talent from Austria;)

Just Do It
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah she is 15 years old and she is unranked...JD should win this match :shrug:

Ballbasher
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:27 PM
People it would be the normal case that Hofmanova wins but she could get injured and many things can happen :rolleyes:

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM
:unsure: Whatever, a win's a win. She obviously lacks match practice. Hopefully the score won't be too freakish.

And that's the point. A player that is coming back after whatever hardships need to play these types of matches.

It's probably only puzzling because we are not talking about a Challenger player that might have been injured for awhile but Jelena Dokic.

I don't know, I really think she will finally start connecting again. It's been all in her head the past several years and I hope she is working hard on getting that concentration back.

Just Do It
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Hofmanova could get injured....i dont get it :confused:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Hofmanova plays against someone tomorrow, and the winner of that match will play Dokic on Thursday. So, Jelena has a day off, and might notm even play the young German girl anyway.

VIVA JELENA!!!!

Paule22
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Nobody can give the guys at the phone a piece of paper with the results, when they are finished? :confused:

There are no "guys at the phone" at a 10K. There are some people from the club watching a match and they are going to the telephone if someone is calling.You have to think about a supermarket, where the boss knows who works at the check-out but does not know the customer.

Highlandman
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Hofmanova plays against someone tomorrow, and the winner of that match will play Dokic on Thursday. So, Jelena has a day off, and might notm even play the young German girl anyway.

VIVA JELENA!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rrfnpump
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Harmsen is an ok player, good test for Jelena... still the scoreline is a bit scary :unsure:

on 10k level the girls fight for points so hard, it wont be easy for her, there are good players in the draw. Still good luck :)

~Eclipsed~
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:33 PM
strange pattern so far for Jelena. She had a bit of a struggle with her first match before her opponent retired, double bagels, her next opponent, and now another struggle. Is another double bagel in order for her next round opponent? :)

Erika_Angel
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Good win for Jelena. Tough or not, it speaks volumes that Jelena didn't choke it away at a crucial point in the third set (she might've led 5-0 or something lol but at least she ended up winning).

And yeh, everyone is talking about how Jelena will play Niki next, but the poor girl hasn't even stepped out on court yet. Let's see the result of that match first ;) Either way Jelena will no doubt be on court tomorrow with whoever is at the event with her scouting out her next opponent.

Havok
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Viva Jeca :woohoo::woohoo:. 3 sets but right now she just needs wins. The more she'll win (especially these tough matches) her confidence will grow and she'll get better. Ajde Jeca all the way :hearts:.

Just Do It
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:38 PM
How many points Jelena earned so far and how many will she earn if she take the title ?

Erika_Angel
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:40 PM
How many points Jelena earned so far and how many will she earn if she take the title ?

It isn't a lot but who cares, this event isn't for rankings it is for confidence.

FERLKE
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM
1.75:) :o

Paule22
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:45 PM

10K:

Winner: 6
Runner Up: 4
SF: 2
QF: 1.5
R16: 1
QLFR: 0,75

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Yes, she's definitely not playing this event for the ranking points. :o

JackFrost
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:54 PM
10K:

Winner: 6
Runner Up: 4
SF: 2
QF: 1.5
R16: 1
QLFR: 0,75

So if she wins this tournament, she will be around 550 in the ranking.
If she loses in the quaterfinal around 600.

Dani12
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Well done Jelena! Keep it going :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Well Done Jelena

Ben.
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Congrats Jelena. Keep it going :worship:

Erika_Angel
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:12 PM
She apparently (from someone who watched the webcam) served the match out too, which is pretty good considering her nerves and how she tends to DF a lot. The fact she managed to go out there serving for the match and win the game (& match), is a positive. Hopefully this match gives her more confidence.

©@®eLess
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:15 PM
well Hofmanova is gonna be a real test. Good luck to her. Needs to step it up if she wants to pass Niki

Paule22
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:21 PM
It might seem as these little points are not important, but you need them to get into 10K or not so popular 25K qualies.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM
It might seem as these little points are not important, but you need them to get into 10K or not so popular 25K qualies.
Jelena can get any WC's she wants into MD's and Q's of these low level ITF events though, so it really isnt that important when you think about it.

Lucifer
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:05 PM
:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: GO!!! GO!!! GO!!! :hearts::hearts::hearts: JELENA DOKIC!!!:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Paule22
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Jelena can get any WC's she wants into MD's and Q's of these low level ITF events though, so it really isnt that important when you think about it.

Thats what I thought about as well, but I meant it more in general for the people who think that 10K are completely unecessary in contrast to WTA tourneys.

And I think although Dokic is still very popular, 6 points are 6 points, just for a seeding.

kittyking
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Looks like a very close scoreline

Erika_Angel
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Looks like a very close scoreline

Wow, what an observation.

kittyking
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:50 PM

I agree, although isnt there some rule which means they can only accept a certain number of Wildcards per season (6 maybe:confused: )

Derek.
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Jelena! :D :tape: :woohoo:

Keep improving! :hug:

Rtael
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Wow, what an observation.

Wow, what a douche.

hdfb
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:04 AM
A bit too close for comfort....... but she won, so I guess that's what matters.

I hope she steps it up a bit more.

Erika_Angel
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Wow, what a douche.

Wow, what an obsessed hater.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:41 AM
that is good but a bad scoreline

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:44 AM
:worship: Gotta respect Jelena for going as far down as you can go ( Qualies of a 10K ) and working her way up :D That takes allot of guts :yeah:

-jenks-
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Jelena!! :D

aussie_stars
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Good luck in the next round Jelena :D

Mark Spruce
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:04 AM
You are so right

:worship: Gotta respect Jelena for going as far down as you can go ( Qualies of a 10K ) and working her way up :D That takes allot of guts :yeah:

AK-DH Fan
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Keep going jelena!!!! Good win

hdfb
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:39 AM
I previously said I wasn't too content with the result, but then I realised that this match shows Jelena didn't tank. Usually after losing the 2nd set, Jelena sometimes tanks away the 3rd, but she stuck in there, held her ground, and won a close 3rd set. Hats off to you, Jelena.

gocanadago
Nov 8th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Good job Jelena!

Vincey!
Nov 8th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Weel done Jelena :yeah:

Rtael
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Wow, what an obsessed hater.

What are you talking about? I like Jelena.

rada
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:17 AM
yeah i also think this is good for jelena she knows how to play just doesn't know how to win or that good feeling off winning this will help her a lot :)

Good luck jelena

Jeff
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I previously said I wasn't too content with the result, but then I realised that this match shows Jelena didn't tank. Usually after losing the 2nd set, Jelena sometimes tanks away the 3rd, but she stuck in there, held her ground, and won a close 3rd set. Hats off to you, Jelena.

Good point

SM
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:46 AM
yeah go jelena

Erika_Angel
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:55 AM
What are you talking about? I like Jelena.

You're last couple of posts on Jelena have hardly been supportive.

"Two matches in a row...that's something I guess."

"Hmm...I don't know about losing weight exactly but Jelena's legs have no definition at all...they just look very flabby."

No "congrats Jelena" or "Good job" ... what a great fan :)

Rtael
Nov 8th, 2006, 06:33 AM
You're last couple of posts on Jelena have hardly been supportive.

"Two matches in a row...that's something I guess."

"Hmm...I don't know about losing weight exactly but Jelena's legs have no definition at all...they just look very flabby."

No "congrats Jelena" or "Good job" ... what a great fan :)

I was being honest. Two wins in a row IS good for Jelena considering she hasn't played in months. And her legs did look flabby in that picture...again that's just the truth. I do like Jelena I'm just not getting my hopes back up again so soon. And for you to call me an "obsessive hater" because of two posts is absolutely ridiculous.

Erika_Angel
Nov 8th, 2006, 06:36 AM
I was being honest. Two wins in a row IS good for Jelena considering she hasn't played in months. And her legs did look flabby in that picture...again that's just the truth. I do like Jelena I'm just not getting my hopes back up again so soon. And for you to call me an "obsessive hater" because of two posts is absolutely ridiculous.

I was unaware that you were a 'fan' ... you seemed to be ragging on Jelena. It isn't like you've posted congratulations to Jelena or support after her last few wins (3 in a row now). Usually that is what fans do.

hdfb
Nov 8th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Just because you don't constantly praise a player doesn't mean you aren't their fan. I am overly joyous that she is winning, but you can't deny that she isn't in her best shape, and it IS a 10k afterall, even if Jelena is starting from scratch (again).

There must be times when you yourself were annoyed or fed up with your favourites decisions or happenings. I know I was when Jelena left Australia.

Erika_Angel
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Just because you don't constantly praise a player doesn't mean you aren't their fan. I am overly joyous that she is winning, but you can't deny that she isn't in her best shape, and it IS a 10k afterall, even if Jelena is starting from scratch (again).

There must be times when you yourself were annoyed or fed up with your favourites decisions or happenings. I know I was when Jelena left Australia.

I never said you have to constantly praise them. But a fan is more likely to congratulate Jelena on a 6-0 6-0 win rather than saying "well, two wins is good ... I guess" or wateva it was. Doesn't sound like something a fan would say, so how was I meant to know s/he was a Jelena fan. S/he certainly didn't show it.

Kunal
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:08 AM
keep it up

Привет
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Nice win Jelena! I agree with whoever said about this being a good result for Jelena, she came back and won the third set relatively easily so I think this is a good result and good signs for her next matches. Nikola Hofmannova is only a junior, I don't follow her but she hasn't been doing too much on the ITF's lately has she ?? :confused: Anyway Jelena will need to step it up regardless who she plays, GO JELENA!!! :kiss:

Привет
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I never said you have to constantly praise them. But a fan is more likely to congratulate Jelena on a 6-0 6-0 win rather than saying "well, two wins is good ... I guess" or wateva it was. Doesn't sound like something a fan would say, so how was I meant to know s/he was a Jelena fan. S/he certainly didn't show it.
Obviously just a misunderstanding, let's just keep supporting Jelena in each of our individual ways :wavey: :D

Ben.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Yeah, looks like there r some good signs 4 jelena so far with the way she is playin. but this is a great result 4 her & no matter what happens if she loses she'll only keep improving with every match she plays. so if she wins the tourney it'll be a bonus :)

but she needs 2 step it up in her next matches. cannot stress this enough ppl.

ioni
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:18 AM
jelena :yeah:

So Disrespectful
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Good Jelena. I'd expect her to run out of steam in one of her next two matches, but then again, these players do suck. :)