PDA

View Full Version : What would you say if you met your favourite player?

SJW
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:31 AM
I met Serena once, and all I could say was "good luck, I know you'll do great" then hit myself on the head after she left :o
I've met Nadal a few times, but the first time he couldn't really speak English.
Richard Williams is the easiest person ever to hold a conversation with. So he's my favourite.

AJZ.
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:33 AM
When I saw Ai, the most I was able to mutter was good luck today and she said thank you in her cute voice :hearts:
But I think I got my message across when I got her to sign the montage I made that had "Simply Amazing" written at the bottom! ;)

LH2HBH
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:58 AM
If I met Lindsay Davenport I would tell her how much I've admired her career and that I've modelled my own groundstrokes on hers.

cometz9
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:00 AM
<-------------" How you doin' " :hehehe:

go hingis
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:01 AM
I usually don't know what to say. Good Luck always comes out but it's the last thing I was thinking of saying.

When Martina won the Adidas International 2002 all I remember screaming was "Martina Hingis AO Champion" "Kick Ass In Melb Martina"

Lefty.
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:03 AM
If I met Lindsay Davenport I would tell her how much I've admired her career and that I've modelled my own groundstrokes on hers.

I probably wouldn't have the nerve to splutter that out. :lol: I would probably be like :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: and then good luck.

hurricanejeanne
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:19 AM
I probably wouldn't have the nerve to splutter that out. :lol: I would probably be like :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: and then good luck.

LOL! That would be my reaction.
And then I'd kick myself for not saying anything. :lol:

youkoulélé
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:24 AM
"OMG Tati please marry me"

or "please stay this night wieh me..."

égalité
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:25 AM
I'd probably plan something out ahead of time, forget all of it the moment I meet her, and then say something incoherent like "Oh my God, Hs. Mingis, it's so nice to eat you. I admire you so much lot. Can I have your autograph? I mean, uh, good luck. I hope you match your win today."

And if I met Rafa, I'd probably just try to make out with him.

go hingis
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:50 AM
You Better Win EVERYTHING Biatch ;)

Derek.
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:04 AM
:lol: @ you guys. :p

I met Daniela in Miami in 2005, and all I said was, "Good luck." :o

Daniela kind of ignores her fans when she's walking sometimes. :tape:

This year in St. Louis at a WTT match my mom and I talked to Caroline Wozniacki and her father. It was awesome. :worship:

My mom did most of the talking as I was too nervous. :o

In 2005 in Miami I saw Nicole sitting under a palm tree. I went up to her and asked if she could sign my program and she said, "Sure." Then I said, "Thanks," and she said, "You're welcome." :p

See, Nicole is not mean. ;)

lecciones
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Wahehehe funny post go_hingis. If I met my favorite player I'd say how she made me love tennis, good luck for her next tournament and the rest of the year, and ask for an autograph, picture! just that simple :)

swissmisshingis
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Wahehehe funny post go_hingis. If I met my favorite player I'd say how she made me love tennis, good luck for her next tournament and the rest of the year, and ask for an autograph, picture! just that simple :)

same here :D :p

SJW
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Daniela kind of ignores her fans when she's walking sometimes. :tape:

Sometimes? I guess it's hard to see fans when your nose is so far up in the air :p

Derek.
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Sometimes? I guess it's hard to see fans when your nose is so far up in the air :p

Hey now. :ras:

She does spend a lot of time with her fans signing autographs.

She's just moody sometimes. :o

Rexman
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:18 AM
I met Myskina after she finished practicing in Miami this year. Well, met. I got a picture with her, but she didn't say a word. Just kinda, half-smiled. It was strange.

darrinbaker00
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:19 AM
I'd challenge Venus Williams to a match. ;)

Goai
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:22 AM
"Uh, hi...you're my favourite player--I am a fan...
Um... good luck today. Can I have a photo?
Gooluck, I mean good luck today in singles--Thanks!" :tape:

DutchieGirl
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:20 AM
:lol: I will in Hobart, and i'll probably say first: "Hey, how are you, did you have a good Christmas?" Then a couple of days later it'll be "Happy 18th Birthday!" ;) (and hopefully some days after that "Congrats on winning Hobart". :D

Harju.
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:32 AM
If I meet Tati, I'd be eating chocolate in front of her and she'd naturally talk to me about how healthy the chocolate is :tape:

meyerpl
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:54 AM
I'd say, "Thank you for all the wonderful tennis. You make being a fan a real joy."

AnneSo006
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:04 AM
If I meet Tati, I'd be eating chocolate in front of her and she'd naturally talk to me about how healthy the chocolate is :tape:

Excellent idea V-lix! :) :) :)

I don't know what I would say to Tati if I meet her... It will depend on my inspiration at this moment...
I must think about it! I want to be original! :)
I would probably tell her how great is her tennis and... how much she rocks!!!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Justine - "Can I have a picture with you and your autograph?"
Daniela - "Gosh, you're so beautiful...."
Maria - "What made you so tall when your dad is short?"
Amelie - "How did you feel when you won Wimbledon?"
Kim - "Are you really going to retire next year?"
Martina - "Radek is fugly. Dump him, please!!!"

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:12 AM
A week before the US Open this year (my fellow Masha fans know this), I saw Maria at bloomingdales. We only had a couple of seconds to get her autograph and say something, so I said "Good Luck, I hope you win the Open." She was a teeny bit surprised, smiled, and said "Yeah...thanks." And aaah, of course, 3 weeks later, she was the last one standing at the US Open. :D...I felt I was some sort of good luck charm. :lol: :rolls: Anyway, I believed she could win it and she did.

As for Marat, ummm....I'll probably just be...:speakles: :speakles: :speakles: then faint...:inlove:

No, actually I think I can say a few more words to him. I have a lot more to say to him ( stop freakin' oafin! :shout: ) and as a girl, I think I can handle talking to a man whom I admire better. :lol:

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:17 AM

:haha: :lol:

Exactly I had the same experience with Daniela. She was rushing to get out of the practice courts and obviously trying to avoid people who want to take a pic with her or get her autograph. She seemed to be the snobbiest of the players I've seen. Everyone was pretty friendly even after a hard day's practice.

~Eclipsed~
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:33 AM
:haha: :lol:

Exactly I had the same experience with Daniela. She was rushing to get out of the practice courts and obviously trying to avoid people who want to take a pic with her or get her autograph. She seemed to be the snobbiest of the players I've seen. Everyone was pretty friendly even after a hard day's practice.

i completely disagree with you on this one. My friend said hi to her when she was walking back to her chair during practice and she smiled, waved and said hi back to him. The grin didn't come off his face for the rest of the day lol.

For me...I said hi to Anna Smashnova and she turned around while she was walking and said hi.

My worst experience was with Jelena Dokic(though i'm still a fan). I smiled and waved at her when she turned around from her chair during practice and she just looked at me and turned back around. I couldn't believe that she would be that stuck up. She kept turning around then and looking at me too, I was starting to think maybe she thought i was a deranged, psychoctic fan or something.

Sharakim
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:34 AM
When can I meet you again?

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:45 AM
i completely disagree with you on this one.

You disagree with what? my experience? lol it's not like i made it up. that was my experience with daniela and so far, of the players i've seen, she was the only one who acted like that. she wasn't mean, don't get me wrong but snobby. i didn't say i've seen or met every single player.

Kunal
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:23 AM
that you are the best player in the world......please keep focus...u dont know how hard ur fans are rooting for !!!!

Ben.
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:26 AM
this is what i would say 2 kim if i met her. maybe i'll meet her at the aussie open soon ;) u neva no

anyway,

kim!!! i'am such a BIG FAN of yours & i admire the the way u play on the court with a lot of heart & determination & i admire the way u act off court with that friendly bubbly personality of yours. u will always be my no.1 favourite player in the whole wide world & i hope u always stay the same. could u plz sign an autograph 4 me & i can also have a picture with u if it's no trouble :hearts:

but it's most likely that i'll be nervous & just say good luck kim. hope that doesn't happen.

