PDA

View Full Version : Is Amy Frazier Retired?

pierce0415
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:48 PM
she has not played since the USO :confused:
and when I saw her play at the USO, she did not look so good - was moonballing, hitting without pace

M2k
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:59 PM
...I think so. :confused: It was nice following her all these years though:)

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:14 PM
She'll be out of the top 150 if she doesn't defend Quebec City.
I think it's over for Amy.
She's one of those player who would want it this way.
She's one of the last players who played in the late 80s.
It's the end of an era.

Ellery
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Well, Amy isn't on the entrylist for Quebec, and that means her ranking will fall out of the top 150 or something. I doubt she will play challengers to build up her ranking, so maybe yeah, she is retired and will retire shortly :bigcry: :confused: Hope Frazier Force can help us on this :p

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM
:sad:

crazyroberto6767
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Hasn't she taken the fall off before (could be mistaken)? I don't know either way for sure, but I think there's still a chance she'll come back next year, with a way lower ranking of course.

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Hasn't she taken the fall off before (could be mistaken)? I don't know either way for sure, but I think there's still a chance she'll come back next year, with a way lower ranking of course.

This is possible.
Her consecutive record at slams will probably end at the US Open.
I don't think Amy wants to travel much if she does continue on.
Not getting into the Australian Open entry directly could be an excuse not to go to Australia and to focus on other tournis.
I just don't see a reason why Amy Frazier wouldn't defend Quebec City though.
Doesn't looks good.

crazillo
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Strange, but she said recently that she does not want to quit or am I mistaken? :confused:

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 27th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Strange, but she said recently that she does not want to quit or am I mistaken? :confused:

She first entered the top 100 in the summer of 1988 and HASN'T BEEN OUT OF THE TOP 100 SINCE.
It's a very different playing field from being in the top 50 a few months ago to ending the season out of the top 150.

drake3781
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:26 AM

Yeah, I don't know, but I don't think she is retiring. :confused:

Mana
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:10 AM
I thought she was just taking a 4 month break and coming back next year. Amy played challengers last year, so she will do it again.

Jakeev
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Look Amy has said time and again cause she enjoys it. My only problem with it though is that if she is not going to retire, why she would allow her ranking slip to the point tat se is gonna have to qualify in events?

Perhaps seeing her in qualies will do her good, but just seems like she is gonna make it harder on herself is she is going to compete in 2007.

MH0861
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Amy should be crowned "WC Goddess" if needbe to keep her playing, I say! :hearts: :hearts:

akinom
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I asked this question to her boyfriend!!:bounce:
I told him if it was her last french open
he answered that she would go on if THE PLEASURE WAS RIGHT HERE!!!
nothing's sure indeed!!

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:26 AM
i dont think she has she will be back next year