PDA

View Full Version : What Does Hingis Have to Do to Make Top 5?

mboyle
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:14 AM
I assume she has to make at least the semis if not the finals...can anyone please check?

perseus2006
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:38 AM
At the very least, she would have to shoot two of Ame, JHH, Nadia and her semifinal opponent. That would do it. Vice Pres Dick Cheney is available to give lessons on how to shoot someone accidently.

Barlos
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Well... without relying on the poor performances of Elena, Kim and Nadia she'd have to win the whole thing. Finals may be enough if her opponent isn't one of those players.

I would think Martina may prefer to do it by beating her opponents on the tennis court rather than shooting them though... it might be tough for her, lol.

Andy.
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Play like she did in Australia and Tokyo, agressive all court tennis

Dawn Marie
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Play with confidence and take chances on her serve. She CAN serve harder but seems to NOT do this during her big matches. USE the entire court and her entire arsenal. Step into the court and move her opponents around.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:41 AM
At the very least, she would have to shoot two of Ame, JHH, Nadia and her semifinal opponent. That would do it. Vice Pres Dick Cheney is available to give lessons on how to shoot someone accidently.

HILARIOUS

I LOVE IT =D

Ben.
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:49 AM
She definitely needs 2 serve BETTER! she needs 2 hit her groundies with more authority rather than just put the ball back in play & rally it out until the opponent makes an UF error, she needs 2 place the ball well & move her opponent around which what she is good at, use her court sense & tatics & not 2 feel the heat against the top guns of women's tennis.

all of these things she needs 2 do consistently. cannot stress this enough ppl

rhz
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Hire Richard Williams as her coach :)

DavyJone96431
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:00 AM
David Beckham and I could be together :hearts:

DavyJone96431
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:01 AM
omg oopss wrong thread. i'm sorry

Kunal
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:22 AM
first thing is more confidence in her self to be honest.....i dont know if she still believes that her skills are good enough to topple the best of em

rightly so....because todays game has more power...which is also something she needs to work on......

probably she can be more aggressive along with her touchplay game and can mix it up better.

Ben.
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:26 AM
first thing is more confidence in her self to be honest.....i dont know if she still believes that her skills are good enough to topple the best of em

rightly so....because todays game has more power...which is also something she needs to work on......

probably she can be more aggressive along with her touchplay game and can mix it up better.

true. plus the power is a huge factor in her game that needs some attention 2or otherwise she could be out of the top 10 next year (doesn't mean that it's gonna happen of course - i believe she will stay in the top 10 for at least another year).

Aaron68
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Be Agg-ressive. Be Be Agg-ressive. :)

Or something like that. Heh.

Believe me, I love Marti. And if she plays like she is capable of playing, she will shock the world. We just have to wait to see.

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:23 AM
She is gonna have to hope many of the others are having a bad day. Just don't think she has got the stuff on this particular surface to do any damage against these particular players.

But I am one that says never say never........

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I guess you are talking about Madrid.

If yes, please check out this thread: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=273181 :)

Steffica Greles
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Play with confidence and take chances on her serve. She CAN serve harder but seems to NOT do this during her big matches. USE the entire court and her entire arsenal. Step into the court and move her opponents around.

Hingis can do that for a match or two. But she fails every time to play that way for the entire tournament. It's always been the same. Maybe it's because it takes too much out of her? Or maybe it's because whatever she does, she's ultimately at the mercy of other players. If standing inside the baseline and dictating was always the key, then Hingis would be able to face Federer, let alone her YEC grouping. The fact is, one can only dictate where one is allowed to. Players argue this point in every post-match interview.

I give Hingis an even chance of qualifying for the semi-finals. She won't be fatigued, for once she has scheduled herself sensibly this autumn (although winning Kolkata did not gain her any credibility) and I'm sure she is fired up.

But, as always with Hingis, only so much of it is in her hands.

Ryan
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:24 PM
You're such a troll Steffica.

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:28 PM
You're such a troll Steffica.

yeah