PDA

View Full Version : Have u ever seen Sharapova's mother?

markhingis
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I've never happened to see her mother supporting her on TV? There's always Yuri...
I'd like to know how her mom looks like.
I hope Maria's mom has nothing to be ashamed of and she simply doesn't like to travel.

Any pics?

Dan23
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:19 PM
This has been asked quite a few times before. Maria spends a lot of her spare time with her Mum...shes on the left here..

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1996/wimboff01ba9.jpg

Kunal
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:30 PM
thats her mum??

i dont get how two parents that are not so tall make a baby that ends up being 6ft 2inches long?

maybe it was a freak incident?

~Carsten~
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:32 PM
she looks a lot like her mother!

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM
she dresses like her mother

Shappica
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:34 PM
thats her mum??

i dont get how two parents that are not so tall make a baby that ends up being 6ft 2inches long?

Well, she does take after her mom, and not after Yuri, so... :devil:

saki
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:34 PM
thats her mum??

People have genetically determined maximum heights but, only if you get optimal nutrition in your childhood, do you reach that. So, Maria's parents probably didn't get good food as children - if they had, at least one of them would probably be Maria's height.

Are Maria's parents still a couple?

MikeJones
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Yuri!! good job

tennnisfannn
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:45 PM
it is only until you see maria against average women that you realise what a big girl she is. It also goes for most players.

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:50 PM
People have genetically determined maximum heights but, only if you get optimal nutrition in your childhood, do you reach that. So, Maria's parents probably didn't get good food as children - if they had, at least one of them would probably be Maria's height.

Are Maria's parents still a couple?

A question I've been wanting to be answered ever since I started following Maria's career.

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:52 PM
thats her mum??

It's funny, isn't it?...:lol: She's just so tall compared to her parents.

xan
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:56 PM

not really.

This generation, at least in Europe, is by far the tallest generation ever. There are so many six feet girls about now, its amazing - usually accompanied by shorter parents.

Kunal
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM
not really.

This generation, at least in Europe, is by far the tallest generation ever. There are so many six feet girls about now, its amazing - usually accompanied by shorter parents.

that doesnt quite follow the gene logic does it?

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:59 PM
not really.

yeah is it in the food they eat? water they drink? why didn't I inherit such a trait? :o I'm not European though but I noticed that even in other places, kids are just generally taller.

saki
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM
that doesnt quite follow the gene logic does it?

Yes, it does. Did you read my explanation?

Just because you have the genes to grow till you're six foot, doesn't mean that you will.

canoe.
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:07 PM
yeah is it in the food they eat? water they drink? why didn't I inherit such a trait? :o I'm not European though but I noticed that even in other places, kids are just generally taller.

I haven't really noticed a great increase in height, but I have noticed a great increase in fatter kids.

xan
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Yes, it does. Did you read my explanation?

Just because you have the genes to grow till you're six foot, doesn't mean that you will.

I saw an interesting Tv programme about this.

Aparrently normal genetics doesn't explain it all. It seems there is some kind of gene-memory or feedback. In other words if your parents and grandparents had decent nutrition, somehow that affects how tall you are. So its not just your genes, or how well you were fed.

MikeJones
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:13 PM
It same as in USA with the puberty rate getting lower and lower for girls and boys. It all has to do with the faty diets now. I read somewhere that in 1850's sweden, girls didnt start puberty until 17 years!!! Now in america, boys and girls start roughly 10-11 years.

Boys are bigger and stronger than have every been in previous generations as well. And alot of girls are very fat here in the USA as well, take my word for it. :devil:

I can definately see Maria being taller than both parent cuz of nutrition.

saki
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I saw an interesting Tv programme about this.

Aparrently normal genetics doesn't explain it all. It seems there is some kind of gene-memory or feedback. In other words if your parents and grandparents had decent nutrition, somehow that affects how tall you are. So its not just your genes, or how well you were fed.

Yes, there's that too, but that's a relatively minor component. The vast majority of it is explained by better childhood nutrition.

The puberty thing is also to do with hormones in food. It's frightening - I didn't hit puberty till I was 16 (I'm 26 now) but the young girls I know average out at about 12.

canoe.
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Boys are bigger and stronger than have every been in previous generations as well. And alot of girls are very fat here in the USA as well, take my word for it.

From what I've seen there are just as many, or more, male fatties than the female variety. I'm constantly amazed at how many big ole bellies I see on 10 - college aged boys. :help:

Pasta-Na
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:21 PM
i thought yuri was her mother :shrug:

tenn_ace
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Masha's mom is a really really nice lady. I have a chance to have a 5 min chat with her and she came accross as extremely friendly and down to earth. She is also very beautiful IMO and very tiny. I'd say 5'3 or so.

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Masha's mom is a really really nice lady. I have a chance to have a 5 min chat with her and she came accross as extremely friendly and down to earth. She is also very beautiful IMO and very tiny. I'd say 5'3 or so.

5'3"??? no way...maybe about 5'6" or 5'7"...she doesn't look that small beside Maria.

tenn_ace
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:33 PM
5'3"??? no way...maybe about 5'6" or 5'7"...she doesn't look that small beside Maria.

she really did look tiny to me... I don't think she's 5'6.

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
she really did look tiny to me... I don't think she's 5'6.

you sure? i'm 5'3"...and i'm telling you, Maria would look like a giant next to me. Ivanovic did and Maria is taller than her. :lol:

MisterMan
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Milf

tenn_ace
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:50 PM
you sure? i'm 5'3"...and i'm telling you, Maria would look like a giant next to me. Ivanovic did and Maria is taller than her. :lol:

I'm not a tall guy and she looked like a teeny tiny girl :p ;) :cool: Ok maybe she is 5'4 but not 5'5? :wavey: :angel:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
thats her mum??

its called genetically altered meat -- America.

metamorpha
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Her mom's height is at least 165 cm. But I guess she's slightly taller than Henin and similar to Hingis.

As a woman, Sharapova grew far taller than both her parents.... scary.

Mike_T
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM
As a woman, Sharapova grew far taller than both her parents.... scary.It’s the ‘roids. Yuri mixed them in with her Choco Bran Flakes every morning.

Yep, Yelena is a MILF.

rjd1111
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM

Chernobyl

Craigy
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
thats her mum??

Anyone in her family could be tall, like Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles etc. It isn't always determined by the parents...

Orion
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM
How old is Maria's mum? I remember Anna Kournikova's mother to be very young in contrast to her father, and Yuri is no spring chicken. The cultural thing, especially in the poorer parts of the country.