PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova beat The Beautiful and Talented Ana 7/6 7/5

lilimi
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:38 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: ana fought hard, it seems...good come back from injury.
i'm surprised ther's no topic yet

Russianboy90
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Maria didn't play her best and Ana played her best!
The result: baby M won in straight sets!

Piotr'ek
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:40 PM
The best thing of Ana's game in this match was shouting 'Ajde'

Dexter
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Good match! It could have been 64 63 victory for Maria, but Ana fought well and Im proud of her! :cool: Congrats to the winner!

Dexter
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:42 PM
The best thing of Ana's game in this match was shouting 'Ajde'
no. the best was that return winner DTL of Maria's 1st serve in the end of the 1st set :bowdown::cool:

furrykitten
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Great win for Maria :hug:

!<blocparty>!
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Ugh, Ana sucks.

jamatthews
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Great fighting Ana. :hug:

KV
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Well done Masha :)

The Daviator
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Nice title :lol:

Ana :hug:

Maria Croft
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Good win Maria :yeah:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Wow that match was the contest who will hit harder :lol: Some nice rallies and nice shots. I didn't expect Ana to play that well, well done Ana :)
Congrats Maria :D

LDF
Well done Maria :clap2:

Escape
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Ana :sad:
But great fighting :hug:

lilimi
Ugh, Ana sucks.
don't be too hard with her. maria is currently on fire. i'm more frustrated not to have seen this match than disappointed about the result.
if only 'à la cuillère' serve (don't know how to say it in english)was obligatory, maria would be 320th in the world and lena dementieva number1.
but life is cruel at times :lol:

Belmont Lad
Nice win Maria :clap2:

Milito22
:sobbing:

hollywood7172
good fight :hug: ana!:smooch: :smooch: keep it up and you'll be top 10 in no time!

JackFrost
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Well done, Maria S. :bounce: Take the title now!

Big fight, Ana. Hadn´t thought, the match would be so close. :)

égalité
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:51 PM
This thread title :haha:

Davai Masha!

ezekiel
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Too bad Ana for thinking too much at the finnish, at least she showed some progress from a month ago and injury and has to continue gaining consistency and stamina. Now she can go to Hasselt and finnish the season strong and then hopefully a much better start in Australia

madame_maria
i suppose i can't complain about the biaseness around here right?

so yay for Maria. :bounce:

lilimi
This thread title :haha:

Davai Masha!

:devil: i'm just saying the truth:lol:
seriously, can anyone make a short report of the match?

bellascarlett
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:57 PM
since this biased thread was first up...I'll just repost...

Masha!!!!!!! :woohoo: :bigclap: :banana:

Not the best serving day. Couldn't buy a first serve for most of the match. Worse, netting them or double faulting.

But she made up for that with the rest of her game pretty much. Dominated and dictated most of the rallies. Once the ball was in play, she had the upperhand.

Congrats Masha! Good Luck in the semifinals and please win it!

As I said also, And put up a good fight but needs to work on speed or movement. She made Maria look fast. :rolls:

jacobruiz
Good fight from Masha to finish off both sets!:worship: Now win the title!:bounce:

LH2HBH
The Gorgeous & Brilliant 'it' Girl Maria Sharapova def. wannabe Ana Ivanovic 76, 75. ;)

Aaron68
Oct 27th, 2006, 05:58 PM
don't be too hard with her. maria is currently on fire. i'm more frustrated not to have seen this match than disappointed about the result.
if only 'à la cuillère' serve (don't know how to say it in english)was obligatory, maria would be 320th in the world and lena dementieva number1.
but life is cruel at times :lol:

I think it is a "Slice" serve you are talking about. :)

Anyway, Maria has won 14 straight matches, and 24 of her last 25. I don't think losing to her right now means that you "suck". LOL

I would have loved to have seen this match, too. But alas. On to the winner of the Schnyder/Zvonareva match.

AlwaysGraf
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
well anna can only get better-this could be a good match up in the years to come-btw ivanovic is way prettier thn shrapova

also-just watched a bit of jankovic match-the girl has got a great game-nexte year, provided she is injury free-could be special for her

Leopold Stotch
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Spartak 1-0 Partizan

Ana looked stunning in her black and white. Lara Croft will return...

Top quality stuff from both of them.

Slavic genetic perfection.

lilimi
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:02 PM
flyguydsl (would like to know what this mean?)ana is NOT a sharapova wannabe!Ana is Ana.
you can create your topic:) .

bellascarlett
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I would have loved to have seen this match, too. But alas. On to the winner of the Schnyder/Zvonareva match.

Don't worry it wasn't really the best of matches. Maria really should have won it as someone said 64 63. Her serve was AWOL. But it just says a lot about the rest of her game. She's really improved and has a lot more improving to do which is great for her if she works hard at it.

If I remember correctly, the winner tally was Sharapova-28 Ivanovic-17, with Maria having about four more UEs than Ana.

ezekiel
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:07 PM
flyguydsl (would like to know what this mean?)ana is NOT a sharapova wannabe!Ana is Ana.
you can create your topic:) .

Who wants to be a copy of a copy ?

Hopefully Ana will mature soon,she is 18 going on 19 and get more consistent and experienced for next season where she should raise her game and stay there .

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I'm proud of Ana. She played a really good match. Better than yesterday.
Maria was just too good today, but Ana showed some skills.
Her serve was ok, not too many UE's, movement wasn't that bad either.
Now it's just the little things. Sometimes Ana was less agressive and that was just deadly in this match. A little more agressive and focused.
It's nice to see her play like this after an injury. Now it's getting close to the Montreal level. If Ana stays motived and knows how to improve the little things, then it will be a really nice future!

cr_ar_4ever
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Good luck next time, Ana.

Congrats, Maria.

Nickitos2006
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Well done, Masha!:yeah: Should’ve been 6-4 6-3, but it doesn’t really matter. Anyway, she won in straights, that’s exactly what I predicted :cool: But I worry about her conditions.:scared: She’s actually really tired after two weeks of tennis, so I really doubt she has enough energy left to win this title. But she’s a GREAT fighter, and maybe it helps her to pull it out. Удачи, Маша!:kiss:

bellascarlett
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM
The Gorgeous & Brilliant 'it' Girl Maria Sharapova def. wannabe Ana Ivanovic 76, 75. ;)

:lol:

You don't have to join in these childish games flyguydsl...

In the end, the thing that matters most is who raises her arms up in victory at the end of the match. ;)

I'm just glad Maria won!!! :yippee:

new-york
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:14 PM
great fighting Ana, hopefully much more to come. :hearts:

congrats non-upsetable Maria.:worship:

people, nobody said Ana is at Maria level, we just love her. :ras:

Wayn77
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Congrats to the unstoppable Ms Sharapova - see you in the final possibly :fiery: :devil: :drool:

the cat
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Nice win for Masha. Tough loss for Ana.

Ana&Jelena Fan
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM

I`ll never understand why people beleive that Masha is gorgeous and pretty. :help: :tape:

Congrats Maria, great fight Ana, better luck next time...

ioni
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:21 PM
masha :banana: :banana: :banana:

Poova
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:25 PM
YAY Maria! :D Should have won it 6/4 6/3 though as some people said :tape:

Dexter
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:25 PM
people, nobody said Ana is at Maria level, we just love her. :ras:exactly - but they will always see what they want too see Malik :lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Good Win Mash :woohoo: :yeah:

Dexter
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I`ll never understand why people beleive that Masha is gorgeous and pretty. :help: :tape: there was that nice closeup on both Maria & Ana at the change of ends... :drool:

cheo23
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Congratulations Miss Maria Sharapova on defeating "the beautiful & Talented:confused:" Ana

Miss Maria Sharapova, I would advise u to lose the next match so that u can get some rest for the YEC

P_Fer
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Awsome win Masha! Keep it up

Lulu.
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:57 PM
:woohoo:

I just wanted ana to lose :lol:

franny
Oct 27th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Hopefully someone can post this on youtube. I'd really like to see how their power compares.

bis2806
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I`ll never understand why people beleive that Masha is gorgeous and pretty. :help: :tape:

Congrats Maria, great fight Ana, better luck next time...

Very true!

bis2806
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Congratulations Miss Maria Sharapova on defeating "the beautiful & Talented:confused:" Ana

Miss Maria Sharapova, I would advise u to lose the next match so that u can get some rest for the YEC

No! Maria is going all the way so she can get to the no.1 ranking!!!

gocanadago
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Masha :bounce:

Dinkie
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I`ll never understand why people believe that Masha is gorgeous and pretty. :help: :tape:

My thought exactly, I was watching the match on Eurosport and I was only thinking how absolutely pretty, warm and sexy Ana looked, especially compared to the cold, frog-eyed, spotty fake blond $harapova.

Ana looked radiant, Maria looked ill.

Great service returns from Ana in this match and she got better in the rally's after a while. Ana hits as hard as Maria and sometimes faster. Pity she could not get to a third set.

xXSarajevoXx
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:15 PM
good work Ana :hug: :hearts:

doris_hdz
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Ana!!!:hug:

Nicolás89
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:21 PM
well i was wrong:o

Aaron68
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Don't worry it wasn't really the best of matches. Maria really should have won it as someone said 64 63. Her serve was AWOL. But it just says a lot about the rest of her game. She's really improved and has a lot more improving to do which is great for her if she works hard at it.

If I remember correctly, the winner tally was Sharapova-28 Ivanovic-17, with Maria having about four more UEs than Ana.

Thanks for the rundown.

I think Ana has nearly unlimited potential. If she can stay even remotely healthy. OTOH, as much as Masha has improved in the last year, she hasn't reached anywhere near her peak.

Here we have two young players who both are still getting better. Maria's a ways ahead of Ana, but Ana will no doubt keep improving. The future should be quite bright for both of them. From the little I do know about Ana, she seems nice enough. Maria seems also quite likeable. It certainly can't hurt the game of women's tennis to have two tall, attractive, nice women with such powerful, talent-laden games.

Like I said earlier, hopefully this is the first of many, many meetings between the two. Toss in Vaidisova, and you have a very bright future, indeed.

Kitten63
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:37 PM
congrats masha. now win this title!

sapir1434
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Ana :sad: But she played well.

beauty_is_pink
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM
wow tight match. Ana :sad:

Ben.
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Congrats Maria over your win over anopponent such as ana :worship: Not one of your best wins but a win is a win & now you've made it through 2 the semis where u continue your quest for a 5th title of the season & the year end no.1 ranking.

Ana, u gave it your best, it just wasn't enough. i'm sure that u will learn from this encounter & be better prepared next time against maria. congrats on reaching the quarters in Linz & get some rest for Hasselt.

Il Primo!
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Maria's career is getting very interesting.I'm not impressed by her level of game but Im fucking stunned by her mental toughness. She's gonna kill the 2007 season for sure (with Serena :p)

Reiken
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:56 PM
nice win masha!!!

better luck next time ana

©@®eLess
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Ana came back strong after injury. The only thing that differs them is experience. Maria knows how to handle these matches. Ana hits as hard as Maria, her return rips the court...she is improving a lot...her movement is 10x better then at the beginning of the year. She is very positive, smiled a lot. Someone said Maria looke pale. True very pale. She should rest or she'll stay out of gas and more experienced girls will take care of that.

~Kiera~
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?contentid=947

Maria Sharapova had one of the toughest battles, tightening the screws late in each set for a clutch 76(3) 75 win over Ana Ivanovic.

Sharapova, the top seed, battled for nearly two hours against the equally-big-hitting No.5 seed, and was just a bit better at the tail ends of each set to clinch the victory. The biggest drama came late in the second set, when Ivanovic fought back from a break down to even things at 5-apiece, but Sharapova quickly regained the momentum to notch the victory in her very first meeting with her fellow teenager.

"When you play someone at a pretty high level for the first time, it takes a while to get used to it; you don't know what to expect from the first point," Sharapova said. "She seemed to be going for her shots often, and some came unbelievably hard and deep, and were pretty consistent in the first set. At some times they're like a loose cannon and you don't know what's going to happen - that's difficult.

"I didn't really finish it off in both sets, but credit to her, she hung in there and played a good game in the first set to get back into it. Definitely in the second set I had two double faults and made a few sloppy errors. But I hung in there, too."

Sharapova is now 12-0 in quarterfinal matches this year on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour; only twice in what is now 14 events has she not made the semifinal round, those being Roland Garros (where she fell in the round of 16) and two weeks ago in Moscow (where, bothered by a right foot strain, she withdrew prior to her quarterfinal match against eventual champion Anna Chakvetadze).

The Russian's triumph over Ivanovic was her 14th win in a row since stepping onto the courts of the US Open - she won her second career major there, and has since also won another prestigious event, the Tier I Zürich Open last week. She maintains that despite a busy last few weeks she still remains eager to win.

"At this point I know mentally I'm not as fresh, but I feel like I'm match tough," Sharapova added. "I feel like coming back day after day, playing the matches, and so far, winning them."

:inlove:
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Maria. :banana: :banana: :worship:
Win the title. :kiss:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Go Maria!

Andy.
Oct 27th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Yay well done Maria, i was really worries abiout this one but you came thru, good luck in the semis.

Cooltrader
Oct 27th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Good win for Maria, she is a bigtime player who has been tested by the best and come out on top. I can't get over how her movement has gotten better.:eek: She explodes to the ball. Ana has to work on her movement and agility, she tried very hard. Good try Ana, learn from this and you'll get there. Ana looked very nice in this match.:angel:

Andy.
Oct 27th, 2006, 11:40 PM
People are saying Maria looks pale, well it is the indoors season, she isnt out in the sun at all so here Tan is gone.

Junex
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Nice win Maria!

cometz9
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Ana :sad: :D glad to see your healthy again, win some matches in Hasselt ;)

Corswandt
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Ana wasted a very good opportunity here: she was playing at her best, serve included, and was up against a Maria who was tentative for most of the match and couldn't serve worth shit when it really mattered.

As I predicted, Ana ferociously attacked Maria's serve, blasting away quite a few second serves (Maria returned the favour a few times as well). She also attempted to do the same with Maria's first serve - success ratio about 20-30%, so maybe that wasn't the wisest option.

There was a moment near the end of the first set in which Ana seemed close to blasting Maria off the court with her in-out/DTL FH (and Maria seemed to forget one of the WTA's golden rules: you don't play right into Ana's FH), but Maria improved as the match went along, learning to avoid Ana's FH and getting the hang of returning some of her (at times predictable) first serves. Many of the rallies seemed strangely stalemated, with Maria staying away from Ana's FH but sometimes finding it difficult to finish the point off with her own BH. Maria now seems faster than Ana, but Ana is much better at hitting last ditch defensive shots (particularly on the FH side), so that is pretty much evened out in the end. Still, Maria was ultimately more successful in moving Ana around than the opposite, not because she overpowered her but because she's better at stringing shots in a rally towards the ultimate goal of winning it, and because her reliable BH made it possible for her to attack Ana's weaker BH side.

Dan23
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Well done Maria :clap2:
Didnt serve as well as she has been but still toughed both sets out :cool:

Nice effort Ana!

Si_Hi
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:09 AM
damn.....

Shoulderpova
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:20 AM
I can't believe Maria choked both breaks away :tape:
Nicely done in the end, though ;)

hwanmig
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:23 AM
All these Maria should have won 6-4 6-3 blah blah. Maria is an itch girl:devil:
are so immature. Lets all accept the result as it is, Maria beat the incredibly beautiful and talented Ana Ivanovic.:lol:

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Masha :worship:

ezekiel
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:49 AM
I can't believe she gave those early two breaks otherwise she would have won and sent a pale one back to Florida to get some suntan :mad:

bellascarlett
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:05 AM
All these Maria should have won 6-4 6-3 blah blah. Maria is an itch girl:devil:
are so immature. Lets all accept the result as it is, Maria beat the incredibly beautiful and talented Ana Ivanovic.:lol:

Did you even watch the match?

WIMBLY2004
Oct 28th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Did you even watch the match?

Those Ivanovic fans are so desperate :lol: Maria won period.

lilimi
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Ana wasted a very good opportunity here: she was playing at her best, serve included, and was up against a Maria who was tentative for most of the match and couldn't serve worth shit when it really mattered.

As I predicted, Ana ferociously attacked Maria's serve, blasting away quite a few second serves (Maria returned the favour a few times as well). She also attempted to do the same with Maria's first serve - success ratio about 20-30%, so maybe that wasn't the wisest option.

There was a moment near the end of the first set in which Ana seemed close to blasting Maria off the court with her in-out/DTL FH (and Maria seemed to forget one of the WTA's golden rules: you don't play right into Ana's FH), but Maria improved as the match went along, learning to avoid Ana's FH and getting the hang of returning some of her (at times predictable) first serves. Many of the rallies seemed strangely stalemated, with Maria staying away from Ana's FH but sometimes finding it difficult to finish the point off with her own BH. Maria now seems faster than Ana, but Ana is much better at hitting last ditch defensive shots (particularly on the FH side), so that is pretty much evened out in the end. Still, Maria was ultimately more successful in moving Ana around than the opposite, not because she overpowered her but because she's better at stringing shots in a rally towards the ultimate goal of winning it, and because her reliable BH made it possible for her to attack Ana's weaker BH side.

thank you for this report:) :( i'm so angry at eurosport france.
:rolleyes: mashafanatics, please stop victimization!
why do you say ana fans are desperate?
everybody knows that maria won the match, and nobody said she stole it (she's better at stealing points:lol: :devil: ).she wins matches, what do tou want more? the whole world praying her?
why you always look to feel atacked against? don't be ashamed to love maria.i like nadia and she's criticised for more biased reasons;)

Doc
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Fine win by Maria over an Ana who played unbelievable. If she could play like that all the time, she'd be a Top Ten Shoo-in. Ana was very motivated against Maria, but Maria soaked it all up and came out top when it counted.

Craigy
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Knew Maria would win :cool:

azdaja
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:28 AM
everybody knows that maria won the match, and nobody said she stole it (she's better at stealing points:lol: :devil: ).she wins matches, what do tou want more? the whole world praying her?
why you always look to feel atacked against?
i agree. maria is nr 3 player in the world, was nr 1 laready, has won 2 gs titles, is the richest female athlete in the world and has all the media attention one can hope for and a lot of her fans still act like she is a victim of sorts :help:

a good fight by ana and a nice return from injury. good luck in the future.

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:30 AM
^She's the highest PAID female athlete. In terms of who's richer (as far as tennis is concerned) in the words of Beyonce'....(look) to the left

*my avatar for those who haven't caught on*

WIMBLY2004
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:38 AM

Refer to ezekiel's last post.

I was just stating a fact, the fact is Maria won, did I say I wanted the world to worship her? no, so what's your problem here?

why you always look to feel atacked against? don't be ashamed to love maria.i like nadia and she's criticised for more biased reasons;)

From where did you find I was ashamed to love Maria??? I am a fan, and I am proud of it, I came out to defend her when she was attacked, is it so hard for you to understand? Ask yourself why you jumped out to defend Ivanovic when I just used her match against Maria as an example to show Maria had more than her serve.

azdaja
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:44 AM
I am a fan, and I am proud of it, I came out to defend her when she was attacked, is it so hard for you to understand?
maria is doing more than alright even without you "defending" her. and given that you "defend" her by insulting fans of other players she is even better off without your help.

if you want to be classy in any way, that is. if you don't, that's another matter.

