PDA

View Full Version : Maria

womensrights
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:05 AM
How long has that Joyce been with Maria? And wasn't he a good player?

Wayn77
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:06 AM
who?

P_Fer
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:31 AM
Micheal Joyce?

.david.
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:56 AM
Michael Joyce was a Top20 Player. So yeah

Dan23
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:20 AM
Mike been working with Maria since late 2004

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:25 AM

Tubby has let himself go then :tape: Props though, because it's obvious he's better for Maria's elite career than was Lansdorp

Dan23
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:30 AM
Tubby has let himself go then :tape: Props though, because it's obvious he's better for Maria's elite career than was Lansdorp
agreed

bellascarlett
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:01 AM

I didn't know he was top 20. nice. :)

Barrie_Dude
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:15 AM
I am Maria's manwore!

Dan23
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:22 AM
I am Maria's manwore!
swap "I am" for "I wish I was" :o

vogus
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:22 AM

i call bullshit on that. Joyce's best ranking was around #60, and he wasn't there long either. He spent most of his career in the 150-250 range playing the USTA challenger circuit.

Boss monkey
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:27 AM

it says on the atp website Michael Joyce highest ranking was 64 in singles and 181 in doubles.

Barrie_Dude
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:31 AM
swap "I am" for "I wish I was" :o
The truth is that I wish I were too:o

womensrights
Oct 31st, 2006, 04:34 AM
amazing someone can last that long with Yuriy! But whatever is going on it surely is working!

Ben.
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:48 AM

Looks like u were wrong there bout his ranking as indicated by another post that his career high ranking was actually 64.

DavyJone96431
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:20 AM
Well I guess 64 isn't that bad. at least he's working with someone who is #1 now

Belgium = Best
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Wich Maria??
This one??
http://www.kanaaltwee.be/schoonenmeedogenloos/images/sien_maria.jpghttp://www.vtm.be/tv/header/schoon_meedogenloos01.jpg

Russianboy90
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:08 PM
I saw Lansdorp in Maria's Box during the US Open 2005

Sharakim
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
I saw Lansdorp in Maria's Box during the US Open 2005
I did too. I haven't seen him since. I believe he was fired soon after that tournment.

Ben.
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:11 PM
I did too. I haven't seen him since. I believe he was fired soon after that tournment.

what did he get fired 4? sorry if don't no all the details.

Sharakim
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
what did he get fired 4? sorry if don't no all the details.
I read somewhere that he and Yuri had a fight over Yuri yelling during Maria's matches. That was the end of Robert I'm afraid.

tennis-master83
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
I read somewhere that he and Yuri had a fight over Yuri yelling during Maria's matches. That was the end of Robert I'm afraid.

ROBERT LANDSDORP made MARIA a Great champion and she needs to be grateful to him, personally i think Maria has nothing to do with this, her father fired him this is a fact!

senorgato
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Michael Joyce was a decent junior player, but got nowhere on the pro level. I remember watching him at the US Open in 1996 against Paul Haarhuis, and I swear the man hit softer than most of the women. So, I'm a little baffled at why he's Maria's hitting partner.

Ben.
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:42 PM

thanks. not that surprised about the situation.

Ben.
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
ROBERT LANDSDORP made MARIA a Great champion and she needs to be grateful to him, personally i think Maria has nothing to do with this, her father fired him this is a fact!

yes i would agree with u there. maria's not the one 2 blame but her father. her father must be such a big influence in her life good or bad. suppose that's why she gets some of the critics & the haters on her back.

tennis-master83
Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:57 PM
yes i would agree with u there. maria's not the one 2 blame but her father. her father must be such a big influence in her life good or bad. suppose that's why she gets some of the critics & the haters on her back.

She ignores the critics and she is very close to her father she can't go to a tournament without him.

Ben.
Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
She ignores the critics and she is very close to her father she can't go to a tournament without him.

true. wonder what would happen if her father wasn't there with her while she's playing a match. but then again she's so mentally as tough as nails that she wouldn't worry bout it 2 much.

tennis-master83
Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:08 PM
true. wonder what would happen if her father wasn't there with her while she's playing a match. but then again she's so mentally as tough as nails that she wouldn't worry bout it 2 much.

If you watched her playing i must have been noticed when she is down she looks shy at her father and after that she gains some confidence, i'm telling you she has a fragil personality!

Ben.
Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:11 PM
If you watched her playing i must have been noticed when she is down she looks shy at her father and after that she gains some confidence, i'm telling you she has a fragil personality!

ok

Kunal
Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
??joyce??

jacobruiz
Nov 3rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
??joyce??

Heh, heh.:lol:

Kunal, you crack me up sometimes.

perseus2006
Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
I can't find the article but Lansdorp was fired more for tennis strategy than his grab to be Pova's main coach. Lansdorp wanted Pova to stay at the base line whereas Yuri wanted Pova to move into the court to attack the ball.

Yuri was right!

womensrights
Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:27 PM
Its very strange. When Maria traveled the world with her dad and Maricio Hadad, Robert Lansdorp always got credit as being her coach. Never one word about Hadad. And If I recall she won Wimbledon. Was hadad just her hitting partner. Now that lansdorp out of the picture all the credit goes to her dad as being her coach. Once again no mention of Michael Joyce. Hadad and Joyce were both very good players on the tour and I'm sure have a lot more expierience knowing how to play matches than Lansdorp or her Dad who no one even knows if either one can even play tennis. It looks to me like whoever has the biggest egos are the ones who are Marias Coach!

jacobruiz
Nov 3rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
Its very strange. When Maria traveled the world with her dad and Maricio Hadad, Robert Lansdorp always got credit as being her coach. Never one word about Hadad. And If I recall she won Wimbledon. Was hadad just her hitting partner. Now that lansdorp out of the picture all the credit goes to her dad as being her coach. Once again no mention of Michael Joyce. Hadad and Joyce were both very good players on the tour and I'm sure have a lot more expierience knowing how to play matches than Lansdorp or her Dad who no one even knows if either one can even play tennis. It looks to me like whoever has the biggest egos are the ones who are Marias Coach!

Actually, there is plenty of mention of Michael Joyce.:shrug:

womensrights
Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:40 PM
Never anything good. Only Bananas!