PDA

View Full Version : fed Cup 2007

tennis-master83
Nov 5th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Who's gonna be Maria's teammate at the FED CUP 2007 ?

bellascarlett
Nov 5th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Hmm...I'm banking on Lena D. here.

So hopefully Dementieva. Then I think Chakvetadze as back-up singles and maybe Zvonareva for doubles.

But I just read that Petrove decided to make herself available for Fed Cup too. :shrug:

Tarpi must love his job now. So many to choose from. There's also Kirilenko (who might make it via Sharapova) and Safina.

tennis-master83
Nov 5th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Hmm...I'm banking on Lena D. here.

So hopefully Dementieva. Then I think Chakvetadze as back-up singles and maybe Zvonareva for doubles.

But I just read that Petrove decided to make herself available for Fed Cup too. :shrug:

Tarpi must love his job now. So many to choose from. There's also Kirilenko (who might make it via Sharapova) and Safina.

You Think with Maria Sharapova in the team Russia will win FED CUP? Maria is gonna help Russia like she is helping herself individually?

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Maria made herself eligible for the Olympics by making herself available for one tie, against Spain.
It will be played in Russia, and Sharapova has played 2 and 1/2 matches in Russia in her career, and they were all mediocre.

So the rest of the team has to be very strong.
Probably Lena, Nadia, Anna C and Sharapova

Nicolas
Nov 5th, 2006, 01:18 PM
What about Kuzzy??? :confused: Did she refuse to play Fed Cup

This could be a great russian team with Sharapova, Kuzzy , LenaD and Vera Z.

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Sveta lost both her singles matches in the 2004 Fed Cup final.
She played Hopman Cup this year, but hasn't played Fed Cup since.
I think she will be on a team in 2007, so will Vera Z.

svetafecionado
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Sveta said during her "speech" in Bali this year that she might miss Bali next year because she might be playing for Russia in the fed cup next year

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM
2007 and 2008 are Olympic eligibility years, so Tarpischev will have a lot of choices