PDA

View Full Version : Allison Lang - she sucks.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:15 PM
:rolleyes:

azmad_88
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:24 PM
thank God the challenge system is implemented...\

that was 2 points in a row

Justine Fan
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Bad line calling already :rolleyes:

That last shot by Amelie that was called out, was shown as being in on TV. Amelie didn't challenge it, so she lost it! That would have given her an advantage point and may have broken back! :sad:

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:28 PM
If she had overruled the other player would have challenged and if she was wrong you lot would attack her. The challenge system is there for the player to use - so use it!!!!!

Alison lang is a great umpire imo

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM
thank God the challenge system is implemented...\

that was 2 points in a row
I think it has mainly been implemented to save costs for teaching umpires so that they can put brainless robots into the chair. :o

Craigy
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:31 PM
You'll complain about anything anyway :lol:

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:31 PM
If she had overruled the other player would have challenged and if she was wrong you lot would attack her. The challenge system is there for the player to use - so use it!!!!!

Alison lang is a great umpire imo
She's not.

You don't get it - if she overrules it's up to Amelie to challenge. And if Amelie challenges, she's wrong and loses a challenge.
So not overruling is a clear disadvantage for Nadia because it doesn't give Amelie the chance to make the wrong decision.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM
You'll complain about anything anyway :lol:
And you'll contribute nothing valuable to the discussion as usual :lol:

Pengwin
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Nadia is good in that she likes challenging. People like Amelie rarely challenge even if she is clearly right. It is still an unfair system.

Craigy
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:34 PM
And you'll contribute nothing valuable to the discussion as usual :lol:

I do, just not here because this thread isn't worthy of anything valuble.
Anyway, Alison is actually a very good upmire, we all make mistakes :rolleyes:

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I do, just not here because this thread isn't worthy of anything valuble.
Anyway, Alison is actually a very good upmire, we all make mistakes :rolleyes:
Then please tell, oh smart one, why exactly is Allison Lang a very good "upmire"?

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Allison 0/4 now. OMG she's so great in umpiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Craigy
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Then please tell, oh smart one, why exactly is Allison Lang a very good "upmire"?

You can't judge her from just one match. And she's highly talked of around the tennis world...

Jogi
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Two clear aces but she can't open her mouth. Make her umpire 10K matches. :weirdo:

get UR ass on the chair if can do it better :o :rolleyes:

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:46 PM
The Jogi dumbass from MTF, I assume?

Hi. :)

I don't claim to be able to do better. However, I don't claim to be a chair umpire either.

MisterMan
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Amelie = getting ass whooping=Not the fault of a bad call.

tenn_ace
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:49 PM
then what do you claim?

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM
then what do you claim?
That Allison Lang is not a good umpire. :)

Carsten
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:52 PM

exactly...
Sometimes it's really not that easy, and if the players think it's wrong they can take the challenge,,,

Umpires are human, human make mistakes.... and for sure it's not for bad faith :o

Jogi
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:53 PM
The Jogi dumbass from MTF, I assume?

:confused:
no, i guess not

Carsten
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:54 PM
:confused:
no, i guess not

nein noch schlimmer, du bist sogar der jogi von Sport1, sags ihm bloß nicht :lol: ;)

Jogi
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM
nein noch schlimmer, du bist sogar der jogi von Sport1, sags ihm bloß nicht :lol: ;)

IHM :confused:
oh, dachte jetz immer GoDominique sei so n kleines, möchtegern-rebellisches mädchen, dominique is doch n mädchenname :)
sport1 :o *g*

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:02 PM
oh, dachte jetz immer GoDominique sei so n kleines, möchtegern-rebellisches mädchen, dominique is doch n mädchenname :)
1. Falsch.
2. So heiße ich aber trotzdem nicht.

Sport1 - tja das erklärt wohl alles. :o

Joana
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Umpires are human, human make mistakes....

People were singing a different tune two years ago at the US Open.
Umpires are there for a reason. If this keeps up they may as well replace them with robots who just call the score.

Carsten
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:05 PM

kommt glaub ich von Dominique van Roost ;)

siehst du, er hat dich schon durchschaut da du von S1 bist :p :devil:

Carsten
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:08 PM
People were singing a different tune two years ago at the US Open.
Umpires are there for a reason. If this keeps up they may as well replace them with robots who just call the score.

doesn't matter what "people" say... It's a fact that nobody is able to see all the balls without making a mistake... And mostly it's still fair because the one gets as many bad calls as the other over a match....

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:11 PM
doesn't matter what "people" say... It's a fact that nobody is able to see all the balls without making a mistake... And mostly it's still fair because the one gets as many bad calls as the other over a match....
No one is disputing that.
But there are umpires who will not overrule = they won't even attempt not to make mistakes, because sometimes overrules are necessary.
As Joana said, if you cancel overrules altogether umpires are no longer needed.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I don't care, but she's better than Lynn Welch.

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:19 PM
And another one. 0/5.

Carsten
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:23 PM
No one is disputing that.
But there are umpires who will not overrule = they won't even attempt not to make mistakes, because sometimes overrules are necessary.
As Joana said, if you cancel overrules altogether umpires are no longer needed.

Possibly some umpires could do it more often, okay... but there's no need to attack them that hardly....

And especially if the players have the chance to take the challenge, there's absolutely no reason to be too offensive with overruling from the umpires...

Helen Lawson
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Lynn Welch seems to have it out for Justine. I mean, once, Justine was trying to scam her and she saw through it, but the other couple of times, you can tell she doesn't like Justine.

honeyke
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:27 PM

I like her:angel:

Viktymise
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:28 PM
There's much worse umpires out there than Allison, Mariana Alves, Ted Watts are 2 who are worse, alot of the matches iv seen Allison do she's all round pretty decent i have seen her make a few bad calls though, a la the Aus Open Final between Serena and Davenport, Serena served an Ace but the ne cord bleep went off and she didnt hear it and awarded the point to Serena, not saying it would have changed the result but thats one i remember, she's not that bad an umpire tho IMO, they all have their bad days maybe this was one of her's :shrug:

rrfnpump
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:13 PM

Lynn Welch is the worst by far and her voice is just plain annoying.

I already stated my opinion about umpires getting worse with the challenge system at the Jankovic-Henin match, umpires are not only there for calling scores, they are there to overrule if they think a ball is in or out. They cant be sure about everyone, ok, but they also cant be unsure about every ball, because if they were they need to find another job.

GoDominique
Mar 16th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Bumpo.

She's GODAWFUL and should be relegated to 10K's or club tournies.

GoDominique
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I agree.

Babolatpro880
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Well, Lang just made another bad call by not allowing Li to challenge.

Li would've been wrong, but she DID challenge in time.

MisterMan
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:40 PM
The point was OVER when Li challenged. How could Lang allow that ?
Sure, Li challenged quickly, but the fact is the point was over once Li's ball bounced out.
She would not have challenged if her ball was in and Hantu swung and missed, would she ? Great call by Lang.

ChampLindsay
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:45 PM
omg... today it wasnt Alsions day... very bad decision by her and no calling thats isnt good for her!!!:rolleyes:

jazar
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:55 PM
probably, but what she does in private is her own business

ViennaCalling
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:57 PM
agreed.