PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone as excited as I am about the YEC?

DavyJone96431
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:35 AM
Every match will be sooo gooooooddddd! I can't wait!!!

Possible match-ups I wanna see are:

Momo vs Sharapova
JHH vs Sharapova
Hingis vs Sharapova
Hingis vs JHH
Clijsters vs Sharapova
Clisjters vs Momo
Dementieva vs JHH
Dementieva vs Sharapova
Kuznetsova vs JHH
Kuznetsova vs Hingis
Petrova vs Sharapova
Petrova vs JHH
Petrova vs Momo

Ben.
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:42 AM
yes, i think nearly every1 in this forum is excited about the YEC i would presume. i'am one them & i cannot wait 2 see kim possibly play justine & the rest of the elite eight 2 see how she copes against the world's best :D

Kunal
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:52 AM
not really

lilimi
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:23 AM
i am.i hope all players will be fit!

bellascarlett
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:26 AM
*raises hand*

Can't wait for the Championships to start! :bounce:

fufuqifuqishahah
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:33 AM
kind of.... some potentially very interestng matches

Justine v. Sharapova
Justine v. Momo
Justine v. Kim
Justine v. Dementieva
Justine v. Kuznetsova
Justine v. Hingis
Sharapova v. Momo
Sharapova v. Kim
Sharapova v. Dementieva
Sharapova v. Kuznetsova
Sharapova v. Hingis
Sharapova v. Petrova
Momo v. Kuznetsova
Momo v. Hingis
Kim v. Dementieva
Kim v. Hingis
Dementieva v. Kuznetsova
Dementieva v. Hingis
Dementieva v. Petrova
Kuznetsova v. Hingis
etc.

lol

barryproudfoot
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:35 AM
yeah it will be good, but it won't be the best ever :p

Kimster
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:03 AM
Guilty as charged. :wavey:

Beny
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:14 AM
I am very excited...
Dementieva - Henin-Hardenne
Dementieva - Sharapova,Mauresmo,petrova or Hingis.......
I`m looking forward to all matches ;)

Aaron68
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:23 AM
I am thrilled. I can't wait.

The way I look at it, of the 8 players, 6 have won Slams. 16 Slams, in fact. These are definitely the best 8 players in the world, right now.

There is still a battle over #1. And anything could happen. The matches should be tough and competitive.

Dexter
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:51 AM
As always, hoping for Justine to collect one of the missing big titles! :D

Aaron68
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:03 AM
This site (http://www.tennisinsight.com/tournamentid061016%20Madrid%20TMS.htm) has this to say about court speed here:

Rated: 8.9
Percentile vs. all courts: 15.74%
Percentile vs. Indoor courts: 46.91%

Apparently, the lower the number, the faster the surface.

I have NO idea how reliable this site is. I just found the info while searching on Google, since this is the same place they play the ATP Masters event.

frenchie
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:08 AM
No

the only players I like are Hingis and Dementieva

I don't hate Kuznetsova, Petrova and Clijsters

but the other 3........

Ben.
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:10 AM
This site (http://www.tennisinsight.com/tournamentid061016%20Madrid%20TMS.htm) has this to say about court speed here:

Rated: 8.9
Percentile vs. all courts: 15.74%
Percentile vs. Indoor courts: 46.91%

Apparently, the lower the number, the faster the surface.

I have NO idea how reliable this site is. I just found the info while searching on Google, since this is the same place they play the ATP Masters event.

thanks 4 the info. so i presume the surface in madrid is slow. am i right, any 1correct me if i'm wrong.

Grice
Oct 31st, 2006, 11:11 AM
no lindsay :(

Kimster
Oct 31st, 2006, 11:43 AM
I don't hate Kuznetsova, Petrova and Clijsters

LOL!!

Nicely put! :)

I'm gonna withdraw now and think about my feelings towards you..... :tape:

Peace! :wavey: :angel:

P_Fer
Oct 31st, 2006, 11:48 AM
I'm so excited! I've never followed YEC so I'm like a YEC virgin:haha:

Beny
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:30 PM
Does anybody know WHEN EXACTLY will be the groups released??
Let`s count down..:)

John.
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:09 PM
I am so excited. Which they would release the groups.

Viktymise
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:12 PM
Cant wait but really just because lena's there :D

Wayn77
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah I'm excited.:bounce:
Hopefully everybody's fit and raring to go, some potential top match-up's and some serious ass will be kicked courtside!

perseus2006
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:31 PM
Does anybody know WHEN EXACTLY will be the groups released??
Let`s count down..:)

Don't know exactly! But, since this week's tournaments count in the accumulated points, I suppose the draw will be Sunday night after play is completed or Monday morning.

This year these late tournaments do not impact the YEC entrants, so in reality, the draw could be made now. But I think they will stand to formality.

vejh
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:38 PM
I am very excited actually. But I fear I won't be able to watch. I thought the outdoor channel would broadcast it, but I don't see it on Yahoo's tv schedule. Anyone know where to find out who will be broadcasting the championships live in the US?

perseus2006
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:45 PM
The YEC is televised by VERSUS, not TTC.

Go here to see if you have VERSUS - it's the old Outdoor Living Channel and owned by Comcast. It is also part of some Satelite companies.

http://www.versus.tv/findversus/

A lot of people aren't even aware thay have it!

