PDA

View Full Version : is it possible for another two handed forehander to be ranked number 1

pengluv
Nov 6th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Since marion won today, it made me think if it was possible for another two hander from both sides be number 1 like monica seles. Because everyone hits so hard now adays i think that would never be able to happen

MisterMan
Nov 6th, 2006, 12:51 AM
If Marion makes top 5, I'll eat this monitor in front of me.
On a webcam, so you can watch.

crazyroberto6767
Nov 6th, 2006, 12:55 AM
I don't think it's a matter of people hitting too hard (I mean, Monica would still be considered one of the hardest hitters today). But it's more of a matter of none of the current 2-hands on both sides being *that* good. It's possible, but not from anyone we've seen yet IMO.

Derek.
Nov 6th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Well in today's game it comes down to the littlest things that decide things like this.

They would need to be able to hit a regular forehand as well for reach.

esquímaux
Nov 6th, 2006, 01:10 AM
On a webcam, so you can watch.:toothy: *DEATH*

mirzalover
Nov 6th, 2006, 01:13 AM
On a webcam, so you can watch.

i hope she makes it cause i would love to see you do that:lol:

pengluv
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:05 AM
i just think the current two handers are just too slow

Mightymirza
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:19 AM
i hope she makes it cause i would love to see you do that:lol:

Same here :lol:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 6th, 2006, 03:54 AM
how about Shuai Pengie making top 5?

will u eat ur monitor then!?

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:29 AM
For a 2-handed forehander to even be ranked top 5 they would need to move like Clijsters, hit like Pierce on an "on" day, and serve like "peak" Serena. There'd be problems with reach, variety and volleying. Monica was the first and the last :worship:

esquímaux
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Regardless of what rank she'll achieve, I think it's a rare treat to see a two-hander off both side play in itself :) Making top20 is icing on the cake (no pun intended ;):o)

pengluv
Nov 6th, 2006, 02:03 PM
if hingis can reach top 10 in the state she is now peng or bartoli should b able to too

controlfreak
Nov 6th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Yes, but they would have to develop a game style involving being very aggressive, going for a winner on almost every shot, and closing down the net a lot. They would never survive being pushed around on the baseline from right to left by players like Sharapova.

pengluv
Nov 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM
so then how would ppl like santoro and gamball fair off against these women