PDA

View Full Version : Has Another Poster Made You Like A Player More/Less?

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Not really sure if this has been posted, but I was just e-mailing JustineFan, and I realized, that sometimes posters can make you like players more than you thought you did/ever would (Justine for example).

Although sometimes it, can be for worse too..

Has it happened to anyone else?

Also MightyMashaFan pushed me over the edge for Masha too

:hug:

*JustineFan, Justine's still got a long ways to go until she earns a spot in the siggy though :hug: :lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:29 PM
*oh yeah* and MorningGlory for Masha too

Craigy
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:31 PM
The poster "Andy Mac" got me supporting Sharapova every now & then...

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
No i make my own mind up on players i dont need someone else to tell me who to like but i can see what you mean

pooh14
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:47 PM
erm not really.
but some post, for example, reading on vera's behaviour on mary's incident has made me like vera more.

Ballbasher
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Not so far

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:48 PM
No. I find disliking players because of fans and not the actual players stupid and the same with liking them. The players have enough merit to be judged on their own.

LH2HBH
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I feel like I have gotten to know Amelie better on this board which has caused me to grow to like her.

Can't say that someone else "made me like her more" as it were.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Cant stand Patty naturally, but JR makes me dislike her even more.

Nate (Athenaeum) got me really into Karolina Sprem before I even saw her play.

MistyGrey
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Works both ways. In the late 90s, I loved Monica, but the Graf-Seles debates at the CBS/CNNSI boards sometimes forced me to root against Mon. :o
OTOH I didnt like Hingis, but some of my best friends were Hingis fans, so I kinda deveoped a soft spot for her.

Slumpsova
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:40 PM
i like Peng more after seeing how much Pengwin dedicated to her year ago :angel:

Paneru
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:43 PM
No.

As I can separate a player from
one of their dimwitted fans. :angel:

waratahsrock
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Nope - i form my own opinion on a player regardless of who does/doesn't support them.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Not really sure if this has been posted, but I was just e-mailing JustineFan, and I realized, that sometimes posters can make you like players more than you thought you did/ever would (Justine for example).

*JustineFan, Justine's still got a long ways to go until she earns a spot in the siggy though :hug: :lol:

Justine Fan is cool and is one of Justine's biggest advocates here.

LoveFifteen
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:08 PM
That idiot LoveFifteen kinda started making me hate Hingis more.

Martian Willow
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I probably know Elena Bovinas life story in more intimate detail than I might otherwise have done, but I'm not sure I like her more. Although I did stay up all night to watch her first match in Moscow. :unsure:

LDF
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:13 PM

:yeah:

cellophane
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:20 PM
That idiot LoveFifteen kinda started making me hate Hingis more.

LoveFifteen makes Hingis look like a virgin. :angel:

auntie janie
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Has Another Poster Made You Like A Player More/Less?

Yes, many times -- but only posters on other message boards. No one on wtaworld has influenced my views on players since 2001-2002, when Eggy got me cheering for just about every Russian under the sun. :kiss:

Justine Fan
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:06 PM

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/surprised/blush.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

Well I must admit that since speaking to you, I am warming towards Serena ... don't get too excited, it's only about 20 degrees :lol:

Sorry I haven't PM'd you yet, but I had to go out after watching Nicole lose :rolleyes: and I've just got back, so will PM you tomorrow if that's OK. :)

Justine Fan
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:08 PM

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/surprised/blush.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

Thanks ... you don't do so bad yourself on the defending of Justine & Maria front :worship:

Ben.
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:12 PM
i respected justine 4 her game & fighting spirit b4 i came on this forum, but some of justine fan's posts & others made me like her a bit more & getting 2 know her better. so justine fan made a difference towards that & i thank her :)

Justine Fan
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:18 PM

:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: .........:timebomb:

*JR*
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:26 PM
The Annaholics would have made me like her even less... if that was possible. :tape:

Corswandt
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Has Another Poster Made You Like A Player More/Less?

Since I came in here, it's been nothing else but this.

Spend a few weeks interacting regularly with the fanbase of any player and you'll end up hating her forever.

Barbarela
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Do you know that poster from new Zeland who makes no sense in everything he says???? PAV The more nonsenses he says about Amelie the more I like her!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps he's the biggest fan of Amelie and it's a different way to say he loves her!!!!;) :confused:

Corswandt
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Do you know that poster from new Zeland who makes no sense in everything he says???? PAV The more nonsenses he says about Amelie the more I like her!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps he's the biggest fan of Amelie and it's a different way to say he loves her!!!!;) :confused:

pav is one of the funniest posters in here.

Joana
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Spend a few weeks interacting regularly with the fanbase of any player and you'll end up hating her forever.

So true. :lol: Still it has to be said, some players have more irrational fanbases than the others.
It's a good thing I like Sharapova in the first place, otherwise... :tape:

LoveFifteen
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:45 PM

We hotties tend to get a lot of ass!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

RenaSlam.
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Yes. Certain posters have made me dislike players more and more.

You know who you are.

Kart
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:30 PM
The Crow made me like Justine.

I'm not sure I'll ever forgive him.

Rocketta
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:58 PM
The Crow made me like Justine.

I'm not sure I'll ever forgive him.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive either of you. :fiery:

terjw
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Fans don't make me like a player. There's some players I like and some I'm not so fond of and that's all there is to it.

But I will admit that when fans of other players start to slag off everyone else and how their player is going to win everything and slagging off their next opponent - I start wanting their player to lose. And I'm like Woo Hoo when that happens. Serves them right.

But just because I wanted that player to lose then doesn't mean I hate that player.

Dinkie
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:42 PM
No i make my own mind up on players i dont need someone else to tell me who to like but i can see what you mean

Well, judging from your sig, you love the complete top-100 so this thread does not really apply to you.;)

Just Do It
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Yes ! I dont like Krajicek because of InkyMishaFan and Pironkova because of Gorgo :tape:

Alicia Rocks
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Yes ! I dont like Krajicek because of InkyMishaFan and Pironkova because of Gorgo :tape:

DutchieGirl get it right :wavey:

Just Do It
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:52 PM
ya ya she changed her name :)

Just Do It
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:52 PM
now she will find this post, and badrep. me 4sure :lol:

Shonami Slam
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:53 PM
not really - but some discussion with certain posters enlights you about certain careers and players, gameplay and recent form.
happened to me recently with mara santangelo - i remembered her a much lesser player - but after some arguements in her favour it really did seem i overlooked her too quickly.
at lower levels - it gives you the basic knowledge of thier existents and from there, as i stated above - you learn the player more.

LeRoy.
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:57 PM
We hotties tend to get a lot of ass!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

errr in your and Hingis's case it would be a lot of dick, now wouldn't it ?

timafi
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:35 PM

:eek: :tape: :tape: :tape: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

!Gio!
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:39 PM

and I am glad of it;) All Jankovic fans love me.:wavey:

cellophane
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:43 PM

My sentiments exactly.

Joana
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:03 PM
and I am glad of it;) All Jankovic fans love me.:wavey:

:inlove: :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick: :smooch: :hug:

Barbarela
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:45 PM
pav is one of the funniest posters in here.

O meu domínio do inglês é claramente inferior ao teu e então não atinjo as subtilezas do seu discurso. Falha minha!;)

barryproudfoot
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:52 PM
LDF made me dislike Davenport :cool:

Corswandt
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:53 PM
O meu domínio do inglês é claramente inferior ao teu e então não atinjo as subtilezas do seu discurso. Falha minha!;)

O discurso dele não tem o mínimo de subtileza. :lol: Sou eu que acho piada, mas como ainda hoje confessei já nem sei a quem "Eu divirto-me com pouco".

manu32
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:54 PM
griffin made me hate mauresmo.....