PDA

View Full Version : i got banned by youtube today :)

ashwu
Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
in case you're wondering, i got banned by youtube today :)
someone told youtube my highlight of mary and venus williams' wimbledon game is "copyright infringement"~ so now all the mary's videos i uploaded are gone. i got so many complain because of that highlight~ stupid fans. i like venus though.
never got banned before, so i'm more exciting than upset :p
you could still donwload those matches here http://hosted.filefront.com/marypierce

just wanna tell someone about it...

Viktymise
Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Why is it copywrite infringment :confused:

ashwu
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
because all sports broadcasts are copyrighted.
and youtube won't do anything about those videos unless someone send them a copyright notice. so apparently some fan is not happy about that highlight. if you watched it before you'd know that i didn't include any venus' winner in it :p

MistyGrey
Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:42 PM
:lol:
Awwww :hug: The guy was probably mad. Still a pretty mean thing :(
He probably searched for Venus Williams and found that clip. And if he has a slower internet connection, imagine his disappointment, after waiting for the clip to load, he only finds Mary hitting winners left right and centre! :lol: lenavee did you do it? :lol:

ashwu
Nov 3rd, 2006, 02:12 PM
:) i saw nouf's account is suspended too~ so someone must did some searching in tennis section yesterday~

MistyGrey
Nov 3rd, 2006, 02:39 PM
Oh NO! :( means most of the good Tennis videos will be taken away! :sad:

stefi62
Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
You got banned...? So how does it feel to be the PierceCheng of Youtube???? :lol: :p

squig2k
Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:24 PM
ahh ash your videos were great, i was only looking at them again the other day!

Viktymise
Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:33 PM
Hopefully mine wont get taken off :scared:

ashwu
Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
You got banned...? So how does it feel to be the PierceCheng of Youtube???? :lol: :p

:rolleyes: you miss him? here he is (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PierceCheng) ;)

ashwu
Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
ahh ash your videos were great, i was only looking at them again the other day!

thanks~ though i couldn't take so much credit of it. mary is so talented and it's so much fun to watch her play~:bounce:

miss her...:sad:

Paul.
Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
in case you're wondering, i got banned by youtube today :)
someone told youtube my highlight of mary and venus williams' wimbledon game is "copyright infringement"~ so now all the mary's videos i uploaded are gone. i got so many complain because of that highlight~ stupid fans. i like venus though.
never got banned before, so i'm more exciting than upset :p
you could still donwload those matches here http://hosted.filefront.com/marypierce

just wanna tell someone about it...

NOOO!!! the venus/mary highlight vid is my favourite video of mary, i watch it all the time :sad::sobbing::tears:

squig2k
Nov 3rd, 2006, 07:46 PM
NOOO!!! the venus/mary highlight vid is my favourite video of mary, i watch it all the time :sad::sobbing::tears:

me too! i just downloaded it now though, watched it a few times lol. that was one of the most amazing matches i saw mary in and it was the first match i properly saw her play. i was rooting for her all the way! :worship:

Lu_Weird
Nov 4th, 2006, 03:43 AM
That is pitty...FileFront is so slowly for me to download...

Mark Spruce
Nov 4th, 2006, 06:03 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mark Spruce
Nov 4th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I am sorry about that.

You have a long way to go LOL until you have been banned from nearly every tennis site like that Cheng Crazy Stalker Man

Mark

zibaas
Nov 5th, 2006, 01:48 AM
hey ash was you that had the Wimbledon clips from 92 ?? Because they aren´t there anymore too

ashwu
Nov 7th, 2006, 03:39 PM
hey ash was you that had the Wimbledon clips from 92 ?? Because they arenīt there anymore too

nope, not mine~ i guess it's nouf's video :rolleyes:

RJWCapriati
Nov 17th, 2006, 02:15 PM
lol I got a warning from them for putting up the Pierce/Sanchez Aus Final - they said its copyright of course:lol: :lol: :lol:

orfeus
Nov 17th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone:hatoff: ,
sorry for the intrusion but sometimes I don't really understand why u people care that much about youtube, which is quite infamous for this "copyright infringement" stuff. There are so many ways of sharing one's vids (including this very site) without being bothered by all these crazy guys - BTW heard rumours that one day the whole youtube thing might get closed, because basically every single thing there is, in fact, a case of "copyright infringement" up to a point. Moreover, don't know how about the Mary vids there, but I'm 100% sure that there is not one single Tatiana Golovin vid that I couldn't get somewhere else, mostly in a much higher quality.
Take care, folks:)

lindsayno1
Dec 12th, 2006, 10:31 PM
i got mine taken off for the same reason! and they were MY video clips that I took at Wimbledon!

Mark Spruce
Dec 13th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Maybe if you could put COPY RIGHT and your name you could still have them up there :confused:

Mark

i got mine taken off for the same reason! and they were MY video clips that I took at Wimbledon!