PDA

View Full Version : Davenport To Play In 2007

<!Society!>
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Direct quote from google news, think the original source was the Philadelphia Enquirer.

Lindsay Davenport, 30, told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel she does not plan to retire. Davenport said she would play in only seven or eight tournaments in 2007, including three of the four Grand Slams.

Think we can safely assume she has no aspirations of capturing the French open then... :)

P_Fer
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I'm glad she's still playing

PatM04
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:42 PM
:) makes me smile

go hingis
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Good to hear she's planning on playing but I wish it said ALL the slams.

*roddicksinme*
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:08 AM
well its pretty safe to say Rolan Garros is what she will be skipping....but glad to see she is still going to be playing :D

lecciones
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Its awful what the WTA tour did to her. Being no.1 then suddenly where is she? Haven't seen her playing at all! I'm happy she is playing again, I hope she plays more and more like before.

LH2HBH
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Good to hear she's planning on playing but I wish it said ALL the slams.

True but really why should she enter. She has nothing to prove, she's already headed for the hall of fame.

Her schedule will be something like this. Don't forget other times Lindsay has felt like retiring she has gone on a tear and dominated!

Australian Open
Tokyo
Indian Wells
Wimbledon
Stanford
Los Angeles
US Open
Zurich

Martian Stacey
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Good to hear :) Hope i can see her in Sydney

Kunal
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:53 AM
really good news

DutchieGirl
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Good to hear :) Hope i can see her in Sydney

I doubt it if she's only gonna play 7 or 8 tourneys... :sad: But we can always hope I guess. ;)

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Um did the other thread about this disappear?

Lindsayfan32
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Its awful what the WTA tour did to her. Being no.1 then suddenly where is she? Haven't seen her playing at all! I'm happy she is playing again, I hope she plays more and more like before.

What the WTA did was dumb but it wasn't totally their fault. Lindsay was out of 5 months with a back injury which didn't help and the lack of wild cards on her return was another problem. But I'm glad she playing next year as a part time Lindsay is better than a retired Lindsay and the motivation is still there that's great.

<!Society!>
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:58 PM
True but really why should she enter. She has nothing to prove, she's already headed for the hall of fame.

plus the fact that she like we know her chances of winning the tournament are slim, as an established player shes already exclaimed that its the majors shes chasing, why put so much strain on her body if her efforts wont pay off.

she struggles against henin on hard courts these days let alone clay.

rockstar
Nov 8th, 2006, 02:03 PM
she's skipping the clay season :eek:

oh well, i hope it'll give her time to rest, i hope she does well next year