PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay to play in Hong Kong, 2007.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 24th, 2006, 02:50 PM
http://www.watsonswaterchallenge.com/eng/home/index.php

She's not retiring then.

MH0861
Oct 24th, 2006, 02:56 PM
She should be playing Sydney or one of the lower tiered events instead.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 24th, 2006, 03:00 PM

No, this sounds like a great plan. Play some exo with all the best players in the world, and no ranking points!

mike/topgun
Oct 24th, 2006, 04:51 PM
oh, Lindsay...does she think that it'd work out better than this year:confused:
that's an early commitment, so I'm not celebrating yet;)

The Daviator
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:04 PM
And she's still being bashed :rolls:

She's playing next year, it's good news! :rolleyes:

LethalLindsay
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:10 PM

I know right. She's playing and here we go again. Lets wait and see what happens shall we?

mike/topgun
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:15 PM
from GM:
Former world No. 1 Lindsay Davenport has been added to the 2006 Mercantile Tennis Challenge, completing the field.

Tennis Challenge officials said yesterday that Davenport, ranked No. 18, will play mixed doubles with Mike Bryan against Bob Bryan and Martina Navratilova.

The Challenge is scheduled for Dec. 6 at 1st Mariner Arena.
Lindsay found her new role in tennis - she's becoming an exho player:lol:

MH0861
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:16 PM

I'm thrilled she's playing, but I'd prefer she'd play a Tour Tournament instead and get 100-200 points for her ranking, that's all.

LDF
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Good news :)

Even if she played Sydney, any points she earns wouldn't be counted towards her seeding :shrug:

And it's not like doing well in a Tier III is going to drastically affect her seeding either.

(Though I suppose winning a smaller warm-up would give her a little extra confidence ahead of the AO.)

MH0861
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Good news :)

Even if she played Sydney, any points she earns wouldn't be counted towards her seeding :shrug:

And it's not like doing well in a Tier III is going to drastically affect her seeding either.

(Though I suppose winning a smaller warm-up would give her a little extra confidence ahead of the AO.)

No, but every little bit helps for the rest of the year.

LindsayRulz
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:32 PM
With who will she play in double?

MH0861
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:36 PM
She played with Vaidisova last year. :help: Hopefully she gets someone else.

LindsayRulz
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I hope she will not play with sharapova... I want to see Lindsay wins in single and double :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 24th, 2006, 07:33 PM
I'm thrilled she's playing, but I'd prefer she'd play a Tour Tournament instead and get 100-200 points for her ranking, that's all.

I feel the same way.
I am stoked she's playing somewhere but I'd feel better if it was a legit event rather than exhibition. She needs the ranking points. Sydney or Gold Coast would be suitable. But at this point I guess I'll take what I can get. :shrug:
Ugh.

And I see no problem with her playing an exho in December, she always has anyways.

dav abu
Oct 25th, 2006, 03:30 PM
She is not retiring - woo hoo :bounce: !

shirley
Oct 25th, 2006, 05:56 PM
She's playing, I'm happy :)

Lindsayfan32
Oct 25th, 2006, 07:21 PM

Sydney the week after. I think we can safely say Lindsay playing next year at least for the first part of the year.

MH0861
Oct 25th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Sydney the week after. I think we can safely say Lindsay playing next year at least for the first part of the year.

Lindsay Ann Davenport will not be playing Hong Kong, Sydney and then the Australian Open. We saw what happened when the girl had to play three matches in a row in NH, and what happened when she played 5 weeks in a row this Fall.

mike/topgun
Oct 25th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Lindsay Ann Davenport- Leach is certainly NOT playing HK, Sydney, Aussie Open, Tokyo, Dubey and IW:p There's no way in hell:lol:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 25th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I hope she plays doubles with Kim.

with Sharapova? hell no!

hurricanejeanne
Oct 25th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Lindsay Ann Davenport- Leach is certainly NOT playing HK, Sydney, Aussie Open, Tokyo, Dubey and IW:p There's no way in hell:lol:

Yup. There's no way in hell she'll play
Hong Kong
Sydney
Australian Open (even if she goes down in like round 4)
Tokyo

That's 4/5 weeks in a row. She'll drop dead again and need her arm amputated.

And a collective :lol: :tape: @ "Dubey". That still makes me laugh.

Andrew..
Oct 26th, 2006, 12:09 AM
So, instead of actually playing a real WTA event to help her ranking and get match play, she'll play here where she's paid like $200,000 to show, and enter a field where almost all of the players could beat her. Good plan.

I also like Lindsay's extensive off-season schedule. Maybe she'll also play the McDonald's Tour!

Lindsayfan32
Oct 26th, 2006, 06:55 AM
So, instead of actually playing a real WTA event to help her ranking and get match play, she'll play here where she's paid like $200,000 to show, and enter a field where almost all of the players could beat her. Good plan.

I also like Lindsay's extensive off-season schedule. Maybe she'll also play the McDonald's Tour!

What is wrong with Lindsay playing some end of year exos for charity? I am glad she folded the year to work on her fitness. If she is fit then theory she's healthy and then she will play better quality tennis in the new year.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 26th, 2006, 06:57 AM
I hope she plays doubles with Kim.

with Sharapova? hell no!

Would love to see her play with Kim but a big hell no to Maria :help:

*timtams*
Oct 26th, 2006, 03:15 PM
tis my birthday today, party and fake presents pretty please, anyone know if linds will play aus open, cos i am going!

Andrew..
Oct 26th, 2006, 08:09 PM
What is wrong with Lindsay playing some end of year exos for charity? I am glad she folded the year to work on her fitness. If she is fit then theory she's healthy and then she will play better quality tennis in the new year.
I'm sure she's working on her fitness right now. And not sitting on a beach doing nothing.

LindsayRulz
Oct 26th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I'm sure she's working on her fitness right now. And not sitting on a beach doing nothing.

I just hope that she is not doing nothing :scared:

Andrew..
Oct 26th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I'm sure she's training hard for a return. Like Serena and Anna.

LindsayRulz
Oct 26th, 2006, 11:46 PM
I'm sure she's training hard for a return. Like Serena and Anna.

Yeah she is maybe training with Gavin or Gwen. It's a good preparation before all the charity events :p

bis2806
Oct 27th, 2006, 03:48 AM
haha, guys I have the chance to see Lindsay play in Hong Kong again!

MH0861
Oct 27th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Yeah she is maybe training with Gavin or Gwen. It's a good preparation before all the charity events :p

Maybe George Bush will pwn her again. :unsure:

LindsayRulz
Oct 27th, 2006, 04:02 AM
haha, guys I have the chance to see Lindsay play in Hong Kong again!

you are so lucky :sad:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 27th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Maybe George Bush will pwn her again. :unsure:

Yeah that was cute. :tape: :p

Andrew..
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Hong Kong 1r:

(1) M. Sharapova def. L. Davenport 6-1 6-0. :)

MH0861
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Hong Kong 1r:

(1) M. Sharapova def. L. Davenport 6-1 6-0. :)

Atleast we'll still have the double bagel on her. :)

mike/topgun
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Probably Lindsay from 2005 Wimbledon/IW/AO would still lose to Masha from 2006 SanDiego/USO/Zurich...on hardcourt. :tape:
so Hong Kong 1r:
(1) M. Sharapova def. L. Davenport 6-3, 6-3:(

LethalLindsay
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I must be confused.......................is this the WTAWorld Forums............or the Psychic Friends Network?

!<blocparty>!
Oct 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM
(6) Vaidisova def. Davenport 7-6* 6-2.

*Lindsay blows a 4-2 40-0 lead.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I must be confused.......................is this the WTAWorld Forums............or the Psychic Friends Network?

:lol: Now, do we owe these posters, because of their predictions, $3.99 a post?:angel:

MH0861
Oct 28th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Zi Yan def. Lindsay Davenport 2-6 7-6 (6) 6-1.

mike/topgun
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Zi Yan def. Lindsay Davenport 2-6 7-6 (6) 6-1.
:o

that'd be too much for me:tape:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Or...
"Former world number one Lindsay Davenport has withdrawn from the 2007 Hong Kong exhibition siting 'injury'. Her participation in the upcoming Australian Open is now in question."

mike/topgun
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Or...
"Former world number one Lindsay Davenport has withdrawn from the 2007 Hong Kong exhibition siting 'injury'. Her participation in the upcoming Australian Open is now in question."
actually, that's way too probable to make fun of it:o

hurricanejeanne
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:24 PM
actually, that's way too probable to make fun of it:o

That's why I posted it.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way, whether she shows up or not.
Since this is her only AO "warmup", then I hope she plays.
I hope she gets her shit together this offseason and rebounds next year.

mike/topgun
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:05 PM
It's true that those early commitments, more so for exho tourneys, don't mean a thing at this stage in Lindsay's career.
I'd love to see her playing for another season or two...but it's up to her. If she's not having fun on court aymore, lacks the will to compete and win, then she shuold really make the decision sooner than later. It's not worth it to drag this shit much longer.
Hmm, I'm really trying to stay positive about her chances for the next year.
Then it's not so obvious she even plays:smash:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:21 PM
It's true that those early commitments, more so for exho tourneys, don't mean a thing at this stage in Lindsay's career.
I'd love to see her playing for another season or two...but it's up to her. If she's not having fun on court aymore, lacks the will to compete and win, then she shuold really make the decision sooner than later. It's not worth it to drag this shit much longer.
Hmm, I'm really trying to stay positive about her chances for the next year.
Then it's not so obvious she even plays:smash:

Lindsay always plays a couple of charity events during the offseason. And I have no problem with that.
I'm not too surprised that she signed back on the play HK again. She seemed like she enjoyed playing there this past year.

I'm also trying to stay positive. It's hard because it's so frustrating. I'm not hoping for much. I just want her to stay healthy, play a decent schedule and play well. And we'll see where that takes us if we get that far.

mike/topgun
Oct 28th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I'm also trying to stay positive. It's hard because it's so frustrating. I'm not hoping for much. I just want her to stay healthy, play a decent schedule and play well. And we'll see where that takes us if we get that far.
:) you're right, I guess

Andrew..
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:06 PM
L. Davenport def. N. Loeffler-Caro 6-2 6-1.

Sucks.

The Daviator
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:00 PM
So we're certain Lindsay is coming out of retirement then? :D

Andrew..
Oct 28th, 2006, 11:22 PM
No.

LethalLindsay
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Calling Dionne Warwick.............Miss Warwick to the phones please........

:inlove:
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:27 AM
At least it's a hint that she's not retiring. :woohoo:

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 2nd, 2006, 05:25 PM
she still playing and thats all that matters to me!

Andrew..
Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
Calling Dionne Warwick.............Miss Warwick to the phones please........
What.

LindsayRulz
Nov 28th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Damn Lindsay will play with Sharapova...

In single she will play against Kuznetsova

The Daviator
Nov 28th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Well, as I said in GM, I think she'll lose to Sveta, then beat Zheng and Dementieva to win the silver group thingy, I'd rather that than a loss to Kim :o

At least no thrashing by Sharapova :D Doubles will be fun, Maria and Lindsay have always got on well...

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1077/028kk.jpg

LindsayRulz
Nov 28th, 2006, 10:40 PM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/wttldms034dq.jpg

LindsayRulz
Nov 28th, 2006, 11:05 PM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/wtt037.jpg
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/wtt035.jpg

Andrew..
Nov 28th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Lolz.

She's just trying to fall even further down on my shit list.

Elldee
Nov 28th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I don't think Lindsay has any strong feelings for Maria one way or another... she respects her but the idea of them being friends is pure WTAWorld BS.

I think Lindsay will beat Sveta and lose to Kim and I think she'll tank the doubles again.

hurricanejeanne
Nov 29th, 2006, 12:24 AM
I'm indifferent to the singles draw. It's not the worst she could get, but it could be a touch easier.
She is in the "tougher" section of the draw.

I will admit I kind of vomited in my mouth when I saw the doubles draw. :tape: I was hoping for anyone beside Pova. I do agree that "the friendship" between the two is BS. They may respect one another's games or whatever but nothing more. This doubles match is probably the draw of the tournament, all four girls are slam champions and all.

I give it 50/50 on whether Lindsay takes out Sveta. It'll have to be in straight sets though.
Now we just have to wait for a month for this to take place.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 29th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Good Luck LINDSAY :yeah:

The Daviator
Nov 29th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I'm indifferent to the singles draw. It's not the worst she could get, but it could be a touch easier.

I will admit I kind of vomited in my mouth when I saw the doubles draw. :tape: I was hoping for anyone beside Pova. I do agree that "the friendship" between the two is BS. They may respect one another's games or whatever but nothing more. This doubles match is probably the draw of the tournament, all four girls are slam champions and all.

I give it 50/50 on whether Lindsay takes out Sveta. It'll have to be in straight sets though.

Isn't it exciting :D

hurricanejeanne
Nov 29th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Isn't it exciting :D

Almost back in the swing of things.
*sigh* one more go around. :D

!<blocparty>!
Nov 29th, 2006, 01:15 AM
If Linday has done any training whatsoever and isn't in total tank mode then she's beating Sveta easily.

I'm hoping Kim totally blows in 07, but that's unlikely after her YEC form. :sad: So, I'm predicting a 6-3 6-4 loss there.

Whatever at doubles... I doubt they hate each other. :shrug: No big deal.

LindsayRulz
Nov 29th, 2006, 01:23 AM
I'm so excited! :bounce:

But I'll have to wait 1 month :sad:

MH0861
Nov 29th, 2006, 01:35 AM

Oh, they probably rigged the draw. Lindsay/Maria's pairing has everyone talking, and I'm sure it'll be a big draw for the crowds. And shock of all shocks, Sharapova gets Yan instead of Davenport first round.

hurricanejeanne
Nov 29th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Oh, they probably rigged the draw. Lindsay/Maria's pairing has everyone talking, and I'm sure it'll be a big draw for the crowds. And shock of all shocks, Sharapova gets Yan instead of Davenport first round.

Oh, you know it's rigged. They, even exhibitions, keep the cupcake draws for the one and only Bananapova herself. ;)

Lindsay and Maria playing doubles together is the draw of the exho. Though, I'd be surprised if they beat Saint Kimmie/Sveta.

Lindsayfan32
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:12 AM
I have what might sound like a really dumb question. How to they decide who plays doubles with who? I don't think Lindsay and Maria would play together willingly. It sound like it might be for promotional purposes to me.

lindsayno1
Nov 29th, 2006, 08:22 AM
ugh maria with lindsay!

The Daviator
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:33 PM
I have what might sound like a really dumb question. How to they decide who plays doubles with who? I don't think Lindsay and Maria would play together willingly. It sound like it might be for promotional purposes to me.

Apparently they asked Sharpie who she'd like to play doubles with, and she said Lindsay, although this is according to pierce67390620145566, so I'm not sure how reliable it is...

pierce0415
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Apparently they asked Sharpie who she'd like to play doubles with, and she said Lindsay, although this is according to pierce67390620145566, so I'm not sure how reliable it is...

its true ;) . They asked Maria first because she is the VIP in the tournament and they have to please her :vomit:

anyway, do you guys know if Linds is playing Sydney? if she is, she is in Qualies :cool:

The Daviator
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:16 PM
its true ;) . They asked Maria first because she is the VIP in the tournament and they have to please her :vomit:

anyway, do you guys know if Linds is playing Sydney? if she is, she is in Qualies :cool:

Alright then :p

And she's not playing Sydney, or qualies anywhere for that matter :lol: