PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova does not support On-court Coaching, then use it

Dasha_
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:49 AM
"I don't support it. Our sport is an individual sport and you play by instinct. That's what makes it so good, is that you're the one who has to decide what you're going to do."

And then she calls for her hitting partner Michael Joyce to give her tuition before the beginning of the second set against Ana....

:confused:

Ben.
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:53 AM
looks like by the sounds of things that maria is being a hypocrite bout on-court coaching. but once again another one of those critical threads about maria. she nevers stops being under the spotlight doesn't she?

xin_hui
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:55 AM
federer doesnt support hawk-eye. but he uses it all the same :shrug:

i dont see anything majorly wrong with what federer, and in the same case sharapova are doing. they're just taking advantage of what they are given

Martian Stacey
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:55 AM
I guess she's not as opposed to it as her comments would have you believe

She didn't say that she wouldn't use it though, she's just taking advantage of a situation

Dasha_
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:56 AM
looks like by the sounds of things that maria is being a hypocrite bout on-court coaching. but once again another one of those critical threads about maria. she nevers stops being under the spotlight doesn't she?

No critical. Just pure facts. You decide should it be criticised...

Ben.
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:01 AM
No critical. Just pure facts. You decide should it be criticised...

ok, fair enough. but what i said bout maria being under the spotlight all the time is true.

streag
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:25 AM
"I don't support it. Our sport is an individual sport and you play by instinct. That's what makes it so good, is that you're the one who has to decide what you're going to do."

And then she calls for her hitting partner Michael Joyce to give her tuition before the beginning of the second set against Ana....

She did say so well before she first used on-court coaching. Perhaps after using it for the first time she changed her opinion.

Slumpsova
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:45 AM
she is soooo weird :rolls:

Ben.
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:47 AM
She did say so well before she first used on-court coaching. Perhaps after using it for the first time she changed her opinion.

maybe she did. who no's.

Neptune
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:48 AM
The win is more important than beautiful words for Maria.:lol:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:51 AM
here we go

franny
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:07 AM
FEREDER IS AGAINST INSTANT REPLAY. On several occasions, he has come out to denounce it. Safin as well is also against instant replay. THEY BOTH USE IT, and they win points off it. Omg, are they f-ing idiots who are unfair and don't know anything about the game? I mean how dare they, we should go hang them at the stakes right? Give me a stinkin break. Again, total double standards, AS USUAL.

bellascarlett
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM
federer doesnt support hawk-eye. but he uses it all the same

i dont see anything majorly wrong with what federer, and in the same case sharapova are doing. they're just taking advantage of what they are given

Ah always the voice of reason. EXACTLY....

"Well, I don't support it, but if it's there and I feel I need a little reminder then why not?" - Maria S.

Shappica
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:29 AM

:clap2:

Doc
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Exactly

Doc
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:34 AM
The single brain-celled obsessives are back. :rolleyes:

Look The Rules are the Rules.

You may not believe in the 2nd Serve rule, but you'd be stupid not to use it, if that's how everyone else is playing. :mad:

rhz
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
She used it against Hantuchova too, so what??

Martian Willow
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:41 AM
In Chloes absence it is left to me to point out the stupidity of this thread and most of the people who have posted in it. I am against it, because it provides an unfair advantage to some players, but I would use it, because it provides an unfair advantage to some players.

Martian Willow
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Yay, my bubble. :bounce:

pooh14
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:46 AM
from what i see, if you do not like the rule or do not support it, don't use it.
in my opinion, the coaching rules is in trial basis, they are judging how many players will actually use it before implementing it on permenant basis. thus if all players are using, meaning everybody is in support to it.

that goes to the same thing for the hawk eye system. if federar doesnt support it, he should not use it. or at least, he should say he has changed his mind after that......

Williams Rulez
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:50 AM
even if she doesn't support it, she'd be stupid not to use it if her opponent gets to use it. its just throwing away an advantage.. not very wise in a competitive sport if u ask me.

Doc
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:51 AM
from what i see, if you do not like the rule or do not support it, don't use it.
in my opinion, the coaching rules is in trial basis, they are judging how many players will actually use it before implementing it on permenant basis. thus if all players are using, meaning everybody is in support to it.

that goes to the same thing for the hawk eye system. if federar doesnt support it, he should not use it. or at least, he should say he has changed his mind after that......

Sorry. That's nonsense. So a player who doesn't like the 2nd serve rule should only take one serve?

azdaja
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Sorry. That's nonsense. So a player who doesn't like the 2nd serve rule should only take one serve?
i'm afraid that is a valid point (did you read the entire post). the 2nd serve rule is established while on-court coaching is in trial and players who are opposed to it should not use it because if they do they might contribute to establishing that rule forever.

40-0
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM
hawk doesnt include a coach

pooh14
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:43 AM

you do not have options with that right?
i mean you cannot tell the umpire you do not want to take the serve.

if do not like to call the coach, you can. nobody gets hurt with that.
if you do not want to ask for hawk eye, you can...

i am not too sure about this, but does it say you need to use both your chances for the hawk eye...or does it say you must call the coach.

denzuko
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I just came to the General Messages, and saw 12 threads about Sharapova on first page.

I mean, people, enough is enough. It is getting to boring and frustrating. We all have our favorite players, but 2 or 3 threads are enough in GM’s. Go to her forum and discuss her bananas, her dress, her hair and all the other things over there…

Someone said thing like this... but still he/she started threads about her in GM.
No different than Sharapova/Federer.

beauty_is_pink
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:26 PM
okay even if she doesnt support it. she might as well jus give into.
im sure she's thinking "eh, what the hell.. might as well, it'll help me with the match. what's to loose?"

pooh14
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:33 PM
okay even if she doesnt support it. she might as well jus give into.
im sure she's thinking "eh, what the hell.. might as well, it'll help me with the match. what's to loose?"

yes, is alright if she uses if afterwards, similar like federar.
but both should give their thoughts on whether it actually helps or not.

anyway no big deal. is better to use on-court legal coaching then other way.

WIMBLY2004
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:40 PM
yes, is alright if she uses if afterwards, similar like federar.
but both should give their thoughts on whether it actually helps or not.

In the mean time, they just didn't want to put themselves on disadvantage.

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:11 PM

exactly

ImaVeggie
Dec 1st, 2006, 06:57 PM
Maria may not support it but I'm sure Yuri does.

Here's a YouTube clip about coaching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPqrBkKw8g

Uranus
Dec 1st, 2006, 07:50 PM
It's unbelieveable to see her say that! She's the first to call for her father/hitting partner's help when things don't go the way she wants, with or without on-court coaching :confused:
I can't stand this girl.