The coverage is tremendous! Every match will be televised -

TUESDAY
11/7/2006
12:00PM - 2:00PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Day One: Round Robin - First Match
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. TUESDAY
11/7/2006
2:00PM - 4:00PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Day One: Round Robin - Second Match
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. TUESDAY
11/7/2006
4:00PM - 6:00PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Day One: Round Robin - Third Match
11/7/2006
10:30PM - 12:00AMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Day One: Best Match of the Day
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. WEDNESDAY
11/8/2006
Day Two: Round Robin - First Match
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. WEDNESDAY
11/8/2006
Day Two: Round Robin - Second Match
11/8/2006
Day Two: Round Robin - Third Match
11/8/2006
11:00PM - 12:00AMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Day Two: Best Match of the Day
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. THURSDAY
11/9/2006
12:00AM - 12:30AMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Day Two: Best Match of the Day
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. THURSDAY
11/9/2006
Day Three: Round Robin - First Match
11/9/2006
Day Three: Round Robin - Second Match
11/9/2006
Day Three: Round Robin - Third Match
11/9/2006
11:00PM - 12:00AMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Day Three: Best Match of the Day
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. FRIDAY
11/10/2006
12:00AM - 12:30AMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Day Three: Best Match of the Day
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. FRIDAY
11/10/2006
Day Four: Round Robin - First Match
11/10/2006
Day Four: Round Robin - Second Match
11/10/2006
Day Four: Round Robin - Third Match
11/10/2006
6:00PM - 7:30PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Day Four: Best Match of the Day
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain.

SATURDAY
11/11/2006
5:30PM - 7:00PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Semifinals - First Match
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. SATURDAY
11/11/2006
7:00PM - 9:00PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Semifinals - Second Match
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. SUNDAY
11/12/2006
6:00PM - 8:00PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Finals
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. SATURDAY
11/11/2006
5:30PM - 7:00PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Semifinals - First Match
11/11/2006
7:00PM - 9:00PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Semifinals - Second Match
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain. SUNDAY
11/12/2006
6:00PM - 8:00PMSONY ERICSSON WTA CHAMPS (TV-NR)
Finals
The Sony Ericsson Championships will gather the top eight singles players and top four doubles teams from the regular 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season, as they battle it out for the season-ending titles and a share of the $3-million prize purse. The Sony Ericsson Championships take place November 7th through November 12th in Madrid, Spain.

Aaron68
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:47 PM
I am very excited actually. But I fear I won't be able to watch. I thought the outdoor channel would broadcast it, but I don't see it on Yahoo's tv schedule. Anyone know where to find out who will be broadcasting the championships live in the US?

It is the Outdoor Life Network, only it changed names. :) Now it is VersusTV.

Go here to see the schedule, and such: http://www.versus.tv/nw/article/view/22170/?UserDef=true&catID=76

Hope that helps.

vejh
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks. I realize I was confusing outdoor life channel (now Versus) with Outdoor channel. I think I have it; my cable company (cablevision) definitely carries it. The coverage is tremendous indeed.lol. can't wait.

sweetpeas
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:53 PM
My Jenny Venus Serena ,not there! So i can wait.I will watch."Love tennis!

No.1Hingis
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:01 PM
Im ...

I had a lot time without following tennis.. so this season everything starts ok.. Martina was playing.. and is in YEC.. so..

Damn.. I dont have Versus channel.. my tv cable is cablevision too.. but dont get it.. AWWW!!!! if you have news .. that can help us to follow matches by internet.. just let us know..

Ferosh
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:06 PM
*raises hand*

Can't wait for the Championships to start! :bounce:

:banana:

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:39 PM
no.

Ellery
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:47 PM
I am really excited about the YEC doubles :p

mashamaniac
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:57 PM
well,i think %90 of fans are as excited as you are,even soem of 'em(like myself) more than you are!i like to see a semi match-up between masha and momo again,so that maria's able to get her own revenge of last year's semi defeat.

V-MAC
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:11 PM
no. I just want this season to end already :mad: :(

faste5683
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:36 PM
Hell yeah...I'm dancing in the street, filled with a frenzied anticipation for some of these potential match-ups!! I'm so happy for all of you whose fave made it into the competetion.:D

:wavey:

morningglory
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:46 PM
*Yawn* 90% of us Masha fans know our girl's gonna take the title! :rocker2 ;)

winone23
Nov 1st, 2006, 09:43 PM
Nope, Madrid doesn't have my interest. Women's Tennis has been blah lately.

Buitenzorg
Nov 1st, 2006, 09:44 PM
I am excited too :bounce:

Lefty.
Nov 1st, 2006, 10:45 PM
I am VERY excited! :D :bounce: 3 of my favorites battling it out for #1 at the end of the year!

Derek.
Nov 1st, 2006, 10:53 PM
Nicole didn't make it so I'm not as excited as I was 2 months ago. :sad:

IceHock
Nov 1st, 2006, 10:54 PM
Good luck to Martina, Amelie, and Elena!!!

jenny161185
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:27 PM
im looking forward to it - I want to see if Martina can take down Sharapova again on a fast surface :) also love to see Justin V Hingis and Clijsters V Sharapova

LUXXXAS
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:32 PM
any signs of excitement... :tape:

AJZ.
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:38 PM
I'm sort of anxious... because I *hope* it will be quality tennis.
It probably won't be though :sad:

(and I'd be more excited if Ai and Daniela had qualified :p)

anlavalle
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:49 PM
Yes I`m :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :rocker2: , but i `m not gonna be able to see it because there is no coverage on cable here :fiery: , but i hope you guys keep me update with videos in youtube :wavey: :bigwave: