PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Internship

T-schmidty20
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Hello,

I appologize greatly for posting this new thread here. I do not know where to properly post it.

I don't know if any of you know....but I'm Tyler. I am from Iowa and I am a 20 year old college student. That would make me a junior. It is a requirement of our college to get an internship before we graduate. I am in business marketing with a minor in communications. I have been a hardcore fan of tennis for over 5 years now. I follow absolutely everything...moreso WTA than ATP though. And I want to work for professional tournaments on the tours. Therefore, I am trying to find an internship with a tournament. I have applied for a couple...(Family Circle Cup & Cincinnati) and haven't had any luck yet. My time is running out and I am beginning to feel stressed. I started a tennis program for my community and I am a really hard worker. I just wish I could strike some gold with any tournament. I was given Luke Jensen's email addy and he never replied. I understand he is busy though. Does anyone have any ideas? Or a way they could help me? I have emailed some tournaments but they never get back in touch with me.

:help:

Thank you!!!

franny
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Hello,

I appologize greatly for posting this new thread here. I do not know where to properly post it.

I don't know if any of you know....but I'm Tyler. I am from Iowa and I am a 20 year old college student. That would make me a junior. It is a requirement of our college to get an internship before we graduate. I am in business marketing with a minor in communications. I have been a hardcore fan of tennis for over 5 years now. I follow absolutely everything...moreso WTA than ATP though. And I want to work for professional tournaments on the tours. Therefore, I am trying to find an internship with a tournament. I have applied for a couple...(Family Circle Cup & Cincinnati) and haven't had any luck yet. My time is running out and I am beginning to feel stressed. I started a tennis program for my community and I am a really hard worker. I just wish I could strike some gold with any tournament. I was given Luke Jensen's email addy and he never replied. I understand he is busy though. Does anyone have any ideas? Or a way they could help me? I have emailed some tournaments but they never get back in touch with me.

:help:

Thank you!!!

Um, my advice to you would be to suck it up and find an internship that does not involve tennis. Sometimes in life, we have to settle for things that we don't love, or even like. It's just part of the game. Your college education comes first, and so if your college requires you to do an internship, then you should do an internship regardless of whether it is tennis related or not.

thesupernova
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
im originally from iowa:) iowa rules;) did you try contacting the WTA? goodluck

Xanadu11
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:56 AM
I'm a journalism student too. and as a rule of thumb you can't call people once or send emails, call them as much as you have to, till they call you back so you will just leave them alone, then just wow them with how fabulous you are that is what I did to get my summer work experience/internships.

Benchwarmer1
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:58 AM
good luck man, hope you can find a way to work through tennis

...BTW Xanadu11, is your name based on the Rush song?

Abizack
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:00 AM
If you are looking for Tennis Jobs tennis4you.com's forum has a section just for job seeking. Here is the link: http://tennis4you.com/phpBB2

Good luck in your seach!

slk45
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Try this:
http://protennisjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=7174

tenn_ace
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:01 AM
you'll definitely have more luck if you contact ATP and WTA instead tournaments directly

Jeff
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Considering you don't have so much time and are feeling stressed, I would look elsewhere. You should look for multiple internships instead of relying on just one. Considering you don't have much field experience I presume, you cannot be so picky. Although make sure you find one that is geared as close to what you want to do as possible and is useful for you. I just recently got a marketing research internship, and had to be very persistent in order to get it. My suggestion is to continue to persue your goals for the tennis company, but in the meantime, look elsewhere to finish your internship requirement. Perhaps you can do something with wta/atp after you graduate or once you gain more experience.

T-schmidty20
Nov 16th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I got an internship with the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami. :-D

Dunlop1
Nov 16th, 2006, 07:28 AM

Well done on sticking with what you wanted to do and getting an internship. Now knock their socks off with your dedication (don't try and be a spectator, do your job excellently) and it will pay off.

I wish you the best success in your future. :wavey:

Slumpsova
Nov 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM
nice work :yeah: