PDA

View Full Version : Serena's Blog from Africa

olivia100
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Africa (I finally made it) 06 November 2006
Africa (I finally made it)
James Alexander III @ 10:27

I finally made it to Africa. After many many years of longing and wanting to go I have finally made it. It is so GREEN and beautiful here. I canít believe the beauty and the sheer color of Africa. On my first day it was kind of surreal, itís like I still canít believe that I made it all this way.
First of all going to West Africa is not that far. They are introducing a new flight that will get you directly into Nigeria in 7 Hrs. I am currently in Ghana, and it is a 45 min flight from Nigeria to Ghana. The travel time to get here is really not that bad. Now I have never been to South Africa and unfortunately my travels this time wonít take me there, but I hear that it takes indeed a loooooong time to get there. I am happy however to be here in West Africa because I believe that is where my ancestors once tracked.

Read my poem below and tell me what you think.

Africa I have come home
Africa!
My homeland I have finally come home
My heart is full of joy
For I have been many places
And boy have I seen many faces
But the beauty of Africa I have never set my sights on
The glory of African land I have not stepped
the magnificent elegance I have not embraced
With its majestic Splendor, my travels have stopped me from seeing
BUT AT LAST, NO MORE!
For I have made it home mother
I have made it back to where I belong
Where every man is my brother.
Where people are equal to one another
I have made it home mother!
Where my forefathers first stepped foot
Home to where my great, great, great, great, great Grandmother made her bed.
Oh God I have made it.
No more will I wonder and dream
For Africa my homeland I have finally come home!

!<blocparty>!
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Dead.

LoveFifteen
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM

You belong on a tennis court, baby girl! We miss you!

manu32
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:26 PM
You belong on a tennis court, baby girl! We miss you!

another non tennis thread......

Stamp Paid
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Africa (I finally made it) 06 November 2006
Africa (I finally made it)
James Alexander III @ 10:27

I finally made it to Africa. After many many years of longing and wanting to go I have finally made it. It is so GREEN and beautiful here. I canít believe the beauty and the sheer color of Africa. On my first day it was kind of surreal, itís like I still canít believe that I made it all this way.
First of all going to West Africa is not that far. They are introducing a new flight that will get you directly into Nigeria in 7 Hrs. I am currently in Ghana, and it is a 45 min flight from Nigeria to Ghana. The travel time to get here is really not that bad. Now I have never been to South Africa and unfortunately my travels this time wonít take me there, but I hear that it takes indeed a loooooong time to get there. I am happy however to be here in West Africa because I believe that is where my ancestors once tracked.

Africa I have come home
Africa!
My homeland I have finally come home
My heart is full of joy
For I have been many places
And boy have I seen many faces
But the beauty of Africa I have never set my sights on
The glory of African land I have not stepped
the magnificent elegance I have not embraced
With its majestic Splendor, my travels have stopped me from seeing
BUT AT LAST, NO MORE!
For I have made it home mother
Where every man is my brother.
Where people are equal to one another
I have made it home mother!
Where my forefathers first stepped foot
Home to where my great, great, great, great, great Grandmother made her bed.
Oh God I have made it.
No more will I wonder and dream
For Africa my homeland I have finally come home!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

you know you shoulda put this shit in her forum...death

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Dead.

There's nothing wrong with her poem, some people are so callous

Knizzle
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Oh Serena.............

Bless her heart...

hacberto
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I'm happy she's in Africa right now.
This is a good time to play tennis on grass
Practice!!!!

SelesFan70
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Well, first of all this is surely a non-tennis thread at best...if not in her own forum on here, but I digress. :tape:

If it gives Serena some sort of personal peace to call Africa "home", who am I to judge? :)

dreamgoddess099
Nov 6th, 2006, 09:46 PM

I love it, it's so spiritual. You can tell Serena is really touched by being there. I knew this trip would be a positive thing for her.

Brooklyn90
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:01 PM
great for serena :yeah:

darrinbaker00
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:12 PM
You don't really believe Serena wrote it, do you? That's a Maya Angelou-caliber poem, and if Serena has Maya Angelou-caliber talent, she's been wasting her time playing tennis. ;)

LeRoy.
Nov 6th, 2006, 10:45 PM
You don't really believe Serena wrote it, do you? That's a Maya Angelou-caliber poem, and if Serena has Maya Angelou-caliber talent, she's been wasting her time playing tennis. ;)

:confused:

supergrunt
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Well, first of all this is surely a non-tennis thread at best...if not in her own forum on here, but I digress. :tape:

If it gives Serena some sort of personal peace to call Africa "home", who am I to judge? :)

A lot of black people in America are of African decent. Is that that difficult to understand? :)

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:17 PM
I just hope this motivates her to work hard for the next season

olivia100
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:26 PM
I love it, it's so spiritual. You can tell Serena is really touched by being there. I knew this trip would be a positive thing for her.

I said the same thing dreamgoddess, she's is so into being there. It seems like it is really touching here deeply.

olivia100
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:28 PM

Oh please, everything is not about damn tennis.:mad: and if you have not realized that yet about V&S you are really slow.

moon
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:32 PM

my sentiments exactly.

Marcell
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Serena inspires children

Accra, Nov 6, GNA - Former world number one tennis star Serena Williams on Monday took about 60 young tennis players through almost a three hour lesson in the tennis sport at the Accra Lawn Tennis Club. The young players took their turn to play with the tennis icon as she took them through some basic techniques in the sport, which was witnessed by officials of the Ghana Tennis Association, (GTA) some tennis lovers as well as school children drawn from a number of basic schools in the Accra Metropolis.

The American tennis star who is in the country on the ticket of UNICEF and the American Embassy has already engaged in the promotion of measles and polio immunization answered questions from the participants as well as the school children as they observed activities at the clinic.

The children who seemed inspired by the tennis icon at the end of the clinic said they were of the hope that they will take after Williams, who has series of international honours to her credit. Most of the children also indicated their desire to become tennis icons in future having learnt some basic lessons from the tennis icon. The tennis star who arrived in the country last Friday, is expected to leave Accra for America on Wednesday, November 8.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:03 AM

How was I being callous? :rolleyes:

It's brilliant! Serena is a road scholar, afterall.

tennnisfannn
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:40 AM
It is so beautiful and quite inspirational. Serena next time drag venus along with you.

G_Slammed
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:15 PM

If whitefolk can jump off planes and claim they're "returning home" when they step onto African soil... surely Serena Williams can.