PDA

View Full Version : YEC:- Justine Henin-Hardenne vs Martina Hingis... who will win?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Vote! :wavey:

Ferosh
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Justine in straight sets.

barmaid
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Although I'm more of a fan of Martina, realistically I have to vote for Justine..this match will be similar to the one they played earlier this year in Sydney..where a much untested but well trained Martina came back to the tour after a 3 1/2 year absence...Justine was coming back from a late 2005 injury so nobody knew what to expect from either one....Justine won 6-3 and 6-3...now many months later we find...Juju with one GS title and having competed for the title in the other 3...Martina has won 3 titles this year, the mixed GS in doubles, single titles in Rome and India.....but considering the depth of the tournaments that Justine played in and how well she did...I'd have to give her the "nod" over Martina....she just plays the "bigger" tournaments better whereas Martina hasn't won a GS since 1999:sad: .....if Martina wins it will definitely be an upset but I except Justine will prevail:worship: Good Luck to both gals!:bounce:

barmaid:wavey:

Wayn77
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Hingis will win the battle of the bitches in three bad-tempered sets. :devil: :drool:

LDF
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Justine in 2. :)

Princeza
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
marti of course

MistyGrey
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Justine! :bounce:

:inlove:
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM
This should be good. :yeah: Hopefully Martina will do it, but I say Henin 6-4 6-4.

pigmalion
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Ju but not easy maybe in three sets

shirley
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Justine will win this match in straight sets

E.Dementieva_FAN
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Justine 7-5 6-2... :(

Dexter
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Justine 6-:hearts: 6-:inlove:

Allez! ;)

Nicolás89
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:37 PM
hopefully martina wil win this one in 3 tight sets

dawid
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I hope Martina will win it!

triple-ace
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:06 PM
hingis in straight-sets :yeah: :hearts:

DarkchildSwiss
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Juju

maddogz48
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Justine in straight sets and Hingis will get bagelled in the first or second set. :)
Although we have not seen Justine play since September, Hingis still can't beat her.

Orion
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:11 PM
There is no player I would want to make my return to tennis against LEAST than Hingis. She can pounce on any signs of rust, and she specializes in moving people out of their comfort zone. Basically, when you want to try and re-establish rhythm to your game, Hingis is NOT the ideal opponent.

That said, Henin tends to look sharp in comebacks, and she's probably pretty relieved she's not playing someone who hasn't lost to her year this year (Mauresmo), or one of the hottest players on tour (Petrova).

I'd say it'll go to three, and Hingis will take the first set. if she stays competitive in the second, she'll win the match, but if she bombs in the second, Henin will get into her head.

Vaidisova
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Justine

Stavie
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Juuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenny161185
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I think Justine but I think it will be 3 sets - would love to see marty do it! :)

No.1Hingis
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Martina... come on..

AnneSo006
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I truly hope that Martina will win !!!:)

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:38 PM
If Justine doesn't retire, she'll win

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:50 PM
There is no player I would want to make my return to tennis against LEAST than Hingis. She can pounce on any signs of rust, and she specializes in moving people out of their comfort zone. Basically, when you want to try and re-establish rhythm to your game, Hingis is NOT the ideal opponent.

That said, Henin tends to look sharp in comebacks, and she's probably pretty relieved she's not playing someone who hasn't lost to her year this year (Mauresmo), or one of the hottest players on tour (Petrova).

I'd say it'll go to three, and Hingis will take the first set. if she stays competitive in the second, she'll win the match, but if she bombs in the second, Henin will get into her head.

Sydney

Mother_Marjorie
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
If Justine doesn't retire, she'll win

At least she qualified ;)

Natalicious
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
justine in 2 :devil:

morningglory
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Justine. Easily.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:09 PM
For the first time in my life I'll be cheering for Martina :lol:

einna
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:11 PM
juju in 2!

denisgiann
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:16 PM
i have never thought i would cheer for henin but this time i want her to dismantle Hingis.She belongs in a different era and the YEC is the perfect opportunity for this to sink in her brain.So please Justine lets have a royal beating here:devil: .

saki
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:16 PM

(Amelie lost to Justine in Berlin - 6-1, 6-2)

I would agree with you in general but Justine will be very happy to be playing someone who doesn't have a great serve first up. She would have a harder time opening against Sharapova or Petrova. She has her toughest matches against players who serve hard and consistently and that's not Martina. Justine may be a bit error-prone today but, if Martina plays the way that she has been since RG, that won't be a problem.

cheo23
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I believe Queen Justine will make alot of UEs due to her RUSTINESS & My bitchy Ass Martina Hingis will CONVERT on her BREAKPOINTS.

Martina Hingis needs to win this match to gain CONFIDENCE & believe she can ADVANCE to the SEMIS....GO SMILIN ASSASSIN!!!!!!!!!!:yeah: :bigclap:

SERVE...a slight edge to Martina Hingis + she must have a High % of 1st SERVES

Returns...gotta go w/ Martina Hingis.

Backhands to Martina Hingis.

Forehands to Martina Hingis.

Mentally tough...Queen Justine.

Movement/volleys to Martina Hingis.

GO MARTINA!!!!!! WE LOVE U!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:37 PM
At least she qualified ;)

I was being sincere :sad:. Since she hasn't played in a while, I don't know what her health status is. So I was being sincere. I'm over my JHH hatred, Swami. :wavey:

kiwifan
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I hope Chucky wins, but I think Henin will. :(

DragonFlame
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:46 PM
come on justine, do it.

watrat
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Who do you think? Martina of course.:p

Daniel
Nov 6th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Hingis

lecciones
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Martina will pull out a stunner performance and defeat Henin in 2 tight sets (OMG please happen)

lecciones
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:02 AM
i have never thought i would cheer for henin but this time i want her to dismantle Hingis.She belongs in a different era and the YEC is the perfect opportunity for this to sink in her brain.So please Justine lets have a royal beating here:devil: .

A player from a different era whos no.7 from unranked at the start of the year? I guess then nothing too much has changed from that era till now if she can be at no.7. Only 6 players then are actually like from a "new era" then.

égalité
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Martina! :hearts:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2:

northern lad
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Martina! :hearts:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2:

i think that just gave me a seizure http://poeland.realpoe.com/html/emoticons/blink.gif

head says justine, heart says martina

metamorpha
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Please force Justine to hit and run as much as possible 'til she well-drained on the court, who knows AO 2006 incident would repeat again :p :lol:

Anyway, let's hope Martina is back to aggressive mode and win this match in a bit tight two or three setters.

*escape*

MH0861
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Justine 6-4 6-2.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Best chance for Martina to beat Justine during her comeback is here.

Justine isn't the best indoors players, some might call it her weakest surface.
She hasn't played in almost 2 months.

I give the edge to Martina just because if she doesn't come through here she never will.

ioni
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:15 AM
justine in 2 sets ;)

Kunal
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:25 AM
want it to be hingis....but prolly be justine

having said that u never know what justine is gonna dish up on a given day?

mdsc8
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:20 AM
MARTINA, hopefully!!!

GO MARTINA, you can do it!

triple-ace
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:22 AM
yeah, wooo come on Hingis! :kiss:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Go Martina :D :hearts:

Ben.
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:56 AM
justine will win this one i reckon, but since she'll be rusty due 2 a lack of matchplay she'll win this in 3 sets over martina (something like 4-6 6-2 6-2).

rhz
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Justine 6-3 6-2

pooh14
Nov 7th, 2006, 09:10 AM
many of you'll think justine is rusty, but i think otherwise.
justine is like serena, she doesnt need much matchplay to win.
remember this year sydney, where she won the tournament after a long comeback.

if hingis plays aggresively, i would say 50-50 eitherwise.
else, justine will win in straight sets.

Si_Hi
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:16 AM
justine!
allez~

hingis2002cn
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:23 AM
hingis in straight-sets

ctan88
Nov 7th, 2006, 10:50 AM
My heart says Hingis, head says Justine ... but i hope Hingis can win this one!

Kai
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Good luck Martina :D

thedragon
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Hingis :cool:

Jorn
Nov 7th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Ithink Justine may be rusty and Hingis will win.

ViennaCalling
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I hope Martina will win it! :p

alibaby
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Although I'm more of a fan of Martina, realistically I have to vote for Justine..this match will be similar to the one they played earlier this year in Sydney..where a much untested but well trained Martina came back to the tour after a 3 1/2 year absence...Justine was coming back from a late 2005 injury so nobody knew what to expect from either one....Justine won 6-3 and 6-3...now many months later we find...Juju with one GS title and having competed for the title in the other 3...Martina has won 3 titles this year, the mixed GS in doubles, single titles in Rome and India.....but considering the depth of the tournaments that Justine played in and how well she did...I'd have to give her the "nod" over Martina....she just plays the "bigger" tournaments better whereas Martina hasn't won a GS since 1999:sad: .....if Martina wins it will definitely be an upset but I except Justine will prevail:worship: Good Luck to both gals!:bounce:

barmaid:wavey:

yes,i have a similar view.but no one should take martina too lightly!remember,although shes been off for so long,shes still only 25,so still a lot of improvement in her.plus,she will be pretty high mentally,because she realised this year,what she is still able to do!!

but my ju-ju,i hope,she will come through with flying colours!and one things for sure(and that counts for any of the 8 girls..):ANY of them will be in top shape,no matter how their season went,because they are all full pros,and they all know,whats required to win this!and this makes it really hard to choose...

iamhe
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Justine in straight.

hingis-seles
Nov 7th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I can't see how Martina can win this. Justine in straights. She has the power and can handle the Hingis variety. :sad:

flyingmachine
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Justine in 2 sets.

LH2HBH
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Hard to say! No one thought Masha could beat Justine and she did! Maybe Martina will find a way!

hingisGOAT
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:27 PM
hingis fans... no confidence at all! this isn't clay, and this isn't an in-form justine as far as we know. hingis loves indoors and i'm sure she's well prepared i guess we'll find out in a couple of hours :devil:

Stamp Paid
Nov 7th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Hingis is geting beaten by Mirza.
Allez Juju.