Paule22
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Fuunny to read your experiences with all the players.

I was nervous in the beginning, talking to Tatjana but after some time it got better and better and we had a some good talk about her play, her school and so on. I gave her my photograps of her. It was kinda cool. We met all the week at that challenger, I really enjoyed it. In the end of the week she cried because she lost her match and she was even so kind to say goodbye to me, be cause I had to leave.

I never had the courage to talk up to Meghann, dont know really why. I saw her three times at tourneys.

I find it very funny that so many want to meet Kim, this year in Warsaw she was walking up and down in front of me, searching for her pratice court. I liked the way, she was so normal.

Ben.
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Fuunny to read your experiences with all the players.

I was nervous in the beginning, talking to Tatjana but after some time it got better and better and we had a some good talk about her play, her school and so on. I gave her my photograps of her. It was kinda cool. We met all the week at that challenger, I really enjoyed it. In the end of the week she cried because she lost her match and she was even so kind to say goodbye to me, be cause I had to leave.

I never had the courage to talk up to Meghann, dont know really why. I saw her three times at tourneys.

I find it very funny that so many want to meet Kim, this year in Warsaw she was walking up and down in front of me, searching for her pratice court. I liked the way, she was so normal.

what a wonderful experience 4 u :)

!<blocparty>!
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I hate you now. Have fun tanking against Justine!

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:08 PM
to Hingis - "Dump Stepanek"
to Dementieva - "Dump that hockey dude"

felldownagain
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM
If I met Marion ?

"Here's your apron."

:inlove:
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I have met Serena once and yelled "OMG it's Serena!" :tape: :tape: Everyone stared at me, and my face went so red. She smiled at me, but didn't sign my autograph, the bitch. :armed: But she did manage to sign photographs from these annoying 6-year-olds. :rolleyes: :p

My best experience with a player was with Ludmila Cervanova. :hearts: We talked for five minutes about how I thought she was great, and I asked her if she would sign my photograph of her, which she did and wrote "Hope you enoyed the tennis! Ludmila xxx". She told me she was having a lot of fun out there, and it was great to meet me. :smooch: :awww: I was so chuffed!

Worst experience was with Iveta Benesova. I asked for her autograph by the practice courts, she completely blanked me and kept on walking.

SloKid
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:11 PM
When I saw Koukalova (Zakopalova) I said good luck in the final (it was before the final of Portoroz, which she won last year, ah good days when she was actually winning matches :tape: ), she was nice and then I also asked her for a pic and she was really sweet and cool about that too.

When I saw Camerin this year I asked her for a pic and I told her it's for her biggest fan from Holland (CooCooCachoo :p) and she apparently knew who he was. I spoke Italian to her, she was very nice, unlike her doubles partner Gagliardi, who just stormed away. :p :lol:

sweetpeas
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I love you Venus Williams.I love you Serena Williams.Your"ll the best!

CooCooCachoo
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:15 PM
I have met Serena once and yelled "OMG it's Serena!" :tape: :tape: Everyone stared at me, and my face went so red. She smiled at me, but didn't sign my autograph, the bitch. :armed: But she did manage to sign photographs from these annoying 6-year-olds. :rolleyes: :p

My best experience with a player was with Ludmila Cervanova. :hearts: We talked for five minutes about how I thought she was great, and I asked her if she would sign my photograph of her, which she did and wrote "Hope you enoyed the tennis! Ludmila xxx". She told me she was having a lot of fun out there, and it was great to meet me. :smooch: :awww: I was so chuffed!

Worst experience was with Iveta Benesova. I asked for her autograph by the practice courts, she completely blanked me and kept on walking.

Ludmila is great ;) She is so nice :D

CooCooCachoo
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Anyways, I have spoken with MEC a few times :lol: Random stuff, really :p She's so great and sweet ;)

Aravane is also really nice :D