PDA

View Full Version : 8th consecutive russian title.

Shonami Slam
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:41 PM
most been said already here:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=269029&highlight=russians

4th all russian final of the year. seems natural that the two top title winners of the year (russian, that is) battle away for this one.
preview of the YEC? perhaps.
also to be noticed - Nadia's 3rd final consecutivly (sttutgart, moscow and linz) sharapova's 3rd (USopen, Zurich, Linz) with a withdrawel at Moscow QF.

Shoulderpova
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:43 PM
:drool:
title number 5 for Maria or 6th title of the season for Nadia. That is just great. I love it :)

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:53 PM
most been said already here:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=269029&highlight=russians

4th all russian final of the year. seems natural that the two top title winners of the year (russian, that is) battle away for this one.
preview of the YEC? perhaps.
also to be noticed - Nadia's 3rd final consecutivly (sttutgart, moscow and linz) .
Nadia's 3rd consecutive final, and she won 4 of 5 tournaments before her injury this spring

RR-87
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:54 PM
:rocker2:

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:38 PM
wow, what a year for both. But since it's a Tier II, Maria won't win. She only likes the big titles :cool: :p

RenaSlam.
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Everyone is currently injured.

ASerenusFan
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:48 PM
ughr, so many russian, too many russians

Aaron68
Oct 28th, 2006, 07:36 PM

It isn't going to change in the near future, either. Belarus defeated Russia in the final of the Junior Fed Cup. There's another whole generation waiting in the wings.

And Maria is still a teenager herself.

And as far as US tennis is concerned ... forget it. Stick a fork in it, it's done.

Shonami Slam
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:16 PM

it's the quality and the versitality that they (potentially) bring that counts.
most of them (as most tennis players in general) bring a very simular, if not carbon copy of the same game type - but checking the top100 is enough to prove the huge differences between the bolletteri tennis of sharapova, to the the huge hitting kuznetsova, the extreme grip of dushevina, the floaty spon of vesnina, the speedy reach of dementieva, the countering myskina or the huge serving bovina - not to mention krasnoroutskaya - perhaps the most capable of them ever, though sadly out of tennis.
as long as such a high percentage of thier top players are bringing that kind of differences between them, all with high success to it, than i'm pleased, and don't care that thier russian, except the fact that bieng russian means you put your whole heart in it and do it to your max, with the full love and care and even too much emotion. i appreciate it, i adore it - the moment i'll get the impression they are simply jamming it all up, i'll quit my obssesion with them - so far, even the few youngsters i've seen (kulikova, orlova, poltroskaya) have brought completly different games.
they are not immatating basics, they are trying to improve it.
it may cost us in the meanwhile in other nations at the top - but it is providing us with great tennis there. and tomorrow, the final is going to be a whooping performance of two of the greatest they've produced.

Wayn77
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Russian Tennis rocks :worship: :worship:

fammmmedspin
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:27 PM
if you look at it they have 7 in the top 20 - with two more closing. Half the top 10 is Russian with at least another two who wouldn't look out of place. The best or possibly now second best Russian isn't even in the top 10 at the moment. The top 10 has three perpetually injured non-Russian players, the top 5 has majority Russian presence and the number 1 may soon be Russian. Its hardly surprising they are winning a lot?

P_Fer
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Go Russians!