PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happens, Mary will always be remembered for this shot:

GoDominique
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPYVArRlLe0 :D

And for a few other things too. ;)

RND
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:32 PM
:eek: :woohoo: Mary!!....... :sad:

tennisbear7
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:32 PM
:hug: Mary.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM
You can't even see it.

GoDominique
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I can.

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM
what a shot :hug:

MistyGrey
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:57 PM
:hearts:

Also for being the origional Big Babe, bringing fashion back into Tennis, for overcoming a tough childhood and physical abuse by her father, battling injuries, overcoming huge expectations and rejection/jeering by the French crowds to finally win Roland Garros, for never giving up, for always coming back when people worte her off and most of all for being a very nice human being!
Mary :hug:

pooh14
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM
i am not a mary fan (neither do i dislike her0.
but frankly i think she is one of the few classic players.
she is a player who would not be forgotten easily on the tour.
though she never reach no1 ranking, she is still one of the great players. for somebody to be playing so long in the tour at quite high pace, it is not easy

sapir1434
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:01 PM
:worship:

dany.p
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:33 PM
An absolutely amazing point.

papru
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:36 PM
:lol:

Stavie
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:37 PM
woooooooow!

so fuckin awsome ;)

Mauresmo Fan
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:42 PM
mary is truly the best

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:47 PM
i knew what shot it was going to be it was an amazing flukey winner

jazzfuzion
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM
how weird,i was just watching this this afternoon

~Poseidon~
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I remeber another great shot. Mary got lobbed and she ran behind the ball. When she reached it, she stood with the back to her opponent. Then she turned around her body and hit a winner. But i can't remeber which match it was, but it was great.

P_Fer
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Mary:worship:

Mark Spruce
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Amazing point !!!!!!!!!

There is Somthing about Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MH0861
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I remeber another great shot. Mary got lobbed and she ran behind the ball. When she reached it, she stood with the back to her opponent. Then she turned around her body and hit a winner. But i can't remeber which match it was, but it was great.

This one? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfbIwvIrNT0

pierce0415
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:39 PM
OMG Juju is such a b**** ... she couldn't even acknowledge the great effort by mary

Justine Fan
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:46 PM
OMG Juju is such a b**** ... she couldn't even acknowledge the great effort by mary

Does that make you a bastard/bitch too? You never acknowledge any players apart from Li. All you do is slate them.

So what does that make you ... apart from a c*nt? :D

pierce0415
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Does that make you a bastard/bitch too? You never acknowledge any players apart from Li. All you do is slate them.

So what does that make you ... apart from a c*nt? :D

:rolleyes: I acknowledge plenty of other players ;)
the fact remains, Juju has a very cold personality and will seldom clap after her opponent has made a terrific winner. has she ever done it in her career :tape: :confused:

meanwhile other warm, open hearted players like Mary do that a few times every match :worship:

I guess players like Juju draw fans like you for a reason :wavey:

Kart
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Some of us Monica fans are still trying to forget that shot :lol:.

Mary :worship:.

S_Fahad
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Justine actually smiled when she turned and saw the ball was in. The clip doesnt show it, but she looked at Mary's reaction and kept smiling. She was two points away from losing, I dont blame her for not clapping .. that would've been just stupid.

MisterQ
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the chance to see that again. :)

This may be Mary's most memorable shot, and for such an offense-minded player it's funny that it comes in a point in which she is playing defense throughout.

Sam L
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:40 PM
She gave La Grande Suzanne a run for her money there. :)

~Eclipsed~
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Wow two amazing points from Pierce.

Although on my screen i couldn't exactly see where the ball was going in the Roland Garros clip. I have no idea where the winner actually landed. Still amazing nonetheless...

LH2HBH
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
:haha: WOW!

Justine Fan
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:58 PM
:rolleyes: I acknowledge plenty of other players ;)
the fact remains, Juju has a very cold personality and will seldom clap after her opponent has made a terrific winner. has she ever done it in her career :tape: :confused:

meanwhile other warm, open hearted players like Mary do that a few times every match :worship:

I guess players like Juju draw fans like you for a reason :wavey:

and players like Na Li draw fans like you ..... that's why she's a loser and doesn't win much :wavey:

Meesh
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:59 PM
:worship: I haven't seen that shot in a long time! Thanks for posting it! :wavey:

MH0861
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
and players like Na Li draw fans like you ..... that's why she's a loser and doesn't win much :wavey:

*DEAD* :haha: :yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM
:worship: @ the shot.

That match tho... Monica :bigcry:

Paul.
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM

i think she was just frustrated that she had played such great defensive tennis to get back into the point and then a beautiful lob and then got passed. it was an hour and a half into the match, she was probably already very agitated and surprised she was getting beaten by pierce.

i dont think there's any need to call her a bitch. i think that was a very tough loss for her. and as you know, i am a huge mary fan ;):p

barryproudfoot
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:22 PM

I was just thinking about that shot the over day actually :D
a million times better than Federer's one at the US Open :worship:

Gallofa
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Such drama always with Mary Pierce :D.

That was a fantastic shot. You know who else could hit those pretty well? Patricia Tarabini.

nikita771
Oct 28th, 2006, 07:00 PM
That will always be my fav.

Scotso
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:53 AM
I had a feeling after seeing her hit that shot that she was going to win the tournament.

That was an amazing two weeks for Mary.

samn
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:17 AM
i am not a mary fan (neither do i dislike her0.
but frankly i think she is one of the few classic players.
she is a player who would not be forgotten easily on the tour.
though she never reach no1 ranking, she is still one of the great players. for somebody to be playing so long in the tour at quite high pace, it is not easy

I was never a fan of her playing style, but in a strange sort of way, I'll miss the old Sexy Mary if she retires.

Valou
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:49 AM

Ridiculous ! :tape:

What great shots from Mary ! On t'aime Mah-ree !
My fave forever...

morbidangle
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I love both these shots! Great stuff..

:inlove:
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Or for this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJr5Nqf9UkQ

Wiggly
Oct 29th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Or for this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJr5Nqf9UkQ

That was so funny:lol:

moon
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Some of us Monica fans are still trying to forget that shot :lol:.

Mary :worship:.

you got that right. I didn't even bother watching the rest of the match after that. Black Tuesday--worst tennis day ever for me.