PDA

View Full Version : Linz Final: (1)Sharapova vs. (2)Petrova - Who Will Win?

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4148/sharavspetrcc1.jpg

Vote.

Ferosh
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:25 PM
This time it's goint to be Petrova! :unsure:

msharafan
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:29 PM
maria will win if she has the energy to win but right now she looks exhausted!

mike/topgun
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:16 PM
after playin so many matches ina row, Masha can be tired:unsure:

if it gets to three sets it's gonna be hard for Maria:scared:

Nevertheless - Maria def Nadya 7-6(5), 7-6(5):p

msharafan
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:17 PM
i really hope maria can win this! :) good luck masha!

einna
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:22 PM
i hope maria wins!!

ioni
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM
masha :)

barryproudfoot
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I said Petrova would win the tournament from the start, and I've seen nothing to change my mind

lilimi
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
it will be a tight match again, lost by nadia :sad:

Nickitos2006
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Well, first of all, it’s great to see another all Russian affair in the finals! Well done, girls! :yeah: For sure, Vadisova would’ve been MUCH easier opponent for exhausted Masha. But I’m really happy for Nadya making this final, although she isn’t one of my faves. But for me it was amazing to see how people could underestimate Petrova... She’s one of the best Russian players and she’s on of the best players all over the world, and definitely she will win many more titles during her career, including Slams. No doubt about it!
As for tomorrow, it obviously is going to be really hard for Maria. She is deadly tired and exhausted.:sad: I just hope on her mental toughness, but something tells me that it won’t be enough... Nadya is just tooooooooo good these days...
But anyway, Удачи, Маша!:kiss:

LH2HBH
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:47 PM
That 2005 US OPEN QF was a great match. Some hard hitting baseline tennis from both girls!

Unfortunately for Nadia, that Tour Championship win was a dead rubber. I think Maria may have Nadia cornered mentally.

It would be a big deal for Nadia to beat Maria in this final.

My money is on Masha.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:50 PM
That 2005 US OPEN QF was a great match. Some hard hitting baseline tennis from both girls!

Unfortunately for Nadia, that Tour Championship win was a dead rubber. I think Maria may have Nadia cornered mentally.

It would be a big deal for Nadia to beat Maria in this final.

My money is on Masha.This is why it's a big match for Nadia.
With Madrid coming up, she needs to beat the players ranked ahead of her

Meesh
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I didn't know Nadia had 5 titles this year. I still think Maria will pull it out.

RR-87
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Maria looks too tired while Nadia is on fire :rocker2:

Go Nadia! :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I didn't know Nadia had 5 titles this year. I still think Maria will pull it out.
Nadia won 23 out of 24 matches before her injury this spring.
She's starting to regain that form

pooh14
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:12 PM
i think nadia might win because masha might be tired after 2 straight weeks.
i would rate 50-50 eitherway

Coffee&TV
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I hope Masha win. Good luck girl. :kiss:

ShimSham
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I hope Nadia wins. She is playing really well, right now, so she has a chance! :)

star
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Nadia in 3. I think Maria will just be too tired.

RenaSlam.
Oct 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Nadia in three. She will breakthrough.

Kitten63
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:59 PM
i hope maria can win,but she must be real tired though. i still pick masha in three.

No Name Face
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Nadia Petrova def. Maria Sharapova 6-3, 4-6, 7-5

Kart
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Nadia keeps beating who she has to in order to get into these bigger matches against top players.

It's only a matter of time before she breaks through in regular tour events and thence builds up to challenging them at the grand slams.

Hopefully it'll start tomorrow :banana:.

Dexter
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Based on their performances today - Nadia 62 64

Wayn77
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Nadia needs to win this, and she will convincingly. :tape: :tape:

:inlove:
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I think it will be Nadia 6-4 6-3. :bigcry: It's her turn.
Davai Masha. :inlove:

Sharakim
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:17 PM
^ Not if Maria owns Nadia mentally! Come on Maria, make it 5-1!!! :bounce:

Ellery
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Nadia in 2

Dawn Marie
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Mentally Maria has Nadia beat. So it could go Maria's way. Yet again Nadia has improved her mental game and if she wins it will be because she played better that day and not because Maria played two weeks in a row. Or about 8 matches. LOL at all the tired excuses. She had a month off after the US Open.

doris_hdz
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Nadia in 2!!!

Ben.
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I think Maria will win this one. I know every1's saying she's fatigued out & that nadia will roll over her, but however Maria's not gonna let nadia have her own way though & will fight 4 this title (fatigued or not fatigued).

AJZ.
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:56 PM
I hope Nadia defends her first title and gets her sixth of the year :)

LUXXXAS
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Maria in 2 sets... she's unbeatable right now

LDF
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Maria in 3. :)

The Daviator
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Nadia 6-4 6-4 :)

msharafan
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:19 AM
dav why not pick masha??? ha ha i really hope masha can pull this off she will need to get alot off energy from somewhere i hope she can do it if shes fresh she will if shes mentally exhausted aswell physically shell most likely lose to nadia who is in top form this week!

P_Fer
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:25 AM
The polls dead even

The Daviator
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:26 AM
dav why not pick masha??? ha ha i really hope masha can pull this off she will need to get alot off energy from somewhere i hope she can do it if shes fresh she will if shes mentally exhausted aswell physically shell most likely lose to nadia who is in top form this week!

Well, Sharpie will likely win, probably by that scoreline I put down too :rolleyes:

But I'm rooting for Nadia, she's fresher than Maria right now :)

Ceri
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Maria, hopefully - Nadia always has a shot against her but I think Masha will prove too strong on the day.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Oh, and congratulations to Russian tennis.

Lenafan
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Petrova is playing well. Sharapova may or not be tired. Sharapova clearly has some sort of mental edge over Petrova given her record in slams against Petrova. My guess is Sharapova loses tommorow but beats her handily in YEC. I am pretty sure these two don't like each other, but am not totally clear why they don't. That AO quarterfinal match was an awful match to watch earlier this year. I think this one should be pretty decent..

drake3781
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Oh, and congratulations to Russian tennis.

I should know this but I don't: is Sharapova considered Russian or American?

Derek.
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Maria, 7-5 6-3. :cool:

Derek.
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:08 AM

:tape:

She's Russian. ;)

radwanska
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Petrova will win if she serves over 70% and keeps the errors down and basically plays a clean match.Also she cant let Maria dominate because as we all know Maria is the best in the business at that.She needs to keep Sharapova on the run.

Mark Spruce
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:24 AM
nadia I hope so much !!!!!!!!!

bellascarlett
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:13 AM
I'm not expecting much from Maria for tomorrow. She is clearly exhausted. :awww: Doesn't also have a good history with back-to-back tournaments but I hope she steps it up tomorrow and gets back the strength of her serve. It will be important for her to serve well and get those free points off it.

Let's go Masha! :bigclap:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:35 AM

You are a fan of tennis and don't know that Maria is Russian? I heard Elena is getting ready to defect to an apartment in New York City. But that's just a rumor.;)

Andy.
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Im not so confident about this one, Masha seems really tired and Petrova is fresh, but you can never discount Masha so i still have some faith in her. Good luck Masha.

perseus2006
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Pova's motivation for getting to the Final at Linz was to position herself to take the #1 at Year End. That Motivation is now gone. Will the simple pursuit of title glory be enough for her tomorrow? Not certain. See what I posted on ESPN below.

The WTA Year End #1 situation is not impacted by Pova's match with Petrova at Linz.

JHH takes the Year End #1 unless:

1. Ame wins the YEC and JHH exits in R16 or withdraws and Pova is not the YEC Finalist. This is the only scenario in which Ame retains the #1 rank at Year End.

2. Pova wins the YEC and JHH exits as a SemiFinalist or earlier. Then Pova is Year End #1.

3. Pova is the YEC Finalist and JHH exits as a YEC Quarter Finalist. Then Pova is Year End #1.

Year End #1 is on JHH's racket. Both Ame and Pova have to give extraordinary performances to overcome JHH's lead and hope JHH is routed out early.

Si_Hi
Oct 29th, 2006, 03:16 AM
this time nadia will win in 2 sets

morningglory
Oct 29th, 2006, 03:18 AM
geez Maria fans... do we not have faith in our girl?! :mad: cmon now...

drake3781
You are a fan of tennis and don't know that Maria is Russian? I heard Elena is getting ready to defect to an apartment in New York City. But that's just a rumor.;)

Well I know she was born in Russia but moved to the US at an early age (7 or so?) so I didn't know what she nationality considered herself.

Honestly I don't pay a lot of attention to her (she has enough other people paying her attention :p) .

bellascarlett
Pova's motivation for getting to the Final at Linz was to position herself to take the #1 at Year End. That Motivation is now gone. Will the simple pursuit of title glory be enough for her tomorrow? Not certain. See what I posted on ESPN below.

The WTA Year End #1 situation is not impacted by Pova's match with Petrova at Linz.

JHH takes the Year End #1 unless:

1. Ame wins the YEC and JHH exits in R16 or withdraws and Pova is not the YEC Finalist. This is the only scenario in which Ame retains the #1 rank at Year End.

2. Pova wins the YEC and JHH exits as a SemiFinalist or earlier. Then Pova is Year End #1.

3. Pova is the YEC Finalist and JHH exits as a YEC Quarter Finalist. Then Pova is Year End #1.

Year End #1 is on JHH's racket. Both Ame and Pova have to give extraordinary performances to overcome JHH's lead and hope JHH is routed out early.

Ah great! I was just about to ask this. So Maria has really given herself a shot at YE number 1.

Now the YEC is more exciting with the YE 1 on the line. :D

bellascarlett
Oct 29th, 2006, 03:30 AM
geez Maria fans... do we not have faith in our girl?! :mad: cmon now...

:lol: Just being realistic. She just visibly so tired and drained of energy. I wonder if she'll have enough for tomorrow. Plus, she has already gotten herself in contention for the YE no. 1 at the YEC. It's all going to be about pride tomorrow for Maria and caring about the outcome.

pierce0415
Oct 29th, 2006, 03:48 AM
of course Maria will win
the only match Nadia won was a meaningless exhibition match :tape:

RJWCapriati
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Petrova

7-6, 6-0

Jakeev
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:46 AM
I actually think Nadia can win this match. She has played the best of the two all week but of course some factors will figure into the final result.

It's a no brainer: Nadia has to serve well and break serve. Considering Maria seems a little tired and has struggled all week, a bad day for Maria could be a big day for Nadia.

Gonna say Nadia in three just based on form from both players this week.

Josh.
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:54 AM
dont really care to tell you the truth.
voted for maria tho ;)

cheo23
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Since Miss Maria Sharapova is TIRED & just won a TIER I last week.

Nadia can have this TIER II Linz Title.

Congratulations Miss Maria Sharapova on making the final!!!!!! but why did u play this EVENT :rolleyes:

hwanmig
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Nadia in two.

AnywhereButHome
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Sharapova in 2!

Veeko
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Petrova

Dasha_
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Since Miss Maria Sharapova is TIRED & just won a TIER I last week.

Nadia can have this TIER II Linz Title.

Congratulations Miss Maria Sharapova on making the final!!!!!! but why did u play this EVENT :rolleyes:

Well, maybe because she "don't personally think ending the season as No. 1 is a huge deal"

Or because she "honestly can't remember who finished last year No. 1."

ViennaCalling
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Nadia ;)

shirley
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Maria will win in straight sets 6-4 6-4

alibaby
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I hope Nadia defends her first title and gets her sixth of the year :)

yes,me too!and if you see their matches this week,nadia is surely a good bit fresher.And there is the mental side,in which she is stronger than anyone else right now.so,the signs are good for the sixth!!:kiss: :kiss:

morningglory
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:27 PM
:lol: Just being realistic. She just visibly so tired and drained of energy. I wonder if she'll have enough for tomorrow. Plus, she has already gotten herself in contention for the YE no. 1 at the YEC. It's all going to be about pride tomorrow for Maria and caring about the outcome.
Being realistic eh? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
:p ;) :hug:

ye of little faith!

bellascarlett
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Being realistic eh? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
:p ;) :hug:

ye of little faith!

:ras:

:rolls: Well I posted that before I saw the replay of Nadia's match against Nicole. I even said in Maria's forum that after seeing Nadia's match, the final was winnable despite Maria being tired. :p

She's simply a level above her. :D

:banana: