PDA

View Full Version : Maria vs Martina

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Do you think Martina Hingis will have a chance with that explosive service of Maria if there's gonna be a matchup at the YEC?:lol: :lol: :lol:
PS: If MARIA is in a good form which tennis player do you think can beat her, I'm just asknig.

Marcus Jordan
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:00 AM
No I don't think Maria will win the YEC, sorry, it will be really hard for you :(

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:07 AM
IT will be hard for me, what's your point?:wavey:
YOU THINK MISS SWISS Is gonna win are you kidding me?

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:20 AM
hingis would batter sharapova :cool:

PLP
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Do you think Martina Hingis will have a chance with that explosive service of Maria if there's gonna be a matchup at the YEC?:lol: :lol: :lol:
PS: If MARIA is in a good form which tennis player do you think can beat her, I'm just asknig.

WELL, There are 8 players who can win it ;)

I do believe that Maria is the favorite going in, no matter who she plays, her form has been great, but it's a different kind of tournament so who knows?

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:21 AM
hingis would batter sharapova :cool:

WHEN MY FRiend with that defensive game? on clay?::eek:

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:24 AM
WELL, There are 8 players who can win it ;)

I do believe that Maria is the favorite going in, no matter who she plays, her form has been great, but it's a different kind of tournament so who knows?

Maria has born to be a winner. She won tournaments in 2003 when she turned pro, she was born poor but now she has millions of dollars.

Marcus Jordan
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Hingis beat Sharpy like 6-1 6-3 remember...

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:26 AM

Remember the 6-3 6-1, and it was INDOORS! owned :wavey:

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Remember the 6-3 6-1, and it was INDOORS! owned :wavey:

I SAW that game, Martina played a good game but Maria played like she was affraid of her . Now Maria has a solid game and gained a lot of confidence after she won US OPEN.
Even I am very surprised of her SERVICE it's her lethal weapon.

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:32 AM
hmm, I see now that the 6-3 6-1 has been mentioned, tennis-master has disappeared :scratch:

grr, he came back

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I SAW that game, Martina played a good game but Maria played like she was affraid of her . Now Maria has a solid game and gained a lot of confidence after she won US OPEN.
Even I am very surprised of her SERVICE it's her lethal weapon.

well it's coz Maria had never faced that type of game before, and had no idea what to do about it :D

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:35 AM
hmm, I see now that the 6-3 6-1 has been mentioned, tennis-master has disappeared :scratch:

grr, he came back

I'm not disappeared my friend that was their first meeting remember now is 4-1 Maria !!!!!!!!:D

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:37 AM
well it's coz Maria had never faced that type of game before, and had no idea what to do about it :D

Please tell me your opinion about Maria's game and then about Maria's personality.

hingis2002cn
off coure Hingis is a much better player.
I think she can beat Maria.

barryproudfoot
I'm not disappeared my friend that was their first meeting remember now is 4-1 Maria !!!!!!!!:D

:lol:
2-1 more like

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Please tell me your opinion about Maria's game and then about Maria's personality.

her game is just basic, wack the ball to the corner, and screech like a banshee
her personality is boring

up!
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:40 AM
nngfhghfhfghfghfhhgfh

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:41 AM
off coure Hingis is a much better player.
I think she can beat Maria.

Remember Maria has only 19 right now and she is improving day by day, Hingis was a great Champion but now it's just history for me.
Hingis can beat Ivanovic, Dementieva, Myskina, dechy or schiavone but she is not an elite Player Anymore got that?;) ;)

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Remember Maria has only 19 right now and she is improving day by day, Hingis was a great Champion but now it's just history for me.
Hingis can beat Ivanovic, Dementieva, Myskina, dechy or schiavone but she is not an elite Player Anymore got that?;) ;)

she is an elite player. She hadn't played for 3 bloody years, and she's already in the top 8! Just think when she's back to full fitness, how good will she be then? :D She is also improving her game, and is a better player than when she was dominating, also with all the injuries to the top players atm, I don't see why she can't be at the top of the game again

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:47 AM
she is an elite player. She hadn't played for 3 bloody years, and she's already in the top 8! Just think when she's back to full fitness, how good will she be then? :D She is also improving her game, and is a better player than when she was dominating, also with all the injuries to the top players atm, I don't see why she can't be at the top of the game again

I don't think she is better than when she was dominating maybe her body is better now :) :)

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:52 AM
she hits the ball alot harder, and certainly has alot more game :D

PLP
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:14 AM
I don't think she is better than when she was dominating maybe her body is better now :) :)

Well so much of Marti's game is about timing and anticipation which isn't going to instantly comeback @100% especially as the game has changed since she was #1.

I for one really hope we get to see at least 1 match between them in Madrid. I feel like this could be a really great rivalry but they haven't played since IW :sad:

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Well so much of Marti's game is about timing and anticipation which isn't going to instantly comeback @100% especially as the game has changed since she was #1.

I for one really hope we get to see at least 1 match between them in Madrid. I feel like this could be a really great rivalry but they haven't played since IW :sad:

With her ambition Maria is gonna win in straight sets.

Shoulderpova
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I will cheer for every Hingis's opponent :)

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:44 AM

good for you then

Shappica
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:50 PM
IMO Maria is the favourite to win! Mauresmo, JHH, Klijsters and Hingis are not in good form at the moment, and I just don't see Dementieva or Petrova winning, maybe Kuznetsova...

pooh14
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:21 PM
hingis at peak vs maria at peak - hingis would win.

now hingis vs maria - maria has the edge, but i would never underestimate hingis, cause if she plays aggresively, she has equal chance of winning.

Marcus Jordan
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:55 PM

Hingis is in the first year of her comeback. She hasn't regained her stamina yet, so you will see her fade away in the 2nd set often. Next year she will keep her standard of play at a high level for longer. We saw this with Agassi after he dropped to number 141 in the rankings in 1997. He was fully committed in 1998 and reached the top 15 and won 6 titles but never passed the 4th round in the slams. Then in 1999 he regained his stamina and won the French Open, made the Wimbledon Final, won the US Open and won the 2000 Aust Open. So when a player comes back after a layoff they take a year to regain stamina, especially in Hingis' case whereby she was away for 3 years. Sharapova should be ashamed of herself if at age 20 she is unable to outlast a player with 3-year-rust. But next year, we will really see Martina's true capabilities. And it will look a lot like the start of this year when Martina was fresh enough to demolish Sharapova (and Venus) before stamina became an issue.

Marcus Jordan
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:56 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH AHA:lol:

Pasta-Na
Oct 30th, 2006, 02:00 PM
i think other players start to get used to maria's games. i believe she will only reach QF the most in all G.Ss in future.

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM
i think other players start to get used to maria's games. i believe she will only reach QF the most in all G.Ss in future.

If Maria doesn't reach at least semis in Grand Slams except ROlland Garros that's a bad tournament for her expectations. Right now she is the most constant player in grand slams in Wta in the last 3 years when i started to watch her games.

franny
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Whatever, just bring it on and we will see. I love both girls, but when they play, anything goes. Martina can beat Maria, and of course vice versa. Just shut up and wait till the matches. One can talk after the match.

égalité
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:50 PM

Hingis is not a defensive player! She is an ATTACKING player. Why do people think that anyone who doesn't demolish the ball on every groundstroke is a defensive player?

jacobruiz
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Whatever, just bring it on and we will see. I love both girls, but when they play, anything goes. Martina can beat Maria, and of course vice versa. Just shut up and wait till the matches. One can talk after the match.

Agreed! Especially the "shut up" part.

No.1Hingis
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Whatever, just bring it on and we will see. Martina can beat Maria, and of course vice versa. Just wait till the matches.

Agreed with that ;)

LoveFifteen
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:11 PM

And Hingis will cheer for you when your English improves. :help:

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:16 PM

:lol: good one

tennis-master83
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Hingis is not a defensive player! She is an ATTACKING player. Why do people think that anyone who doesn't demolish the ball on every groundstroke is a defensive player?

Hingis is a player who likes playing on clay but who never won Rolland Garros because of Steffin Graf demolish the ball on ground strokes:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She is the most offensive player in the Wta TOUR !!!!!!!!!!!

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:16 PM
DeLuSIon by the Martians I see... this is the 21st century people... stop living in the past already. :p
oh well... hope if they are in different groups somehow the Swiss Miss makes that date... a bit doubtful considering Martina's recent form tho :lol: :p

As for the answer, any player can beat another on a given day... it just happens that in this case Masha is the overwhelming fave!

morningglory
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:17 PM

:nerner: you wish! :nerner:
They never got used to Seles's or Serena's or Venus's games for that matter... you simply can't get used to power tennis. It's not that easy!

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:23 PM
DeLuSIon by the Martians I see... this is the 21st century people... stop living in the past already. :p
oh well... hope if they are in different groups somehow the Swiss Miss makes that date... a bit doubtful considering Martina's recent form tho :lol: :p

As for the answer, any player can beat another on a given day... it just happens that in this case Masha is the overwhelming fave!

delusion by the sharapova barmy army. you people think she is invincible or something :drink:
As for over-whelming favourite, wasn't she at the AO, FO and Wimbledon too? And we all know how that panned out :cool:

OZTENNIS
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:24 PM

its actually 2-1 sharapova:rolleyes:

what is it with people like u making these stupid polls:confused: :mad: Martina is a champion (a much more classy and mature champion than Sharapova will ever be:p ) and has that ability to do what champions do best-----win unexpected matches!!:worship:

now if u dont mind get over the far-from-invincible-sharapova and stop making stupid threads :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Hawn
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I do not think will be blown away by Sharapova at the YEC. Hingis schooled her in Tokyo and their next matchup in Dubai was a tight two sets with many deuces although Sharapova won 6-4 6-3. Hingis does well indoors and will be a major contender, not saying she'll win but she'll push her a lot.

franny
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:33 PM

Omg LOL!!! That was too good, I almost spat out my food.

sweetpeas
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Maria.:cool: :bounce: