PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova is...

supergrunt
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Sharapova is at her peak right now? Agree or disagree?

Nicolás89
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:17 AM
every year she get better and better so i dont know

dreamgoddess099
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:18 AM
As long as you aren't making dumb threads about Serena for once.

morningglory
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:19 AM
she'll go higher yet!

bellascarlett
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I think you're kidding yourself if you think she is at her peak.

Ben.
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:32 AM
no i wouldn't think she's at her peak yet. still gotta a long way 2 go b4 that happens.

akosiirwyn
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:45 AM
I wish her outfits were at the same level as her play...

supergrunt
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:48 AM
As long as you aren't making dumb threads about Serena for once.

Come on, fit in. :) :rolleyes: Anyway, So how will her game improve for those who said that she is not at her peak?

mboyle
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Come on, fit in. :) :rolleyes: Anyway, So how will her game improve for those who said that she is not at her peak?

She will continue to get stronger and faster. She will learn how to volley. She will gain experience and, with it, will learn more about strategy and court sense. She is good enough to dominate now, I think. However, her peak will start in 1.5 or 2 years.

IceHock
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Her peak will be when she wins RG, then you know she's good.

morningglory
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Wtaworld... I give you... the return of the ONE and ONLY mboyle!!! :D ;)
Haven't seen you for quite a while :wavey:

bellascarlett
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:57 AM
I wish her outfits were at the same level as her play...

:confused: thread relevance...:lol:

Her outfits are great once in a while especially for the big events. I'm honestly quite happy she isn't putting much effort and thought into dressing the part of the star everytime. This isn't a modelling or fashion contest anyway. The tennis comes first for her - it's quite obvious - which is very nice. :)

bellascarlett
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Wtaworld... I give you... the return of the ONE and ONLY mboyle!!! :D ;)
Haven't seen you for quite a while :wavey:

Where has he been? :confused:

morningglory
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Where has he been? :confused:

well :o actually I meant only in Masha's forum tho...
I saw him in GM a couple times b4...

supergrunt
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:15 AM
She will continue to get stronger and faster. She will learn how to volley. She will gain experience and, with it, will learn more about strategy and court sense. She is good enough to dominate now, I think. However, her peak will start in 1.5 or 2 years.

omg myboyle haven't ssen you in a while :lol: here we go witht the Maria physco-fanatic claims again :lol: jk :hug:

Derek.
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:19 AM
No, she's not at her peak yet, but she sure is starting to look like the best player now. :unsure:

Sharakim
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Maria hasn't reached her peak yet, but she's rising pretty fast now. Her time is coming. I think USO 2006 is a sign of her future dominance on hard courts.

Dan23
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Definitely not at her peak....

Derek your sig needs correcting :p

Andy.
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Definatly not, she still has improvement in her game and she will continue to do so, i dont think we will see the best of Maria untill she is about 21/22.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:01 AM
I don't agree. Maria has a very excellent chance of winning more grand slam titles next year. I think she will peak around the time for Wimbledon.

lynch79
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:02 AM
She's certainly great right now, no doubt, but she still needs to improve her net play.

Anna F'd Enrique
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:02 AM
nope.

She has room to improve.

franny
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:04 AM
I do not think she is at her peak yet. She can improve so much it's not even funny. Her volleys are still mediocre at best. Venus and Serena improved their volleys dramatically before they started dominating. Plus, court sense. Her court sense still isn't that great. She is good with hitting the balls hard side to side, but I'd like to see her use more angles and hitting some short balls, like Seles. I have seen her hit a few slices now, which is a good sign. They still land kind of short, so she'll need to improve on that. Plus fitness. She can get fitter, faster. Getting fitter means she can play back to back tournaments without looking like she's exhausted to the point of dying(like at the end of today's match). So much to improve, such a bright future.

perseus2006
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Pova has great game, for sure, when she can play it. She won her last two matches mentally: never say die, fighting spirit and "true grit".

Her peak will come when her endurence and strength catch up with her game. Those two attributes can only be moved swlowly over time. Her peak is still two to three years in the future.

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:12 AM
I voted yes, because, to this point, this is the best that we've seen her. I do think that she can grow though.

crazyroberto6767
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:30 AM
No one will know until her career ends.