PDA

View Full Version : which yec group is tougher?

msharafan
Nov 5th, 2006, 01:59 PM
just wondering who thinks wwhich group is tougher.

justine
amelie
petrova
hingis

maria
elena
svetlana
kim

msharafan
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:01 PM
i personally think marias group is tougher cause although kim is coming back from injury she is playing very well and svetlana has said going into this tournie that she thinks she can win and with elena who knows if she plays her best she can be unbeatable and marias in great form.
whereas justine and mauresmo are coming back from injury and petrova just lost to sharapova easily and we all know what the second half of hingis' year has been like.

:inlove:
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Maria's group.
Poor Lena. :lol:

Nicolás89
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:06 PM
group 2 is better on current form:worship:
group 1 could be tougher, if amelie justine and martina shows a good form (nadia is in good form right now):wavey:

j@zmin
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM
group 2 is better on current form:worship:
group 1 could be tougher, if amelie justine and martina shows a good form (nadia is in good form right now):wavey:

I agree.

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:10 PM
It looks fair to me.
It depends on health

~Carsten~
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Masha's Group is tougher

msharafan
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:14 PM
well i think marias group is tougher because you have to beat two players to qualify so if that means maria will have to beat svetlana and kim which are the lowest ranked players in her group but in justines group justine and amelie will have to beat petrova and hingis i mean thats how you can tell the toughness of the group maria could potnetially lose all 3 matches :( whereas if she has hingis and petrova in her group she would most likely win them two matches on current form.

mr_burns
I think justine will have bigger problems to get to the sf

!<blocparty>!
Maria's group looks fun! Elena won't be winning a match again this year. Oh well.

I'm going with Maria, Svetlana, Justine and Amelie as the semi-finalists.

Natalicious
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:15 PM
i think justine's group!

rockstar
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:18 PM
both are tough, cos afterall it is the top 8 players :p

Wayn77
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:18 PM
just wondering who thinks wwhich group is tougher.

justine
amelie
petrova
hingis

maria
elena
svetlana
kim

depending on fitness both look pretty competitive to me:

I'm going for Mauresmo, Petrova, Sharapova, Kuznetsova.

bellascarlett
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:45 PM
On current form, Maria's group no doubt. :scared:

It's Kim I'm worried about in her group. And Sveta is playing "at home"...Lena, well, is Lena...

The other group is kind of brought down by the long injury breaks of Justine and Amelie. We don't know how competitive they will be or how much they have recovered. Martina hasn't really played her best against top players in a while. Her indoor season wasn't spectacular. Petrova is the only one in form in her group and that says something...If Justine and Amelie aren't completely fit to compete, this will be an easy group.

On the other hand, Maria's group already looks to be competitive.

bellascarlett
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:46 PM
But going by how the players can play on average when healthy and fit, I think this is a balanced draw.

Mightymirza
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Justines group :scared: And also lena :bigcry: about time to win a match lena :scared:

proudfoot
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
well both groups are as tough as each other, because it won't be predictable, and there will be a few shocks along the way. :p

Wayn77
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Justines group :scared: And also lena :bigcry: about time to win a match lena :scared:

Yes please Lena! :unsure: :hug:

hingisGOAT
Nov 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM
it's pretty balanced.

sharapova > mauresmo
henin > clijsters
petrova = kuznetsova?
hingis > dementieva

some might disagree, but i'd say that sharapova's group contains the clear strong link and clear weak link of the tournament, while the other group contains a more even list of contenders. besides, nobody really knows the form of half of these players, so it could end up going either way.

*Jool*
Nov 5th, 2006, 03:57 PM
It looks fair to me.
It depends on health

I agree

I still picked (yellow ?) group with Henin Mauresmo Petrova and Hingis ...

Viktymise
Nov 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Sharapova's group :bigcry: lena hopefully she plays Kuznetsova 1st, then she has a chance if she has to play Sharapova or Kim 1st :help: as she wont have enough hard matches under her belt i think but Kuznetsova is a winnable tie for lena and if she won that one her confidence would not doubt keep growing :D plz do it for me lena :awww:

dizoo
Nov 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Justine's group...

IceHock
Nov 5th, 2006, 04:17 PM
it's pretty balanced.

sharapova > mauresmo
henin > clijsters
petrova = kuznetsova?
hingis > dementieva

some might disagree, but i'd say that sharapova's group contains the clear strong link and clear weak link of the tournament, while the other group contains a more even list of contenders. besides, nobody really knows the form of half of these players, so it could end up going either way.

Other way around. When Henin-Hardenne and Mauresmo are playing good, they are the best, hingis is capable of magic and petrova is playing good now, group 1 takes the cake.

doris_hdz
Nov 5th, 2006, 04:23 PM
maria group

Rachel_
Nov 5th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Elena :sad: You can do it though!

Quite evenly balanced I'd say...good draw it wont be as predictable as some people think.

Linnie
Nov 5th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Amelie's group ;)

Bumsby
Nov 5th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Depends who is healthier between Justine and Kim? :confused:

morningglory
Nov 5th, 2006, 05:07 PM
pretty dead even

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 5th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Maria's group is really explosive, can't wait to see all those matches in that group :D

Ballbasher
Nov 5th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Even :D
Group1:
Justine-Comes back from injury but we know she never gets problems with it
Amelie-Her form is bad but she's defending champ and probably very motivated
Nadia-Her form is very good had SPs vs Masha
Martina-I can't see her coming through

Group2:
Masha-Excellent form
Sveta-Seeemed tired lately but had enough off time to play great here
Kim-Played nice in Hasselt and will definetely compete for the title too
Elena-As Hingis

Lapin
Nov 5th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Amelie's group ;)

That's just what I was about to post!! :lol:

Hi Linnie! :wavey:

Привет
Nov 5th, 2006, 09:14 PM
I definitely think the Red Group is the tougher group. But there will be some awesome matches here, i can't wait for them. Mauresmo vs Hingis, Sharapova vs Kuznetsova, Sharapova vs Clijsters, Kuznetsova vs Dementieva, Dementieva vs Clijsters - the fun never ends :confused: :lol: :lol:

PLP
Nov 5th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Justine, Momo, Martina, Nadia :help:

Very tough group, but red group is almost as scary :eek:

Si_Hi
Nov 5th, 2006, 09:25 PM
i think grouping like this looks balanced...

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 5th, 2006, 09:30 PM
it's almost LAUGHABLE how easy Masha's draw is. If she doesn't make the semis, I'm going to be :mad: It just sucks that Marti won't make it though :sad: I mean come on, in one group you have the winners 3/4 this years majors, last year's YEC Champ, and the winners of 12 total majors.

In Maria's group you have the winners of 5 majors.

I'm willing to BET MONEY RIGHT NOW that the semi's will be

Justine v. Kim and Amelie v. Maria

volta
Nov 5th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Momo's group

lolo21
Nov 5th, 2006, 11:11 PM
it's almost LAUGHABLE how easy Masha's draw is. If she doesn't make the semis, I'm going to be :mad: It just sucks that Marti won't make it though :sad: I mean come on, in one group you have the winners 3/4 this years majors, last year's YEC Champ, and the winners of 12 total majors.

In Maria's group you have the winners of 5 majors.

I'm willing to BET MONEY RIGHT NOW that the semi's will be

Justine v. Kim and Amelie v. Maria

nope,4 majors ;)

Kimster
Nov 5th, 2006, 11:18 PM
numero uno

anlavalle
Nov 5th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Momo's group

same here :wavey:

Buitenzorg
Nov 5th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Justine's group is tougher ;)

Poor Kim, she's surrounding by the Russian girls ;)

LucasArg
Nov 5th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Equal, maybe Maria's looks a bit tougher, but I really don't know how fit or healthy are most of the players.

hingis2002cn
Nov 6th, 2006, 12:24 AM
justine's group

Junex
Nov 6th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Anyone notie the playing disparity between the two groups:

It's not a stretch to say that the Yellow Group are players who are comfortable to come in the net....while the Red Group are powerful baseliners!

Justine & Maria in the Finals please!!!!

RJWCapriati
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Justine's Group

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Anyone notie the playing disparity between the two groups:

It's not a stretch to say that the Yellow Group are players who are comfortable to come in the net....while the Red Group are powerful baseliners!

very true!

Though we musn't forget, Kim and Sveta are comfortable to come up to net as well.

ioni
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:29 AM
both groups looks tougher to me ;)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Definately Justine's group. You have 2 current GS holders in there, coupled in with an on-form player and a former 5-time GS champion. Anything can happen in this group.

Maria's group is a tad bit easy (unless you are not a Maria fan). She will definately qualify, based on current form, and the other 3 players will fight out for the 2nd spot. [That said, did you realise that Maria's group consists of 3 players who has won the US Open before for the last 3 years??? (2004 - Kuzzy, 2005 - Kimmy, 2006 - Maria) :eek:]

Kunal
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:34 AM
both are tough

Nicolás89
Nov 11th, 2006, 06:03 PM
i think now is pretty clear that the yellow group was tougher:wavey: