PDA

View Full Version : Rate your faves' achievement from what your expectation in the beginning of the year

Slumpsova
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Nicole (8.5/10) finish the year at top ten and beats Mauresmo twice is great achievement :banana:

Ana (7/10) a bit disappointing 'cuz i thought she will crack into top ten but at least she got Tier I title :woohoo:

Anna C (6.5/10) Anna was really poor the first six months but she managed to breakthrough finally. good for her :D

Tammy (6.5/10) Tammy surprised me. i always think she come to the end of the road even she never talked about retirement. out of a sudden she came back to top 100 and being #74 right now :eek:

Misa (6/10) 2 titles is not bad for Misa since she's got a lot of bad draws :(

Kim (5/10) Kim broke my heart :sad: i've never expected Kim to have such poor career after her golden 2005 :tape:

Peng (5/10) what a bad year for my little Pengy with all those personal problems and injuries :help:

OTHERS
Azarenka (6/10)
Paszek (8/10)
King (7.5/10)
Linetskaya (0/10) :o :sad:

jelenaROCKS
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:58 PM
dokic -0.00001 :sad: but fingers crossed for next year

Wiggly
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Iveta 1/10
Daniela 6/10

The Daviator
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Lindsay - 2/10 :sad:

-sugi-
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Sugi - 6.5/10 Some really good highlights like the Doha Semi and Miami Quarter Final but some real low points as well and a disgusting start to the year :sad:

Wayn77
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Petrova: 9/10

Mauresmo: 9/10

Myskina: 4/10 :sad:

Dementieva: 6/10

Jankovic: 9/10

Schnyder: 4/10 :sad:

Dexter
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Ana 6/10 - I hoped, expected a bit better from this year. Some good wins followed by disappointing losses, but I never lose faith in her :)
Justine 6/10 - should have won that Wimbledon! :bigcry: :mad: + injuries :help: :sobbing: will get +1 if she ends 2006 as #1 :angel:
Aga 8/10 - I didn't expect her to burst onto the scene as fast as she did - keep rockin' Isia :bowdown:

Milli
Masha- 9/10 got her second slam woohoo,i wish she won wimbledon but oh well;)

Ana- 8/10 Still can't get that top 10,but won a tier one :bounce:

Jelena- 7.5/10 A really disappointing first half of the season,but a great second half:worship:

sapir1434
my rate :bowdown:

!<blocparty>!
Lindsay - 2/10 :sad:

0/10.

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Hingis 7/10. I wasn't suprised with how well she done, as I believed she could. She has had a few disappointments this year, as has everyone, so I won't be too harsh on her :p

Aaron68
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Martina Hingis: 8/10. Seriously, I would have loved a Slam title, but realistically a Tier I title, a trip to the YEC, and ensconsement in the Top-10 should be beyond all expectations. Three-plus years off of the Tour, and Martina is still one of the best players in the world. Way to go. A weaker second half of the season kept this from being a 9/10.

Maria Sharapova: 9/10. I would have liked another Slam to go with the US Open. But, her second half of the season is pretty much un-matched. US Open, 3 Tier I's, 1 Tier II, a 16 match winning streak, and a chance to end the year at #1 with a win at the YEC -- all at the age of 19. Only another Slam could have pushed it to 10/10.

So, overall, my favorite players had wonderful years, and they will both be at the YEC. The wonderfullness may continue.

AJZ.
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Sugi - 6.5/10 Some really good highlights like the Doha Semi and Miami Quarter Final but some real low points as well and a disgusting start to the year :sad:

I'd give her a 7 :)
The start of the year was disgusting, but she turned it around, you know? SF in Doha, Miami QF, Wimbledon 4R (upset Hingis :worship:), USO 3R, and Seoul F...
And a Grand Slam final in doubles.

But it could've been better, I agree... I'm happy she's going to play 2007 and possibly more :) She's such a nice lady, such a hardworker so I hope 2007 is her year to reward her for all the hard work ^^

Vera had a nice year, two GS (Wimbledon Mixed and USO Women's Dubs), the Hingis comeback was really great, Elena D was.. well, wishy-washy :tape: Myskina wasn't very present :sad: Mary wasn't either :sad:

But Jie completely won me over ^^ Beat Myskina for the Stockholm title, won two women's doubles Slams (Australian Open was just so inspirational... saving 5 MP's with Yan... and Wimbledon was great ;)) and just overall a great year ^^ 8.5/10

Viktymise
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:08 PM
lenaD 6/10, despite winningher 1st tier 1 and having another title to her name its all about the slams this yr that made it dissapointing still some good wins tho

Vee 2/10, the clay court season wasnt bad everything else though :o plus all the injuries

Tszveti 9/10, never thought that after last yr pretty much playing nearly all in challengers she would beat Vee in her 1st slam match ever :eek: the only dissapointment not following up her big wins and losing to players younger than herself :(

Sprem 4/10, Had a great Wimbledon and RG but everything else was dissapointing, lots of injuries

Kutuzova, 5/10 started the yr off well getting to the 3rd round of indian wells and looking like she wasgonna break top 50 but since Wimbledon :help: gave lenaD a good match on phillipe chatrier at RG tho

Slumpsova
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:20 PM
i don't know why i forgot Serena :o

Serena (7/10) she's done pretty well in all those exhibitions, well i have to say there were exhibitions since i have no idea if she will play any tournaments in 2007 :p it's gonna be weird that this is the first year in ages that Serena's got no title but who cares? at least she came back playing :bounce:

Pengwin
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Gross gross gross gross gross disappointment :sad:

1/10 :smash:

No Name Face
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:46 PM
elena dementieva 5/10 --- she picked up a couple of titles, but didn't do much this year.

serena williams 7/10 --- she came back. that makes me happy. :)

Alicia Rocks
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Alicia - 9/10 considering she wasn't meant to play this year so I had no expectations :p

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Anne Keothavong gets a big fat 0 for being pants :p

MH0861
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Lindsay 0/10.

LDF
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Lindsay 0/10.

Yep. :sad:

FrenchY52
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Tatiana 7/10 She did great things when she wasn't injured, first GS 1/4, first TierII final, but still .. 2 ankle sprains :(

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Dokic 1/10 - lost 2 matches on WTA level in Australia despite the fact that she should have won both, then played a few more challengers and disappeared for the rest of the year. And of course the heartbreaking loss to Stevenson at Wimbly quallies (another match she should have won)

Sprem 4/10 - disappointing ranking, no title, no huge wins, various injuries, still inconsistent. She did have a nice RG and Wimbly as someone mentioned, but thats pretty much it

Mirza 4/10 - just a disappointing year altogether, really erratic play, no huge results. Only one really great win against Hingis in Soeul, but couldnt follow it up

MH0861
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Hingis 8/10, Pierce 2/10, Kirilenko 2/10... it has been a bleak year for my favorites.

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Masha 9.5/10 Seriously I was not expecting her bursts at IW or SD nor the easy USO wins over Juju and Momo... She's gonna have to have one heck of a year to earn 9.5 for 07 now since my expectations have gone up

Makiri 2/10 Aside from a good start, the rest is really forgettable! Come back strong, Makiri!

Nadia 9/10 Nice year. A slam SF was expected from her tho... but overall a very impressive clay season. Had it not been for that injury...

Nicky 5/10 Pretty much 50th percentile here... I didn't expect any brilliancies in 06 since it's too soon... her time will come

Tati 7/10 better than expected, I suppose. Nothing too spectacular but she's certainly improving

Svetlana 8.5/10 RG Final, Miami... B2B titles at B(ali) and B(eijing) I know she's good... but after 05 I lowered my expectations a bit... hence her high score this year... she'll need to work hard if she wants the same score next year

Vera Z 9.5/10 yup I wasn't expecting anything from her... a GS dubs title is awesome! esp as an unseeded pair

Anna C 9/10 MOSCOOOOOOW!

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Anne Keothavong gets a big fat 0 for being pants :p

sorry Pengwin, I'll upgrade Keothavong to a 1 :cool:

up!
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Clijsters 3/10 she did won 2 tournaments and reached 3 SF slam but she had easy draws and didn't play well.

Hingis 10/10 she hadn't played for 3 years so that's great.

Sharapova 10/10 second slam + 4 other titles + double bagel against Mauresmo.

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:17 PM
kim - 6/10, i expected better of her & that stupid wrist injury halted her progress. but she's still had a pretty consistent season (winning 2 tier II titles, reaching 3 slam semis & qualifying for the YEC) & i hope she can do better next year

Aaron68
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Nicky 5/10 Pretty much 50th percentile here... I didn't expect any brilliancies in 06 since it's too soon... her time will come

She did finish the year in the Top-10, though. That's pretty damned good.

iPatty
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Schnyder - 4/10. Really an awful year from Patty. :sad:

Peng - 5/10. She played a lot better as the year progressed, but she was injured too often.

Petrova - 8/10. Nadia really had a great year, but she went through a bad stint.

Safina - 7/10. Dinara had quite a good year, but was inconsistent at times.

Pengwin
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:24 PM
sorry Pengwin, I'll upgrade Keothavong to a 1 :cool:

:D

LindsayRulz
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:50 PM
0/10

hurricanejeanne
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Like the rest of the Lindsay fans, it's a 0/10. :sad:
It's hard to believe in January she was number one in the world...and then...:sad:

I will say this, after she withdrew from Wimbledon, I didn't expect her to ever come back. Ever. I was over the moon when she did come back.
But 2006, in less than a better phrase, fucking sucked. :sad: :sad:

The Daviator
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:56 PM
What did Lindsay fans expect this season? :scratch:

She had respectable results in the Slams she played, and she beat the World #1, so I think she's deserving of a 2, or at least a 1 :p

hurricanejeanne
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM
What did Lindsay fans expect this season? :scratch:

She had respectable results in the Slams she played, and she beat the World #1, so I think she's deserving of a 2, or at least a 1 :p

I don't know about the rest but I personally did not expect her to be a seriously injured this year and be MIA for half the year. I did not expect her rank to fall this far. I knew she'd eventually lose number one, but I thought she'd remain her consistant self, win a couple tournaments, remain top 5. I didn't expect much when she came back. I was just so happy she was back.

This year still fucking sucked though. :p

The Daviator
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I don't know about the rest but I personally did not expect her to be a seriously injured this year and be MIA for half the year. I did not expect her rank to fall this far. I knew she'd eventually lose number one, but I thought she'd remain her consistant self, win a couple tournaments, remain top 5. I didn't expect much when she came back. I was just so happy she was back.

This year still fucking sucked though. :p

Of course, it's not like I'm giving her a 3 :p :lol:

We all knew she'd play a limited schedule this year anyway, she said so at the start, a few titles would have been nice, but did anyone think she was going to win a major?

hurricanejeanne
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Of course, it's not like I'm giving her a 3 :p :lol:

We all knew she'd play a limited schedule this year anyway, she said so at the start, a few titles would have been nice, but did anyone think she was going to win a major?

Yeah, a 3 would be cake right now.
I knew about the limited schedule as she said that was definate at the 05 YEC. But for me that time lost from her injury set her back, way back. Mentally and physically. That's what hurts the most, is losing that time. Even if it was during the clay season. She still missed Wimbledon and Amelia Island and Stanford. Three of her best tournaments. Then you add her not playing the indoors this fall because of whatever her reasons may be and this year has just been a big old mess.

Honestly, I didn't think she was going to win a major after the disappointment of 05, but I will admit if she had a shot, her best shot was Wimbledon.

Derek.
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Hantuchova: 6/10 - She did well at 3/4 slams and had a good indoor season, but everywhere else she did quite poor in. :shrug:

Wozniacki: 9/10 - Won Wimbledon Jrs., made two WTA QF's, and just won a 25K last week. Pretty good for 16 yrs old. :p

Vaidisova: 8/10 - I was really happy with her from from Strasbourg to Montreal. Making the RG SF's was very unexpected and she played so well. She was consistent most of the year and crack the top 10. :D The only thing I was disappointed with, was her play on fast surfaces.

Myskina: 4/10 - Nastya really only did well at Miami, RG, Eastbourne, and Wimbledon. She's been crap since Wimbledon though. :sobbing:

Kirilenko: 4/10 - She had a good start to the year, but ever since the clay season she's been disappointing. :sad:

Pavlyuchenkova: 10/10 - Two Jr. GS singles titles and three Jr. GS doubles titles + #1 ranking. Awesome year. :D I didn't expect this a year ago. :worship:

Chakvetadze: 7/10 - While she had a good ending to 2006, she did poor in the beginning. She had a decent clay and grass season, but she really picked it up on the hardcourts and indoors. :cool:

Azarenka: 5/10 - She had a big win over Vaidisova, made the 3R @ the USO, and made one WTA SF. Besides that she was crap. She blew so many leads that it was heartbreaking. I definitely expected her to have cracked the top 100. Actually, I expected her to be well within the top 100. :(

Cibulkova: 6/10 - She's been inconsistent, but she's played some great tennis here and there. The highlight was definitely winning 75K Bratislavia last week. :)

Aaron68
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Pavlyuchenkova: 10/10 - Two Jr. GS singles titles and three Jr. GS doubles titles + #1 ranking. Awesome year. :D I didn't expect this a year ago.

Great year. She's going to be dangerous.

Even if I can't pronounce her name. :)

brayster87
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:36 PM
lindsay 1.5/10.....disapointing

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Serena 5/10 good that she came back from 6 months so strong, but I expected at least a win @ L.A. and semis or better @ USO, not to mention the fact that she's been MIA this fall :sad: but she's been bsuy w/ more important stuff....HOPEFULLY training

Masha 9/10
Vee 4/10
Shahar 7/10
Mariki 3/10
Lindsay 3/10
Martina 7/10
Vania 7/10 :woohoo: great fall season!

Ellery
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:58 PM
Jie : 9/10. An amazing year, especially after her dismal 0-6 record in the beginning of the year.

pierce0415
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:01 PM
Mary - 0/10 (I had HIGH expectations for this year :sobbing: as she was all set to challenge for WTA #1 ranking)

Na - 8/10

Ryan
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM
I dont see how Serena fans can be dissapointed with her results this year (in the summer anyway), as she was coming back from a long lay-off.

Hingis - 9/10. I wasnt sure what to expect, but winning two titles and getting up in the top 10 again definately wasn't guaranteed. 10/10 if she makes Madrid Semifinals. ;)

Paul.
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:05 PM
i think lindsay has had a better year than everyone is saying

Beny
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:50 PM
6/10Lena D. Every year the only GS I expect Lena to win is Australian Open.I don`t know why but I`m quite optimistic before AO. Lena,of course,lost in the first round... :(
But she finally won her first Tier-I title.
Her GS performances were much worse than I expected...but I couldn`t expect more when I saw her preparation(I mean tournaments before GSs)
She`s won LA.
She`s beaten Justine,Kim,Masha.
The clay season was a disappointment but hopefully the next year will be better.
9/10Justine. Despite her great and consistent results I think she has played a little worse than in 2005. I a little agree with one name of a topic(thread) ''Justine is not that tough anymore''. But I may be just too demanding..:smash:

Beny
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:53 PM
Well,Justine has been playing great. I just wanted her to win(besides RG) either Wimby or US Open...

Kitten63
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:28 PM
masha: 9/10 if not for the dissapointing clay season and the injuries it would have been a ten.

juju:9/10 if she had won one more slam and not for the injuries it would have been a ten.

kim:7/10 she had a good year but the injuries stopped her from winning more.

amelie:9/10 i never expected her to win two slams this year, one yes but not two and again the injuries.