PDA

View Full Version : Predict Clijsters' Decision by the end of next year!

rhz
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Will she retire enf of 07?

azmad_88
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:52 AM
i honestly think she will play till Antwerp 2008

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:15 AM
i honestly think she will play till Antwerp 2008

have 2 agree with u 2 :sad: would like 2 see her play for another 10 years but her health is more important i suppose.

Sharakim
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:20 AM
She says she's retiring at the end of 2007, and I believe her. I hope Kim has a fantastic year in 07 because I'm going to miss her when she leaves. :sad:

pooh14
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:21 AM
i think it depends on her body next year. if she keeps on getting injured, she might stick with her decision. otherwise, she might change her mind.

i do hope she changes her decision though. she is too young to retire. just look at hingis. she retired young and wasnt satisfied, had to make a comeback.
i hope clijster will think carefully before making retirement. i hope she just follows agassi's style. giving everything to the game till the very end before retiring.

xin_hui
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:30 AM
i do hope she changes her decision though. she is too young to retire. just look at hingis. she retired young and wasnt satisfied, had to make a comeback.

i think people have to understand that just because martina also retired before, it doesnt make her situation the same as kim.

to save time explaining the differences, i'll just quote myself :o from a post i made recently

martina didnt really plan on retirement at that time, she was somewhat forced into it by her foot injury. so one can say she had unfulfilled business. kim OTOH has already set this dateline which she knows is coming. so she knows whatever she achieves by then will be it, it's not an abrupt end like martina

2nd point, martina didnt retire for a family. so there is no such baggage to consider when she came out of retirement. whereas kim is, and it's a whole new different ballgame to try to come back after having a family

JackFrost
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I believe it, when I see it. ;)

GoClijsters
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Yes, i think she's really going to retire. Maybe if she wins 2 grand-slams, and if she won't get injured nex year, she might play for another year but I don't think that's realistic. She looks very sure about her decision and her body is really fed up.
I'm going to miss her very much. She's been out for 3 months and I miss her now already.
She said she would play in Antwerp in 2008 and that will be her last tournament.

radwanska
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Leave the girl alone she has been hard at it since around 15,and she used to enter doubles in most of her events.The way she plays it takes alot out of her body she is always on her feet dancing round the court sliding into balls.You can see why she is tired.And she says she wants to enjoy a good quality of life and have children with brian lynch.Its time for her to call it a day

Brαm
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:52 AM
No, not in 2007. But she will retire in February 2008 :p :sad:

jochem
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:02 AM
If Kim enters all Slams before retirement and wins all and if Justine doesnt win anymore Kim could end with one more Slam than Justine :haha:

Veeko
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I think yes,but i hope not :sad:

Xanadu11
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Omg I can't believe she's only going to be around for another yr and a bit.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:34 AM
she said she is retiring in Antwerp in 2008

Kemper
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Will she retire enf of 07?

No, she will continue playing for many, many years.
Because she will realize that there will be never anything in which she is as good as in tennis.

Kimster
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo!

Because she'll play the Antwerp Proximus Diamond Games in 08. :rolleyes:

After that she WILL retire. Absolutely. :sad:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:50 PM
If Kim enters all Slams before retirement and wins all and if Justine doesnt win anymore Kim could end with one more Slam than Justine :haha:

It would take retirement from Justine Henin-Hardenne and injury absence from the top 10 for Kim to win another GS title.

Justine owns Kim, something the country of Belgium will just have to accept.

Kemper
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Leave the girl alone she has been hard at it since around 15,and she used to enter doubles in most of her events.The way she plays it takes alot out of her body she is always on her feet dancing round the court sliding into balls.You can see why she is tired.And she says she wants to enjoy a good quality of life and have children with brian lynch.Its time for her to call it a day

I will not leave the girl alone. It is no way to call it a career.
God has given her the talent, she was born to be a tennis player.
To retire prematurely is mocking the will of God!:angel:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:57 PM

It would take retirement from Justine Henin-Hardenne and injury absence from the top 10 for Kim to win another GS title.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/28/200px-Princess_Fiona.jpghttp://www.kim-clijsters.co.uk/images/nieuws/thumb_Antwerp06%20Feb%2014%20Kim%20Press%20Conf2.j pg

http://www.nicholsoncartoons.com.au/cartoons/new/2003-06-28%20Hewitt%20parents%20.8.JPG

Kemper
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:01 PM

We already accepted in the 70ies that Evert owned Navratilova.
We accepted that Graf was over the hill in 1999 and Hingis would spank her if she ever made a slam final again.
We accepted in 2002 that the Williams sisters would dominate the decade.
And we accepted that Momo never would win a slam.

Why should we accept that Justine owns Kim?

Enough is enough .....

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:10 PM
We already accepted in the 70ies that Evert owned Navratilova.
We accepted that Graf was over the hill in 1999 and Hingis would spank her if she ever made a slam final again.
We accepted in 2002 that the Williams sisters would dominate the decade.
And we accepted that Momo never would win a slam.

Why should we accept that Justine owns Kim?

Enough is enough .....

As I said before, Belgium doesn't deserve Justine.

Justine is from a French-speaking portion of Belgium, which is largely why she's not supported. Belgium's petty ethnic issues related to tennis shows their true colors. Justine put Belgium tennis on the world map. Show some respect.

That fat, nasty bastard Leo Clijsters projected his own Olympic "cocktail" by belittling Justine's athletic abilities with his failed attempt at accusing Justine of illegally enhancing her physique. His attempts at hijacking the Belgian Fed Cup team failed.

terjw
Oct 29th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Kim will stick to her decision. She said she would play in Antwerp in 2008 and that will be her last tournament.

I'm not sure exactly what that means in 2008 though. I got the impression when she said it - that she planned to retire at the end of 2007 and just play that one tournament in 2008. But I think she might well play AO in 2008 and preparation tournament(s) for that AO. Then she won't play until Antwerp - and that will be that.

I am pretty certain there won't be any comeback. She'll start a family and that will be the most important thing for her then.

Tennace
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:15 PM
I cant see Kim as someone who says something but doesnt do it, so I sadly think she will retire after Antwerp 2008 :sad:

UpskirtFan
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Kim Clijsters is one of the most athletic, sexy and good looking tennis players ever and I will miss her when she retires. :kiss:

I do wish this won´t be at the end of next year but I think she will make true what she always said. :sad:

Her health is more important for me than seeing her playing tennis on tv all over the world. Girl, do what you think is best for you and enjoy the time after your tennis career. :hug: :smooch:

Also good luck for your family plans even though I hate it that I am not at Brians place... :fiery:

honeyke
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:40 PM
No, not in 2007. But she will retire in February 2008 :p :sad:

indeed ;)

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:31 PM
People don't understand how grueling this sport is.
Kim wants to go out without a major health issue that's life-long

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I think she will, I think this injury break gave her a sample of what she'll be enjoying when she's off, plus she seems really excited about starting a family.

-Ph51-
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Tonight there is a long interview with her on the flemish television. It seems she'll diclose a lot about her future in it.

Kemper
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:53 PM
As I said before, Belgium doesn't deserve Justine.

Justine is from a French-speaking portion of Belgium, which is largely why she's not supported. Belgium's petty ethnic issues related to tennis shows their true colors. Justine put Belgium tennis on the world map. Show some respect. .....

I'm a fan of both. I don't think you have to remind me to show respect for Henin.
She IS supported in the Walloon Region AND in Flanders. So ist Clijsters.
That Justine is even MORE popular in the French part of the country and Clijsters more in Flanders doesn't change that.