WIMBLY2004
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:59 AM
maria is doing more than alright even without you "defending" her. and given that you "defend" her by insulting fans of other players she is even better off without your help.

if you want to be classy in any way, that is. if you don't, that's another matter.

This is a message board, we are here to express our ideas about tennis and players, when I see a post attacking my fav with reason that I don't agree, I post to argue about it, I call it defending (you may think differently). I post when I have something to say, Maria being rich or poor, successful or not has nothing to do with what I post here. When I see some fans say something deperate, I call them desperate, I don't think it's insulting when it's true.

azdaja
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:09 PM
When I saw some fans said something deperate, I call them desperate, I don't think it's insulting when it's true.
you only think it's true, it's as simple as that. and even if it were true, you can single out the desperate ones because a lot of us (most of us, in fact) are pleased with the way ana played and don't feel desperate at all.

but anyway, i said if you want to be classy. if you don't then alright.

WIMBLY2004
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:18 PM
you only think it's true, it's as simple as that. and even if it were true, you can single out the desperate ones because a lot of us (most of us, in fact) are pleased with the way ana played and don't feel desperate at all.

but anyway, i said if you want to be classy. if you don't then alright.

I said "those", I meant those who acted desperate, you may accuse me generalising, but when you said "a lot of her fans still act like she is a victim of sorts", and when you agreed with lilimi on "mashafanatics, please stop victimization!" you didn't single out the victimised ones. Do you think you are being hypocrite here?

Off course as you said, if you want to be classy. if you don't then alright.:lol:

azdaja
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I said "those", I meant those who acted desperate, you may acuse me generalising, but when you said "a lot of her fans still act like she is a victim of sorts", and when you agreed with lilimi on "mashafanatics, please stop victimization!" you didn't single out the victimised ones. Do you think you are being hypocrite here?

Off course as you said, if you want to be classy. if you don't then alright.:lol:
no, because "mashafanatic" is not the same thing as "fan of maria sharapova". and "a lot of" even clearly implies that not everyone is meant. in both cases just a group of fans was singled out.

hydrofor
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Everybody knows Masha is too proud, impolite and unpleasant and we have another proof of it:
She didn't let beautiful and tallented Ana win :lol:

WIMBLY2004
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:25 PM
no, because "mashafanatic" is not the same thing as "fan of maria sharapova". and "a lot of" even clearly implies that not everyone is meant. in both cases just a group of fans was singled out.

Why did you change lilimi's word from "mashafanatics" to "mashafanatic"? :scratch:

mashafanatics = fans of Maria Sharapova

SoClose
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Gongrats Maria!

azdaja
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Why did you change lilimi's word from "mashafanatics" to "mashafanatic"? :scratch:

mashafanatics = fans of Maria Sharapova
i put both things in singular to tell that this is not the same, like they often do in dictionaries :p you can interpret "mashafanatic" the way you want, but i don't think it means all fans, just the more fanatical (mashafanatic rather than masha fan), blinded ones. like the one who made the post right above your last one, for example :p

but this is not worth arguing about. you can post whatever you wish anyway.

lilimi
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM
well maybe i didn't expressed myself perfectly. when i say 'mashafanatics', i don't mean all the sharapova's fans, but those who are so addicted to her that they can't have objective point of view and consider every criticism as an aggression. for some of them, everybody has to say 'i love maria, she's nice, she's great, her game is beautiful, she's beautiful'.

lilimi
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM
From where did you find I was ashamed to love Maria??? I am a fan, and I am proud of it, I came out to defend her when she was attacked, is it so hard for you to understand? Ask yourself why you jumped out to defend Ivanovic when I just used her match against Maria as an example to show Maria had more than her serve.
the thing is i don't see when maria was attacked in this topic:confused:
i didn't jumped out, i just said my point of view about maria's game. moreover i thought you were joking a bit when you said ana is an awful player;)

jegood
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:29 PM
It was a good match.Ana is playing better,I'm glad to see that,Maria is off course playing great.I'm happy to see Ana improving,I can't wait for the next season to see her play,I think she's going to be a real threat to all the top 10 players!:wavey: :bounce: