PDA

View Full Version : how fast is madrid????

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Most indoor courts are super fast but the YEC in America for the last couple of years were very slow - so what are the courts like in Madrid?????

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Slow as hell judging by the last few ATP Masters in Madrid
but as its at Altitude the ball will fly thru air faster.

its a HIGH bouncing court

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Slow as hell judging by the last few ATP Masters in Madrid
but as its at Altitude the ball will fly thru air faster.

thank you :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

iPatty
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:20 PM
slow court where the ball bounces high. patty could do some damage if she were there. :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:21 PM
most indoor courts are pretty slow these days anyway.

Nicolás89
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:22 PM
good news for marti:bounce:

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:24 PM
It shouldn't affect these matches. It can't be much slower than outdoor hardcourts
Except for Sveta, the rest all have good indoor results

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:25 PM
most indoor courts are pretty slow these days anyway.

I remember Fliderstandt was so quick lol

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:26 PM
It shouldn't affect these matches. It can't be much slower than outdoor hardcourts
Except for Sveta, the rest all have good indoor results

I think it will - the slower the better for Hingis imo

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:28 PM
they made the courts like that for Piggy ( i mean Nadal) but he had Berd-shit all over him :rolls:

Ryan
This kind of sounds like Rebound Ace, is that an accurate assessment? (Minus the sticky courts, and the high altitude makes it quicker through the air I'd imagine).

Farina Elia Fan
they made the courts like that for Piggy ( i mean Nadal) but he had Berd-shit all over him :rolls:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

goldenlox
Hingis made the Japan final this year, she can handle it

IceHock
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:30 PM
So if the courts are like they are, it should favor Momo, Justine, Petrova, and maybe Hingis and Kuzy?

morningglory
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:39 PM

:haha: Berdych :yeah:
Finally a power game strong enough to eat the chicken-hearted topspin error-celebrating piggy up

davidmario
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:45 PM
hopefully not as slow as it was in stuttgart:yawn:

I like the Hasselt court:hearts: It was very fast.

Kimster
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:47 PM
:bolt:

THAT fast. :angel:

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:49 PM
This kind of sounds like Rebound Ace, is that an accurate assessment? (Minus the sticky courts, and the high altitude makes it quicker through the air I'd imagine).

I was thinking that - hopefully for Hingis anyway!!

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:56 PM
So if the courts are like they are, it should favor Momo, Justine, Petrova, and maybe Hingis and Kuzy?

Well likely not Kuzy.
She just goes for the kick serve 8 out of 10 times.
That can become predictable especially indoors.

bellascarlett
Nov 5th, 2006, 11:06 PM
how does it compare to the courts at linz and zurich? :angel:

Derek.
Nov 5th, 2006, 11:09 PM

Leave Rafa alone, TBE. :ras:

bellascarlett
Nov 6th, 2006, 01:37 AM

:rolls:

ugh! annoying pig...:p

spencercarlos
Nov 6th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Leave Rafa alone, TBE. :ras:
You should hate her, that hairy pig always beat Hantuchova. Cough cough, Federer i mean :angel:

silverwhite
Nov 6th, 2006, 02:23 AM

:lol:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:04 AM

Good for Justine and Martina. :D

Bad for Sharapova and Clijsters. :help:

akosiirwyn
Nov 6th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Good for Justine and Martina. :D

Bad for Sharapova and Clijsters. :help:

wouldn't it be bad for justine because she's short? and good for masha because she's tall?

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:11 AM
You should hate her, that hairy pig always beat Hantuchova. Cough cough, Federer i mean :angel:

good guise ;)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:13 AM
wouldn't it be bad for justine because she's short? and good for masha because she's tall?

A high-bouncing court means a slower game overall - which is perfect for Justine and Martina. They can use their variety of shots to great effect because they have time to set them up.

Power players like Maria will have to hit much harder, and it could be a disadvantage should the match be a long one.

Kunal
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:35 AM
hate it when its that slow

LUIS9
Nov 6th, 2006, 08:20 AM

I know but Berdy does not like piggys lol, haha I dont like Nadal but I do respect him. Why is he associated to pigs? What's the anology?

I still believe Hingis will struggle to win a match against the players in her group. Henin and Mauresmo are simply far superior athletes, She might be able to take a set away from a rusty and in poor form Mauresmo of late.