PDA

View Full Version : what was the stupidest thing a player has ever said

pengluv
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I think it was when caprioti said in us open when she beat serena. " that net cord didnt matter anyway she won the game anyway" when serena lost that game n she got booed after sayin it

Dexter
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Spirlea on Venus - she thinks she's the f*cking Venus Williams :spit:

best quote ever easily.

Stamp Paid
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:55 PM
'Theres hundreds more just like her back at home"

Pengwin
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:57 PM
'Peng Shuai will definitely be top 3 in the world' :lol:

- Kim Clijsters

Helen Lawson
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:58 PM
The one where Dokic said Rita Kuti Kis wasn't a real person, wasn't a real player, and never would be. If that isn't totally disrespectful enough, she makes these statements admist claims they rigged the draw against her so she'd lose. That's bonehead comment of the decade!

Oizo
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I think the 1999 comment about Mauresmo at the Australian Open ...

Mauresmo Fan
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:03 PM
when hingis said amelie looked like a man at the 99 aus open and davenport said she thought she was playing a man during their semi final:( :( :( :(

Oizo
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM
when hingis said amelie looked like a man at the 99 aus open and davenport said she thought she was playing a man during their semi final:( :( :( :(
Yes, those are that.

Brooks.
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM
In 04' Dokic said something like "the Williams Sisters--that story is over" ...oh the irony:tape: :help:

Jogi
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:06 PM

:)
they just spoke out what everyone thought
I like AMelie, but yeah, she looks very maculine, then even more than now

saki
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Alex Stevenson, "I will win Wimbledon."

The Daviator
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM

Lindsay was trying to describe Amelie's power and play :wavey: It was not a comment on her appearance :)

Sally Struthers
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:13 PM
"My return will be thunderous!"

Natalicious
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:13 PM
hingis "mauresmo is a half-man"

jazar
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:17 PM
at wimbledon when myskina said jelena jankovic was more interested in sorting out her hair than playing tennis

metamorpha
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Hingis: "Sie ist ein halber mann", then she went on to beat the half man at AO 1999 :lol: and later at 1999 FO..... :help:

She also dumped Jana Novotna to Kournikova, said Novotna was "slow and old"..... :lol:

Serena is right sometimes, by saying "She just speaks her mind, maybe it has something to do with lack of formal education" :lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Schiavone calling Serena "Brutus" :rolleyes:

The Daviator
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Hingis: "Sie ist ein halber mann", then she went on to beat the half man at AO 1999 :lol: and later at 1999 FO..... :help:

She also dumped Jana Novotna to Kournikova, said Novotna was "slow and old"..... :lol:

Serena is right sometimes, by saying "She just speaks her mind, maybe it has something to do with lack of formal education" :lol:

The funny thing about that line was the way Serena said it, so dismissive :rolls:

Reuchlin
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Serena's 90,000 notches below my best comment was pretty dumb...The whole thing recently about Bartoli winning as slam was really funny too.

lolo21
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:57 PM

knowing Lindsay,i 'm sure that she said that more for praising Amelie's game than anything else.....she was clumsy ,that's it :)
Martina on the other hand......she was really mean with Amelie i thought as she said something like "well she is a bit like a man......i mean ,isn t her girlfriend in the stadium??" ......not Martina's best moment ,that's for sure.....guess she was still young :o

Lindsay was trying to describe Amelie's power and play :wavey: It was not a comment on her appearance :)

yeah ,exactly :)
that's clearly not Lindsay 's style

Cat's Pajamas
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Kournikova one time said Lindsay only had a good serve :o

and that's when Lindsay said the infamous quote "She can say what she wants but at the end of the day I'm still here and she's at the hotel packin!"

:haha:

Serena saying Martina was lacking a formal education was probably a very stupid thing to say, so that gets my vote :o

Oizo
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:17 AM

and that's when Lindsay said the infamous quote "She can say what she wants but at the end of the day I'm still here and she's at the hotel packin!"

