PDA

View Full Version : Dokic under spartan regime with Pilic!

tennismaster8820
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:02 AM
This article is from Večernji list!
http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom/sports/more/661830/index.do

Closed doors for Bikic brothers!

Jelena Dokic (23) found her last hope; stumbled serbian tennis player with residence in Zagreb decided firmly to move again towards top with help from greatest croatian coach. Great Nikola who worked with stars like Goran Ivanisevic, Boris Becker and Michael Stich surely knows the winning formula. However with Mr Niko there's no joking. The man who (as many say) teached germans about discipline, set spartan regime for Dokic wich she accepts without any objection. She came alone to Pilic's tennis academy in Oberschliessheim not far from Munich, without her boyfriend Tin Bikic. She isn't allowed to go out or to have any visits over weekends. This was one of Pilic conditions to accept this collaboration.
- I will not talk about professionalism of people who last worked with her (Borna Bikic and Dado Majoli, brother of famous tennis player) because it's not my style. I had a long conversation with Jelena, only with sacrifice one can get to top - said Pilic who momentary at the age of 68 has yet another successfull project unfolding in St. Petersburg.
His pupil, Latvian Ernest Gulbis(18), is sansationally
in qf of his first big tournament.
- He will be 40th tennis player who I coached and who later managed to enter top 100. These stats surely has no other tennis coach in the world - proudly says Pilic.
At the start he left Jelena to his "right arm", austrian Martin Ruthner to take care of her.
- Maybe I'll be with her at some tournaments, but that surely will not happen before Australian Open for wich I want her to be completly ready - says Pilic whose favours are not cheap.
This time he dropped the price in favour of Jelena who had no bigger incomes for a longer period.
Along with flat in Zagreb, she also had one in Monte Carlo, but maybe one will have to be sold.(Maybe it already happened.) Tennis return demands big investments...
"Father from hell", controversial Damir Dokic has no statements yet. They are still in despute - after her relationships with formula1 driver Enrique Bernoldi and with Tin Bikic, their relations are interrupted. To him it's also the most important that she is far away from Bikic!

I'm very happy about this!:bounce:
I hope that Jelena will take this seriously! Good luck!

GoDominique
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Wow that must be pretty tough for the newly-wed couple :sad:

*JR*
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Some coach should have taken on the Strange Suissie in such an arrangement early this decade. (Meaning without her future husband).

LH2HBH
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:03 AM
I LOVE COMPUTER TRANSLATORS, they make the most ordinary articles into fabulous entertainment.

hdfb
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:38 AM
This is great news. I know Jelena wants this. I hope it pays dividends.

I'll be waiting at the Australian Open, Jelena! :D

tennismaster8820
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I LOVE COMPUTER TRANSLATORS, they make the most ordinary articles into fabulous entertainment.

;) :lol:

matthias
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:51 AM
we will see how good dokic can become with Niki Pilic :)

Ben.
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:57 AM
good luck jelena :) hope u come back 2 australia even better!

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:01 AM
i cant wait for aus open now

vutt
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Closed doors for Bikic brothers!

Why I have a feeling that journalist write it with huge grin on his face ...

Yeah, good luck indeed, Jelena! Let's see where it leads.

Williams-forever
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:58 AM
And that means she'll be in AO?? That would be great:D

Erika_Angel
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Wow that must be pretty tough for the newly-wed couple :sad:

We don't even know if they are married. The article calls him her boyfriend. Serbian tabloids have made so much crap up about Jelena, I would be weary before believing they actually got married.

Mark Spruce
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Best Of luck Jelena

S_Fahad
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Good luck Jelena

cindy
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:19 PM
good luck jeca! she is always trying so hard I realy hope that she'll be able to do it because she deserves it so much!

hdfb
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM
i cant wait for aus open now

same :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Erika_Angel
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:36 PM
good luck jeca! she is always trying so hard I realy hope that she'll be able to do it because she deserves it so much!

I know right! Jelena, as we all know, seems to be very mentally fragile as of late (the past few years). She gets beaten down hard from her loses, is constantly in tears, trying so hard but her nerves overcome her over and over again. But this girl manages to pick herself up each time and at least try to make a comeback. Some people say she is lazy and doesn't care because she withdraws from events and such, but I think that is more of her psychological issues, not feeling strong enough to face another match etc. She is back on court trying (once again) to make a comeback and that is all that is important. I think Jelena has shown she really wants this. Psychological issues are sometimes the hardest to overcome.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Yay, this dude is part of a whacko tennis cult, I love it! And I'm thrilled that Jelena agreed to be part of this non-stop training and working regimen as well. It'll keep her focused. Plus this guy sounds like he's a strict and successful coach, which is exactly what Jeca needs.

I'm super excited for 07 again. Never give up Jelena! AJDE! :armed:

Just Do It
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:13 PM
yeah i cant wait AO too :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dasha_
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I am so happy to hear this. Goodluck Jelena!

AJMO JECO!!!!!

tennismaster8820
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM
I hope she'll get wildcard for AO!

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Random Jeca interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37V2G_M4xBc

I love her voice. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Highlandman
Oct 28th, 2006, 06:59 PM
I am so happy to hear this. Goodluck Jelena!

AJMO JECO!!!!!

:yeah:

And you like also Venus and Nole, I give u a good REP:hearts: :angel: