PDA

View Full Version : Ivanovic's forehand is much better when moving to her left than right.

radwanska
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Her forehand is a lethal wepon when runs round her backhand to release the big forehand.Her forehand inside out is as flat as a pancake.

Cankarlo
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah! Eurosport commentators said it too.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:45 PM
when she's moving to her left. she normally hits a backhand , maybe thats why ;) :secret:

new-york
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:47 PM
when she's moving to her left. she normally hits a backhand , maybe thats why ;) :secret:

her forehand is better when she's moving to her left because she would normally hit a backhand? :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:50 PM
her forehand is better when she's moving to her left because she would normally hit a backhand? :confused:

i mis-read the title as me watching tennis :o

you cant hit a FH running to your left if you're a righthander........ you try it :wavey:

Dasha_
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah! Eurosport commentators said it too.

There were two big articles about that on her website in September -

Ana coaches the forehand -
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&tablepage=6&detailpage=479

Ana's forehand analysed -
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&tablepage=5&detailpage=480

Cankarlo
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:03 PM
i mis-read the title as me watching tennis :o

you cant hit a FH running to your left if you're a righthander........ you try it :wavey:

No! He says right actually. You can move to your left to hit a forehand. Right handers can do it too. But honestly it needs so much footwork.

Shonami Slam
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:11 PM
running around the ball to hit it on the forhand side, eggy - of course, there IS a forehanded shot on the left side of the body - it's a crossed slice, and you won't see tennis players hitting it unless they are really tight at the net and don't have time.
tipserevic on atptour.com had play of the week hitting something the commentater didn't know what to call - it was actually a crossed inverted backhand slice behind the back.
yes - very defficult to follow, but squash players produce those wacky shots quite alot as they have a total different approuch to spin.
i actually saw dokic hit a crossed drop shot after she read the ball bounce incorrectly (and it was a bit of a bad bounce too) but was already on her way to her normal dropshot, but since the ball was too left - at point of contact she was actually playing the forehand left to her body core.

and lastly - as for ana, she has movement and footwork issues. even when she's moving well - she can be much more efficiant - however she plays with intuition and gut and follows that - and so she sometimes hits forehand around that she shouldn't - but the inside out one up the line and comming in after it might be somewhat of a trademark to come from her in years to come. it's her sole unique shot, so i say use it.

morningglory
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:13 PM
It's called "running around the FH" of course it's possible just run left, left and left until the ball is at your right...
If you wanna see this stroke look at Andy Roddick matches in 2003... he does that bcuz he doesn't have a BH :o

controlfreak
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:13 PM
her backhand would be better if she never hit it at all - only forehands. :help: