PDA

View Full Version : Asian Hopman Cup

Sabatinifan
Oct 31st, 2006, 04:02 AM
Asian Hopman Cup:

Asian Hopman Cup from November 22

Principal Correspondent

HYDERABAD: Sania Mirza and Leander Paes may not figure in the Doha Asian Games competitions as mixed doubles partners, but will in all probability represent India in the Asian Hopman Cup championship to be held at the SAAP Tennis Complex here from November 22 to 26, according to official sources in the State Government.

The sources informed The Hindu that the $61,000 prize money tournament would see the top six Asian nations competing for honours.

The event assumes significance, as the winner will join the seven best nations in the main event to be held in Perth, Australia, in January 2007, which is the official mixed team championship on the International Tennis Federation calendar.

The winner here will collect $20,000 and the runner-up $12,000. According to J.R. Anand, Principal Secretary, Y & AT, the State Government has taken up the event in a systematic manner and as a part of the MoU, the commitment from its side includes taking care of prize money and also the hospitality.

The competing teams include China, Japan, Chinese Taipei, Thailand and Uzbekistan besides the host. The Chief Minister, Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy, will draw the lots on November 22.

Any guesses as to who will be playing for the other teams? I hope Iroda plays for Uzbek

FaceyFacem
Oct 31st, 2006, 04:19 AM
gotta think tammy and paradorn for thailand (maybe udomchoke instead)
chinese taipei will be y-t wang for the men and ? for the women... japan gotta assume ai and takao suzuki
china there are tons of women to pick, few men to pick

chewy
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:38 AM
gotta think tammy and paradorn for thailand (maybe udomchoke instead)
chinese taipei will be y-t wang for the men and ? for the women... japan gotta assume ai and takao suzuki
china there are tons of women to pick, few men to pick

i think its been comfirmed that taiwan will be represented by Ti chen n his sister as partner. so no Yeu-Tzuoo Wang, or yung-jan chan.

Привет
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:46 AM
Yep Yi and Ti Chen for Chinese Taipei. I hope Iroda for Uzbekistan too.

Slumpsova
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:53 AM
i don't think many top asian players bother to play. this event is too closed to Asian Games where is much more important for them.