Oct 29th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Chakvetadze
Kirilenko
A. Radwanska
Dushevina
Jankovic
Peer
Golovin

All of these young players rely on an all-around game rather than a huge weapon or powerful strokes.

Sure they can all crack a fair amount of winners, but none will overpower you.

So can any of these players make a big impact on the tour i.e. win a slam, crack the top 5, etc.?

Paul.
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Chakvetadze
Kirilenko
A. Radwanska
Dushevina
Jankovic
Peer
Golovin

All of these young players rely on an all-around game rather than a huge weapon or powerful strokes.

Sure they can all crack a fair amount of winners, but none will overpower you.

So can any of these players make a big impact on the tour i.e. win a slam, crack the top 5, etc.?

Chakvetadze - i think you underestimate how powerfully she hits. she isnt as powerful as the marys and lindsays of this world but she still hits pretty hard. i think she has a bright future ahead of her

Kirilenko - well, as we all know, recently, maria has been very very :help: but she did start the year pretty well, taking lindsay to 3 sets in australia and last year was pretty good too. i think she is good at constructing points and can put away winners quite well and if she ups her game then maybe she can be top 15 or even top 10 for a short while. im not sure she has the potential to win a slam though. she is already 20 and her game should be pretty developed by now.

A. Radwanska - aga is naturally a slight girl so she is always going to be somewhat lacking in power, but her placement seems to be pretty good and she is a young after all. she wares down at her oponents. but she needs to sort out the ball toss IMO - she throws it so far behind!! :eek: i think she can reach top 10

Dushevina - can be very hit and miss. i dont think she will ever be a slam contender if im brutally honest :sad:

Jankovic - no weapons?! hav you seen her cross court backhand? :drool: but i do know what you mean - she isnt really a power player. but i think she will always be a top 10 contender noted in slams - we've all seen her potential

Peer - i havent seen peer play too much but in the match against sharapova, her defense was absolutely incredible!!!!!! she was able to stay in the point for sooo much longer than anyone expected and her accuracy (even if she does lack power) was almost perfect. i think she will be in the top 10 for quite a long while in the future

Golovin - golovin has one huge weapon that just seems to get better and better - her serve!!! last year ad then beginning of this year, it had such a querky motion what with the pre-serve "bouncing" :lol: but since then it has gotten so much better and she can crack down aces. i think she is great in long rallies but needs to learn to make a move and seize her opportunities. again, i think she will be a top 10 player but lets not get carried away about the slams - she needs to win a normal title first!! :lol:;)

Derek.
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I know all of them have weapons, but not huge weapons.

Jelena has an awesome backhand, Tati has a good serve and forehand, and Anna has a good forehand.

But they aren't going to hit you off the court with those shots either.

That's what I meant.

RenaSlam.
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Tatiana will win a slam :worship:

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I agree that Chak's power is underrated. It's a Myskina type power. Very, very flat and a low trajectory. She can nail it.

iPatty
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:57 PM
If Tatiana's forehand isn't going to hit you off the court, can you give me an example of a shot that will?

iPatty
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:18 PM
But in response to the rest of the thread...

Chakvetadze - I can see Anna having a Patty Schnyder-esque career...never really challenging for slams or the top five, but staying in the 6-12 range and having consistent results week after week.

Kirilenko - Maria seems to get down on herself quite easily, which can lead to slumps. I see her having a period where she really goes on a tear, cracking the top five and (maybe) winning a slam, but then she'll fall off and become another Hantuchova...wasted potential.

A. Radwanska - I don't see how Aga expects to keep up with the modern power game with her groundstrokes and her serve. Sure, she can move the ball around nicely, but I don't see her doing anything major.

Dushevina - I highly doubt she'll even be top twenty, much less contending for majors and being a top five presence.

Jankovic - I can see Jelena winning a slam late in her career, when she's quite matured as a player. As of now, I don't see her being a slam champion, but I think she has the potential to be top five. Once she matures and gets over her "theatre" attitude, then we'll talk about majors.

Peer - Shahar is very fun to watch, because she's such a great mover and defensive player. I think she has the potential to be top three...maybe number one. If she can turn her solid backhand into a major weapon (which isn't out of the question), watch out for her.

Golovin - Tatiana, to me, has the most potential out of all these girls. She maybe needs to improve her shot selection a little bit (i.e. not going for drop shots at stupid times) and work on her backhand. But if she gets her forehand to be "on" more than it is "off", then we may be looking at a multiple slam champ.

No Name Face
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Jankovic, Peer, and Chakvetadze will win slams IMO.

Jankovic has the best backhand DTL I've ever seen.
Peer will run her way to a slam. She might bag a French Open.
Chakvetadze has a Myskina/Hingis hybrid game. Not as good as either, but the fact that she's a smart player and is fast should assure her a slam.

SzavayFi
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Chakvetadze - She and Myskina have such similar games its scary. Chakvetadze definately has the potential to win slams but im not sure if her game can develop much further than it has.
Kirilenko- Maria has been slumping awfully lately but she had a tremendous end of 05 and beginning of 06. She has loads of talent and I can most definately entering the top ten in a few years. I think if she gets things together she could win a slam, but that will take alot of time.
A. Radwanska- Never seen play.
Dushevina- Does have much of anything, I cant see her ever cracking the top 15 even.
Jankovic- Most talented of this list. She has a solid forehand, an awesome backhand, one of the best on the tour. She will win slams and be world number one in a few years.
Peer- Such a gritty competitor. Very physical player, which is also risky to her health. Easily a top tenner if injuries stay afar.
Golovin- Definately has the talent but she is very up and down. She will crack top ten sometime but it will be short lived.

zakketiello
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:20 AM
I know all of them have weapons, but not huge weapons.

Jelena has an awesome backhand, Tati has a good serve and forehand, and Anna has a good forehand.

But they aren't going to hit you off the court with those shots either.

That's what I meant.

tatiana is not an all around players, she doesn't go on the net neither is someone pay her:D

Derek.
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:23 AM
If Tatiana's forehand isn't going to hit you off the court, can you give me an example of a shot that will?

:smash:

It's not a huge weapon is what I'm saying.

When I think a huge weapon or a huge forehand I think Dementieva, Vaidisova, Kuznetsova, Henin-Hardenne, etc.

Tati isn't in that league.

There are many girls who hit harder than Tati.

I'm not taking anything away from this girls, as I'm a fan of most of them.

Pheobo
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Chakvetadze
A. Radwanska
Jankovic

I think they have the best futures. I'm a little bent on Golovin...she can be pretty up and down. I was impressed by Douchevina a year and a half ago but she hasn't really made much progress. Peer has never impressed me.

Derek.
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Here's what I think. :)

Chakvetadze: Anna has great groundstrokes, she moves well, she has a good all-around game. She returns well and she can crack that forehand at times. Could she win a slam? Possibly. Top 10

Kirilenko: Maria has a lot of talent. I still believe she'll get into the top 10. I think if she had some luck and played really good she could win a slam, but she's going to make a good run soon at a slam soon. Top 10

A. Radwanska: She's got a lot of variety, but she lacks power and can easily be hit off the court. But once she gets a bit more power she'll be good. Top 30

Dushevina: Her forehand is crap and so is her serve. She has an ok backhand, but if she doesn't fix things she won't progress much. Top 50

Jankovic: Jelena has a lot of game and she's a great fighter. If she can keep it together mentally I can see her winning big titles and maybe a slam. Rank: Top 10

Peer: Shahar is a really good fighter and she has a solid backhand. If she can improve her forehand and her second serve she can go far. Top 10

Golovin: Tati has a lot of game and she's got a great serve and a great forehand. Top 10

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:31 PM
The top 10 are not all big.

Justine, Kim, Amelie, Sveta, Martina, Patty (that's 6 of 10)
are all 5-9 or under

fufuqifuqishahah
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:35 PM

are all 5-9 or under

Sveta and Kim got that powe

he's not talking about size so much -- more so powerful weapons

madame_maria
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:39 PM

are all 5-9 or under

:help:

this isn't about PHYSICAL size!

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Sveta and Kim got that powe

he's not talking about size so much -- more so powerful weaponsWell, he started with Anna C, who plays flat. That's all she does, is use power
And she's about 5-9, not small

tennisrox
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Golovin will be the best of the list. She'll win a slam or two. She just needs to stay fit!

Jankovic will be a terrific player, solid top 5, but I don't know if she has the steel to actually cross the final hurdle and win a slam.

Chakvedatze-another terrific player, but a nutcase so who knows?

These three are the best, but i'll put my money on golovin.

Craigy
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Tati's forehand is a pretty big weapon.

Lulu.
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Tati will win a Slam

FrenchY52
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:27 PM
:help:

this isn't about PHYSICAL size!

Lol !!
:lol: :tape: :help:

ezekiel
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Tati will win a Slam

she has to win a title first ;)

clonesheep
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Golovin will be the best of the list. She'll win a slam or two. She just needs to stay fit!

Jankovic will be a terrific player, solid top 5, but I don't know if she has the steel to actually cross the final hurdle and win a slam.

Chakvedatze-another terrific player, but a nutcase so who knows?

Chaky is not a "nutcase". She may be emotional on court sometimes but she knows what she is doing.

Hardiansf
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Anna C and Jankovic are the best from that list. They will win a slam.

Derek.
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Well, he started with Anna C, who plays flat. That's all she does, is use power
And she's about 5-9, not small

Are we talking about the same Anna here? :o

Anna does hit flat, but she doesn't only use power.

Anna has a big forehand, but it's not a killer shot.

goldenlox
Oct 31st, 2006, 02:21 PM
Are we talking about the same Anna here? :o

Anna does hit flat, but she doesn't only use power.

Anna has a big forehand, but it's not a killer shot.Anna C overhits a lot.
That was a big problem for her