PDA

View Full Version : Shahar Peer: Sharapova is arrogant and antipathetic person

Pages : 1 [2]

njnetswill
Oct 31st, 2006, 04:51 AM
Wow this thread is like the TWAT convention.

geoepee
Oct 31st, 2006, 04:59 AM
Goodie! Another storyline to make the 'lockerroom confessions' threads more entertaining! :)

Apoleb
Oct 31st, 2006, 05:06 AM
I'm not surprised. She and her father think that their shit doesn't stink. They have that kind of arrogant attitude. It's obvious.

Rocketta
Oct 31st, 2006, 05:51 AM
When have you EVER had anything nice to say about Maria? :rolleyes:

Maria is playing and winning GS events and other tournaments and your favs are not. Maria beat Serena in a Wimbledon final and you STILL haven't gotten over it. :silly:

Peer has a right to her opinion, however, I wonder why she waited so long to state her grievance???? Perhaps she wanted to make sure she was out of Russia and in Israel before saying it????

Again, its PROFESSIONAL tennis and NOT a PERSONALITY CONTEST. Grow up. Even the mention of a Professional Tennis Player not being friendly is very immature. To stay competitive at the top, you must distance yourself from the lower-ranked help.

two questions, one why would I say something positive about someone I don't like?

and two, what does Venus and Serena winning or not winning have to do with Maria's actions on and off the court?

Talk about Venus and Serena all you want it will never change what was caught on video and what Shahar said nor will it change the fact that those were Maria's actions and no one elses. :lol:

So keep talking and trying to make it about something else......I'll be happy to remind you that Maria is the one caught on tape accepting a point that she clearly knew wasn't hers to accept and unless you have some Knowledge of Peer being a complete liar, Maria more than likely treated Peer badly after behaving badly in their match.

Do you have any more to say about Venus and Serena so I can once again reiterate what this thread is about? :D

itzhak
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:19 AM
Here is the full video of Shahar's interview yesterday. it is in hebrew so I guess that it will not help alot. however, if you want to see the interview, press on the picture...

http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.aspx?FolderID=411&docID=12352&lang=he

Pszczelny
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:35 AM
Shahar :kiss:

OZTENNIS
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:31 AM
bump!

18 pages and still counting!

Dasha_
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:36 AM
WOW! This thread is still alive..........

Prizeidiot
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:42 AM
Everyone seems to have missed the major point of the article - Shahar has a crush on Elena! (I mean, she even has a problem with Elena putting on clothes!)

Slumpsova
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:44 AM
Wow this thread is like the TWAT convention.
tell me about it. Maria fans are just :rolleyes:

:p

Kunal
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:52 AM
kudos for speakin the truth

Dasha_
Oct 31st, 2006, 07:54 AM
I heard similar (but nicer said) thing about Sharapova from Ana Ianovic, when I asked her what she is like.

Dan23
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:30 AM
I heard similar (but nicer said) thing about Sharapova from Ana Ianovic, when I asked her what she is like.
:lol:
Well Maria Kirilenko told me the opposite...it depends who you talk to ;)

Nicole Pratt also told me that shes gonna win the AO 07

Hachiko
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:35 AM
Not in the least bit suprised by their behaviour.

denisgiann
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:36 AM
personaly it is up to Maria what she wants to do.If she wants to be a bitch to other players then so be it because she only cares about herself and the group around here, I doubt she cares if she has basicly no friends on the tour because tht is her personality.

Iam sorry are you living in the Lala Land? Do you really believe there is friendship between proffesional competitive athletes?:rolleyes: Escpesially if those athletes are women?:lol: Τhe bitchy comments and the stabbing in the back are common knowledge.Correct me if iam wrong but women are always very competitive against eachother and i dont think wta is gonna change that(just the opposite).It is just that some of them can hide it and some dont;) .

bellascarlett
Oct 31st, 2006, 08:54 AM
Well Maria Kirilenko told me the opposite...it depends who you talk to ;)

Kimster
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:01 AM
this thread is getting:tape:

So Sharar doesnt like Maria. Big Deal:rolleyes:

exactly..... :)

Ben.
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:16 AM
looks my assumption of this thread going 2 at least 20 pages is gonna happen :) by the looks of things.

i'm pretty much over this bitchiness bout maria here. why can't some of us just get over this & talk it out like adults. people probably won't listen 2 me on that one which i won't be surprised :rolleyes:

Kunal
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:22 AM
antipathetic ......what does that even mean?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:34 AM
Holy Shit! 18 pages already... and it's not even a day yet! :eek:

Seriously, I got bored reading the posts after page 11... it's just pure mudslinging between the fans and the detractors.... :yawn:

Thank God that it is not about Justine... or else this Board will crash indefinately!!! :lol:

Ben.
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:40 AM
Holy Shit! 18 pages already... and it's not even a day yet! :eek:

Seriously, I got bored reading the posts after page 11... it's just pure mudslinging between the fans and the detractors.... :yawn:

Thank God that it is not about Justine... or else this Board will crash indefinately!!! :lol:

true, i'm in the same line as u, i'm gettin bored as well 2 :yawn:

glad it's not kim that every1's bitchin about as well as justine 4 your sake. that would drive me up the roof if that happened.

Ben.
Oct 31st, 2006, 09:41 AM
bump! page 19 now. looks like my assumption is about 2 become reality ;)

denisgiann
Oct 31st, 2006, 10:15 AM
antipathetic ......what does that even mean?

its a greek word for obnoxious.

Slumpsova
Oct 31st, 2006, 10:18 AM
bellascarlett badrepped me again :haha:

jazzfuzion
Oct 31st, 2006, 10:21 AM
maria is leading a double life. Nice person in the Day, Bitch by Night.

"Night and Day!!!"

Dasha_
Oct 31st, 2006, 10:52 AM

Why this time?
It seames to me, bad reps come when you don't think Sharapova is the best thing that's ever happened to the Wolrd. At least, that's where my bad reps are coming from...

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 31st, 2006, 11:19 AM
bitter much??

Coffee&TV
Oct 31st, 2006, 11:21 AM
Wow page 19 now. My last visit is in page 9. :lol:

bellascarlett
Oct 31st, 2006, 11:29 AM
tell me about it. Maria fans are just :rolleyes:

:p

:baby: :baby:

For your generalizing :bs:...you deserve it.

Aaron68
Oct 31st, 2006, 11:33 AM
Why this time?
It seames to me, bad reps come when you don't think Sharapova is the best thing that's ever happened to the Wolrd. At least, that's where my bad reps are coming from...

Or it might have to do with broad, unfounded attacks on all of Masha's fans.

There's a difference between saying "I don't think Sharapova is a nice person." and saying "Masha's fans are all losers who whine all the time."

It surprises you that people don't react well to do that sort commentary?

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 31st, 2006, 11:39 AM
Omg mboyle I wish that you wouldn't have come back :sad: I see that you a spreading your hate already. I haven't really heard negative Serena comments in a long time. :tears:

Don't 'ya have to play tennis in order to get discussed in this forum?

zakketiello
Oct 31st, 2006, 11:47 AM
maria is arrogant !!!

tennisrox
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:21 PM
Let me do my good deed for the day by making my contribution towards extending this utterly pointless thread to 20 pages. :banana:

sapir1434
Oct 31st, 2006, 01:36 PM
some people are making it much more than it really is :tape: it's not even that bad as you make it

RenaSlam.
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:09 PM
:worship: :bounce:

:worship: to the threadstarter.

cypher_88
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:15 PM
kids.....

tennisrox
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:19 PM
And we have twenty pages!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

:aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

Slow day at the office. :o

jacobruiz
Oct 31st, 2006, 03:45 PM
Oh big deal - so Shahar loses to Maria and gets pissed off. Doesn't mean her word is gospel.:lol:

goldenlox
Oct 31st, 2006, 03:47 PM
In an interview today that she made in Israeli television Shahar said that Sharapova is only nice and friendly when there are cameras but not in personal. she reveald that after the match in Zurich, Shahar's mom entered to the gym and said hello to Maria and Yuri but they did not comment. in the morning, Shahar met Yuri and said to him "well done" and again he did not response. according to Shahar this is not the first time so she have no symphathy to mrs. Sharapova. In contrast she said that Roger is very nice person in-court and off-court..Lansdorp has good Yuri stories

morningglory
Oct 31st, 2006, 03:50 PM
I lost my bet :o .... oh well what shall I pay you bg017?

Slumpsova
Oct 31st, 2006, 05:26 PM
:baby: :baby:

For your generalizing :bs:...you deserve it.
i didn't say i don't deserve any badreps from that comment so what's your piont?

actually i don't give a damn even Maria fans giving me 1,000 badreps from that quote. i don't mind having all red dots under my avatar, you just can stop me from saying my thought. now please ask yourself who actually acts like a kid?

too bad i'm not a rep whore so i have to spread some reps before giving you in return. hopefully you won't wait that long :hug:

tennismaster8820
Nov 1st, 2006, 02:20 AM
What Peer said doesn't have to mean anything! :shrug:
It's just between them!

P_Fer
Nov 1st, 2006, 02:32 AM
i didn't say i don't deserve any badreps from that comment so what's your piont?

actually i don't give a damn even Maria fans giving me 1,000 badreps from that quote. i don't mind having all red dots under my avatar, you just can stop me from saying my thought. now please ask yourself who actually acts like a kid?

too bad i'm not a rep whore so i have to spread some reps before giving you in return. hopefully you won't wait that long :hug:

I can't believe that you don't care about stereotyping people. There are good people in every group, and you'll never see that with that state of mind

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 10:15 AM
Here is some of what Lansdorp said about Yuri.
I wonder where he went every night. Prostitutes, maybe?

Has the relationship always been this harmonious?
"Yuri is not a good person. I worked for them for eight years. I have done so much for them. More than for anybody else. I arranged for families to take them in. But Yuri took advantage of it. He would leave at 11pm and come back by morning, leaving the family to look after Maria. Their room was a mess. He does not care about anybody, except for Maria. I think he doesn’t even care about his wife. She is not wanted in the game. She is too kind. She is intelligent, she reads, is well-educated; the complete opposite of Yuri. They make up this story that she does not like tennis. Rubbish, of course. Every mother wants to watch her daughter play."

So Disrespectful
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:16 AM
The comments in this thread are so...

Shaharhahaha :lol:

Ben.
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:19 AM
And we have twenty pages!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

:aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

Slow day at the office. :o

looks like i was right :lol: my assumption has now become reality :wavey:

.Andrew.
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I don't think Maria is too nice to any players off the court but I do remember her and Lindsay at Ski Dubai :shrug:

Shappica
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:50 AM
Why would they have to be nice to each other. They are competitiors!
IMO by saying that Maria is bla, bla,.. Peer knew that she will get attention she wouldn't get otherwise!

Ben.
Nov 1st, 2006, 11:58 AM
people just can't seem 2 get over this particular topic. wonder if this thread will go to 40 pages now ;)

Dan23
Nov 1st, 2006, 12:12 PM

"Yuri is not a good person. I worked for them for eight years. I have done so much for them. More than for anybody else. I arranged for families to take them in. But Yuri took advantage of it. He would leave at 11pm and come back by morning, leaving the family to look after Maria. Their room was a mess. He does not care about anybody, except for Maria. I think he doesn’t even care about his wife. She is not wanted in the game. She is too kind. She is intelligent, she reads, is well-educated; the complete opposite of Yuri. They make up this story that she does not like tennis. Rubbish, of course. Every mother wants to watch her daughter play."
classy post :o

Veenut
Nov 1st, 2006, 04:24 PM

What "classy" behavior from Yuri!:rolleyes: With Yuri's attitude towards other people its no surprise Maria is following his "classy" behavior.

ioni
Nov 1st, 2006, 04:50 PM
21 pages about maria beeing :devil: and:devil: .....what can i say it makes me :zzz:

RenaSlam.
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:05 PM
:worship:

:)

Dementinator
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:26 PM

GL is enititled to post the interview ,its very interesting ,just cos you dont like it ,so what... doesnt make it " non classy" the truth hurts I know...

the cat
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:40 PM
Look Goldenlox the Sharapova traitor :mad: and Dementinator showed up. :rolleyes:

Hi Traitorlox. :wavey: ;)

By the way how does Lansdorp think he's done more for Maria than Bollettieri did? :confused: I think Lansdorp thinks too much of himself they way most tennis players do. :o

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:55 PM
Hi :wavey: ;)
Lansdorp gave an interview that gave real insight into Yuri.
Why shouldn't I post it?

Myskina also spent some time around Maria and Yuri in 2002.
She's not a fan either :armed:

Dementinator
Nov 1st, 2006, 05:59 PM
Look Goldenlox the Sharapova traitor :mad: and Dementinator showed up. :rolleyes:

Hi Traitorlox. :wavey: ;)

By the way how does Lansdorp think he's done more for Maria than Bollettieri did? :confused: I think Lansdorp thinks too much of himself they way most tennis players do. :o

ah quit bitching ,I have been very quiet here ,I have behaved myself ,theres lots I could add to this but I aint! so think ya self lucky!! :lol:

perseus2006
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM
The PovaLoathers are celebrating their hate on this thread and reveling in their despicable spew.

Pathetic and forlorn creatures have nothing else. They live in a gloomy world of darkness and despair. They live only to be "against" someone or something. Not capable of being "for" someone or something.

the cat
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:07 PM
GL, Maria and Myskina are on good terms from what I know. Only Yuri has gotten in their way. And Masha beating Nastya for the first time at the 2004 YEC didn't help their friendship either. ;)

GL, you can post what Lansdorp said. But I think it's old news and sour grapes.

Thanks for being well behaved today Dementinator.

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:10 PM
GL, you can post what Lansdorp said. But I think it's old news and sour grapes.You would say that about any Sharapova comments that were'nt kiss-ass
Lansdorp knows them as well as anyone

the cat
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:17 PM
Oh GL I got under your skin a bit. Sorry about that. :hug: I'm probably the most fair and unbiased poster on WTA World. In fact fairness would be my middle name if it wasn't Scott. ;)

Justified criticism of Maria is fine with me. I have many times been critical of Maria. But I think most criticism of Maria is off base. And if it comes to knocking her father to get at Maria I think that's weak.

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:20 PM
This isn't criticism. It's inside information

the cat
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:25 PM
Let's change the subject from Lansdorp and Yuri to Maria. Okay?

I'm off to the office. :wavey:

mashamaniac
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:37 PM
shahar peer is strongly recommended to not talk about other players than her tennis affairs.she had already spoken on some of tennis players including daniela hantuchova.so if she sees she can't play good tennis and can make these excuses for her loses,it'd better her leaving tennis court and become a commentator.

denzuko
Nov 1st, 2006, 06:50 PM

Nice conclusion... :rolleyes:
And how did you know ?
Ah, that was you... the prostitute, maybe ?

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:01 PM
Nice conclusion... :rolleyes:
And how did you know ?You never see Yuri with his wife.
He's an adult man..

Sharakim
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:03 PM
You never see Yuri with his wife.
He's an adult man..
Wow....did you just figure that out? :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:05 PM
I have to explain it to you idiots.
He took his daughter to the US, and left his wife.
That was 12 years ago.
Yuri is with Maria when she's on the tour. Mom's never there

denzuko
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:09 PM
So what !
Unless you have the proof, or you were that prostitute... never said something like that.

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:11 PM
Proof of what, that Yuri and his wife almost never see each other?
Proof that he sees prostitutes?
I don't even know if he likes women

denzuko
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:31 PM
No.
You already proofed that you're an idiot.

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 07:37 PM
Did I proofed that?

morningglory
Nov 1st, 2006, 08:10 PM
... the fake-Russianlox...
anyway Yuri is absolutely 100% Russian in case u were wondering :p

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 08:15 PM
I've never read Dementieva saying that Yuri is not really Russian

Edward.
Nov 1st, 2006, 08:39 PM
GL, I think you're cool and all but can we please say off the:

http://www.djmonkeyboy.com/clothing/haterade-logo.jpg

What happened to the GL who would defend and praise Maria at every oppurtunity? :awww:

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2006, 08:44 PM
What happened to the GL who would defend and praise Maria at every oppurtunity? :awww:I posted an interesting Lansdorp answer.
After that, I'm just dealing with loonies :D

I have no problem with Sharapova, but I certainly am interested in what Dementieva, Davydenko, Lansdorp, Myskina, etc.,
are saying about her

Or Levy
Nov 1st, 2006, 10:12 PM
BTW, some more things from the interview about Maria.

It started when the interviewer replayed the 'hand thing' and asked for Shahar's thoughts. And then replayed it again...
Shahar described how she saw her in the middle of the serve and then said that 'it's okay to steal a point, but to reply that she was ready when asked?!" And then she said something about how 'on the other hand, answering the truth would have made her look stupid because why she didn't say anything before asked' So she sort of let her off the hook there.

She was really upset they didn't say hello to her mother, she thought it was wrong, because her mother was nice to them and they weren't nice back. She eventually (After the interviewer kept probbing) just rolled her eyes and said she can't notice that kind of people.

Oh, and then she spoke about Elena changing socks between games, but she said it fondly. She likes her.

She said that she wants to be number 1, that's what she's really after. Just top 10 isn't enough, but she doesn't think she'll make it to the top 10 by the end of next year.

A lot about her different coaches, and then she demonstrated how much her serve has changed and improved because of the new coach, how she's more relaxed now and how her serve and body were more stiff before.

Had a secret boyfriend, they broke up.

Mudbone
Nov 1st, 2006, 10:45 PM
Surely by now all tennis fans realize Maria is a self absorbed arrogant person with very few redeeming qualities....Its been obvious to me since the winter of '04 that Sharapova was nto a verly likeable player

denisgiann
Nov 1st, 2006, 10:58 PM
It is as if i can see the wtaworld when Sharopova would be at the verge of retirement.People would say that:
She won the first slam cause Serena had pms that day.
Her second slam-you need to ask?- cause of a :banana:
In her third slam Yuri and a call girl were making out during a point and she suddenly yells "take it easy".Obviously a coaching violation:lol: . and so on...

Dan23
Nov 2nd, 2006, 12:33 AM
Issues between Yuri/Lansdorp have nothing to do with Shahar comments and suggesting Yuri was leaving Maria alone to visit prostitutes is pretty tacky.

we wouldnt expect anyless

Dan23
Nov 2nd, 2006, 12:35 AM
I posted an interesting Lansdorp answer.
After that, I'm just dealing with loonies :D
Did you ever consider the idea that youre as loony as anyone else?

I have no problem with Sharapova, but I certainly am interested in what Dementieva, Davydenko, Lansdorp, Myskina, etc.,
are saying about her
Why would you listen to 1 thing Davydenko had to say about Maria?

goldenlox
Nov 2nd, 2006, 12:59 AM
I think what he said is interesting.
So is what Lansdorp said.
He is the only person, besides the family who are friends with Lansdorp, who would know that about Yuri

Lunams
Nov 2nd, 2006, 09:58 AM
By the way of what Shahar Peer saying,I know the meaning of the word"envy".

I saw Maria and Yuri in person last year,they are friendly toward us especially Yuri.I never expected he's such an kind person,but yes,he's changed my mind.

Sharakim
Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
By the way of what Shahar Peer saying,I know the meaning of the word"envy".

I saw Maria and Yuri in person last year,they are friendly toward us especially Yuri.I never expected he's such an kind person,but yes,he's changed my mind.You are so lucky! :drool:

Edward.
Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:33 AM
I think what he said is interesting.
So is what Lansdorp said.
He is the only person, besides the family who are friends with Lansdorp, who would know that about Yuri

GL, Landsdorp is a bitter old fool who is reacting in just the way someone who has been snubbed would do.

Maria dropped him when she saw she no longer required his help, and now, despite his advancing years, he is acting childishly in response.

salvy41
Nov 2nd, 2006, 03:39 PM
Surely by now all tennis fans realize Maria is a self absorbed arrogant person with very few redeeming qualities....Its been obvious to me since the winter of '04 that Sharapova was nto a verly likeable player

That seems accurate.

jacobruiz
Nov 2nd, 2006, 03:51 PM
That seems accurate.

Oh it does, does it?:rolleyes:

Well, all tennis fans do not view Maria in this manner and I am one of those who does not. How ridiculous to generalize about ALL tennis fans; the fans of Maria, especially those who have followed her career for years, know that
she is not an " arrogant person with very few redeeming qualities" and she is no more "self-absorbed" than most other tennis players.

This vicious hatred of a teen-aged tennis player reminds me very much of the hatred of the Williams sisters when they were younger.

Lunaris
Nov 2nd, 2006, 04:06 PM
This thread being on a way to become 1000+. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Karen_Smith
Jan 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM
sharapova is antipathetic

shahar is pathetic

Sefo
Jan 24th, 2007, 03:40 PM
OMG, the dinosaur thread is back.

Mina Vagante
Jan 24th, 2007, 03:43 PM
lol shahar :worship:

Slumpsova
Jan 24th, 2007, 03:54 PM
sharapova is antipathetic

shahar is pathetic
and you are beyond pathetic :wavey:

goldenlox
Jan 24th, 2007, 03:54 PM
GL, Landsdorp is a bitter old fool who is reacting in just the way someone who has been snubbed would do..
How do you know her dad isn't the bitter old fool?

I<3Myskina
Jan 24th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Go Shahar. :lol:

Princeza
Jan 24th, 2007, 03:57 PM
How do you know her dad isn't the bitter old fool?

i believe her parents arent together anymore, their situation is strange

Serenita
Jan 24th, 2007, 04:01 PM
shalalala is allways happy when she's kicking ass.....not when she's losing...

SilK
Jan 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
what's with all the threadbumping today?

nhissan
Jan 24th, 2007, 04:11 PM
nothing new here