PDA

View Full Version : So...I have Versus and...

No Name Face
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:42 PM
There's no tennis listed for tomorrow. Is it just me? :confused:

Aravanecaravan
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:47 PM
There's no tennis listed for tomorrow. Is it just me? :confused:

Where are you looking? Their website lists the schedule.

No Name Face
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Where are you looking? Their website lists the schedule.

This is true. However, my TV guide and yahoo TV listings have nothing of the sort.

PLP
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:50 PM
This is true. However, my TV guide and yahoo TV listings have nothing of the sort.

I just went through my cable guide and it is showing from 10-4 where I am!

Aravanecaravan
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:52 PM

Neither does my BrightHouse listing on TV, but I suspect that those things are programmed way in advance.

Actually, when I looked this morning, they had the "traditional" Versus daily schedule for tomorrow (fly fishing, bear hunting, etc. etc.) but later in the day it changed to "No data", so I think somebody caught on.

No Name Face
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Neither does my BrightHouse listing on TV, but I suspect that those things are programmed way in advance.

Actually, when I looked this morning, they had the "traditional" Versus daily schedule for tomorrow (fly fishing, bear hunting, etc. etc.) but later in the day it changed to "No data", so I think somebody caught on.

alright, cool :)

mine is still reading the same old stuff, but maybe it's just late to update. i'm only annoyed cuz i can't tivo it right now.

johnoo
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:59 PM

bear hunting is that for real:D

bellascarlett
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah i checked the TV guide listing yesterday and they had their usual schedule as well. I'm sure people just didn't bother to change it. Well at least I hope.

No Name Face
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah i checked the TV guide listing yesterday and they had their usual schedule as well. I'm sure people just didn't bother to change it. Well at least I hope.

oh..you're from manhattan.
i'm from new york too so maybe it's just time warner being stupid.
either way, it needs to change so i can tape it :mad:

UDACHi
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:19 PM
oh..you're from manhattan.
i'm from new york too so maybe it's just time warner being stupid.
either way, it needs to change so i can tape it :mad:

why don't you just tape the stuff that's listed? that's what i did. :)

it's 12-6, right? :unsure:

No Name Face
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:23 PM
why don't you just tape the stuff that's listed? that's what i did. :)

it's 12-6, right? :unsure:

that's what i'm gonna do if push comes to shove. but i don't want to tape it, have the description change and then have my tivo all confused.

and yes, it is 12-6. however, elena's due for a three hour match, so it might be longer :p

Dawn Marie
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I have OLN but is this the VERSES network or what?

My guide says fishing and all weird stuff.

WTF is up?

Aravanecaravan
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:57 PM
bear hunting is that for real:D

I think they do have some hunting shows, but that was a joke. Sortof. It's actually New Mexico bull elk hunting. (no kidding)

http://ww2.versus.tv/tvlistings/default.asp?nm=2

But get this--Versus is home of the barbecue championships...

:lol:

Like Virginia Slims would have put it, we've come a long way, baby, to be in the same company as the world barbecue championships....

supergrunt
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Mine dosent have it either :( !

Aravanecaravan
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Relax, gang. The Versus website's main page now has an advertisement for the WTA Championships starting at 12 Noon Eastern time tomorrow. Matches at 12PM, 2PM, 4PM and then the match of the day again at 11PM. I doubt the local cable operators can pre-empt what the network itself decides to broadcast.

The question I have is how they plan on sticking to this 12-2-4 schedule. We all know that matches can be 50 minutes long or 2 and a half hours. I wonder if they'll delay the later matches to start right at 2 and 4 or just air them live one right after the other. Guess I'll have to set the DVD recorder at a slower record speed...

EDIT: Just checked (6:30 P.M.)--BrightHouse now lists the WTA tomorrow starting at 12....Game On!

UDACHi
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:27 PM
that's what i'm gonna do if push comes to shove. but i don't want to tape it, have the description change and then have my tivo all confused.

and yes, it is 12-6. however, elena's due for a three hour match, so it might be longer :p

omg i hadn't thought of that. i hope it goes by the times and not the programs. :scared:

shibster
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:30 PM
yeah, i'm in virginia comcast area and it says some mumbo jumbo of stuff :(. i too hope that i get to watch it somehow.

supergrunt
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Well, Im excited regardless :D ! ESPN is really grinding my gears though :( ! First they give away RG and now they give away the YEC :fiery:. Oh well :o. Who are the commetators for VS. ? I hope its Katrina nd Leif :D :hearts: !

thesupernova
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:53 PM
i just check the msn tv listings, they dont list tennis either. im going to send them an email and tell them to get on the ball.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Just checked my local listing for VS. and it says "Women's Tennis" from 9:00am-3:00pm Pacific Time. Earlier it said something else, so maybe this was some last minute thing. So I'm assuming if you have the VS. network you'll be seeing the YEC.

supergrunt
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:16 AM

eugreene2
Nov 7th, 2006, 02:34 AM
They fixed it. YES! I can now dvr this thing.

No Name Face
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:27 AM
mine still isn't fixed :mad:

yes, it's 5:30am and i still haven't gone to bed. long night ;)

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:47 AM
mine's already updated...ny area...yours should be updated too no_name_face.

Kunal
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:33 PM
lol everyones freaking out

tae04
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Yea I have versus too and it didn't have the tennis on the tv guide list to dvr, but i didn't check it this morning. Maybe I should run home from work during lunch and dvr it.

No Name Face
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:48 PM
mine's already updated...ny area...yours should be updated too no_name_face.

yeah it finally did. :woohoo:

and YOU can call me NNF ;)

bellascarlett
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:17 PM
yeah it finally did. :woohoo:

and YOU can call me NNF ;)

good! see worrying wasnt necessary..:lol: ok then NNF...lol...

RenaSlam.
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
It's on now. Allez!!