PDA

View Full Version : Year-end No.1 scenarios - Justine vs. Maria (Amelie out of the running)

GoDominique
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Maria will be the year-end No.1 if

1. she wins Madrid and Justine doesn't reach the final.
2. she reaches the final and Justine doesn't reach the semifinal.

Justine will be the year-end no.1 if

1. she reaches the final.
2. she reaches the semifinal and Maria doesn't win Madrid.
3. she reaches the 3rd place in her group and Maria doesn't reach the final.

Quite simple actually. :p

darrinbaker00
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Mauresmo, Henin-Hardenne and Sharapova: the WTA Tour Axis of Evil. :devil:

hu2891601
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:16 AM
thanks for the info and calculation! ^_^

Shoulderpova
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Obviously Amelie is out of competition

GoDominique
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Obviously Amelie is out of competition
Pretty much, yes.

rhz
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:22 AM
so Justine needs to finish better than Maria and vise versa. ALLEZ JUSTINE!!!

GoDominique
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Well that's an oversimplification. :p

LucasArg
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:27 AM
I think Maria is going to take it. She is the one playing solid solid tennis TODAY.
In my opinion I don't think Justine plays at the YEC and Mauresmo has to defend her crown and is not playing very consistent these last months.

Shoulderpova
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:35 AM
I think Maria is going to take it. She is the one playing solid solid tennis TODAY.
In my opinion I don't think Justine plays at the YEC and Mauresmo has to defend her crown and is not playing very consistent these last months.

:angel:

hu2891601
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Justine doesn't need to have a better result than Maria at YEC to finish as year ending #1..

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:05 AM
I still stand by what I say & that is that justine will finish No.1 in the World. Look she doesn't have 2 do 2 much really if u look at the scenarios as it's really maria & amelie that have 2 make something happen, especially amelie who needs somesort of a miracle 2 finish no.1.

but maria definitely has a much better chance than amelie 4 no.1 though.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:01 AM
i think its gonna be either Maria or Justine i cant see Momo winning it this year

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:05 AM
i think its gonna be either Maria or Justine i cant see Momo winning it this year

well it's very obvious that alot of people can't see amelie finishing no.1 me myself including. looks like the odds r stacked against amelie but it's not impossible 4 her 2 finish no.1 but i highly doubt it.

Russianboy90
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:08 AM
MARIA SHARAPOVA will be the NO.1!!!!!!:) :cool:

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:24 AM
It'll be Maria I have a feeling

Dani12
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:34 AM
It'll be interesting to see who wins the Linz final, I think whoever wins that will probably win YEC...

GO NADIA!

northern lad
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:37 AM
I still stand by what I say & that is that justine will finish No.1 in the World. Look she doesn't have 2 do 2 much really if u look at the scenarios as it's really maria & amelie that have 2 make something happen, especially amelie who needs somesort of a miracle 2 finish no.1.

but maria definitely has a much better chance than amelie 4 no.1 though.

Your grammar hurts my head.

jerry yan 08
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:45 AM
:) :) Justine Henin-Hardenne will champion

Dexter
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:51 AM
I really hope Maria & Justine meet in the final of YEC :)

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Your grammar hurts my head.

what i mean by maria & amelie making something happen is that they have 2 reach the final or win the YEC & hope that justine doesn't put in a good performance there.

GoClijsters
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:32 AM
It's between Maira and Justine I guess. We just have to wait to see if Justine plays or not.
Maria is in great shape! I think she's going to take it even though, it won't be simple.

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:53 AM
It's between Maira and Justine I guess. We just have to wait to see if Justine plays or not.
Maria is in great shape! I think she's going to take it even though, it won't be simple.

it's pretty much all up 2 justine & maria really 2 determine who be the no.1 queen of 2006. i doubt whether justine would finish 4th in her RR group, i say she will reach at least the semis.

Uranus
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I just hope Maria doesn't win! Go Justine!

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:02 AM
i wouldn't mind seeing any of the 3 take the year end no.1 ranking for 2006.

pooh14
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:46 AM
i think all 3 are deserving #no1s.
but on a more personal level, I prefer amelie to be #no1, but that seems quite impossible, so maybe my second choice would be henin

chris whiteside
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:54 AM
It's a sad day for women's tennis that the year should end like this.

The only reason Miss Sharapova is in the equation is because of the injuries to Mauresmo and J2H since Wimby.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Surprisingly the result of tomorrow's Linz final is completely irrelevant for the question, it only depends on Madrid.

Amelie will be the year-end No.1 if

1. she wins Madrid and Justine finishes 4th in her group/doesn't play and Maria doesn't reach the final. UNLIKELY

Maria will be the year-end No.1 if

1. she wins Madrid and Justine doesn't reach the final.
2. she reaches the final and Justine doesn't reach the semifinal.
3. she reaches the semifinal and Justine doesn't play and Amelie doesn't win Madrid.UNLIKELY

Justine will be the year-end no.1 if

1. she reaches the final.
2. she reaches the semifinal and Maria doesn't win Madrid.
3. she reaches the 3rd place in her group and Maria doesn't reach the final.
4. she reaches the 4th place in her group and Maria doesn't reach the final and Amelie doesn't win Madrid.
5. she doesn't play and Maria doesn't reach the semifinal and Amelie doesn't win Madrid.UNLIKELY

Quite simple actually. :p

I think Justine has a much easier shot at ending the year at #1 based upon the scenarios. Petrova is on another tear right now and if she ends up in the same group as Sharapova, Justine will be #1.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:45 AM

The only reason Miss Sharapova is in the equation is because of the injuries to Mauresmo and J2H since Wimby.

Incorrect. Maria put herself in this position when she won the US Open and went undefeated since the US Open. Her formidable play in Grand Slam events is another factor.

Aaron68
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM

Seriously? That's what you think?

Sharapova is presently 55-8 on the year, she won the US OPEN, she has won 15 straight matches, and 23 of her last 24. Are you kidding me?!

Masha is "da bomb". Now, that doesn't mean she will win the YEC, or be Year End #1. But she certainly deserves to be in the competition.

This is GREAT for women's tennis, AFAIC. Three talented women battling it out until the end. Look at the ATP: have any doubts as to the Year End #1? Is there ANYONE on the ATP who can even challenge Federer, and then Nadal? No.

But the WTA has a battle at the top. That's great. It's completely unclear who had the best year. And it all comes down to the YEC. I can't see how that could be anything but fantastic.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:00 AM

No.

If Justine reaches the finals, it doesn't matter how well Amelie or Maria do.
If Justine reaches the semifinals, Maria HAS to win the YEC to take the YE #1 position.

Shoulderpova
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:00 AM

:rolleyes: and don't tell me that Mauresmo's and Henin's losses to Sharapova at US Open were because of their injuries :weirdo:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:02 AM
But the WTA has a battle at the top. That's great. It's completely unclear who had the best year. And it all comes down to the YEC. I can't see how that could be anything but fantastic.

That one's easy. Whoever ends the year #1 had the best year on tour.

Aaron68
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:11 AM
That one's easy. Whoever ends the year #1 had the best year on tour.

I agree.

And that's why the WTA is wonderful to follow right now. There's such intense competition. I love watching Roger beat the hell out of everyone. I really do. But let's face it: the WTA is where it's at right now. The fact that it is coming down to the YEC is amazing.

joaco
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:45 AM
thanks for the news!

madame_maria
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Mauresmo, Henin-Hardenne and Sharapova: the WTA Tour Axis of Evil. :devil:

more like the holy trinity. :bounce:

densuprun
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:08 PM

Bullcrap. Amelie played two more tournaments this year than Maria. Maria had her own share of injuries. If she gets YE#1 over Mauresmo, she has deserved it.

Marcus1979
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:13 PM
its funny how often this happens

the player who wins most slams does not end up #1

i.e

Venus in 2000 and 2001 won 2 slams
Serena in 2003 won 2 slams
and now likely be Mauresmo in 2006 with 2 slams

the end story is that I think players would value slams higher than #1.

I do think u could argue Mauresmo had the better year since she was the only multiple slam champion in 2006

sapir1434
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Very very very tough for Amelie to finish the year as number 1... :awww: well but that doesn't matter, she was the one who has been number 1 for most of the year :p

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:25 PM
more like the holy trinity. :bounce:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Aaron68
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I do think u could argue Mauresmo had the better year since she was the only multiple slam champion in 2006

They don't just play four tournaments a year.

We are talking about YEAR end #1. That is for the whole year. All the tournaments, the whole deal.

Is it impressive that Amelie won 2 Slams? Of course it is. Is it impressive that Masha won the US Open and multiple Tier I tourneys? Absolutely. Does the point system need an overhaul? Ummm ... you betcha.

Amelie won two Slams, and no one can ever take that away from her. Twenty years from now, NO ONE will care who ended the year #1. But they will remember that Amelie won two Slams.

But the Year End #1 is different. It isn't just a contest to see who wins the most Slams.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:37 PM

i.e

The only two times this decade that the YE #1 player held the most (or equal) calendar year GS singles titles is Serena Williams in 2002 and Justine Henin-Hardenne in 2003.

Lindsay Davenport, the Tier'ed Queen, was YE #1 in 2001, 2004 and 2005 without having to win a GS title.

Nicolás89
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:37 PM

i.e

im not going to discuss with you because could be endless but didnt justine won 2 slams too in 2003?:wavey:

pooh14
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:49 PM
They don't just play four tournaments a year.

We are talking about YEAR end #1. That is for the whole year. All the tournaments, the whole deal.

Is it impressive that Amelie won 2 Slams? Of course it is. Is it impressive that Masha won the US Open and multiple Tier I tourneys? Absolutely. Does the point system need an overhaul? Ummm ... you betcha.

Amelie won two Slams, and no one can ever take that away from her. Twenty years from now, NO ONE will care who ended the year #1. But they will remember that Amelie won two Slams.

But the Year End #1 is different. It isn't just a contest to see who wins the most Slams.

i agree with you. #no1 year end is just not about slams.
there are only 4 slams per year. to finish #no1, you must be consistent in every tournament you play.
anyway whoever finishes #no1, deserve the spot.

hwanmig
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Amelie completely fuck her chances for ending year number one:o.

DragonFlame
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Amelie completely fuck her chances for ending year number one:o.

look at justine, only a few wins in the fall would have given her the no1. without doubt.:o now we have to wait and see if she even plays...:(

chris whiteside
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:08 PM
:rolleyes: and don't tell me that Mauresmo's and Henin's losses to Sharapova at US Open were because of their injuries :weirdo:

At the end of Wimby Mauresmo and J2H had the Slams wrapped up between them. Since then both have been struggling with injury which is why the position has changed radically.

You only have to look at J2H's 1st serve percentage in the USO final to tell that her back was troubling her.

Uranus
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:10 PM
No.

If Justine reaches the finals, it doesn't matter how well Amelie or Maria do.
If Justine reaches the semifinals, Maria HAS to win the YEC to take the YE #1 position.

But Justine never reached a YEC final, did she? Moreover she's coming back from injury this time...

Beny
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:11 PM
ALLEZ JUSTINE:)
Nice calculation btw. ;)

hu2891601
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Off topic question: Who in here really believe that Maria's injury was real???? she "can't even walk".. i guess she just can't walk in Russia..

goldenboi356
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Incorrect. Maria put herself in this position when she won the US Open and went undefeated since the US Open.

and momo and ju just willingly and acceptingly give their position to be num 1 away? please. if it weren't for momo and ju's injury, sharapova wouldn't even be in the picture.

goldenboi356
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Maria had her own share of injuries. If she gets YE#1 over Mauresmo, she has deserved it.

i wouldn't call waiting for your opponents to fall b/c they are unable to defend/gain while u gain deserving. Had momo or ju been to fit and play, no one would even doubt it would be these two winning the 2 titles that sharapova won.

Lefty.
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:04 PM
i wouldn't call waiting for your opponents to fall b/c they are unable to defend/gain while u gain deserving. Had momo or ju been to fit and play, no one would even doubt it would be these two winning the 2 titles that sharapova won.

The point is they're not. No if's, and's or but's. They're NOT healthy, nothing anybody can do about it. So, Maria won Zurich and Linz. Her name will be written as the 2006 champion, not "was champion, but it should have been Justine Henin-Hardenne or Amelie Mauresmo as champion but they were injured." The tour is about who is healthy enough to play, and if they are healthy enough, they play and win. You probably wouldn't be saying the same thing if Sharapova is injured next year and isn't able to win titles.

densuprun
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:10 PM

Do you have a selective comprehension problem or what? I wrote already that Momo played more tournaments this year than Maria. Maria also had injuries this year just not that many after Wimbledon. If Maria stands above Momo in YE rankings, she deserves it.

Your point is OK regarding JHH only, not Momo.

Wayn77
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Maria Sharapova is destined to finish the year no. 1 and deservedly so. Semi-finalist at Wimbledon, winner of the USO, coming back to win convincingly Linz and Zurich (injured in Moscow). Amelie has had a moderate 6 months (well beaten in the China final by Kuzy), Justine has been absent.

densuprun
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Had momo or ju been to fit and play, no one would even doubt it would be these two winning the 2 titles that sharapova won.

Yeah, right. Try to make a poll and see how many people will have doubts.

illianna
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:18 PM
if Sharapova finishes as n1 it will be totaly deserved...she just played amazing since wimbledon and I don't think Amelie or Justine could beat her right now even if they were healthy - after all she beat them both in a row at the US Open...at the moment she is just too good

Piotr'ek
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Maria will stay undefeated till end of the season :)

Piotr'ek
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:23 PM

and momo and ju just willingly and acceptingly give their position to be num 1 away? please. if it weren't for momo and ju's injury, sharapova wouldn't even be in the picture.:lol: :rolls: :lol:

Milli
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:32 PM
If Masha finishes as the No.1 it'll be completely deserved:) I mean,give her a little credit,she worked hard and she improved a lot, and all the success that came wasn't just luck;)
Justine...Well she reached 4 major finals,won one so yeah,she deserves the place as well...So does Amelie but she was a little bit too inconsistent this season imo;)
So yeah,Maria is the one that played amazing and cosistent season and right now,she probably is the best player in the world. GO MASHA:bounce:

Nickitos2006
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Off topic question: Who in here really believe that Maria's injury was real???? she "can't even walk".. i guess she just can't walk in Russia..

Fuck…:fiery: It’s just incredible, how stupid can be people sometimes… Listen, guy, how can you judge the things that you really have no idea about? Have you seen Maria’s foot? No? So shut up and don’t spread this shit any more! If u don’t believe Sharapova, it’s your problem. But you’d better to believe Tarpishev, our Fed cup captain, who said in interview for Russian Tennis Channel, that he saw Masha’s foot himself, and it was just in horrific condition. She barely could step on it. And of course she couldn’t play her match. May be it happened because of the surface, may be not, it doesn’t really matter. But what is really matter is that her injury was not fake as some idiots think :mad:

starr
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Justine looks like she's sitting in the catbird seat.

WIMBLY2004
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:13 PM

Had Maria not had to skip the clay season, she would have been No.1 earlier:rolleyes: every player has their fair share of injuries, oh well, some people just want to be blind whenever it comes to Maria:o

bellascarlett
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Had momo or ju been to fit and play, no one would even doubt it would be these two winning the 2 titles that sharapova won.
:haha: Yeah after beating them at the Open, and on indoor hardcourts, nah I wouldn't bet on that.

That's so much wishful thinking. :lol:

WIMBLY2004
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:56 PM

Mauresmo and Justine gained when Maria was injured earlier, what do you say about that?

And Maria and Mauresmo played the same number of tournaments after USO, and both of them withdrew one, so what kept Mauresmo from gaining the same points as Maria:scratch:

Rtael
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Maria will stay undefeated till end of the season :)

Even if she does, Justine could still end #1. ;)

Nickitos2006
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:19 PM
C’mon, fucking haters :devil: The only reason why Maria didn’t win her second Slam earlier, was her mystery chest injury, which has been chasing her the whole last year. But even then, despite not being able to play her game, and thinking on court just about how not to aggravate her injury, Maria still could reach at least semifinals on each events, including Slams and YEC, playing healthy Mauresmo, Clisters and Henin. That was really amazing! This year that fucking injury’s finally gone and we can see the result - 5 tittles and possibility to be №1 at the end of the year. And don’t forget about couple of things: 1) She played just 14 tournaments this year, not 25 like others; 2) She's missed part of the season with some foot injuries.
So, her results speak for themselves and you just have to accept it, my dear haters.:mad:

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:30 PM
C’mon, fucking haters :devil: The only reason why Maria didn’t win her second Slam earlier, was her mystery chest injury, which has been chasing her the whole last year. But even then, despite not being able to play her game, and thinking on court just about how not to aggravate her injury, Maria still could reach at least semifinals on each events, including Slams and YEC, playing healthy Mauresmo, Clisters and Henin. That was really amazing! This year that fucking injury’s finally gone and we can see the result - 5 tittles and possibility to be №1 at the end of the year. And don’t forget about couple of things: 1) She played just 14 tournaments this year, not 25 like others; 2) She's missed part of the season with some foot injuries.
So, her results speak for themselves and you just have to accept it, my dear haters.:mad:

u tell them. i mean why would maria fake an injury. she loves 2 compete & loves 2 give it her all the court.

goldenboi356
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Mauresmo and Justine gained when Maria was injured earlier, what do you say about that? [QUOTE]

Although I do not recall her injury (whether she did not publicly annouces it so the whole world will know or not; or because her injury was not prolonged enough for me to notice) I would say that all of them are playing for their own benefit.

[QUOTE]
And Maria and Mauresmo played the same number of tournaments after USO, and both of them withdrew one, so what kept Mauresmo from gaining the same points as Maria:scratch:

the injury which forced momo to withdrew from 1 or 2 of the tounis she entered; and because I am not a fan of her, i do not recall which ones.

goldenboi356
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:56 AM
:Yeah after beating them at the Open, and on indoor hardcourts,
T

Notwithstanding the USO losses, when did sharapova ever beat momo indoor, nonetheless ju:

momo lost to vadisova in moscow and hantichova in zurich
ju never even played

goldenboi356
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Yeah, right. Try to make a poll and see how many people will have doubts.

why don't you since u insist on the fact that there will be doubts? the burden lies on your half to prove otherwise, not mine.

wtatourfan
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Seriously? That's what you think?

Sharapova is presently 55-8 on the year, she won the US OPEN, she has won 15 straight matches, and 23 of her last 24. Are you kidding me?!

Masha is "da bomb". Now, that doesn't mean she will win the YEC, or be Year End #1. But she certainly deserves to be in the competition.

This is GREAT for women's tennis, AFAIC. Three talented women battling it out until the end. Look at the ATP: have any doubts as to the Year End #1? Is there ANYONE on the ATP who can even challenge Federer, and then Nadal? No.

Your completely right Aaron! I agree with you. It´s amazing all the year's work of this three ladies end up in a competition full of emotions! I cant´wait to watch those matches and see Maria winning one more title.

madame_maria
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Notwithstanding the USO losses, when did sharapova ever beat momo indoor, nonetheless ju:

momo lost to vadisova in moscow and hantichova in zurich
ju never even played

OH so Maria made Amelie lose to Nicole and Daniela.

i see. black magic. voodoo shit huh?

croat123
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:22 AM
i think it's funny that mauresmo can win ao, wimby, and the masters and still not end the year at #1

perseus2006
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:28 AM
The YEC has shaped up to be very exciting!

The best scenario, IMO, is that JHH gets Player Of The Year for four Slam Finals with one win and Pova get the YEC Title and #1 spot!!!

For that to happen, we will get some amazing tennis!!!

WIMBLY2004
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Although I do not recall her injury (whether she did not publicly annouces it so the whole world will know or not; or because her injury was not prolonged enough for me to notice) I would say that all of them are playing for their own benefit.

Well, she almost skipped the whole clay season due to injury, the only one she played was the French Open.

the injury which forced momo to withdrew from 1 or 2 of the tounis she entered; and because I am not a fan of her, i do not recall which ones.

Mauresmo entered Beijing, Moscow and Zurich and withdrew from Zurich after 2nd round; Maria entered Moscow, Zurich and Linz and withdrew from Moscow after 2nd round; so basically they played the same numbers of tounaments.

Junex
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:07 AM
This YE#1 ranking is much like the World Championship in MotoGP between Valentino Rossi & Nikki Hayden!

I am so sad dor Rossi for that unfortunate mistake in the beginning of the Valencia race, But kudos to hayden.....

Mauresmo is really out of the picture, IMO, and whoever finish on TOP...well is a dream come true for me...I love both ladies, though I love Justine more, but whoever wins the YEC deservely so the YE#1

If Maria wins the YEC I will be proud, If she won't, then Justine will be YE#1.....

Shoulderpova
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Maria's current winning way must be keeping many haters up all night :hearts: And I love it :drool: :drool:

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:20 AM
i think it's funny that mauresmo can win ao, wimby, and the masters and still not end the year at #1

it's about consistency these days. if your extremely consistent then u will finish no.1.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:51 AM
The "Holy Trinity" Of Tennis... Justine (Trinity One), Amelie (Trinity Two) and Maria (Trinity Three)... to battle out for the title of the Greatest One in 2006

Who will be "The Greatest One" by Nov 12?

This has to be the most anticipated YEC since... I don't know... ever?

I can't really wait for next week, when the Boards will be buzzing non-stop for days over the YEC... especially the fans of the "Holy Trinity" :yeah:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 30th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Oh yeah, by the way, Justine's chances to end #1 for 2006 is really looking good... Maria will need some help from other players, and Amelie needs a miracle...

Ben.
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:25 AM
The "Holy Trinity" Of Tennis... Justine (Trinity One), Amelie (Trinity Two) and Maria (Trinity Three)... to battle out for the title of the Greatest One in 2006

Who will be "The Greatest One" by Nov 12?

This has to be the most anticipated YEC since... I don't know... ever?

I can't really wait for next week, when the Boards will be buzzing non-stop for days over the YEC... especially the fans of the "Holy Trinity" :yeah:

yeah i can't wait 4 all the festivities 2 begin. race to year end no.1 glory couldn't get any better than this between 3 marvellous contenders in amelie, maria & justine.

GoDominique
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Updated. Amelie is out of it.

jochem
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:01 AM
This basically means Maria needs to win Madrid to end the year at no.1... I dont see Justine not making the semis... Go Justine!

Kunal
Nov 9th, 2006, 11:08 AM
thanks for the work

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I believe in Maria :D

KClijsters
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I give Justine more chance .... if she reach the final she will end the year as number 1.

And I think Justine will reach the final .... ofcourse it's too early to say that, but such a feeling I have.

Paneru
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I think it's definitely gonna be Justine.

pooh14
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:16 PM
i strongly beleive justine n maria would be winners of their group.

justine just needs to reach the finals to be #no1, and she would be playing the 2nd player in the other group which most likely is Kim or Kuzzie.

Justine should be able to beat any of these players unless she screws up.

Thus, in my opinion, justine has higher chances to be #no1.
One way though would be if Kuzzie wins against Kim today, Maria tanks to Kuzzie, so Kuzzie would be no1 in the group.
In that way, Maria would be playing Justine in the semis, and seeing current form, I see her beating Justine and take the title in the final ;)

I wonder if Maria would take that risk.....