PDA

View Full Version : is Bob Verbeeck happy :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:30 PM
he's got his girl playing but his tourn is reduced to a laughing stock :devil: :devil:

nbaker53
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:30 PM
You're weird.

-Ph51-
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't say that.

~Carsten~
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:12 PM
:tape: what a Tournament :lol:

Brαm
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:10 AM
It's not his fault that players like Petrova, Safina or Chakvetadze are too tired/lazy to play :shrug:

jimbo mack
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:01 AM
it's a tier 3

he shouldn't expect a star studded field

The Kaz
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:03 PM
it's a tier 3

exactly! It was a tier III with the field of a tier II! :rolleyes:

Mileen
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM
it's a tier 3

He didn't expect that, but the thread starter did. ;)

Slumpsova
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:49 PM
imagine when Kim retires in 2007
i think Hasselt will be cancelled for sure :help:

Bart
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:53 PM
imagine when Kim retires in 2007
i think Hasselt will be cancelled for sure :help:

And Antwerp ;) :rolleyes:

Whatzup
Oct 30th, 2006, 02:42 PM
WTF, like it's his fault! Those players are too lazy too play. I think it's pretty silly that some players pull out because it is the week before the YEC or they haven't a chance to compete there anymore, or because it's the last week of the tennis year for the most players.
I think that Hasselt is a very good and professional tournament. Too bad that the draw has 10 quallie places, but I still think it has some good players.

Martian KC
Oct 30th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Hehe.....................

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:33 PM
He didn't expect that, but the thread starter did. ;)

whatever :p

idiot Bob only made maindraw on Friday so he could "show off" that his love child Kim was back playing

draw is a joke cos of all the withdrawals and he had to re-make the draw again :tape:
had he waited until the proper time to make the maindraw, he could have avoided this.
but oh no...... :devil: :lol:

pierce0415
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:35 PM
whatever :p

idiot Bob only made maindraw on Friday so he could "show off" that his love child Kim was back playing

draw is a joke cos of all the withdrawals and he had to re-make the draw again :tape:
had he waited until the proper time to make the maindraw, he could have avoided this.
but oh no...... :devil: :lol:

I still don't understand why he had the power to remake the draw :help: instead of simply promoting the players next to be seeded :rolleyes:
is there a rule in the wta handbook that allows tournament directors to do this :confused:

arn
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:37 PM
The draw is worth a tierIII so I don't see the problem.

I don't like Bob that much either but you got to confess his tournament(s) is/are amongst the best organised in the world. This year all tournament directors of all tierI and II's were invited to Antwerp to learn from how it is organised, that has to be worth something :)

~CANUCK~
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I still don't understand why he had the power to remake the draw :help: instead of simply promoting the players next to be seeded :rolleyes:
is there a rule in the wta handbook that allows tournament directors to do this :confused:

Im actally pretty sure there is a rule that allows them to do it. I don't remember it exactly, but if enough people pull out that it distorts the balance of the draw then they can redo it.

Slumpsova
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:53 PM
i don't think it is. at least not in the edition i have :o

pierce0415
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:55 PM
i don't think it is. at least not in the edition i have :o

that is what I thought
so basically next year he will redo the Antwerp draw when Clijsters draws V Williams 1R :lol:

arn
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Im actally pretty sure there is a rule that allows them to do it. I don't remember it exactly, but if enough people pull out that it distorts the balance of the draw then they can redo it.

I also heard about that rule...If X of the top-players pull out, they can redo the draw or something