PDA

View Full Version : Shahar Peer: Sharapova is arrogant and antipathetic person

Pages : [1] 2

itzhak
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:28 PM
In an interview today that she made in Israeli television Shahar said that Sharapova is only nice and friendly when there are cameras but not in personal. she reveald that after the match in Zurich, Shahar's mom entered to the gym and said hello to Maria and Yuri but they did not comment. in the morning, Shahar met Yuri and said to him "well done" and again he did not response. according to Shahar this is not the first time so she have no symphathy to mrs. Sharapova. In contrast she said that Roger is very nice person in-court and off-court.

another details from her interview:

1. she doesn't think that she will make the top 10 by the end of next year.
2. she said that Dementieva is stunning and very nice person although it is little annoying her custom of changing clothes between the sets...
3. she had secret boyfriend in the middle of the year but it is over.

Paul.
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:31 PM
In an interview today that she made in Israeli television Shahar said that Sharapova is only nice and friendly when there are cameras but not in personal. she reveald that after the match in Zurich, Shahar's mom entered to the gym and said hello to Maria and Yuri but they did not comment. in the morning, Shahar met Yuri and said to him "well done" and again he did not response. according to Shahar this is not the first time so she have no symphathy to mrs. Sharapova. In contrast she said that Roger is very nice person in-court and off-court.

2. she said that Dementieva is stunning and very nice person although it is little annoying her custom of changing clothes between the sets...3. she had secret boyfriend in the middle of the year but it is over.

that's how i would sum up elena as well :lol:

prepare for world war 3 on this thread though - i hope you emerge alive!!! :bolt:

franny
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Oh how nice of her to try to approach Maria. Maybe Maria was having her period or something? Like maybe she just didn't want to talk, I don't know. There have been people who say she's a nice girl, and people who say she is an unfriendly girl. Who even knows. All I care about is her tennis.

itzhak
This is not my opinion- this is Shahar...I can give you link but it is in Hebrew...

!<blocparty>!
If this is true then :hearts::worship::D

I am now a fan. :p

Helen Lawson
To be honest, Big Masha doesn't look too friendly towards other players even when the camera is on. She's a girl who's out to win in an ultracompetitive industry, few other top players are friendly to each other even with the camera either. I mean, you get tears and thanks and all that bullsit after a slam final, but how often do these girls really look like they're buds when a match is over? Yeah, I thought so. Or maybe Big Masha is a complete bitch, worse than the others. Helen doesn't care either way.

Paul.
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:34 PM
This is not my opinion- this is Shahar...I can give you link but it is in Hebrew...
i know ;)

im not the best at reading hebrew :lol:

Russianboy90
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:35 PM
BiTcH!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

.david.
well these are her opponents she doesnt have to be nice to them.

!<blocparty>!
There have been people who say she's a nice girl.

Who. Everytime I've seen Maria in person she's totally ignored everyone. There was this one instance at Wimbledon where she was walking to practice, the TV camera's were there so she starts signing and smiling... then runs off when they stop filming.

timafi
Shahar i sincerely don't think Maria nor her dad gives a rat's ass what you think of her, no offense dear:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AceTennisGrrrl
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Shahar :tape: :kiss: :lol:

Serge007
Shahar said that...
he-he. and Sharapova never said something wrong about others :-)

Shahar's mom entered to the gym and said hello to Maria and Yuri but they did not comment.
why Shahar's mum didn't say hello to Joyce? :-)

itzhak
i know ;)

im not the best at reading hebrew :lol:

It's easy...well perhaps not so easy :lol:

Myggen
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:37 PM
How come this does not surprise me even one little bit. Pova wants to be like Fed, but personality wise she will have to change everything even to get close...

Pasta-Na
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:37 PM
poor peer :hug:

Paul.
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Shahar i sincerely don't think Maria nor her dad gives a rat's ass what you think of her, no offense dear:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shes not saying it to maria though is she? she's saying it in an interview in a place she is really respected.

this isnt about maria - shahar probably thought maria would never even find out what she said. i think shes just saying her opinion :shrug:

Sharakim
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Shahar i sincerely don't think Maria nor her dad gives a rat's ass what you think of her, no offense dearI concur. :clap2: Maria is a professional tennis player, being nice isn't part of the job.

miffedmax
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Let's focus on what's truly important--praise for Lena D. (even if slightly qualified).

ToeTag
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:40 PM

2. she said that Dementieva is stunning and very nice person although it is little annoying her custom of changing clothes between the sets...

Oooo gooody. Finally some dirt, and hate. :bounce:
And what Helen said...these chicks are not sorority sisters, they're there to win. now lets have some hair pulling!

timafi
shes not saying it to maria though is she? she's saying it in an interview in a place she is really respected.

this isnt about maria - shahar probably thought maria would never even find out what she said. i think shes just saying her opinion :shrug:

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Mightymirza
well its not a surprise is it??

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I think no one really gives a f***ing care about this comments from Shahar, specially MAria the lying bitch.

BUT, HOWEVER, I think this gives us an idea who the person you guys are looking up to and idolize.

Go Shahar!!!

Dexter
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Spot on about LenaD! :yeah:
Shahar :kiss:

Paul.
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:43 PM
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

shahar knows maria doesnt care - thats why she didnt make an effort to let maria know what she thinks of her

Myggen
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I concur. :clap2: Maria is a professional tennis player, being nice isn't part of the job.

But she wants to give the impression of her as a very nice, positive and friendly person, therefore a hipocrite.

CooCooCachoo
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Shahar :yeah: :)

Paul.
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I concur. :clap2: Maria is a professional tennis player, being nice isn't part of the job.

then why does she come across as so 'nice' to the cameras?

Serge007
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:46 PM
because superman1990 watch TV too much :-)

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:46 PM

Its not a job alone of a tennis player but a job for every person.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:47 PM
But she wants to give the impression of her as a very nice, positive and friendly person, therefore a hipocrite.

Bingo.

Sharakim
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:49 PM
But she wants to give the impression of her as a very nice, positive and friendly person, therefore a hipocrite.I don't see it that way. I think she's just being polite to the fans. Who wants their role model to be look mean and "cold" in public? And do you actually believe everything Peer is spilling? Come on, she's a mean bitch too if trashing on Maria is the only way she'll get some media attention.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:50 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Paul.
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I don't see it that way. I think she's just being polite to the fans. Who wants their role model to be look mean and "cold" in public? And do you actually believe everything Peer is spilling? Come on, she's a mean bitch too if trashing on Maria is the only way she'll get some media attention.

isnt she a big star in israel? im sure she gets enough media attention as it is ;)

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I don't see it that way. I think she's just being polite to the fans. Who wants their role model to be look mean and "cold" in public? And do you actually believe everything Peer is spilling? Come on, she's a mean bitch too if trashing on Maria is the only way she'll get some media attention.

exactly! its plastic!!
a phony!!

and I want a genuine good person to idolized and look up to.

tennisrox
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM
*grabs popcorn and puts feet up for optimum viewing comfort*

Sharakim
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:53 PM
exactly! its plastic!!
a phony!!

and I want a genuine good person to idolized and look up to.Okay then. Look up to whatever "good" tennis player the media cooks up for you. Have fun.

tennisrox
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:55 PM
BTW all hail Shahar the bitch, finally some dirt around here! :worship: :yeah:

:inlove:
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:57 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Maria. :inlove: :inlove: :worship: I love you, bitch. :armed:

Poova
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:58 PM
How do we even know Shahar is even telling the truth? :confused: Then again, people on this forum love to find any way to pick at Maria this is their new dirt for the day :lol:

dizoo
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Shahar!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship: :worship:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Okay then. Look up to whatever "good" tennis player the media cooks up for you. Have fun.

Look whos talking? Is'nt it you who accepts that Maria does it only for the media who made her up to be nice?

Sharakim
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Look whos talking? Is'nt it you who accepts that Maria does it only for the media who made her up to be nice?
:lol:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:02 PM
How do we even know Shahar is even telling the truth? :confused: Then again, people on this forum love to find any way to pick at Maria this is their new dirt for the day :lol:

We dont have to prove if its true or not, We are talking about a players opinion of Maria.

RenaSlam.
How can you compare Sharapova and Fed?

Federer is one of the most modest and classy players on either tour...whereas Sharapova "tries" to appear modest and classy but you can see right through it.

Farina Elia Fan

I told everyone she was like this the year she won Wimbledon - she is so fake. Her fans are so stupid to think she actually cares for them

Rocketta
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:03 PM
:haha:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:03 PM

Federer is one of the most modest and classy players on either tour...whereas Sharapova "tries" to appear modest and classy but you can see right through it.

Whoever compares them and put them in the same measure is dead!!!

geoepee
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:04 PM
50 posts in 30 minutes, this one is gonna be a biggie....

Pasta-Na
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:04 PM
well, if people in China like Tennis as much as Badminton or Table Tennis... Maria would be :o Come on, 1.3 billion population support ur own players :p

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:05 PM
You can't blame Maria for being the way she is, look who she was raised by :tape:

MisterMan
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I don't blame Maria one bit for ignoring the cows on the current tour.
Most of them act like ill mannered animals anyway.
Ignore them, Maria. You're a better person anyway.

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:06 PM
You can't blame Maria for being the way she is, look who she was raised by :tape:

:tape:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I don't blame Maria one bit for ignoring the cows on the current tour.
Most of them act like ill mannered animals anyway.
Ignore them, Maria. You're a better person anyway.

yeah, maria is actually an endangered species!

frenchie
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Well nothing new here....

SJW
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:08 PM
I dunno, Sharapova was nice to me in 2003.
Then again, that was before the fame. Since then, she's been cold and aloof to everybody at Wimbledon.
Can't say it's changed my opinion of her though :shrug: Most pretty girls let the attention go to their head. She'll learn.

sapir1434
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:09 PM
No one said it's part of her job, I think Shahar just answered to the question what she thinks about Sharapova. What do you want her to say? :p That Sharapova is a good player? We know it already;)
Shahar :lol: :hug:

Lenafan
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:11 PM
At the Nasdaq, I was amazed at how nice the players were to the kids unlike a sport like baseball. Only exceptions were Roddick and Sharapova. Nicest people were Federer, Hingis, and Lena D.

FrenchY52
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I told everyone she was like this the year she won Wimbledon - she is so fake. Her fans are so stupid to think she actually cares for them
Yeh but they jsut like her because she wins cause it's easy to be a winner's fan.

Slumpsova
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:15 PM
god finally some players said it out loud :lol:
Shahar will be my fave now :D

itzhak
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:17 PM
I want to put it in context: it was 1/2 hour of interview and only 2-3 minutes were about Sharapova. It all started with the famous incident on Shahar second serve (huge thread, remember). Shahar said that she asked the referee to ask Sharapova if she was ready and she was stunned when Maria said that she was ready to play. in this point she described what happend after the match etc....

manu32
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:29 PM
not a fan of sharapova but i saw peer at french open and she was not a model
of kindness .....so it's a lot of honor for a non top player.....it would be so easy for sharapova to respond.....poor and pathetic thread.....

papru
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Sharpa :o

-sugi-
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Well surely when Shahars mother said hello to her and Yuri and when Shahar congratulated her, it would be polite to say hello back:wavey:

Even if not to be best friends, it would still be polite.

franny
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:35 PM

1. She does not try to give the impression of her as nice. She gives the impression that she can be civil.

2. To the poster who said that this gives us an indication to who we idolize, we do not idolize her for her kindness. We have Oprah and Jesus to idolize for that, okay? We idolize her for her competitiveness, spirit, and tennis skills.

3. Maria is nice....to people she likes or cares about. So if she doesn't like you, boohoo. She is not obligated to being nice.

Omg, have you guys heard the song, "I hate everyone" by Get Set Go? I love that song!

IceHock
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:43 PM
personaly it is up to Maria what she wants to do.If she wants to be a bitch to other players then so be it because she only cares about herself and the group around here, I doubt she cares if she has basicly no friends on the tour because tht is her personality.

Jakeev
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Oh how nice of her to try to approach Maria. Maybe Maria was having her period or something? Like maybe she just didn't want to talk, I don't know. There have been people who say she's a nice girl, and people who say she is an unfriendly girl. Who even knows. All I care about is her tennis.

:worship:

FERLKE
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Yeh but they jsut like her because she wins cause it's easy to be a winner's fan.

Martyś
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Yeah, for sure.

The big percent of us, Maria fans, was with her from 2003 year, or even earlier.

So shut up, please.

forever_rafter
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Nie od dzis wiadomo,ze Sharapova to zarozumiala suka :devil:

WIMBLY2004

Do you really think Maria cares to do that? That's not what she wants, she wants to win, that's why her fans love her.

and I want a genuine good person to idolized and look up to.

That's just you, Maria is admired for her champion mentality, fighting spirit and desire to win:worship:

morningglory
she means "Sharapov" or Yuri in that case...

.david.
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Well surely when Shahars mother said hello to her and Yuri and when Shahar congratulated her, it would be polite to say hello back:wavey:

Even if not to be best friends, it would still be polite.

Well maybe they were talking and didnt hear her or they said hello back and Shaharmum dindt understand. And even if they didnt said hello its not that big of a deal.
and about the other thing thats Yuri not Maria. They are not the same Person you know

FrenchY52
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Yeah, for sure.

The big percent of us, Maria fans, was with her from 2003 year, or even earlier.

So shut up, please.

Everybody knew what she was gonna become as she was a very promising junior player. Btw i noticed many persons suddenly became fans after Wimbledon 2004 :rolleyes:

Neptune
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:07 PM
In this case,we not talking about the tennis player,we are talking about the human that she is.And to be not polite is not correct when you're human like anybody.What Maria should be the only human to not respect the rules of politeness?

.david.
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:07 PM

yeah sure we all know that life is so easy as a maria fan on this board:tape:

WIMBLY2004
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Everybody knew what she was gonna become as she was a very promising junior player. Btw i noticed many persons suddenly became fans after Wimbledon 2004 :rolleyes:

So you mean only the fans of players outside top 100 are true fans?:rolleyes:

Fans of top players, promising youngs are all glory hunters?

Uranus
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Well done Shahar :yeah:

LH2HBH
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Sour Grapes :rolleyes:

LoveFifteen
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I'm antipathetic, too. :angel:

P_Fer
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:13 PM
My opinion is that Yuri has had a negative affect on her personality since she has become successful. I have a feeling that Yuri is making her act this way because mabye he thinks being friendly with the other players will weaken her mental drive to beat the other players

Dasha_
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:14 PM
In this case,we not talking about the tennis player,we are talking about the human that she is.And to be not polite is not correct when you're human like anybody.What Maria should be the only human to not respect the rules of politeness?

Maria to be polite? How? A version of photoshop that changes the people from the inside and make their character look better has not been made yet. Untill that, Maria will be Maria, and humans will be humans.....

gumoll
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:15 PM
love you Shahar :kiss:

Martyś
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Nie od dzis wiadomo,ze Sharapova to zarozumiala suka :devil:

Niech ci będzie :devil:

gumoll
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I always knew that cheaterova is a bitch :)

Neptune
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Maria to be polite? How? A version of photoshop that changes the people from the inside and make their character look better has not been made yet. Untill that, Maria will be Maria, and humans will be humans.....

So,great,there are no more responsabilities.People are as they are and don't have to change?Well.........That's supicious as mind.

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I'm antipathetic, too. :angel:

didn't notice that :tape:

the word is "antipathic", thread starter :o

manu32
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:23 PM
i agree "anti pathetic" is curious....but interesting....

adam_ads_n
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Great from Shahar :)

Rocketta
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:24 PM
didn't notice that :tape:

the word is "antipathic", thread starter :o

ah actually the thread started probably meant what they wrote as that word means...

1.opposed, averse, or contrary; having or showing antipathy: They were antipathetic to many of the proposed changes

:o :o :o

Coffee&TV
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:25 PM
So many post in only a minute. Keep on winning Masha I don't care what people saying about yah.

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:27 PM
:o
so really...
I know it's symPATHETIC
I guess the opposite would be antiPATHETIC as well :o

still Anti-pathetic was prob what 0-15 meant

Rocketta
i agree "anti pathetic" is curious....but interesting....

not as curious as the fact that clearly some posters just assumed the thread starter was wrong because they have never seen the word before as opposed to looking the word up first before saying something. :tape:

treufreund
At the Nasdaq, I was amazed at how nice the players were to the kids unlike a sport like baseball. Only exceptions were Roddick and Sharapova. Nicest people were Federer, Hingis, and Lena D.

Why am I not surprised? Roddick and Sharapova can have each other. :mad::mad::mad:

HINGIS, FEDERER and LENA D. :):hearts::angel:

Maria Croft
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Jealousy is such an ugly thing :lol:

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:28 PM
geez maria must really like gettin all the attention. arrogant or not arrogant i still like 2 watch her tennis. every1's gettin bitchy here i suppose.

gumoll
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:29 PM
go to h*** Maria :rocker:

Martyś
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:30 PM
go to hell Maria :rocker:

And win more slams :p

gumoll
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:30 PM
And win more slams :p

maybe :p

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:31 PM

So shut up, please.

:spit:

Coffee&TV
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I'll come with her on hell. lolz

Rocketta
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:32 PM
:o
so really...
I know it's symPATHETIC
I guess the opposite would be antiPATHETIC as well :o

still Anti-pathetic was prob what 0-15 meant

really?? What do you base that on? :confused:

Martyś
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:33 PM
:spit:

What is so funny ?

Ben.

true, too true :tape:

i'm not that surprised that there's negative feedback placed on maria. i mean something like this was gonna happen anyway 2 her. but i don't think she'd be worrying about this though.

LoveFifteen
not as curious as the fact that clearly some posters just assumed the thread starter was wrong because they have never seen the word before as opposed to looking the word up first before saying something. :tape:

I told you I was antipathetic, and I meant it, bitch! :p

franny
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:34 PM
So,great,there are no more responsabilities.People are as they are and don't have to change?Well.........That's supicious as mind.

May I remind you that you are juding one person solely on what you have heard about her. What you know about her is minimal. You go on the streets, and how many people are rude to you? A guy flicks you off while driving. A waitress gives you attitude. You think to yourself, man that person is a jerk. But yet you do not know that person. That person may be nice elsewhere. That person may be nice to just certain people. No human being is perfect. Not every single human being can be nice at all times. We have heard but a maximum of 5-6 testimony about a woman who has hundreds of dealings a week. We hear the bad because that is what people want to hear. On the news, how many tragedies do we hear about? How many deaths? How many accidents? How many bad people? And yet do you lose faith in mankind in our constant exposure of the bad by the media? No, because we understand that there is good out there. It may not be broadcasted, and it may not be reported on the news, but good is out there. The same can be said of Maria. People report the bad on her, but how many people really find it juicy enough to come in here and post something nice that she did? How many reporters go and write nice things about her? They don't want that, they are not going to report it because no one cares when a celebrity is nice. I just do not think that people should judge a soul before knowing them personally, or at least have been acquainted with her. She can be the sweetest person in the world to those she loves. Isn't that what being a human is about? To cherish and give love to those who you care about? Do we all constantly make an effort to be nice to everyone, even the people we don't like? No, but we are not bad people for it. We are only human.

OZTENNIS
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Maria's a bitch, we all no that...what u don't understand? Well let me pan it out for u...

1) that shreaking is clearly to distract the other player
2) she is coached by her father from the stands during a match
3) her preencing and prancing around the tennis court is sickly
4) her constant fist pumping and come ons is offensive when her opponent (ie Golovin at Miami) is injured
5) she is so fake in public that its obvious, good on shahar for speaking the truth!

Hayato
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Shahar :hearts:

forever_rafter
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Maria's a bitch, we all no that...what u don't understand? Well let me pan it out for u...

4) her constant fist pumping and come ons is offensive when her opponent (ie Golovin at Miami) is injured
5) she is so fake in public that its obvious, good on shahar for speaking the truth!

:yeah:

Coffee&TV
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Wow we are now on page 8. :haha:

Sha_ra_po_va
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:39 PM
shahar peer has just gone down, way down, in my estimations if she really said these things. I saw her as a tough, no-nonsense, hard battling (ex-army?), competitor, who was on the way up and liked a challenge. If this is really her take on life in the modern game of women's tennis she is a pussy...and deserves to get shunned!

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I'm waiting for the usual contributors: bis2806, hk_andy and such...
so far they haven't shown up...

Martyś
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:40 PM

I miss them.

OZTENNIS
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:41 PM
shahar peer has just gone down, way down, in my estimations if she really said these things. I saw her as a tough, no-nonsense, hard battling (ex-army?), competitor, who was on the way up and liked a challenge. If this is really her take on life in the modern game of women's tennis she is a pussy...and deserves to get shunned!

if u think shahar has 'gone down, way down' than i hate to wonder what u think of sharapova:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:42 PM
betcha this thread will go up 2 at least page 20 the way things r goin.

Coffee&TV
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:43 PM
They will be in here in any minutes. lol

Aaron68
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I'm a little older than some of the people here, and my favorite player used to be John McEnroe. Now, you want to talk about someone who was (he's changed) a wolrd-class asshole? That's Johnny Mac. Spoiled rotten, he had a sense of entitlement that was unmatched. He was boorish, aloof, a complete jerk both on and off the court.

Now, he's mellowed a lot. And pretty much everyone likes him. But the time was he was a lightning rod. But I loved watching him play tennis. There was no one like him. He was amazing. But I never wanted to *be* like him (except as a tennis player, of course).

People have weird expectations of athletes. Most athletes are just like most non-athletes. They have friends and loved ones, and they goof around, and go to work, and take vacations. Maria is no different. She strikes me as regular teenage girl when she gives interviews, or what not. I don't think she is mean or anything else. Is she driven? Yeah, absolutely. But that's why most of her fans like her: her fierce competitiveness. She has a singular dedication to succeed.

And that's refreshing to those of us who love the sport. In an age of "Oh, I'm gonna retire soon," and "Maybe I'll play next year," and players showing up to major tournaments thirty pounds overweight and blah blah blah ... it's nice to see someone who wants to get to the top, stay there, and is willing to do everything required to see that happen.

One thing that Maria needs to be careful of which most of the WTA players don't is the fact that she is incredibly wealthy. And when you suddenly become very wealthy, lots of people all of a sudden want to be your best bud 4eva'! She is more than likely wary of this sort of phenomenon. And I don't blame her.

Now, I don't know Maria Sharapova personally. But I will say something here which is just my impression, from watching her in all sorts of circumstances, and having been a student of people for almost four decades: I actually think Maria is a bit shy. Laugh all you want. But I think being on the tennis court is probably a relief for her, to some extent. It's home. It's a place where nothing more is expected of her than hitting a ball past her opponent.

I'm sure Maria is a nice friend. There's never been anything to indicate she is anything beyond what a person in her place would likely be. Actually, I wish she were a bit more bitchy (a la Hingis, my other fave, and Queen of the Bitches) in some ways. But there's no doubting her intensity, her prowess, and her dedication. If the entire Top-10 of the WTA were as dedicated as Masha, we would see some great tennis on a regular basis.

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:44 PM
betcha this thread will go up 2 at least page 20 the way things r goin.

I'll take it! This thread SHOULD get locked b4 then I think! :unsure:
Whaddya wanna wager?

Jakeev
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:45 PM
May I remind you that you are juding one person solely on what you have heard about her. What you know about her is minimal. You go on the streets, and how many people are rude to you? A guy flicks you off while driving. A waitress gives you attitude. You think to yourself, man that person is a jerk. But yet you do not know that person. That person may be nice elsewhere. That person may be nice to just certain people. No human being is perfect. Not every single human being can be nice at all times. We have heard but a maximum of 5-6 testimony about a woman who has hundreds of dealings a week. We hear the bad because that is what people want to hear. On the news, how many tragedies do we hear about? How many deaths? How many accidents? How many bad people? And yet do you lose faith in mankind in our constant exposure of the bad by the media? No, because we understand that there is good out there. It may not be broadcasted, and it may not be reported on the news, but good is out there. The same can be said of Maria. People report the bad on her, but how many people really find it juicy enough to come in here and post something nice that she did? How many reporters go and write nice things about her? They don't want that, they are not going to report it because no one cares when a celebrity is nice. I just do not think that people should judge a soul before knowing them personally, or at least have been acquainted with her. She can be the sweetest person in the world to those she loves. Isn't that what being a human is about? To cherish and give love to those who you care about? Do we all constantly make an effort to be nice to everyone, even the people we don't like? No, but we are not bad people for it. We are only human.

Excellent post as usual. Fact is, Maria is just getting the same riot act that the Williams sisters, Jennifer Capriati, Justine Henin Hardenne and Martina Hingis got and often still get all the time.

Hell, have heard very few nice things about Anastasia Rodianova.

People want to judge so let them judge. If Shahar feels that way about Maria than so be it. I am sure there are those that can't stand Peer either.

In about seven years, Maria is probably still going to get these types of threads, but believe me, some new hot shot will be getting it worse.

franny

1. Seles is a bitch then too.
2. Justine, Nadal, and basically 60% of the players: bigger bitches
3. Running and skipping is apparently bitchy now.
4. If you've been pumping your fist before your opponent gets injured, you'd better pray they stay healthy, cuz if not, you're a bitch. Omg, Vera was pumping her fist before Mary's injury, she's a bitch!
5. Being fake to people who are fake to you is definitely bitch-worthy. No matter that people only appreciate you for what you can do for them. The press only wants you to sell articles. The paparrazi only wants you to sell pictures. The sponsors only want you to sell products. The fans only like you for your looks and your tennis. The other players are only civil to you because apparently it's a "rule of politeness" and not out of the kindness of their heart. You are only real to those who know the real you. You're a bitch.

Now that I think about it, 99% of us are fake. I mean, who are we to be fans of people that we don't even know. We only see what is on TV and then we conclude that we like them. That is so fake! We're all bitches!!! You're a bitch. I'm a bitch. Everybody is a bitch. Bitch bitch bitch, la la la la la.

Kart
What is antipathetic ? :confused:

Is it like antipasti ? :drool:

Ben.
I'm a little older than some of the people here, and my favorite player used to be John McEnroe. Now, you want to talk about someone who was (he's changed) a wolrd-class asshole? That's Johnny Mac. Spoiled rotten, he had a sense of entitlement that was unmatched. He was boorish, aloof, a complete jerk both on and off the court.

Now, he's mellowed a lot. And pretty much everyone likes him. But the time was he was a lightning rod. But I loved watching him play tennis. There was no one like him. He was amazing. But I never wanted to *be* like him (except as a tennis player, of course).

People have weird expectations of athletes. Most athletes are just like most non-athletes. They have friends and loved ones, and they goof around, and go to work, and take vacations. Maria is no different. She strikes me as regular teenage girl when she gives interviews, or what not. I don't think she is mean or anything else. Is she driven? Yeah, absolutely. But that's why most of her fans like her: her fierce competitiveness. She has a singular dedication to succeed.

And that's refreshing to those of us who love the sport. In an age of "Oh, I'm gonna retire soon," and "Maybe I'll play next year," and players showing up to major tournaments thirty pounds overweight and blah blah blah ... it's nice to see someone who wants to get to the top, stay there, and is willing to do everything required to see that happen.

One thing that Maria needs to be careful of which most of the WTA players don't is the fact that she is incredibly wealthy. And when you suddenly become very wealthy, lots of people all of a sudden want to be your best bud 4eva'! She is more than likely wary of this sort of phenomenon. And I don't blame her.

Now, I don't know Maria Sharapova personally. But I will say something here which is just my impression, from watching her in all sorts of circumstances, and having been a student of people for almost four decades: I actually think Maria is a bit shy. Laugh all you want. But I think being on the tennis court is probably a relief for her, to some extent. It's home. It's a place where nothing more is expected of her than hitting a ball past her opponent.

I'm sure Maria is a nice friend. There's never been anything to indicate she is anything beyond what a person in her place would likely be. Actually, I wish she were a bit more bitchy (a la Hingis, my other fave, and Queen of the Bitches) in some ways. But there's no doubting her intensity, her prowess, and her dedication. If the entire Top-10 of the WTA were as dedicated as Masha, we would see some great tennis on a regular basis.

well said :worship: think we should give maria a break 4 once, especially the haters. were all human.

MarineGoTati
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:46 PM

ClaudiaZ-S
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Miss Peer :bowdown:

FrenchY52
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:48 PM

That's it !

Coffee&TV
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:49 PM
page 9.

abayen
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:49 PM

my question to Shahar and Shahar's mom is would they be friendly to the 999th ranked player and her mom if they just met them somewhere. Probably not. It's easy to diss those above you when you probably act similar to people below you.

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:50 PM
btw bg017... if this thread goes down to page 2 b4 20 pages I win the bet ok? ;)

I think most of the haters are still steamed about Zurich/Linz and won't be here until YEC
So we have some noobhaters to keep us entertained for the mo... and some show good prospects of becoming time legends like the posters tennisjay and ivanovic...
I'm expecting big things outta them esp OZTENNIS...

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:50 PM
1. Seles is a bitch then too.
2. Justine, Nadal, and basically 60% of the players: bigger bitches
3. Running and skipping is apparently bitchy now.
4. If you've been pumping your fist before your opponent gets injured, you'd better pray they stay healthy, cuz if not, you're a bitch. Omg, Vera was pumping her fist before Mary's injury, she's a bitch!
5. Being fake to people who are fake to you is definitely bitch-worthy. No matter that people only appreciate you for what you can do for them. The press only wants you to sell articles. The paparrazi only wants you to sell pictures. The sponsors only want you to sell products. The fans only like you for your looks and your tennis. The other players are only civil to you because apparently it's a "rule of politeness" and not out of the kindness of their heart. You are only real to those who know the real you. You're a bitch.

Now that I think about it, 99% of us are fake. I mean, who are we to be fans of people that we don't even know. We only see what is on TV and then we conclude that we like them. That is so fake! We're all bitches!!! You're a bitch. I'm a bitch. Everybody is a bitch. Bitch bitch bitch, la la la la la.

well said i must say :worship: can't believe people take the media for granted when they want 2 hear some nasty goss on maria.

Martyś
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:52 PM

Love it, really.

And I agree about Maria being a bit shy.

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:52 PM
btw bg017... if this thread goes down to page 2 b4 20 pages I win the bet ok? ;)

I think most of the haters are still steamed about Zurich/Linz and won't be here until YEC
So we have some noobhaters to keep us entertained for the mo... and some show good prospects of becoming time legends like the posters tennisjay and ivanovic...

:lol: sad but true.

Dasha_
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:57 PM

Why I am not on that recpectfull list????? :sad:
Please, edit your post!!!!

griffin
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:59 PM
People report the bad on her, but how many people really find it juicy enough to come in here and post something nice that she did? How many reporters go and write nice things about her?

Are you kidding me? From some of the articles I've seen written about her, you'd think she was the greatest gift to humankind since fermentation.

I think the issue is more that fans/writers tend to see only extremes - a player is a saint, or a player is satan. She can do no wrong, or can do no right. Forget that most of us fall somewhere in between.

OZTENNIS

im flattered!!:lol: :lol:

morningglory
Sorry Dasha :sad: :hug:
I think when there are more than 3 people I'm allowed to use "et.al" which means "and others" right? All of you are included! :hug:

Still I don't see you contribute to Maria's thread as much as those two do...

Oztennis I know you joined June 06 so not sure if you've ever seen "tennisjay" or "ivanovic" post...
they were legends, my friend... everyone down at the "Siberian Siren" (even b4 it was called the Siberian Siren) knows them... just ask around!

Compared to them, you still have a long way to go

Wayn77
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I doubt Maria gives a rat's ass what Peer or anyone thinks :worship: :worship:

Poor Shahar, you got a lot to learn girl. If you feel so bad about it go out and kick Masha's ass on court, if not shut the f**ck up. :kiss:

FrenchY52
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:07 PM

Poor Shahar, you got a lot to learn girl. If you feel so bad about it go out and kick Masha's ass on court, if not shut the f**ck up. :kiss:

Pff.

timafi
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:08 PM
and counting:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OZTENNIS
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:09 PM

who gives a rats ass what u think!!:lol: :tape:

MisterMan
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I

Yea, ask "what's her name" about talking trash about Maria....i think her name was Sesil something. :tape:

Wayn77
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:11 PM
suck my plums asswipe :lol: :lol: :lol: :yeah:

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:12 PM
the levels of bitchiness r increasing. at this rate this thread will go up 2 page 20!

timafi
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:13 PM
:spit: :spit: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Dasha_
im flattered!!:lol: :lol:

You are so lucky! I was not named there....:sad:

Ben.
[QUOTE=microbehunter;9380608]I doubt Maria gives a rat's ass what Peer or anyone thinks :worship: :worship:QUOTE]

true. maria is entitled 2 do what she wants 2 do.

OZTENNIS
suck my plums asswipe :lol: :lol: :lol: :yeah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

manu32
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:14 PM
moderators are curious......

OZTENNIS
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:14 PM

are u part of the anti-Sharapova army too? if u are, prepare for war:lol:

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:15 PM
cmon OZZy is :lol: the best you can do?
I suggest you look at tennisjay's posts on how to counter more effectively...

OZTENNIS
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
cmon OZZy is :lol: the best you can do?
I suggest you look at tennisjay's posts on how to counter more effectively...

hey its 7am here, im only warming up!!:lol:

im going now!! have fun everyone!!

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:20 PM
dang! CYA Ozzy :wavey:

btw I don't hate haters... they make the life of a fan fun!

RG Moonballer
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:20 PM
I don't know what's all the fuss is about:

I mean -

* Don't be fooled. Shahar said some opinions that a lot of people and players acknowledge.

* I bet Shahar's fury towards Pova has risen since the Hand Incident, which was totally bitchy from Maria's side.

* The context of these quotes was simply the interviewer's questions. I don't think that if the talk wouldn't slide towards the Hand Incident, Shahar would of brought it up.

* The conversation about Sharapova only lasted for a rough 1 lousy minute.

égalité
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I'm sensing a future Shaharapova rivalry! :hearts:

Coffee&TV
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Oh men, page 11 and counting.

Dasha_
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:23 PM
are u part of the anti-Sharapova army too? if u are, prepare for war:lol:

Ups, if I only knew there is an army!!!! :banghead:

Well, at least now I know :armed:

Over here is bed time. I hope this thread will still be arround tommorow......

And, thanks to the thread starter, I've had so much fun!!!!!!!!

harloo
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:24 PM
She's not there to make friendships. I've always believed Maria was programmed to win and nothing more.

I like Shahar but she must have low self esteem if she is expecting Maria and Yuri to embrace her. How about improving your game Shahar instead of talking about someone not speaking to you?

I'm so sick of the tour at this point. None of todays younger players have the drive and determination to stand up to Maria. If you can challenge her on court then you don't need her respect because you've earned it the hard way.:o

~Kiera~
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I don't know what's all the fuss is about:

It's a Sharapova thread. You'll get used to this, eventually.

RG Moonballer
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:32 PM
See... that's the reason I like the WTA more.

*Although there was a great share of insults at the ATP tour recently*

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:32 PM
It's a Sharapova thread. You'll get used to this, eventually.

true :lol: everything about maria always brings in the circus, good or bad.

Veritas
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I agree with everyone else here - different players give different opinions about Masha, so it's not possible to know whether her personality suits up to yours unless you meet her personally. Besides I'm sure she couldn't care less about what others say. She's gotten these kind of comments before, yet it hasn't stopped her from winning matches. That's what true champions are about: putting the tennis above all else :)

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I agree with everyone else here - different players give different opinions about Masha, so it's not possible to know whether her personality suits up to yours unless you meet her personally. Besides I'm sure she couldn't care less about what others say. She's gotten these kind of comments before, yet it hasn't stopped her from winning matches. That's what true champions are about: putting the tennis above all else :)

yeah, she's mature enough 2 no that those petulant comments r nothin but peanuts 2 her. that's what i admire bout maria that she always focuses on the job (her tennis) no matter what & that's what makes her a great champion.

Brooks.
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:46 PM

or the truth is such an ugly thing :)

these same things were said of kournikova back in the day too...and look at Anna now...she seems like a friendly, down-to-earth woman

when you face the constant pressure and you are surrounded by people who tell you how wonderful and pretty and smart you are then it's easy to let it get to your head...

LindsayRulz
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Shahar!!!:worship: :hearts:

I am a new fan of Shahar Peer!!!

WIMBLY2004
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Where is Swami when we need her, we need that bandwagon pic here:lol:

drake3781
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I want to put it in context: it was 1/2 hour of interview and only 2-3 minutes were about Sharapova. It all started with the famous incident on Shahar second serve (huge thread, remember). Shahar said that she asked the referee to ask Sharapova if she was ready and she was stunned when Maria said that she was ready to play. in this point she described what happend after the match etc....

Please, please, please !!! can you translate that part of the interview? :aparty:

Nicolás89
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:20 PM
i like masha but i think shahar is right she doesnt look like a nice girl

jimbo mack
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:25 PM
i always thought sharapova is a bitch, and I haven't been shy in expressing this opinion over the years. therefore what peer says does not surprise me at all

however, even as a sharapova hater, i actually want her to stick around for many more years cuz she is good for women's tennis and her desire and motivation is admirable. i wish players like clijsters, serena and davenport (one of my favs) had the fire in their belly as much as she does. if they did we would get to witness some amazing rivalries, similar to the ones we witnessed in the nineties

sharapova is like marmite on this board - you either love her, or you hate her

franny
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Are you kidding me? From some of the articles I've seen written about her, you'd think she was the greatest gift to humankind since fermentation.

I think the issue is more that fans/writers tend to see only extremes - a player is a saint, or a player is satan. She can do no wrong, or can do no right. Forget that most of us fall somewhere in between.

Griffin, you are absolutely right in this statement. Too many people can only see extremes.

Oh, and word of this is going to hit Maria I think. The press loves to bring these things up, just wait till the Aus Open. Peer better pray that she doesn't draw Maria there, or there will be some serious beat-down inflicted on her by Maria.

Sharakim
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Griffin, you are absolutely right in this statement. Too many people can only see extremes.

Oh, and word of this is going to hit Maria I think. The press loves to bring these things up, just wait till the Aus Open. Peer better pray that she doesn't draw Maria there, or there will be some serious beat-down inflicted on her by Maria.Peer getting bagelled at the OZ by Masha....yummy! I love it!

Marcus Jordan
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:38 PM

:worship: very revealing and potentially DAMAGING:worship:

thats cute :p

Marcus Jordan
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:40 PM

thats true, although i've never been able to figure out who could love her, though the same could be said about hewitt yet he has fans too.

sharapova = hewitt :D

Marcus Jordan
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:41 PM

if she chooses to have no class....although i hear class is inborn, so poor sharpy has no choice :hug:

WIMBLY2004
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:42 PM

Oh, and word of this is going to hit Maria I think. The press loves to bring these things up, just wait till the Aus Open. Peer better pray that she doesn't draw Maria there, or there will be some serious beat-down inflicted on her by Maria.

:lol: :lol: can't wait to see a fired up Maria

Meteor Shower
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Shahar, no need to talk like that outside
take it out on her in the court :D

Shahar was never intimidated from Maria, she said she can beat
Maria when she was like ranked 40 in their first meeting and that tough three setter just proved her right.

Marcus Jordan
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:45 PM

ahh its part of everybody's "job".

drake3781
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:46 PM
I guess what I don't understand is people (Maria's fans) thinking that Maria and Yuri completely ignoring someone who speaks to them is acceptable. We're not talking about having a conversation if you are busy or doing some type of favor for the person, only acknowledging a comment in passing. I do find that more than odd and bitchy to competely ignore someone, and strange for people to find that acceptable.

Do you know other people who ignore people who speak to them? Maybe in some cultures that is acceptable? :confused: The only cultures I can think of are employer-employee, master-servant, or elder-junior, where the subserviant one is "not to speak unless spoken to". (Or as my parents would sometimes say, "children are to be seen but not heard" :lol: ). But even in relationships between a people of superior and inferior status, that practice of the inferior one not speaking rarely happens even these days.

I think Maria's not speaking to people gives off the impression that she feels herself so superior to them, which is of course offensive. And if she doesn't mean that, why doesn't she give at least a polite acknoweldgement?

Kimster
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:58 PM
"Peer" is the Dutch word for "Pear" in English.

Does this help? :)

star
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I don't really care who any tennis player is as a person :lol: I like them for what they do on a tennis court regardless of what they do off of it.

So basically, I think she sounds pretty rude, and it doesn't matter to me :shrug:

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I really wanted them to be friends, but I guess not :sad:

Buitenzorg
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:21 PM
:lol:

Buitenzorg
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I knew all along what kind of person Maria is ;)

Aaron68
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I think Maria's not speaking to people gives off the impression that she feels herself so superior to them, which is of course offensive. And if she doesn't mean that, why doesn't she give at least a polite acknoweldgement?

Do you know what the conditions were? I don't. Peer didn't say; at least in the section of the interview which was translated here.

We also don't know what the history, if any, is.

I'm not going to hear one person's (partial) side of a (partial) story, and then draw broad conclusion from it. It has nothing to do AT ALL with being a fan of Sharapova. It has to do with the way I address anything in life: if I don't know what happened, how can I possibly judge? Give me the information, the details, and a reliable source, and then I can *begin* to form an impression.

clementine
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Peer doesn't have much of a career to brag about so it's not surprising that she lashes out one of the more successful players on tour. Jealousy will do that to you. :)

BoucharDRules
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:30 PM
I can't believe that little biatch Peer....how dare she be so critical! :fiery:

Elena can change her outfits as many times as she wants and the world can sit tight and wait. :p Unless she means it's annoying because she changes into sometimes unsightly Yonex outfits. :lol:

As far as the Sharapova business goes...maybe next time she wants to speak with the Big Masha she should make an appointment.

Slumpsova
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I really wanted them to be friends, but I guess not :sad:
did you expect Serena to be friends with the hand 1.0 too? :p

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:49 PM

Its pretty common-place for players to make bitchy comments about the players they lose to after matches.

Again, these young girls whose rankings are fairly low just don't seem to get it. Its not a popularity test out there.

Graf was nailed with the same complaints. She preferred personal privacy and wasn't overly-friendly with no-name wannabe's.

Sour grapes, Peer. You should focus more on winning tennis than making friends...your ranking and game might improve then.

Rocketta
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:59 PM
I guess what I don't understand is people (Maria's fans) thinking that Maria and Yuri completely ignoring someone who speaks to them is acceptable. We're not talking about having a conversation if you are busy or doing some type of favor for the person, only acknowledging a comment in passing. I do find that more than odd and bitchy to competely ignore someone, and strange for people to find that acceptable.

naw what is even funnier are the people who claim Shahar is jealous that's why she said those things.......because I mean it's implausible that Peer could have this opinion because someone scamed a point off of her in a match and then ignored her? It couldn't be because of Maria's actions.......NOOOOOOOOOOOO, once again it's all Peer's fault. :o

Slumpsova
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Its pretty common-place for players to make bitchy comments about the players they lose to after matches.

Again, these young girls whose rankings are fairly low just don't seem to get it. Its not a popularity test out there.

Graf was nailed with the same complaints. She preferred personal privacy and wasn't overly-friendly with no-name wannabe's.

Sour grapes, Peer. You should focus more on winning tennis than making friends...your ranking and game might improve then.
are you tring to beat Maria on being arrogant and antipathetic? :lol:
try to win a slam, even in mix doubles, and get ranked higher than Shahar before giving her advice :wavey:

Wayn77
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:04 PM
try to win a slam, even in mix doubles, and get ranked higher than Shahar before giving her advice :wavey:

:lol: :tape: :lol:

SzavayFi
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Shahar Peer I Love You. :bowdown:

.david.
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:07 PM
this thread is getting:tape:

So Sharar doesnt like Maria. Big Deal:rolleyes:

ezekiel
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:08 PM
I read good 10 pages and it was just Pova fans spamming the board with personal attacks and counting messages :rolleyes: :help: :mad: :(

Anyway , this is no surprise. Pova does seem to lack social skills and seems only motivated by superficial things , blame her daddy

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:08 PM
naw what is even funnier are the people who claim Shahar is jealous that's why she said those things.......because I mean it's implausible that Peer could have this opinion because someone scamed a point off of her in a match and then ignored her? It couldn't be because of Maria's actions.......NOOOOOOOOOOOO, once again it's all Peer's fault. :o

When have you EVER had anything nice to say about Maria? :rolleyes:

Maria is playing and winning GS events and other tournaments and your favs are not. Maria beat Serena in a Wimbledon final and you STILL haven't gotten over it. :silly:

Peer has a right to her opinion, however, I wonder why she waited so long to state her grievance???? Perhaps she wanted to make sure she was out of Russia and in Israel before saying it????

Again, its PROFESSIONAL tennis and NOT a PERSONALITY CONTEST. Grow up. Even the mention of a Professional Tennis Player not being friendly is very immature. To stay competitive at the top, you must distance yourself from the lower-ranked help.

ezekiel
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:11 PM
The word is APATHETIC

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apathetic

1.having or showing little or no emotion: apathetic behavior. 2.not interested or concerned; indifferent or unresponsive: an apathetic audience

Synonyms 1. unfeeling, impassive, cool. 2. uninterested, unconcerned.
—Antonyms 1. emotional. 2. concerned.

franny
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:12 PM

Wait a second, you are on Maria's case on being arrogant and a bitch but you seem to relish at the fact that Nicole is the devil. Isn't there a sort of hypocrisy here?

franny
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I read good 10 pages and it was just Pova fans spamming the board with personal attacks and counting messages :rolleyes: :help: :mad: :(

Anyway , this is no surprise. Pova does seem to lack social skills and seems only motivated by superficial things , blame her daddy

Versus the non-Sharapova fans who....what? Fill the pages with beautiful analysis of the game of tennis?

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Wait a second, you are on Maria's case on being arrogant and a bitch but you seem to relish at the fact that Nicole is the devil. Isn't there a sort of hypocrisy here?

Well, I wondered when it would be said. Because it needed to be said.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:16 PM

I don't think its a priority for Maria to be close, personal friends with a lower-ranked Professional Tennis Player that is also a soldier in the Israeli Army. I mean, come on....who would?

franny
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Kim Clijsters stabbed my boobs with no reason whatsoever.

Okay, go discuss what a bitch Kim is now. I mean, all you need is one side of the story right, regardless of whether you know the situation or the person?

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Kim Clijsters stabbed my boobs with no reason whatsoever.

Okay, go discuss what a bitch Kim is now. I mean, all you need is one side of the story right, regardless of whether you know the situation or the person?

Stop....Franny. Stop.

They don't want to hear reason. All they want to do is bash Maria, for being talented, beautiful, rich and the person they will never be. Jealousy, be thy name.

Slumpsova
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:21 PM
i said this many times. Nicole is not arrogant hypocrite bitch, she might behave badly on court b/c the intensity in the games but noone ever criticized her on having a diva attitude :cool:

i prefer to be a devil than a bitch :angel:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Oh, I think Maria should ask Shahar to play in an exhibition match in Palestinian terrority to benefit refugees of the Israeli-Palestianian Conflict.

Now that would be a bitch.

Maria is not.

WIMBLY2004
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:25 PM
i said this many times. Nicole is not arrogant hypocrite bitch, she might behave badly on court b/c the intensity in the games but noone ever criticized her on having a diva attitude :cool:

Wasn't there a whole long thread about her bitching attitude off-court not long ago?

perseus2006
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Aaron68,

I enjoyed your posts. Especially the point you made about Pova being shy. I think she is very shy and basically tries to stay out of the way and be invisible - lessons learned from being years younger than all the others in a dorm.

Her reaction to the US Open Trophy top falling on her head kerfuffle was a spectacular demonstration of a shy girl thinking: "OMG, my friends are going to torment me for months about this one!"

Often shy people are mistaken for being aloof and arrogant when they are just trying to stay out of the way and be inconspicuous. Those are two goals she no longer has the opportunity to attain!

Five more to go for a 21 match streak at the end of the year! Shriek On, Pova!

P_Fer
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I try not to make judgements until I've heard both sides of the story

bis2806
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:34 PM

Jeez, please be rational. Girls who have periods does not mean they cannot be polite to fellow players :rolleyes: Thank god another player attests to her arrogance.

Go Shahar!!!

bis2806
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I don't think its a priority for Maria to be close, personal friends with a lower-ranked Professional Tennis Player that is also a soldier in the Israeli Army. I mean, come on....who would?

Er, first of all, I don't think Shahar's intentions were to be friends with Maria. She was just trying to compliment her, while Maria ignored her, which is very rude. So don't speak for Shahar in that manner :rolleyes:

Slumpsova
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Nicole is a blatant bitch. Its been widely-discussed in this forum. Maria is not. The difference being, even if you think Maria is a bitch, at least she wins. Something Nicole hasn't learned to do yet.
if you meant That Ernie Kid issue, the case was already closed. she's got interrupted during the practice which is not an appropriate manner from the fans. i wouldn't refuse her reaction was quite unexceptable but it was reasonable but ignoring the one who approached to you to give a compliment or even say hi is totally unexceptable and ill-mannered :)

Lulu.
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Maria has never seemed very friendly so Shahar is probably telling the truth

Derek.
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:46 PM
You tell 'em Shahar. :kiss:

ezekiel
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:48 PM

This seems like she has no respect for her fellow professionals off court. This has a way of going around. Treat others as you'd like to be treated

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:50 PM
oh no... the thread 5 pages away from me losing my bet :unsure:
(refer to page around 8 for details) :unsure:

RenaSlam.
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:58 PM
oh no... the thread 5 pages away from me losing my bet :unsure:
(refer to page around 8 for details) :unsure:

Oh No...and 9/10 of the posts in this thread are from paranoid Sharapova fans trying to defend their "princess". :rolleyes: :wavey: :lick:

UDACHi
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:58 PM
at least maria and elena aren't bitter chokers, shahar. interesting that she goes after two players who have defeated her in the past month or two.

iPatty
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:00 AM
It's not like we didn't know these things already. Way to state the obvious, Shahar! :hearts: :lol:

LegionArgentina
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:01 AM
Well said Sharar

mboyle
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:04 AM
How come this does not surprise me even one little bit. Pova wants to be like Fed, but personality wise she will have to change everything even to get close...

Roger can afford to be nice. He is unquestionably untouchable. If he plays anywhere near his best tennis, he wins 100% of the time. Even Serena in 02/03 was nowhere near as dominant as Fed is. When you are THAT good, you can be nice to people because you don't have to prove anything.

I love Maria, and she is a very good player, but she isn't even no. 1 in the world, let alone far and away the best player on tour. She has to stay focused, and has to maintain that meanness in order to win. She still has a lot to prove.

Sharakim
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:08 AM
Roger can afford to be nice. He is unquestionably untouchable. If he plays anywhere near his best tennis, he wins 100% of the time. Even Serena in 02/03 was nowhere near as dominant as Fed is. When you are THAT good, you can be nice to people because you don't have to prove anything.

I love Maria, and she is a very good player, but she isn't even no. 1 in the world, let alone far and away the best player on tour. She has to stay focused, and has to maintain that meanness in order to win. She still has a lot to prove.Good point and I don't buy Peer's story. Maria might not be super friendly with everyone, but she can be and is civil. And she's got enough class and respect for opponents to NOT talk shit behind their back. :bounce:

Junex
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:08 AM

Who said Maria wants to be a "federer"...Well, maybe with the GS titles and successes Fed have, but i dnt think Maria wanted to emulate Fed's personality....its really boring!

And say what, I like my girls keeping it real, why be friends with your competition.....:confused:

And there is also an expalnation about maria only being friendly when cameras are around....Its part of her Job people!!!!

and finally...WHATEVER!!!!

Aaron68
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:11 AM
Aaron68,

I enjoyed your posts. Especially the point you made about Pova being shy. I think she is very shy and basically tries to stay out of the way and be invisible - lessons learned from being years younger than all the others in a dorm.

Thanks, Perseus.

I think that Maria's life has been a very different one from most people's, even before she won Wimbledon.

Her reaction to the US Open Trophy top falling on her head kerfuffle was a spectacular demonstration of a shy girl thinking: "OMG, my friends are going to torment me for months about this one!"

Exactly. "Only me!" She really does come off as sort of a goofball who is very well aware of how silly she can be sometimes. Whenever I have seen her interviewed or on a show, when it had nothing to do with tennis, she seems like your typical 19 year old girl who is a little shy and self-concious.

Often shy people are mistaken for being aloof and arrogant when they are just trying to stay out of the way and be inconspicuous. Those are two goals she no longer has the opportunity to attain!

Yep. And like said, there's also the fact that, as tennis players are concerned, she is incredibly wealthy. That also makes her somewhat wary of others, fair or not.

Not that long ago, she and her father came to the US with nearly nothing. Now, she makes more than $30 Million a year, and is the most recognizable face in her sport. The fact that she seems even remotely down-to-Earth is a miracle, actually.

Five more to go for a 21 match streak at the end of the year! Shriek On, Pova!

OH, yeah. She has really turned it on at the end here. I think that US Open title just shot her confidence through the roof. During this 16 match win streak, she has a 32-2 record in sets. And one of those sets she lost was sandwiched between two bagels.

Seriously, she's on fire.

Dan23
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:13 AM
I knew all along what kind of person Maria is ;)

You can't blame Maria for being the way she is, look who she was raised by

Well done Shahar

love you Shahar

I always knew that cheaterova is a bitch :)

Great from Shahar

go to h*** Maria

:yeah:

That's it !

Why I am not on that recpectfull list????? :sad:

Pff.

are u part of the anti-Sharapova army too? if u are, prepare for war

Ups, if I only knew there is an army!!!!

Well, at least now I know :armed:

Shahar!!!:worship: :hearts:

i always thought sharapova is a bitch, and I haven't been shy in expressing this opinion over the years. therefore what peer says does not surprise me at all

however, even as a sharapova hater, i actually want her to stick around for many more years cuz she is good for women's tennis and her desire and motivation is admirable. i wish players like clijsters, serena and davenport (one of my favs) had the fire in their belly as much as she does. if they did we would get to witness some amazing rivalries, similar to the ones we witnessed in the nineties

Shahar Peer I Love You. :bowdown:

I read good 10 pages and it was just Pova fans spamming the board with personal attacks and counting messages :rolleyes:

i said this many times. Nicole is not arrogant hypocrite bitch, she might behave badly on court b/c the intensity in the games but noone ever criticized her on having a diva attitude

Jeez, please be rational. Girls who have periods does not mean they cannot be polite to fellow players :rolleyes: Thank god another player attests to her arrogance.

Go Shahar!!!

Er, first of all, I don't think Shahar's intentions were to be friends with Maria. She was just trying to compliment her, while Maria ignored her, which is very rude. So don't speak for Shahar in that manner :rolleyes:

if you meant That Ernie Kid issue, the case was already closed. she's got interrupted during the practice which is not an appropriate manner from the fans. i wouldn't refuse her reaction was quite unexceptable but it was reasonable but ignoring the one who approached to you to give a compliment or even say hi is totally unexceptable and ill-mannered :)

You tell 'em Shahar. :kiss:

This seems like she has no respect for her fellow professionals off court. This has a way of going around. Treat others as you'd like to be treated

It's not like we didn't know these things already. Way to state the obvious, Shahar!

Well said Sharar

:p

Derek.
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:16 AM

Having fun? :o

RenaSlam.
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:17 AM

Glad you have a life...quoting 30400023 posters in this thread. :lol:

Dan23
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:19 AM
didnt take long with multiquote :lol:

at least my post matched the maturity level in here

Aaron68
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:20 AM

Don't sell yourself short; you surpassed the maturity level by a long way.

perseus2006
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:20 AM

Not even close.

Or Levy
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:21 AM
Good point and I don't buy Peer's story. Maria might not be super friendly with everyone, but she can be and is civil. And she's got enough class and respect for opponents to NOT talk shit behind their back. :bounce:

Poor Shahar, she made a short comment, in Hebrew, on Cabel TV in Israel, after being asked directly. She probably assumed she was safe from being quoted in English 3 secs afterwards.

She forgot it's the age of information, LOL. And that she has loads of Israeli fans just ready to quote her on international forums.

Plus, you don't need to 'buy' Shahar's story, wasn't 'the not ready' moment enough for some Maria insight? That was live TV.

xin_hui
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:22 AM

goodness. cant be bothered taking sides, but you're seriously bored and defensive:p

Reuchlin
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:22 AM
Anyone who's been told more age 2 that they are the best in the world is gonna be arrogant (see: Serena, Venus, Hingis, and now Maria).

Sharakim
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buitenzorg
I knew all along what kind of person Maria is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymirza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaSlam588

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeReeDavJCap81
You can't blame Maria for being the way she is, look who she was raised by

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniKim
Well done Shahar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasha_

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumoll
love you Shahar

Quote:
I always knew that cheaterova is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_ads_n
Great from Shahar

Quote:
go to h*** Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_rafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineGoTati

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiaZ
Miss Peer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchY52
That's it !

Quote:
Why I am not on that recpectfull list?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchY52
Pff.

Quote:
who gives a rats ass what u think!!

Quote:
You are so lucky! I was not named there....

Quote:
are u part of the anti-Sharapova army too? if u are, prepare for war

Quote:
Ups, if I only knew there is an army!!!!
Well, at least now I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulz
Shahar!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_ernie_Kid
Shahar Peer I Love You. :roll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel
I read good 10 pages and it was just Pova fans spamming the board with personal attacks and counting messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna
i said this many times. Nicole is not arrogant hypocrite bitch, she might behave badly on court b/c the intensity in the games but noone ever criticized her on having a diva attitude

i prefer to be a devil than a bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bis2806
Jeez, please be rational. Girls who have periods does not mean they cannot be polite to fellow players Thank god another player attests to her arrogance.

Go Shahar!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis2806
Er, first of all, I don't think Shahar's intentions were to be friends with Maria. She was just trying to compliment her, while Maria ignored her, which is very rude. So don't speak for Shahar in that manner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna
if you meant That Ernie Kid issue, the case was already closed. she's got interrupted during the practice which is not an appropriate manner from the fans. i wouldn't refuse her reaction was quite unexceptable but it was reasonable but ignoring the one who approached to you to give a compliment or even say hi is totally unexceptable and ill-mannered

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Diva*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ▪Derek▪
You tell 'em Shahar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty<3
It's not like we didn't know these things already. Way to state the obvious, Shahar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion Argentina
Well said Sharar :lol: :spit: Peer sure has a lot of fans. Be careful my dear, they'll turn on you right quick! :tape:

vogus
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:26 AM
i'll be the first to admit that Sharapova is not a brilliant personality, or even particularly interesting off the court. But, like Serena Williams before her, she looks good and she wins tennis tournaments. You can't have it all.

bellascarlett
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:52 AM
What's this? I wouldn't even bother to read through all this. :haha:

So Maria is an arrogant bitch?! It's impossible for her not to be one in one way or the other. So what? Will any of us experience firsthand the extent of her supposed arrogance or bitchiness? No. Saints or sinners, we don't even know these people my god. People really need to get a life. :lol:

Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy watching Maria become more of the tennis champion she already is and beat the crap out of other players. :D

Dawn Marie
Oct 31st, 2006, 12:58 AM
Maria's personality seems plastic. She seems to try to be funny and adorable but it doesn't quite pull itself off. She is mentally tough and a competitive player though. Which I like that part of her. Yet she seems like she's playing a part. She also seems like she is under her fathers total control. Everything is so methodical. Methodical is no fun and can cause some problems for her future. Yuri's manners imho make Maria look kinda bad.

I am not impressed with her antics lately but she hasn't trashed a player which I have to give her kudos for. Anyway imho Maria doesn't smile much anymore and she is so much under her dad's control that it's gettin' weird. That bananna incident was way to much imho.

Shahar expressed her opinions and imho Yuri and Masha could have said hello back. This is just common respect. Shahar also has to know that your opponents don't have to give a crap about you or your feelings. Some people are just rude. Maria and Dad are trying to make her a long time slam champ. They are focused imho on winning,winning and more winning they don't have time for the "hi's and hello's". Yet in all honesty, I think part of being a great champion of the game is respecting the game and the people around it.

This is why I couldn't stand Hingis. She was a totally rude women. She has humbled and matured, thank god. Hingis never cheated though. Anyway, I'm sure Maria will soon realize that it's beneficial to respect those in the industry who play along side her then it is to focus only on the winning. The Tour's lonely enough.

Edward.
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:11 AM
Someone give darling Shahar some cheese to go with her whine.

Lulu.
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:17 AM

Wow you have alot of time on your hands :rolleyes:

anlavalle
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:18 AM
no surprise at all, she is a bitch:tape:

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:27 AM
Someone give darling Shahar some cheese to go with her whine.

:haha:

Wayn77
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:29 AM
no surprise at all, she is a bitch:tape:

and in the end - bitches get their comeuppance!!! :drool: :devil:

supergrunt
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:34 AM
Yes! :D :aparty: :bounce: somehting to spice up this bland slab of meat that has become Women's tennis :D

Shoulderpova
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:43 AM
More reason to hate this girl :o
Who wouldn't be arrogant with such achievments as a teenager? :shrug:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:46 AM

I love Maria, and she is a very good player, but she isn't even no. 1 in the world, let alone far and away the best player on tour. She has to stay focused, and has to maintain that meanness in order to win. She still has a lot to prove.

Ummmmmm, if I recall correctly Federer was a nice guy even before he was dominant. Sharapova probably has never been a nice person, and why would she start now? On the flipside, the WTA isn't about making friends...it's about winning. Tennis is an individual sport unless you're primarily a doubles player.

supergrunt
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:49 AM
Omg mboyle I wish that you wouldn't have come back :sad: I see that you a spreading your hate already. I haven't really heard negative Serena comments in a long time. :tears:

Lunaris
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:51 AM
I gave up reading somewhere around page 12. :yawn:
I always thought that one of the principles of law is to listen to both rowing sides. Therefore it is not right to make any conclusion from Shahar's statement, because we have no Maria's.

I really don't care about her. She doesn't impress me that much to love her or to hate her either. ;)

perseus2006
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:12 AM
and in the end - bitches get their comeuppance!!! :drool: :devil:

Very true! For Pova that's been the US Open Championship, so far 5 titles in 2006, a 16 game winning streak and something like 32-3 since RG! Pova has come up prancing and dancing!!!

What terrible times for PovaLoathers. You have to look for bigger bugs.

PointBlank
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:36 AM
I dont understand why people are mad. Its not like anyone here is Marias best friend, and Shahar is speaking her mind, unlike more than 95% of the top 100 who just try to suck up to the camera.

perseus2006
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:40 AM
Shahar needs to learn the ancient Moral: If you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all.

PointBlank
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:41 AM
More reason to hate this girl :o
Who wouldn't be arrogant with such achievments as a teenager? :shrug:

More reason?

What has she done prior to this besides having to deal with Maria cheating in their match?

perseus2006
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:45 AM
Yes! :D :aparty: :bounce: somehting to spice up this bland slab of meat that has become Women's tennis :D

I doubt that any comment Shahar makes will have any perceptible impact on the WTA. She committed a breach in ettiquette, exercised poor judgment. What can you expect from a kid?

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:48 AM
Maybe Maria and Yuri acted this way because of this sort of language and attitude from Shahar. You never know...nobodys an angel...:devil:

ys
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:49 AM
Shahar is simply jeloaus that someone on the tour can actually scream "Com'n" louder than she does..