PDA

View Full Version : Slams 2007

jamatthews
Nov 2nd, 2006, 08:13 PM
Aussie Open - 5 in qualifying?
Roland Garros - 6 in qualifying?
US Open - 8 in qualifying?

:angel: :shrug:

Although it's not that useful if none of them get to the main draw (or past the 1st round). :tape: :help:

barryproudfoot
Nov 3rd, 2006, 07:45 AM
I think Anne Keothavong will qualify for all 3 :cool:

kundalini
Nov 5th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Naomi to qualify and win a match in the main draw either at Roland Garros or US Open. Elena also has the firepower but perhaps too early for Mel.

At this stage just winning a match in qualifying would be progress for most of our players. Wimbledon is going to be so stressful now that first round wins are worth so many points. To reach the top 100, players are going to have to win matches in Slams.

WIMBY
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Anne, Melanie and Katie in Australian Open qualifying :)

Europe rocks
Dec 14th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Hopefully Anne, Mel and Katie can all qualify for the Australian Open and get their ranks up and get a bit more money in the bank. If they do go out to Australia it would seem logical to play in some of the lower level events in Asia as well because the draws are not that strong usually and they may have a good chance to push on considering they do well in Australia. By the time the clay court season comes around we may see Amanda in the qualifying draw as well, as she doesn't have anything to defend until April, so if she can get her ranking up high enough by then it may just be enough. Maybe one of our girls will get directly into Wimbledon or the US Open

jazar
Dec 15th, 2006, 08:12 PM
realistically, i don't anyone will get direct acceptance for any slams and i can't see anyone qualifying for the AO, but i can see it at the french and then taking advantage of the wildcards at wimbledon by winning a round or two and then qualifying again at the USO