PDA

View Full Version : List Your Top 5 Prospects for the Future

alwayshingis
Oct 27th, 2006, 11:15 PM
List 5 players who you think will make a splash on the WTA Tour soon.

Requirements: they must never have played a WTA main draw match.

(Players now in Top 100 who had not played at Main Draw match before 2006: Poutchkova, Radwanska, Bardina :lol: )

drake3781
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:28 AM
List 5 players who you think will make a splash on the WTA Tour soon.

Requirements: they must never have played a WTA main draw match.

(Players now in Top 100 who had not played at Main Draw match before 2006: Poutchkova, Radwanska, Bardina :lol: )

Can you take that up to 150?

I think Vasilisa Bardina will do well next year.

Derek.
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:35 AM
That's pretty tough because most of the big prospects i.e. Wozniacki, Pavlyuchenkova, U. Radwanska, Paszek, etc. have already played a WTA main draw match.

alwayshingis
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:37 AM
That's pretty tough because most of the big prospects i.e. Wozniacki, Pavlyuchenkova, U. Radwanska, Paszek, etc. have already played a WTA main draw match.

Well, we can limit it to "very few", like U. Radwanska has only played 1 right? But it is also intended to bring up some of the prospects who are farther away and maybe fewer people know about.

njnetswill
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Shuai Zhang has played at WTA level before, but very rarely.

Another young Chinese player to watch for is 16 y.o . Xin-Yun Han.

Sorana-Mihaela Cirstea, Sharon Fichman, Olga Govortsova, Raluca Ioana Olaru, and Kristina Antoniychuk are also good prospects.

Shonami Slam
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:20 AM
pratt, raymond, craybas, likhovtseva (yet another promising russian!) and sugiyama.

:D

Derek.
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Well, we can limit it to "very few", like U. Radwanska has only played 1 right? But it is also intended to bring up some of the prospects who are farther away and maybe fewer people know about.

Those are the top ones though.

There aren't really any others I can think of that have that kind of potential besides Michelle Larcher de Brito, but she's still quite young.

The players I listed are 15-16 years old.

You can't really go much younger than that.

Shonami Slam
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:35 AM
no really - the russians are always going to be there - i've seen natalia orlova and was impressed, polotroskaya also played here and seemed to be a player who's going to be hot on the lower clay tournies, regina kulikova is awesome,
she won't be a star - but she's another promising italian- Gabba, anna remondina should be very good within a few years and she's from the 1989 crop.
melanie klaffner from austria seems like a player to watch from the 90s girls, i remember her troubling sugiyama at fed play.
here in israel we mostly have glushko and shlomo - both ptentially top100 with some hard work, though shlomo might need much more years to develope as a player - she has something more promising in her IMO.

morningglory
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:47 AM
pratt, raymond, craybas, likhovtseva (yet another promising russian!) and sugiyama.

:D

10 years ago u mean

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Sacha Jones, Lauren Albanese, and Ula Radwanska :rocker2:

tenn_ace
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:21 AM
the only two I know of who'd satisfy all the criteria in the first post are Michelle Brito and Ksenia Milevskaya.

Slumpsova
Oct 28th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Anastasia Pavlova.

:inlove:
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Sorana Cirstea. Anastasia Pivovarova. Agnes Szavay. Urszula Radwanska. Ksenia Milevskaya. Ayumi Morita. Evgeniya Rodina. Hao-Ching Chan. Lena Chernyakova. Evgenia Grebenyuk. Ekaterina Ivanova. Hanna Orlik.

Oct 28th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Sorana Cirstea. Anastasia Pivovarova. Agnes Szavay. Urszula Radwanska. Ksenia Milevskaya. Ayumi Morita. Evgeniya Rodina. Hao-Ching Chan. Lena Chernyakova. Evgenia Grebenyuk. Ekaterina Ivanova. Hanna Orlik.

OK, just realised it said five. :o

5. Agnes Szavay
4. Urszula Radwanska
3. Ayumi Morita
2. Ksenia Milevskaya
1. Sorana Cirstea

Xian
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Ula Radwanska
Petra Martic
Hana Orlik
Kristina Antonychuk
Shuai Zhang

fufuqifuqishahah
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Beyonce, Christina, Britney, Mariah, & Whitney

kittyking
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:17 AM
My five prospects for future...

Marina Erakovic (on a 17 of 18 winning streak, into the final at 50k Beijing, won 3 grand slam titles in juniors)
Sacha Jones (won a title about 10 minutes ago as well :lol: )
Julia Cohen (although shes rather inconsistent)
Johanna Larsson
Andrea Petkovic

fufuqifuqishahah
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:19 AM
My five prospects for future...

Marina Erakovic (on a 17 of 18 winning streak, into the final at 50k Beijing, won 3 grand slam titles in juniors)
Sacha Jones (won a title about 10 minutes ago as well :lol: )
Julia Cohen (although shes rather inconsistent)
Johanna Larsson
Andrea Petkovic

Nikolina Erakovic
Marion Jones
Sasha Cohen
Annika Larsson
Ivana Petkovic

Orion
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
I'm very hopeful for Ayumi Morita. She's very young, has managed to go from unranked to top 200 in about a year and a half, and has maintained juniors while competing about half a season of ITF matches. She comprehensively beat Arvidsson at Birmingham, and really pressure Bartoli for three sets. What's also encouraging is that she plays well at the net, which makes her unique, but has two-handed groundstrokes, which means she can hang in at the baseline until she works her way up to the net. The disappointing part of her game is that she has a relatively slow serve. If she can develop her serve to be, if not a weapon, at least consistent enough to stay competitive on her service games, she could realistically be a top twenty or higher player. I think she has more potential than Sugiyama had, but I don't know whether she'll keep maturing.

jamatthews
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM

3. She's made the 2nd round of 2 events where big sis went down in qualifying. :angel:

kittyking
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Nikolina Erakovic
Marion Jones
Sasha Cohen
Annika Larsson
Ivana Petkovic

Ewww! Please dont make Sacha Jones sound like Marion Jones!!! Making Sacha Jones sound like Sasha Cohen is okay those (their both so beautiful).
And ive got no idea who Nikolina is meant to be....

Hachiko
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Wozniacki, Bardina, Pavlyuchenkova, Morita, Erakovic, Cibulkova, Ancic, Bacsinzsky, Malek, Paszek.

AyumiMorita
Oct 29th, 2006, 03:16 AM
wozniacki, erakovic, bacsinsky, paszcek, and of course morita

hingisGOAT
Oct 29th, 2006, 03:20 AM
poor sesil, how soon people forget :( she will crush all of these bitches

kittyking
Oct 29th, 2006, 06:44 AM

Shed struggle against Marina, shes not on about a 18 of 19 match winning streak

Dexter
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:11 AM
actually Ula played more. Lost 36 36 vs Venus in Warsaw, won in 2 sets vs Camerin and lost to Shahar Peer (eventual champion) in Istanbul and won vs Byczkowa in 2 easy sets and lost to Myskina having had SPs in the 1st set (eventual runner up) in Stockholm :)

Oct 29th, 2006, 07:50 AM

I didn't forget. :angel: :devil:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Urszula Radwanska
Caroline Wozniacki
Kristina Antoniychuk
Ksenia Milevskaya
Sanja Ancic

papru
Oct 29th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Radwanska Sisters + Wozniacki + Bacsinszky + Szavay

Bart
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Michelle Larcher de Brito
Tamaryn Hendler
Lyudmyla Kichenok
Nadiya Kichenok
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Asif_Nawaz
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Isabella Holland
Tyra Calderwood
Ksenia Milevskaya
Ksenia Lykina
Melanie Klaffner
Amina Rakhim
Nikola Hofmanova

FashionMan
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:46 AM
1. Urzula+Aga Radwanska :help: :tape:
2. Angelique Kerber :hearts: :kiss:
3. Timea Bacsinsky :worship: :cool:
4. Agnes Szavay :kiss: :hearts:
5. Caroline Wozniacki :hearts: :D

radwanska
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:23 AM
ivanovic,kraijack,vaidisova,safina,and kuznetsova

SoClose
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:57 AM
U.Radwasnka

ViennaCalling
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Radwanska U., Paszek, Klaffner, Morita, Hofmannova

Oct 29th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I am surprised at how many people have chosen Ksenia. :yeah: :inlove: I didn't expect many people to have heard of her. :lol: :worship: