PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrite Pova Goes From Not Remembering Who Finished 2005 #1 To Dreaming Of #1:tape:

pierce0415
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Sharapova beats Petrova to win Generali Ladies

LINZ, Austria (AP) -- Maria Sharapova won her fifth title of the season Sunday, beating defending champion Nadia Petrova 7-5, 6-2 in the Generali Ladies final and advancing to No. 2 in the rankings.

Sharapova has won 16 straight matches and has not lost since before the start of her successful run to the U.S. Open title.

The top-seeded Russian overtook Justine Henin-Hardenne in the rankings and now trails only Amelie Mauresmo. Sharapova needs to win the season-ending WTA Championship in Madrid, Spain, to finish on top.

"It is my dream to end the year on the No. 1 spot again," Sharapova said.

Petrova, seeded second, won her first career title in Linz last year.

"I am so disappointed," the Russian said. "I really got my chances in the first set. But after missing them, I just did not play up to my usual standards anymore."

Sharapova dominated from the start, breaking serve in the first game. But at 4-3 she double-faulted and lost her serve. Sharapova then saved two set points and later held serve and broke before serving out the set.

In the first game of the second set, Petrova lost serve again. She then had few chances against Sharapova's strong serve.

"I started very well, but got a bit tired towards the end of the first set," Sharapova said. "Saving the two set points gave me a huge boost. I always play my best tennis when under pressure."

pierce0415
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:13 PM
can someone please remind me when was the last time that Maria finished a year #1 :confused: ... or is she only dreaming of finishing #1 again because the first time was only a dream :tape: ???

also 2 weeks ago, when #1 was a distant possibility, she claimed to not care about finishing #1. Now that it is a very real possibility, she claims that it is her dream :tape:

Paul.
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:13 PM
she probably means that she wants to be number 1 again, at the end of the year not that she wants to be year-end number 1 for a second time.

you look into things way too much :lol:

Martyś
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:20 PM
You can kiss her ass, pierce0415.

Really, don't be a fool.

Who doesn't want to be number one ?

You' re not obligated to remember who was number one at the end of the year unless you were :p

Slumpsova
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:32 PM
i agree with pierce, since when that finishing the year at #1 becoming her dream? weeks ago she even said nobody will not remember who does it and she as well doesn't give a damn :tape:

jacobruiz
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:33 PM
You can kiss her ass, pierce0415.

Really, don't be a fool.

Who doesn't want to be number one ?

You' re not obligated to remember who was number one at the end of the year unless you were :p

:lol: Exactly!

And Maria has said quite often that she'd like to be #1 again!

mike/topgun
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:36 PM
:lol:
pierce0415 you take Masha way to seriously...:lol:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Pierce666 is the best example how a fan can turn into a hater. Congrats :wavey:

-Sonic-
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Maria's a spanner

new-york
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:38 PM
how scandalous.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Well, one thing we know for sure. The Year End #1 will never be Mary.:wavey:

Ferosh
Oh shut up and leave her alone. Now I really hope Maria finishes up the year #1.

Martyś
how scandalous.

:haha:

franny
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:52 PM
THe again at the end of the statement makes me think that she just means that she wants to be number 1 again. I could be wrong, in which case she would be a hypocrite. But even so, one can understand that, because before, she was further away from it and clearly did not want to put more pressure on herself. Now, she is closer to it and it's a real possibility, so she can say I want to be number 1. Who cares, they are tennis players, not statesmen.

Poova
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:56 PM
God people on this forum really do jump on every little thing Maria says.

Pathetic. Get a life. :rolleyes:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:56 PM
I just don't understand the vitriol when it comes to discussing Maria.

Before Linz, Maria makes a statement that #1 isn't that important to her. She probably thought it was going to be difficult to do all the things she is required to do leading up to the YEC, to give herself the opportunity to become #1.

And now that she has beaten the hottest player in the fall tour, she is probably much more realistic about her chances to become #1 and play well in the YEC. Probably thinking about it more, and has decided that it is more important to her than she previously thought now that she has a realistic chance at the top spot.

No hypocritical statements by Maria. Just hyper-critical assholes pissed at their favs crashing and burning at the hands of fate.

When Maria wasn't winning, they attacked her....now that Maria IS winning...they still attack. That makes them vitriol trash.

the cat
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Well said Swami.

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:12 PM
she probably means that she wants to be number 1 again, at the end of the year not that she wants to be year-end number 1 for a second time.

you look into things way too much :lol:

Exactly..some people really need to step away from the tv set and computer for awhile :lol: :help:

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I hope she ends #1 too, but I wanted this before the idiotic slew of threads :rolleyes:

bis2806
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:26 PM
This is expected of Maria :o

morningglory
:lol: apparently his two least faves playing the final at Linz has knocked piercey off-center for now :lol:
Go Maria and Nadia! Keep driving him nuts!

mike/topgun
No hypocritical statements by Maria. Just hyper-critical assholes pissed at their favs crashing and burning at the hands of fate.
:speakles:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

:yeah:

Dasha_
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Sharapova beats Petrova to win Generali Ladies

LINZ, Austria (AP) -- Maria Sharapova won her fifth title of the season Sunday, beating defending champion Nadia Petrova 7-5, 6-2 in the Generali Ladies final and advancing to No. 2 in the rankings.

Sharapova has won 16 straight matches and has not lost since before the start of her successful run to the U.S. Open title.

The top-seeded Russian overtook Justine Henin-Hardenne in the rankings and now trails only Amelie Mauresmo. Sharapova needs to win the season-ending WTA Championship in Madrid, Spain, to finish on top.

Petrova, seeded second, won her first career title in Linz last year.

"I am so disappointed," the Russian said. "I really got my chances in the first set. But after missing them, I just did not play up to my usual standards anymore."

Sharapova dominated from the start, breaking serve in the first game. But at 4-3 she double-faulted and lost her serve. Sharapova then saved two set points and later held serve and broke before serving out the set.

In the first game of the second set, Petrova lost serve again. She then had few chances against Sharapova's strong serve.

"I started very well, but got a bit tired towards the end of the first set," Sharapova said. "Saving the two set points gave me a huge boost. I always play my best tennis when under pressure."

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I second that

``Becoming No. 1 is a huge achievement, but I don't personally think ending the season as No. 1 is a huge deal,'' said Sharapova. ``I honestly can't remember who finished last year No. 1. You remember who won the Grand Slams and who has been No. 1, not who finished the year No. 1.''

:rolleyes:

KBdoubleu
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:01 PM
It is actually pretty funny that she said these two things in what, less than two weeks?

However, Maria certainly has been playing like a number 1 player for a couple of months now and if she manages to end the year #1 it will certainly have been well earned

tenn_ace
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:30 PM
too bad I can't give more bad reps to priels666... for now

*roddicksinme*
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:33 PM
lol

gmak
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:39 PM
omg what a crime...

shame on you Masha!

Kitten63
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:58 PM
you take things way too way seriously.

perseus2006
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I am surprised Pova admitted going for #1. It's clear this has been her intention or she would not be in LInz. It just gives the media a chance to beat her up. Nothing positive will come of her admission, as you can see from the general response on this board.

One thing to remember. Pova chance for taking #1 at the YEC is very small. Essentially, she has to reach the final and have JHH crash somewhere early. It's not on her racquet. JHH controls the battle. The best situation would be for Pova and JHH to meet in the YEC Semis. If JHH wins, she's #1. If pova wins, then all she has to do is win the Final and she is #1.

bellascarlett
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Maria has always said that she wants to be number 1 AGAIN. Read that statement, it says AGAIN. She's never held the year-end number one but she has certainly been number 1. Thus, she is talking about being number 1 in the world in general. And if she has the chance to be in that top position at the end of the season, then so be it. She'll gladly take her chances year-end or not.

There is absolutely no connection between not remembering who last year's year-end number 1 was and always wanting to be number 1.

There's nothing hypocritical about her statements because they aren't anything new. The number one spot has always been 1 of her goals. Whether she achieves it year-end or not, she obviously doesn't give a damn. It's not about when it happens - what's important to her is that it happens..period.

goldenboi356
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:13 PM
$$$$$ is the only reason I think of---sawcy, hypocritcal. *note i did not read the orginal post*

dinhd82
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I think Maria makes up her "dreams" whenever they are within reach.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:14 PM
This is expected of Maria :o

Mommy hates you, that's why you hate Maria.

cellophane
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm less entertained by this thread than I'm annoyed by the nickname "Pova". :bolt:

up!
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Perhaps the journalist didn't transcribe well what Maria said.

WIMBLY2004
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:40 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

I second that

I knew you and Pierce389648 would be a good pair:lol:

Dasha_
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I knew you and Pierce389648 would be a good pair:lol:

Well, thank you so much on such a great compliment! :kiss:

WIMBLY2004
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Well, thank you so much on such a great compliment! :kiss:

No worries hon, you deserve it:worship:

faboozadoo15
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I think Maria makes up her "dreams" whenever they are within reach.

fortunately for her, the sky is the limit ;)
she doesn't need to make up dreams because everything is within her limit.

mashamaniac
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:44 PM
well,u guys hate masha,it's right. but the word "hypocite" really fits those bunch of ppl who are trying and faking to make a popular and famous person like a dirty person. well,masha has her own and true fans so if u stupid say "hypocite pova" it's something bitin' u from somewhere else,no? if someone really loves masha so there's no reason to listen to u garbage. please try to avoid some of ppl to shit on u,ok??

mashamaniac
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:46 PM
there's no need to wish masha becoming #1 cuz without praying she's now a real #1,so we as her true fans just wish her a better 2007 season .for making u haters more annoyed she'll be able to win even all 4 gs of next season.

Ajrob
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:59 PM
this is a great chance for Maria. Last two years she just could ended at #4. :D

Brashkoala
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:01 PM
no news here. maria has always been a hypocrite.

im sorry, but has she ever ended the year ranked number one? no

denisgiann
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:02 PM
can someone please remind me when was the last time that Maria finished a year #1 :confused: ... or is she only dreaming of finishing #1 again because the first time was only a dream :tape: ???

also 2 weeks ago, when #1 was a distant possibility, she claimed to not care about finishing #1. Now that it is a very real possibility, she claims that it is her dream :tape:

Get A Life

mashamaniac
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:05 PM

sorry pal,but despite 19 yo do u expect her to end 10 years as #1??

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Geez ppl's. who gives a stuff on what Maria does. if she wants 2 dream about finishing as the World's No.1 player for 2006 & not remembering who finished no.1 last year then let her for god's sake. some people need 2 get themselves a life.

mashamaniac
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:43 PM
so plz let them get a life!

go hingis
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Lol this is funny and I think her fans should be laughing along and not taking it too seriously.

Dan23
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Maria please stop saying things because Pierce054284 is sitting waiting to create a thread about everything you say.

Dreaming of getting back to #1 and thinking Slam wins are more important than finishing the year #1 are completely unrelated.

No worries hon, you deserve it:worship::lol:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Who bloody cares whether Maria remembers or not who finished 2005 as #1? :rolleyes:

If she is guning...or dreaming of #1, then let her be. She deserves to get it, as she is the form player on tur right now.

Maybe you haters should go climb Mt. Everest, shout out "I hate Maria!" several times, and then be buried under an avalanche from the resulting echo. Or just jump, if there isn't one.

We will definately appreciate your efforts. :tape:

perseus2006
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Justine-Fan, You were correct about Olivia-Special, what do you think about pierce-Nubienne???

Way to go pierce! For this one, you have surely earned the Mary Carillo Yellow Journalist Award!!!

A spectacular effort on your part to take absolutely nothing and make it into a negative, four page PovaLoathing thread, and counting.

You have demonstrated with this thread all the essential personal Attributes of the Yellow Journalist: a total lack of integrity, appalling incompetence and covered your lack of credibility with imaginative inuendo, distortion of facts and outright lies!!!

This is just an incredible accomplishment for you.

Buitenzorg
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Let's see if she can remember this time ;)

Dan23
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:36 AM
You have demonstrated with this thread all the essential personal Attributes of the Yellow Journalist: a total lack of integrity, appalling incompetence and covered your lack of credibility with imaginative inuendo, distortion of facts and outright lies!!!
well summed up

bellascarlett
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:45 AM

no news here. you obviously didn't understand what she meant. :lol:

you even asked a question and answered it trying to sound smart...:tape:

she clearly said AGAIN coz she was referring to being number one, not necessarily year-end number one.

i'm sorry but has she been number one? yes, of course she has.

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Justine-Fan, You were correct about Olivia-Special, what do you think about pierce-Nubienne???

Way to go pierce! For this one, you have surely earned the Mary Carillo Yellow Journalist Award!!!

A spectacular effort on your part to take absolutely nothing and make it into a negative, four page PovaLoathing thread, and counting.

This is just an incredible accomplishment for you.

:lol: way 2 go

pooh14
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:26 AM
first of all, it is unbeleivable for a tennis player a top 5 tennis player not to remember who was the world no1 last year.
second of all, is no big deal for her to be dreaming to be world no1 this year......everybody in her position would do the same....

i think it is time for us to accept maria for who she is....
in my opinion (this is just my opinion, it might not be right)

maria is a girl who only bother about winning, she doesnt care how she gets it. meaning if she has to cheat to win, she will. she has no concern about her. she is not bothered whether her loud grunt is going to be irritating anybody. she is not bothered if the world talks about her illegal coaching...

she has no concern for her the fellow players, i mean she doesnt treat anybody as friend. so if they get injured and suffering on the other side for her, she feels happy.

she, i would say, have arrogance, as she is still a teenager and have achieved so much. the same thing hingis had when she was a teenager. however, i found hingis more tolerable.

however, after saying all the negative things, i have to say she has great will power and never gives up, which i would say it is her strongest point. i am confident as she gets older, she would change.

meanwhile, is best for do not make a big issue for every small thing a teenager said.

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:32 AM
can a few words that maria says cause such a stir. yes i would think so. some people in this forum make a big fuss over nothing.

Sharakim
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:01 AM
first of all, it is unbeleivable for a tennis player a top 5 tennis player not to remember who was the world no1 last year.
second of all, is no big deal for her to be dreaming to be world no1 this year......everybody in her position would do the same....

i think it is time for us to accept maria for who she is....
in my opinion (this is just my opinion, it might not be right)

maria is a girl who only bother about winning, she doesnt care how she gets it. meaning if she has to cheat to win, she will. she has no concern about her. she is not bothered whether her loud grunt is going to be irritating anybody. she is not bothered if the world talks about her illegal coaching...

she has no concern for her the fellow players, i mean she doesnt treat anybody as friend. so if they get injured and suffering on the other side for her, she feels happy.

she, i would say, have arrogance, as she is still a teenager and have achieved so much. the same thing hingis had when she was a teenager. however, i found hingis more tolerable.

however, after saying all the negative things, i have to say she has great will power and never gives up, which i would say it is her strongest point. i am confident as she gets older, she would change.

meanwhile, is best for do not make a big issue for every small thing a teenager said.You make her sound like she is some cold heartless bitch, which is really sad if that's the way you choose to see her.

Kunal
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:28 AM
jus some ol info

chris whiteside
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:30 AM
You make her sound like she is some cold heartless bitch, which is really sad if that's the way you choose to see her.

Well, I think she is. But that's just my opinion, obviously different from yours but neither one more nor less valid than the other.

Sharakim
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Well, I think she is. But that's just my opinion, obviously different from yours but neither one more nor less valid than the other.True. Oh well, that's life.

pooh14
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:46 AM
You make her sound like she is some cold heartless bitch, which is really sad if that's the way you choose to see her.

nope. i do not see her as a bitch.
i see her as a arrogant teenager. obviously anybody at that age achieving so much will have the same attitude. they think life is always going to be like that.

i think she will grow out of these in matter of years.
some of her behaviour makes me digusted such as the hand incident recently. but to make every little issue she did into a big thing is too much in my opinion.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:04 AM
i think she can do it