Serena saying Martina was lacking a formal education was probably a very stupid thing to say, so that gets my vote :o

:speakles:

LH2HBH
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:30 AM
“I'm like an expensive menu... you can look but you can't afford!”

"At this year's Open, I'll have five boyfriends.”

RR-87
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:31 AM

:haha: :haha:

LH2HBH
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:33 AM
"I think in general my game has gotten better. Before I was hitting the ball hard, now I am playing smarter." -- Anna Kournikova, after being beaten 6-0, 6-1 by Justine Henin-Hardenne

égalité
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:35 AM
She thinks she's the fucking Venus Williams :bowdown:

LH2HBH
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:39 AM
I had fun digging up the Anna quotes but truthfully...

"She thinks she's the fucking Venus Williams" takes the cake

Marcus Jordan
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:58 AM
All the media should go to jail for hyping up Hingis' half a man comment. She was still learning English and she was bound to make exaggerations from time to time as her vocabulary was still growing. Plus political correctness is hard to master when you haven't learnt English fully, the most complex language ever.

égalité
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:08 AM
All the media should go to jail for hyping up Hingis' half a man comment. She was still learning English and she was bound to make exaggerations from time to time as her vocabulary was still growing. Plus political correctness is hard to master when you haven't learnt English fully, the most complex language ever.

She said it in German :tape:

Bayo
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:12 AM
knowing Lindsay,i 'm sure that she said that more for praising Amelie's game than anything else.....she was clumsy ,that's it :)
Martina on the other hand......she was really mean with Amelie i thought as she said something like "well she is a bit like a man......i mean ,isn t her girlfriend in the stadium??" ......not Martina's best moment ,that's for sure.....guess she was still young :o

yeah ,exactly :)
that's clearly not Lindsay 's style
I'm glad others feel this way. I'm a Martina fan and I've never been able to defend this comment, only try to look past it and hope it was her youth talking. But, with regard to Lindsay, I don't think she was trying to be cruel, I think it was more a compliment -- that Amelie was an incredibly strong woman with powerful strokes. I hope she didn't mean it the way many reported it.

Stamp Paid
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:13 AM

death

MisterMan
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Daddy Williams calling Spirlea a "big white turkey" ...

Elena D saying she will be Number 1...

Most heartbreaking, Serena after The Bad Call. "All my life I had to struggle and fight..." then breaking down in tears.

WIMBLY2004
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:24 AM

:lol: :lol:

youkoulélé
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:26 AM
I think the 1999 comment about Mauresmo at the Australian Open ...

that's right !! :yeah: :tape: :tape:

Orion
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:40 AM
You're all forgetting the best one of all. A reporter asked Capriati about Bush's plan to reduce/repeal Title IX in 2003, and Capriati looked at the reporter very oddly before saying "I have no idea what that is."

For those of you who aren't familiar with Title IX, it was the initiative that gave funding for women's sports, and continues to protect public schools girl's sports.

rockstar
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:46 AM
elena dementieva saying that her serve will improve at the end of 2004 (or was it 2005?) :lol:

DutchieGirl
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:26 AM

Exactly!

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:14 AM
The one where Dokic said Rita Kuti Kis wasn't a real person, wasn't a real player, and never would be. If that isn't totally disrespectful enough, she makes these statements admist claims they rigged the draw against her so she'd lose. That's bonehead comment of the decade!

I was thinking the exact same thing before I even came into this thread. It's the one quote that always bugged me. Hopefully, Jelena has come along way from that sort of stuff.

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:16 AM

:o

That's one of my favorite comeback quotes of all time. Love ya Linds:kiss:

Carsten
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:21 AM

well I think "playing like a man" isn't something bad, that's more like a compliment ;)

But Hingis often says stupid things...

Louis Cyphre
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:30 AM
“I'm like an expensive menu... you can look but you can't afford!”

"At this year's Open, I'll have five boyfriends.”

who said that?

Beny
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I was thinking of starting a new thread..but I won`t ;)
Guess who said this??
'She played normal.'
This quote is from 2005. (This is the first prompt)
I really like the quote.It sounds funny to me :D

supergrunt
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Myskina :shrug: ?

Serena :mad: ?

Beny
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Myskina :shrug: ?

Serena :mad: ?

supergrunt,you`re a genius!
I thought it would take you longer. Was it so easy??
She said that after her 1st round loss at RG 05.
It`s your turn..

jazzfuzion
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM

but isn't that true?:tape:

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Serena saying Hingis doesn't have a formal education. It wasn't even funny.

jazzfuzion
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:32 PM
You're all forgetting the best one of all. A reporter asked Capriati about Bush's plan to reduce/repeal Title IX in 2003, and Capriati looked at the reporter very oddly before saying "I have no idea what that is."

For those of you who aren't familiar with Title IX, it was the initiative that gave funding for women's sports, and continues to protect public schools girl's sports.

i know i love jen but that was really funny.its always okay to have a blonde moment once in awhile.right?

salima
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM

This one get's my vote. It is not a stupid remark, or a misjudged joke about another person in the WTA-cirkus. It shows a player that have litle idea of what is going on outside the tennis court, and who also does not bother much to know anything about it. Unfortunately I think tis player is not alone in being this way.

Kunal
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:51 PM

ouch

Kunal
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:55 PM

thats really boneheadesque

ViennaCalling
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Lindsay :haha: :hearts: Perfect!

samn
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Oh, dear, where does one start? There's a treasure trove of inane comments and "observations" in Chris Evert's commentating gigs.

La Evert: a great player, but one of the lousiest commentators ever inflicted upon an unsuspecting public.

RJWCapriati
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jogi
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM

Lindsay :D :lol: :p

hingisGOAT
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:56 PM
the ironic thing about serena's "lack of a formal education" quote is that serena is one of the most infamously brain-dead players on the WTA Tour. her hypochondriac rant immediately springs to mind, along with various paris hilton-esque comments.

as for the stupidest thing a player has ever said... chris evert's (edit: it was tracy austin. blonde mousey artifacts for the lose) quote about steffi graf (we have 100 of these girls back at home or whatever) is up there.

Jogi
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:00 PM
as for the stupidest thing a player has ever said... chris evert's (edit: it was tracy austin. blonde mousey artifacts for the lose) quote about steffi graf (we have 100 of these girls back at home or whatever) is up there.
:speakles: :spit:

Maryamator
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:03 PM
"My return will be thunderous!"

lets see about that:p

Viktymise
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:42 PM
She thinks she's the Fucking Venus Williams :haha:

:inlove:
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Lol and after Steffi retires, Tracy goes on about how special she is, and how gobsmacked she was the first time they played against eachother. :help :help:

manu32
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:02 PM
hingis about mauresmo is the top

Orion
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:15 PM
i know i love jen but that was really funny.its always okay to have a blonde moment once in awhile.right?

That's not a blonde moment. That's a severe lack of the fundamental knowledge of U.S. policy regarding women's sports. For a female athlete to be that clueless about something that directly affects her life, and the lives of the kids who look up to her, is not a blonde moment. It's ignorance.

Helen Lawson
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Title IX never affected Jen's life, she never played college sports or anything. She dumped out of school at like 13 or something, and don't give me that mail-away school shit, that's not the same. And let's face it, how seriously was she taking school before then. So she's a little dopey and uneducated, who cares, I trade all my degrees for her dough in a split second. It's not shocking she doesn't know this stuff, the girl has like a seventh grade education at best.

CDGS22
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Education beats money anyday.

Jakeev
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:23 PM
There was a player in the late 1980's that lost easily against Steffi Graf in a later round of a Grand Slam and I remember her saying she thought it was like playing God.

Can't remember the exact player or that said this but I think it was either Catherine Mothes or Silvia LaFratta.

Either way I remember reading commentary of how silly they thought that quote was.

supergrunt
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:59 PM
"She played very strong, came up with good angles, and just didn't give me any chances," said Poutchkova, who fell to 0-3 lifetme against the Frenchwoman. "I think it was also tough mentally; I'd played her twice already and lost. She's the toughest player for me. She's two-handed and it's hard to figure out where she'll hit. I'm surprised she hasn't won a Grand Slam yet. Maybe we'll meet up in a Grand Slam final someday - but I hope not to lose 60 60 again."
-Olga Poutchkova :tape:

pengluv
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM
"Playing (Serena) it always felt like playing a steamroller. No subtlety, no finesse, just raw, loud power. To respect this style of play was always a bit tough for me, but of course I had to, because the rules of tennis don't state that having a beautiful game is required to become No. 1."
-- Martina Hingis speaking to the German magazine Matchball on facing Serena Williams.

she was jus bein bitchy

Hingiswinsthis
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I think Jennifer Capriati's Title IX comment....afte she said that Billie Jean King probably wiped the floor...

Orion
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Title IX never affected Jen's life, she never played college sports or anything. She dumped out of school at like 13 or something, and don't give me that mail-away school shit, that's not the same. And let's face it, how seriously was she taking school before then. So she's a little dopey and uneducated, who cares, I trade all my degrees for her dough in a split second. It's not shocking she doesn't know this stuff, the girl has like a seventh grade education at best.

A female athlete in the United States should know about "this stuff". It doesn't matter that it isn't surprising. I doubt the Williams' sisters would know it, or 80% of the women coming out of the US. But for an athlete to be such a public figure and be oblivious to laws that entitle the people who look up to you to participate in sports (your career interest) is very, very dumb.

And what does it matter that she's uneducated? Just because you barely have high school education doesn't mean you have to be stupid.

supergrunt
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM
"Playing (Serena) it always felt like playing a steamroller. No subtlety, no finesse, just raw, loud power. To respect this style of play was always a bit tough for me, but of course I had to, because the rules of tennis don't state that having a beautiful game is required to become No. 1."
-- Martina Hingis speaking to the German magazine Matchball on facing Serena Williams.

she was jus bein bitchy

After all the things she has said this really dosen't suprise me :lol: .

LoveFifteen
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:23 PM
"I do." -- Justine Henin-Hardenne

Oizo
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:37 PM
A female athlete in the United States should know about "this stuff". It doesn't matter that it isn't surprising. I doubt the Williams' sisters would know it, or 80% of the women coming out of the US. But for an athlete to be such a public figure and be oblivious to laws that entitle the people who look up to you to participate in sports (your career interest) is very, very dumb.

And what does it matter that she's uneducated? Just because you barely have high school education doesn't mean you have to be stupid.

People with poor school-degrees can be a lot more intelligent and nice and warm, than people who have university degrees.

go hingis
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Not the stupidest but a recent quote.

"Petrova didn't have a great game," Mauresmo said. "She had a good game, a smart game, and that's what's frustrating."

égalité
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:28 PM

*dies*

RenaSlam.
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Jennifer Capriati one year at the U.S. Open:

"Turn the f-cking baby off!"

Shows what a classless and illiterate bitch JCap is. :hearts:

TeamUSA#1
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:33 PM

I actually thought that comment was hysterically funny and showed a lot of balls--- she basically stated what all of us would have liked to say at one time or another.... and BTW, it wasn't at the USO, it was at the Acura Classic

TeamUSA#1
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:38 PM

Jen knew what it was, just not by the "Title IX" title. Before the big uproar of Title IX 3 years ago, nobody but Martina N, Chris Evert, and BJK knew what Title IX was and why it was so important. Only when the powers that be threatened to have it revoked 3 years ago, did everyone get an education on a law that was enacted well before their time. So give me a fucking break... she's stupid because she didn't the official name of the law??? whatever, at least she was at Congress this year fighting for funding for women athletes....

new-york
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:48 PM
But, with regard to Lindsay, I don't think she was trying to be cruel, I think it was more a compliment -- that Amelie was an incredibly strong woman with powerful strokes. I hope she didn't mean it the way many reported it.

well, i want to believe she didn't mean it like it was reported,
yet Davenport complimenting Amelie on her powerful strokes sounds bizarre.

reverse.

maybe she meant the way her game looks.

No Name Face
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:05 AM
probably what Dementieva said about Richard Williams deciding which WS would win a particular event...or whatever. it was pretty catty and stupid.

LoveFifteen
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:07 AM
"Thanks, Gunther, here's your 1,000 DMs!" -- Steffi

LoveFifteen
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I don't know about Maria, but at the end of day, my life is about "the banana" :drool: -- Hingis

Martian Willow
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:34 AM

she was jus bein bitchy

I was waiting for someone to mention this as soon as the thread appeared. One day some journalist is going to ask Martina about this and she'll be like, I don't remember saying that, but I suppose I must have. :scratch: :shrug: It will be mentioned in obituaries and biographies. Nobody will care that Matschball doesn't exist. :)

stevos
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:43 AM
I don't know about Maria, but at the end of day, my life is about "the banana" :drool: -- Hingis

:tape: :lol: :lol:

Insanely hilarious.

Dawn Marie
Nov 8th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Hingis: Momo half man comment!

Yet IMHO the STUPIDIST comment was by a player name Chris Everet. She was an announcer for Wimbeldon at the time but with her tennis knowledge it was STUPID to state:

"A one hand backhand is a LIABILITY on grass"!!!! This was refering to Justine's one hand backhand! I rememeber this well and I'm tellin yah and I just about spit out my strawberry and cream!!!

spinpup
Nov 8th, 2006, 03:40 AM

:haha: :haha:

The stupidest goes to Hingis for the comment about Mauresmo in 1999

irma
Nov 8th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Novotna claiming that Steffi's game was finished and the whole tour (including herself) had figured her out after the australian open 91 looks pretty dumb now. Maybe at the time it didn't look as dumb because a lot of people believed the hype, but considering Steffi would beat Novotna 20 times after that match (and 6:0 6:1 in the next match they played) it ranks pretty high imho :o

Same as Sylvia Hanika more or less claiming that it would take a long time before Steffi would be the best (German) tennisplayer. Steffi never lost to a German player again after that day.

Let's not start about Martina the second and her comments because that's an overdone discussion :lol:

Polikarpov
Nov 8th, 2006, 05:17 AM
'Theres hundreds more just like her back at home"

Is this by Tracy Austin referring to Steffi Graf?

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 8th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Hingis: Momo half man comment!

Yet IMHO the STUPIDIST comment was by a player name Chris Everet. She was an announcer for Wimbeldon at the time but with her tennis knowledge it was STUPID to state:

"A one hand backhand is a LIABILITY on grass"!!!! This was refering to Justine's one hand backhand! I rememeber this well and I'm tellin yah and I just about spit out my strawberry and cream!!!

First, Hi all. My name is Nancy J and I'm new here.

Which match (year, and round) did ChrissieE make that comment? I'd like to track it down and hear the entire reference and conversation. Chris may not be everyone's fav commentator, but she knows her tennis!

Dumbest Chris quote (from "A Long Way Baby," 1974):
"I know some women lift weights. They say Margaret Court did. But even if it would make me stronger, I'd never do it." NOTE***She changed her tune 10 years later! LOL

Fav dumb BJK quote (although it might be true!) from the internet:
"Ladies, here's a hint; if you're playing against a friend who has big boobs, bring her to the net and make her hit backhand volleys. That's the hardest shot for the well-endowed."

Some bad ones from You Can Quote Me:

Frank Hammond (referee) on BJK:
"On the court she's an evil, merciless bastard. Totally ruthless. She'll do everything and anything within the rules to win." HUH?!

Wimbledon Committee on Gussie Moran's lacy bloomers:
"They are unnecessariily attracting the eye to the sexual area." Hehehe...

Gaby Sabatini:
"I prefer to be appreciated for my beauty and other qualities rather than only being seen as a tennis champion." I think she got her wish!

Anna Kournikova explaining a tiff with Martina Hingis:
"Martina asked if I thought I was the queen -- because the real queen was her." Nuff said...

Martina Hingis:
"...me, and Anna and Venus. We're the Spice Girls of tennis." Again, nuff said!

Anna Kournikova (as already posted):
"I'm like an expensive menu. You can look at it, but you can't afford it." Explains a lot...

Jim Pierce (Mary's Dad) at an UNDER 13 tournament:
"Kill the bitch, Mary!" Hmmm....

Favorites:

Martina Navratilova (from the internet):
"The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed."

Favs from You Can Quote Me:

From Arthur Ashe (on appearance money):
"If you're paid before you walk on the court, what's the point in playing as if your life depended on it?"

Peter Ustinov on Monica Seles' grunt:
"I pity the neighbors on her wedding night!"

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Is this by Tracy Austin referring to Steffi Graf?

On page 11 of You Can Quote Me, it reads:

"There are hundreds of players like her in America."
Tracy Austin, dismissing thirteen-year-old debutante Steffi Graff after routing her 6-4, 6-0 in Filderstadt, Germany.

Ben.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:09 AM
"I think in general my game has gotten better. Before I was hitting the ball hard, now I am playing smarter." -- Anna Kournikova, after being beaten 6-0, 6-1 by Justine Henin-Hardenne

now that is completely stupid. especially since she lost like that :lol:

thedragon
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:10 AM
OMG, I can't believe I forgot it, the best one ever was the classic Richard Williams comment! It was the 1999 San Diego Final, and he is asked by the reporter, "What does Venus have to do to beat Martina Hingis?", and Richard replies "HAHAHAHA! Against Martina? All Venus has to do is show up!"
Hingis wins 6-4 6-0.

:lol:

Ben.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Martina Hingis:
"...me, and Anna and Venus. We're the Spice Girls of tennis." Again, nuff said!

:lol: :lol: OMG, that is hillariously fuuny!

Ben.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:15 AM
how many dumb comments has hingis made so far? she seems 2 pop out of the list every single time :lol: :lol:

Ben.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:17 AM

:lol: OMG, i'm gasping 4 breath after all these stupid player's comments :)

thedragon
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:18 AM

LMAO! :haha: :rolls:

samn
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:23 AM

I'm normally the last person to defend someone like Capriati, but her complaint about the baby is the sort of thing I wish I had the guts to say when I'm forced to sit next to screaming kids on a flight or at the theatre. I have to settle instead for rolling my eyes and muttering what an obnoxious brat the child is being.

samn
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Peter Ustinov on Monica Seles' grunt:
"I pity the neighbors on her wedding night!"

Why was Peter Ustinov commenting on Seles' grunt anyway? Here's what he was quoted as saying about Steffi Graf: "I find Steffi to be like a devoted nanny. When she strides across the court, it's like she's going into the children's room and turning off the television which is on too late."

Ben.
Nov 8th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Why was Peter Ustinov commenting on Seles' grunt anyway? Here's what he was quoted as saying about Steffi Graf: "I find Steffi to be like a devoted nanny. When she strides across the court, it's like she's going into the children's room and turning off the television which is on too late."

now that is a dumb comment as it doesn't make any sense really :lol:

Jakeev
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:20 AM
[quote=OrdinaryfoolisNJ;9442219]

Martina Navratilova (from the internet):
"The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed."

quote]

That same quote was used on the last episode of Grey's Anatomy:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oizo
Nov 8th, 2006, 10:40 AM
After Michael Stich defeated Boris Becker 1991 in the Wimbledon final 6:4, 7:6(4), 6:4 the umpire said after the matchpoint:

GAME, SET AND MATCH: BECKER! :haha: :rolls: :haha: