PDA

View Full Version : So...I guess Rena isn't playing an Aussie warmup?

supergrunt
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I hope she is or else she will go into the Australian Open VERY cold :sad: . I know its Serena Williams we are talkign about here but she hasn't played since the USO :bigcry: !

Williams Rulez
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:29 PM
where did u get this from?

Craigy
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:37 PM
It's October :o

pooh14
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:41 PM
it doesnt matter if she plays or not any warmup events.
serena doesnt need much match practise to be on form.
the first few round would be enough just to improve the fitness.

Kunal
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:42 PM
isnt it early?

plantman
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:20 PM
it doesnt matter if she plays or not any warmup events.
serena doesnt need much match practise to be on form.
the first few round would be enough just to improve the fitness.

Yea, like it really helped her not to this year! All (most) the players will be rejuvenated to some degree at the start of next season. I think it's going to be a another sad year for the sisters.

P.S. I'm not hating, just calling it like I see it!

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:23 PM
well, you can't really call anything, because you have yet to see her play since bageling the #1 player in the world. If she wasn't injured, warm-ups or not, she'd be ranked MUCH higher, so as long as she's healthy, and actually PLAYING tournaments, she'll still be beating the shit out of your faves :kiss: :wavey:

Paneru
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Yea, like it really helped her not to this year! All (most) the players will be rejuvenated to some degree at the start of next season. I think it's going to be a another sad year for the sisters.

P.S. I'm not hating, just calling it like I see it!

It's twitty ignorance!

1. She was recovering from injury.
2. She was still not fit enough.

You can talk all you want, but if Serena is
healthy and fit she can walk into any event
and win it!

Why, because Serena's game is bank!

What was the main topic from fans, experts, and such
during the three events she played, it wasn't her
game , it was her level of fitness and that it could
be better.

Better fitness means better movement for Serena
which was a major factor in her loss to Momo.

plantman
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:33 PM
well, you can't really call anything, because you have yet to see her play since bageling the #1 player in the world. If she wasn't injured, warm-ups or not, she'd be ranked MUCH higher, so as long as she's healthy, and actually PLAYING tournaments, she'll still be beating the shit out of your faves :kiss: :wavey:

I've yet to see her play because SHE'S NOT!!!! Her lack of play hurts her whether you agree with me or not. Her health issues are becoming so questionable it's laughable. Quite sadding actually! She could have been ranked the best ever......:sad:

plantman
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:38 PM
It's twitty ignorance!

1. She was recovering from injury.
2. She was still not fit enough.

You can talk all you want, but if Serena is
healthy and fit she can walk into any event
and win it!

What was the main topic from fans, experts, and such
during the three events she played, it wasn't her
game , it was her level of fitness and that it could
be better.

Better fitness means better movement for Serena
which was a major factor in her loss to Momo.

Talk of BANTER........
Same ol' talk, same ol' story!!!!! What's she ranked now?:lol:

Helen Lawson
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:41 PM
She either will or she won't. Does there need to be a scandal on the board about it? Maybe she's playing the Hong Kong exhibition.

Lulu.
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:44 PM
She probably wont play a warm up tournament. Not that she needs to anyway as long as shes fit and on her game she'll be fine

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Serena hasn't played a warm up event for AO since she rolled her ankle at Sydney in 2002. She's won two AO titles since then, why change a winning pattern?

geoepee
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:09 PM

I love that! :worship: :worship: :wavey:

plantman
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I love that! :worship: :worship: :wavey:

I don't get it! :confused: Buttress?

Denise4925
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I've yet to see her play because SHE'S NOT!!!! Her lack of play hurts her whether you agree with me or not. Her health issues are becoming so questionable it's laughable. Quite sadding actually! She could have been ranked the best ever......:sad:

What health issues are you questioning? I don't get the inference. What do you think is happening?:confused:

Denise4925
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Talk of BANTER........
Same ol' talk, same ol' story!!!!! What's she ranked now?:lol:

I thought you weren't hatin'? :rolleyes: Same ole' troll shit.

darrinbaker00
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:57 PM
If history is any indication, we won't see Serena in a match that counts until Melbourne. I just hope that finally, FINALLY, she'll be ready, willing and able to play some ball by then.

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I hope she will be too

plantman
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I thought you weren't hatin'? :rolleyes: Same ole' troll shit.

If the truth hurts DENISE, is that MY fault? Get a freaking grip or stay out of the conversation!:lol:

TeamUSA#1
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:16 PM
While it was true that an healthy and fit Serena could walk into a tournament and be a factor and win it, I do not think that will be the case for the AO 2007. She will have played only a handfull of matches in a 16 month period of time. 2 things put Rena above the rest when things are on for her:

1. Fitness and Speed
2. Consistency

She always has got the power and agression but if she isn't fit eneough or consistent enough she is not going to win a Slam. We saw that this year at the USO... she seriously challenged Momo, but wasnt fit enough to last 3 sets nor was she consistent enough to beat her. Consitency and match fitness will come for her by playing tournaments. I think given her recent lack of match play, she should really consider at least playing a couple of exhibitions before the AO if she wants a serious shot at the title. I really hope she plays more next year, she should be winning at least 2 slams every year..she is just that good.

plantman
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:26 PM
What health issues are you questioning? I don't get the inference. What do you think is happening?:confused:

The KNEE for one, her extra pounds comes to mind too. (the ones a lot of people think she has shed)........Do you honestly think her knee is still a problem? Sure I'd go as far to say that it gets bothersome during a match. If you're not going to rehab it properly then expect to have problems. For her to have problems with the knee and her weight after all this time is just wrong ! She is a professional athlete, one who was paid rather well once upon a time. If she really wants to get back to playing unbeatable tennis, she needs to do some deep soul searching and drop the excuses and get back to what made her #1. GET HUNGRY SERENA, & I'M NOT TALKING FOR FOOD!!!