PDA

View Full Version : Belgian press interview with Kim

KaseyL
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Here is the latest interview with Kim, dates from yesterday, June 11, in Brussels, in which Kim talks about Wimbledon, mentions Paris and offically denies to be engaged.

Here is my translation:

Euro Disney helped to forget Roland Garros

source: Het Nieuwsblad, June 12, 2002

Kim will play mixed doubles with boyfriend Lleyton Hewitt at Wimbledon.

Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin answered questions from the personnel of sponsor Belgacom, by videoconference. There was afterwards only a short interview with Kim and the press possible. Justine bluntly informed that she had nothing to tell.

Henin resumed training yesterday and was of the opinion that thus all was said. Questions how she had coped with the bad-luck at Roland Garros were lost at her. Kim however, who took a flight from Queen’s to Brussels for this videoconference, and had to catch her flight again one hour after the end of the conference, was willing to talk about her preparation for Wimbledon.

Kim: ‘I didn’t bother too much about my loss at Roland Garros. I didn’t play well that day and that can happen. The next days I have visited Euro Disney with Lleyton, have done some shopping, and have watched the matches of my sis. Afterwards I have rested a bit at home.
I am in full preparation of Wimbledon now.
I try to practise as much as possible in Queen’s, where Lleyton is playing. Playing outdoors is a problem, because it is raining almost all the time. However I can practise indoors, and as last preparation I will play at Rosmalen next week.’

Kim expects a lot of Wimbledon. ‘More than Paris, Wimbledon is my tournament a bit. I won it when I was a junior, the atmosphere is special, the changing rooms are particular. And: grass simply suits me. On top of that there is the nice family where I have accommodation year after year, and you know why I prefer this tournament.’

About the so-to-speak engagement which she was supposed to have made official yesterday, she was brief: ‘Where do they get it, for heaven’s sake? Lleyton and I are together but we have never discussed an engagement. That sensationalism vexes me terribly. I do intent to play mixed doubles with Lleyton at Wimbledon, maybe they meant that? Playing doubles is good to sharpen your reflexes at the net.’

Sis Elke will enter more tournaments the coming months. The youngest of the family is playing better and better and will take part in several tournaments at the junior’s where Kim is playing in the women’s field.

and this was in La Libre, June 12:
(my own translation)

Kim about Wimbledon:... ‘I have good memories of being at Wimbledon. I don’t forget that somehow my career started there. For the first time I qualified for the main draw of a Grand Slam and got into the 1/8 final against Steffi Graf.’ ...

Besides this, Lei Clijsters, her dad, has fiercely denied that there is a wedding coming up between Kim and Lleyton, as earlier claimed by and announced on one of the main Flemish TV stations, VTM…

keta
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Thankz for the article Ingrid
:sad: :sad: no angagment!!

Lleyki
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Thx for the article
They will play mixed doubles together!!! that's great! :bounce:

arn
Jun 12th, 2002, 10:08 AM
VERY interesting article!!

Josh
Jun 12th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Strange decision to play mixed doubles. I thought she wouldn't play doubles anymore because of her arm :confused:. I wonder what Sugiyama thinks of this....

Not very nice of Justine either....

Anyway best of luck to them both at Wimbledon!

Cilla
Jun 12th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Yea @ Lley & Kim playing doubles!!:bounce: :bounce: But I share your concern Josh about her arm & I do feel for sugiyama as Kim has messed her around a little-not deliberately of course and health is priority, but I wonder if Ai would be a little put out?

Nina_rus
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:44 PM
thanks for the interview :D

and I'm really happy about the doubles, if she decided to play then her arm must not be bad :)