PDA

View Full Version : Kim at Queen's

KaseyL
Jun 13th, 2002, 09:42 PM
If you want to know what Kim is doing in this ATP tournament while Lleyton is defending his title:

Clijsters Claims Wives and Girlfriends Competition

Kim Clijsters is a winner at the Stella Artois Championships after an impressive display of tennis at the Queen's Club.

For those of you wondering how a world number five woman player can taste glory at an ATP men's event, the reason is that the Belgian, here to support her boyfriend Lleyton Hewitt, had entered the annual wives and girlfriends tournament at the Stella Artois.

Clijsters toned her play down a little to keep the event social, but still did enough to join Scott Draper's girlfriend Jessica Kersten as the winners of the event.

Also taking part were Jan-Michael Gambill's mother Diane, Bob Bryan's girlfriend Jennifer Kuhl, and Lleyton Hewitt's mother Cherylin.

The event was organised by Felicity Bernstein, the widow of former Stella Artois tournament director, Clive Bernstein.

"This is the 25th year that we have held the event," she said. "It was started by Rosemary Gullikson and it was so popular that Clive wanted to run it every year."

arn
Jun 13th, 2002, 09:46 PM
wow, I didn't even know this existed!!!!
Thank you so much!!!! :kiss: :kiss:

Is there more info about it (like a draw or so??)

Lisbeth
Jun 14th, 2002, 01:19 AM
Well good on Kim but I think the other competitors are the ones who deserve a medal for taking her on!!

KaseyL
Jun 14th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Arn, I don't know about a draw or anything of that kind.
Btw, BBC had some coverage of this event yesterday.
They showed Kim, Lleyton's mother, JM Gambill's mother,... it all looked very relaxed.

Come-on-kim
Jun 14th, 2002, 06:23 AM
I saw it yesterday on BBC, it was very good!!

I can tell you that Kim played underated, just to let the others not losing 6-0 6-0!!

Lleyton's mothers as a one handed backhand

KaseyL
Jun 14th, 2002, 06:23 AM
:D @ number1kim!

Wasn't really a fair competition though LOL. But probably good fun!

~|Naomi|~
Jun 14th, 2002, 07:32 AM
That would of been so cute to see:angel:

keta
Jun 14th, 2002, 08:36 AM
thats woudl have been the best thing eva too see!!
kim is always doing nice things like that!!:angel: :angel: :angel:

irma
Jun 14th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Kimmy is too nice, to keep her level down:D

Lleyki
Jun 14th, 2002, 08:36 PM
OMG I wanted to see that :bounce: