PDA

View Full Version : racquet question

yukon145
Nov 5th, 2006, 08:40 PM
hey my current racquet is the wilson HTour, the black and orange one that davenport and henin used in 2004. im looking to update my racquet and i was wondering what the current wilson model thats similar to the HTour?

im guessing its the nCode nTour two because thats what davenport is using now. i just want to make sure i get the right one. or does anyone have any suggestions for a better racket that may be simliar to the wilson HTour? thanks for the help.

komorli
Nov 5th, 2006, 08:48 PM
The nTour 2 is the latest model of that racquet. I have never tried it, but I have tried the first nTour and it's a nice racquet, especially on volleys. Off the ground it's nice too. Overall, it's a nice, balanced racquet. And it's probably cheapter than the nTour 2. If you're looking for a frame that's not as stiff, try the new Prince racquet, O3 Hybrid Tour. It's exactly the same as the nTour in terms of size, etc., except with the O-ports so you have a bigger sweet spot and it's a lot less stiff. I was told that it was made to compete with wilson racquets, because most prince racquets and wilson racquets are total opposites in terms of weight distribution. However, sometimes, it feels like it doesn't give enough power.

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 5th, 2006, 09:27 PM
yeah the nTour2, but I recommend demoeing it out first

yukon145
Nov 5th, 2006, 10:50 PM
thanks for the help

thomas.chung
Nov 5th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Demo the nTour 2, I am currently using it. And I like it a lot.

esquímaux
Nov 5th, 2006, 11:44 PM
I reccomend the Tour 90. It improves your game be forcing good technique and the modest headsize allows for hitting out on shots and the ball staying inside the lines. From personal experience, this frame has a lot more power than it is given credit.