PDA

View Full Version : Dear God.. Let 2007 be injury free for all the WTA ladies...

rhz
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:26 AM
So we tennis fans could see the best ladies out there competing and the best Woman would finish First. Amen!!!

Lenafan
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:33 AM
A lot of tournaments leading to legitimate injuries. Increased prize money and increased appearance fees leading to made-up injuries, precautionary injuries, and the general fact that tour people have to play less tournaments and do fine financially. Don't think much will change next year especially the late dropout factor. Not to mention players like Henin, Mauresmo, and Clijsters are at the point in their career in terms of wear and tear on their body and their tennis accomplishments where Slams are the thing that matter by a landslide. I can't see lesser tournaments firing them up even the "Tier 1's". It's no coincedence that none of those 3 won a Tier 1, yet they won 3 out of the 4 Grand Slams this year and made 10 out of a possible 11 GS semis between the 3 of them. The only blemish was Mauresmo's 4th round loss to Vaidisova amongst the 3 of them. The Nasdaq will be a nice tournament to go to since it sure seems that players like the Florida area since some live there and it is Tier 1 and it is well attended on both the men's and women's side. Some of the Tier 1's this year were Tier 1's in name only.

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:41 AM
i'm 100% sure that the WTA will not be injury free. i'm sorry but it's true.

DutchieGirl
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:04 AM
So not gonna happen. :(

ClaudiaZ-S
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:10 AM
To God be the Glory :) :worship:

Lindsayfan32
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Tha sounds good but I want Lindsay to be injury free for the year and then everyone else but you are right the matches will be more competive if everyone is healthy.

Sharapovafan4eva
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Oh I hope so!